Which Olympic Medalists Have Won TV Gigs?

Michael Phelps is climbing out of the pool and hoping to stay out of the drink in his first TV project since collecting his unprecedented 22nd Olympic medal. Gold medal-winning runner Sanya Richards-Ross, meanwhile, is set to star in a reality-TV project for WE tv.

And they may not be the only favorites from Team USA maintaining a presence on your TV screen.

RELATED | Olympics Watch: What Was Your Favorite Moment From London 2012, Day 15?

Phelps — who was tapped as a Saturday Night Live host after his wowza performance in the 2008 Summer Games — will be the next star pupil on Golf Channel’s The Haney Project. The most-decorated Olympian in history will aim to improve his golf game and play some of the world’s finest courses while under the tutelage of pro/host Hank Haney.

Previous rounds of The Haney Project schooled the likes of NBA Hall-of-Famer Charles Barkley, TV star Ray Romano and Maroon 5 front man Adam Levine. The Phelps-centric Season 5 will shoot this fall and premiere in February 2013.

WE tv meanwhile has picked up a pilot, shot prior to the London Games, offering an insider’s look at Richards-Ross’ rigorous training regime as well as her personal life — including her marriage to two-time Super Bowl champion Aaron Ross, now of the Jacksonville Jaguars, Deadline reports.

Among other breakout U.S. Olympic medalists, swimmer Ryan Lochte has expressed his interest in being ABC’s next Bachelor or hitting the parquet on Dancing With the Stars, while gymnast sweetheart Gabby Douglas will be featured on the Aug. 26 installment of Oprah’s Next Chapter, on OWN.

1. Nick says:

DWTS should do an Olympic theme season

2. tvaddict says:

Lochte is enough of a douchebag man whore to be the next bachelor. I hope to see the fab 5 especially Gabby Douglas and also my favorite swimmer Nathan Adrian. Also I wouldn’t complain over seeing Connor Dwyer in the future

3. Steve says:

Lochte has also said hes seriously considering a reality show. As the Jezebel article stated, he seems like an egotistical douche

4. uh huh says:

Lochte is a total douchecanoe. Did you see that stupid grill he had made? What a moron. Get over yourself. I loved that he didn’t do nearly as well as everyone (most notably HE) expected. Serves him right.

5. If they are trying to make @BachelorABC more like @ BachelorPadABC then @RyanLochte would be a perfect fit. I’d definitely watch to see how many women showed up wearing grillz

6. Julie says:

Lochte is definitely enough of a doucheboat to be the next Bachelor. ABC should jump on that train.

7. Amanda says:

I know Gabby said she’d accept a little guest spot on TVD after their video to her. I personally would love that as well as seeing Mckayla pop up somewhere doing that fab not impressed face.

8. dude says:

Lochte doesn’t want a relationship (only one night stands) yet he wants to go on a show designed to find men wives? Hmmmm. It’s as if he just wants to sleep with a bunch of girls and then not marry one. That’s never happened.

9. Jack says:

I thought Michael Phelps was already a supporting actor on Breaking Bad? Walter White Jr. aka “Flynn”?? No?

10. april-ann says:

I don’t know, not being a sports fan at all (or even much of an O fan), but I watched quite a bit and none of the aforementioned made any impression on me at all. I know that’s bad but it’s true. The only one and I’m talking THE ONLY one I found worth watching was Usain Bolt. (My kids had to school me on who he was, and from then I watched). My goodness, What a personality! Interacting with the crowd, enjoying it so much, mugging for the cameras so soon before and after the races, can I just say WOW? I’d watch anything he’s in and would probably buy anything he’s selling. So hoping to see more of him.

11. Jared says:

I seriously doubt ABC would make Ryan Lochte there next Bachelor..but putting him on the spring season of DWTS is way more likely.

12. Soyespañol says:

Gabby Douglas will maybe be in The Vampire Diaries.