Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: Lost's Elizabeth Mitchell Starts a New Revolution With J.J. Abrams

If you’ve been Lost without Elizabeth Mitchell on your TV screen, we think you’ll find these exclusive shots of the actress’ upcoming gig quite Revolution-ary.

We’ve gotten our hands on the first pics of Mitchell in her new role, as Rachel Matheson in the post-apocalyptic NBC fall drama from executive producers J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke.

Mitchell was asked to join the series after Rescue Me’s Andrea Roth had already shot the pilot — the change took place, Kripke recently said, because the character’s future made its creative team “realize that there were facets of that character that Elizabeth would be best-suited to play.”

RELATEDLost Alum Elizabeth Mitchell Joins in NBC’s Revolution

After a brief prologue, Revolution takes place 15 years after all of the power in the world suddenly turns off on an evening in 2012. Mitchell plays the mother of Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Danny Matheson (Graham Rogers) and the sister-in-law of rebel leader Miles (Billy Burke). She appears in a series of flashbacks.

RELATED Revolution‘s Ragtag Survivors on a New World Order and Playing Against a Breaking Baddie

Both of the pics are of family time. In one, she looks concerned while talking to a young Charlie. The other is a tender scene in the kitchen.

Revolution premieres Monday, Sept. 17, at 10 pm/9c. Keep busy until then by giving the images below some close scrutiny, and then hit the comments with your hopes for and initial impressions of the NBC drama!

1. Jim Houston says:

I absolutely adore and love Elizabeth Mitchell!! If the show was missing anything to make me want to desperately see it, it was this! Can’t wait!!

• Mike says:

Ditto! The show’s premise was interesting, but if Elizabeth Mitchell is in, I’m there!

• greysfan says:

I wish she was Emily’s mother on Revenge but none the less i will be watching this show because of her and her alone, well sort of because i like these sorts of shows but yeah. She is brilliant at what she does.

2. dg says:

I’d watch her sit on a stool and read the phone book.This show looks interesting even if I suspect you can drive a truck through some of the holes in the science.I’ll definately watch it.

3. Did they reshoot her scenes in the pilot or we’ll start seeng her from the second episode forwards?

4. beej says:

The thing I like most about Elizabeth Mitchell is her laugh. She hasn’t played characters that get to do that often, but in “The Santa Clause 2″ she does, and it is absolutely musical. Makes my heart flitter every time I hear it. her laugh and the sparkle in her eyes slay me.

5. TheDude says:

She only appears in flashbacks? Or it just starts out that way?

• Mike says:

If I understand correctly, Mitchell will be a series regular. Not sure how exactly they are going to present the story week to week, but the event takes place in 2012 and the show will be set years later. They will flashback to show what led up to it.

• J says:

This is not a spoiler, because I know nothing and am merely speculating…

But I’m pretty sure there’ll be a twist that she’s alive or something pretty soon in the series.

• Anna says:

I saw the pilot at comic con and they don’t confirm it out right (that Shes dead), she’s just not there in the present. I think you might be right especially now that Elizabeth Mitchell is in it, you want her in as many scenes as possible.

6. Amanda says:

Well wasn’t sure about this series but if Elizabeth Mitchell is a part of it I will check it out

7. Holly says:

Elizabeth Mitchell is awesome. I will definitely check out this show.

• LastoftheTimeLords says:

I wasn’t really interested enough to watch until Juliet showed up. :D Now I’ll probably check it out!

8. John says:

OH NO – Abrams Flashbacks again!!!!!!!! Wonder if there will be flash forwards in Season 3 to where we see the end of the Zombie/vampire/werewolf apocolypse.

Kidding – will be tuning in from the beginning and totally glad to see Elizabeth Mitchell in the cast!

9. Kat says:

Ooh. Can’t wait to see the show! Love her!

10. Belinda says:

So ready, bring it on NOW… gonna be a great exciting year for Revolution and its followers

11. Liv says:

I absolutely adore Elizabeth Mitchell!!! She is so incredibly talented in everything she does!!!! Can’t wait to see Revolution!!!

12. I’ll always check out JJ Abrams shows. Elizabeth however makes this one golden!

13. Nero theTVFiddler says:

Elizabeth Mitchell is fantastic – JJ was very wise to bring EM into the cast. I was going to watch/sample the show, but with Elizabeth onboard, I’m all in now, I’ll watch every episode. ‘Lost’ was a good as it gets, but ‘V’ was a pretty good show as well, primarily because EM was in the cast. The ‘Revolution’ just got a whole lot more interesting and whole lot better. Welcome aboard Elizabeth!

14. onedamnlostfan says:

ohh her charcter’s future is such that mitchell is more suited for the role huh? so her character is still alive?

15. onedamnlostfan says:

i already want to see that part of her future that makes E.M. a perfect fit for this role…

16. Sawyer says:

will watch because of Liz Mitchell. She is at her best when working with JJ and Bryan Burke. Love her

17. i am so glad to see so much love for Liz. and yes i will be watching this just to see her too. i have missed her so much. although i can’t deny that the fact that J,J Abrams is on, promises the show will be interesting;p