Did Falling Skies Bug You? Did GH's 'TnB' Redo Fall Short? Rookie's Fair Beauty? And More Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, here are some queries we’re going to lob at you, from shows including Breaking Bad, Falling Skies, Burn Notice and General Hospital!

1 | Did you hope, just for a second, that Blair would accept Todd’s crazytown proposal — and that maybe Kassie DePaiva would stick around Port Charles — when she visited General Hospital? On a related note, who agrees that Jason Thompson actually looks like he’s been crying as much and hard as Patrick? Way to sell the storyline! Oh, and: Ewen is the man behind Robin’s faked death?! Did anyone see that coming? (Confession: We did think he was the man assaulting strippers a few months back, but they pinned it on Ronnie so we stopped suspecting him of devious acts.)

2 | What kinda crazy sci-fi FX were at work in those Political Animals flashbacks, de-aging Sigourney Weaver? And why does Doug’s fiancée Anne always insist on coitus interrupting with talk of the parents?

3 | Is The Newsroom‘s Jim actually Clark Kent in disguise? Because only the Man of Steel could’ve sustained as many blows to the head as he did this week without suffering some kind of permanent damage.

4 | Does TNT seem to run two minutes of commercials and in-house promos for every two minutes of actual programming? This week’s Leverage felt like it was 50 percent ads for the next Falling Skies. Speaking of…

5 | The alien cockroaches coming out of Jamil’s mouth on Falling Skies: Grossest thing on TV this week all summer or the most grossly awesome?

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, Downton Abbey, Glee, Happy Endings, Parenthood and More!

6 | Were you as surprised as we were when Breaking Bad‘s Mike killed one of his “guys” but let Lydia live?

8 | What’s wrong with the girls on Bunheads? Have they never seen a tater tot before?! And what did you make of that closing dance number?

9 | Was any omission from WWE Raw‘s 1000th episode more glaring than that of Attitude Era King Stone Cold Steve Austin? Also, we love The Rock as much as the next wrestling fan, but how gratifying was it to see The Great One flying clotheslined in front of the millions (and millions!) tuning in — and by CM punk, no less?

10 | Do any other Bachelor Pad fans feel like Jaclyn and Rachel’s brutal gossiping about Blakeley crossed a line from general reality-TV intrigue into something far, far uglier? Speaking of uglier, does Jaclyn know how frequently she’s serving “disgusted bitchface” to the cameras? Be careful or your face could freeze like that, girl!

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Glee, Once Upon a Time, Happy Endings, Parenthood and More!

White Collar Season 411 | One of the clues that led White Collar‘s Peter to the elusive thief David Cook was that he’s a leftie. So why was Cook swinging a squash racquet with his right hand?

13 | Just how many mysterious, previously unseen friends does Pretty Little Liars‘ Ali have? And shouldn’t the Liars have been more suspicious of CeCe?

RELATED | General Hospital Team Talks of ‘Rebuilding,’ Plus 7 More Scooplets (Including a ‘Jolie’ Update)

14 | Are the L.A. Complex writers psychic? First, a Scientology reference, and now Connor’s getting a job offer to be a starlet’s fake boyfriend!

15 | Dear Glee Project: Was it really necessary for wheelchair-bound Ali to dunk a basketball to the point where you made everyone do 30-plus takes because she kept missing it?

16 | Any So You Think You Can Dance fans worried that the astonishingly good Eliana’s appearance in the girls’ Bottom 3 so early in the season means we’re in for a long, ugly summer of ridiculous results?

17 | Would it might be smart for ABC’s Bachelor franchise to steal some of Love in the Wild‘s low-wattage/high-stress “travel dates” to see if their central couples really have what it takes to survive?

Rookie Blue Charlotte Sullivan18 | Did anyone out there not see the big death coming on Burn Notice? On a related note: Sharon Gless, how do you wreck us fans with but a few seconds of silent anguish?

19 | Isn’t it refreshing to see someone on TV as beautiful and porcelain-skinned– and not orange — as Rookie Blue‘s Charlotte Sullivan?

20 | If Project Runway‘s producers weren’t so busy trumping up a Gunnar-Christopher rivalry, is there any way the former designer wouldn’t have been replaced by understated Dmitry in this week’s Candy Couture Top 3?

21 | Given the creative and ratings failure of Bristol Palin’s recent reality series — and the icky controversy about her toddler son dropping the “f—-t” bomb — doesn’t ABC’s decision to cast her on Dancing With the Stars‘ upcoming all-star season seem like a simply cynical ploy to score controversy-fueled headlines?

Comments (51)

• 7 | Who else is gonna storm Fox HQ with brickbats and torches if Randy Jackson manages to survive yet another season on the American Idol judges’ panel?

Right there with ya. I don’t even like Mariah Carey as a judge for American Idol but she will still be better than Randy Jackson. Ughhhhhhhhh. Time for a new dawg. One who doesn’t refer to himself as such.

Comment by Sara – July 27, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Randy Jackson is one of the whitest black guys on TV. One of those people that think they are superior to others of their own race. If he would associate himself with anything or anyone hip in his own career field, he would know that “dawg” is played out and embarassing. With so many lame “Yes” Men sucking up to him at MTV and FOX for years, he has not had to venture anywhere near the streets or stages to know his thoughts, act, and regimen are antiquated and void of relevance.

Comment by Dawg Detester – July 28, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • According to Gawker, Life’s a Tripp showrunner Matt Lutz wrote in to say that Tripp’s bleeped expletive was “f**k” and not “f****t.” Lutz says that he was in the room at the time, and that he has reviewed the raw footage several times.
    She’s such a horrible mother, I mean how old is the kid?

Comment by Gerald – July 27, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yessssssssssssssssssssss. Todd and Blair are amazing together and Kassie needs to come to GH forever.. need some T&B angst!
    oh and I’m down w. the brickbats and torches if Randy survives another season!

Comment by Ej Henry – July 27, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TNT has more commercials than actual TV. It’s ridiculous.

Comment by Brandonrowe14 (@BrandonRowe14) – July 27, 2012 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where do you even begin on that list??
    And darn! Now I’m bummed I tuned out of Bunheads before the end!

Comment by Sherry – July 27, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Re: 18 – That was the worst Burn Notice episode I’ve seen in a looong time. They may as well have put a red shirt on Nate and just had him walk through a scene at the last minute. Forget bringing him back for four episodes. It was a poorly written episode. The moment they brought Nate back to the show, you knew something was going to happen. And his return was weak. I can’t see him just giving up custody of his kid, and moving away from her. Then, it made NO sense to bring him to Atlantic City and not Sam. Even if he knows the lay of the land, it was still terrible planning, and I can’t see that the CIA would have been ok with Nate and not Sam, no matter how they felt about Sam. The bed bug argument made sense. But no way was Nate so stupid to order pizzas to a stake out. He’s worked with his brother enough times to know not to do something so ridiculous. Plus, after that fight, why didn’t someone go get Nate? Anson is a man who has infiltrated Michael’s family, killed his father, tried to kill his mother, tried to kill Sam, Jesse, and that CIA chick, and gotten Fiona thrown into jail. No matter how off the rails Michael is, you’re telling me no one else on that crew….Jesse…the CIA chick…anyone…thought it might be a good idea to bring Nate back? They’re just going to let him roam off unprotected with a complete madman roaming Atlantic City? Where was airport security when Nate pounced on Anson? Three guys show up when I get in the security line with a bottle of water, and Nate punches a guy and takes his gun and NO ONE shows up?? And Sam and Barry just HAPPEN to get trapped in a house with no cell service and no internet….(what is this 1995??) and no one….no one around to hear the numerous explosions and gunshots? It was just a bad, bad episode all around.

Comment by Irishgirl – July 27, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I blame USA for ruining the shock factor the episode should have had. The network kept on advertising “someone won’t make it back.” By that, by the time you saw Nate’s in the episode and how Michael treated him, you’d be 100% sure it’s him who would die. I know USA wants big ratings but come on, they have to be smart and come up with a better way to promote big episodes like this.

Comment by King – July 27, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree!

Comment by tvaddict70 – July 30, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hated the whole Nate plot on Burn Notice. I love the actor and the role of Nate, but this was just too much. Lame, lame, lame. The show has been steadily getting worse for the past couple of seasons and this was the straw that broke the camels back. I, for one am done with the show, quitting cold turkey.

Comment by Kasper – August 3, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes the death in Burn Notice was obvious but it was still really really good

Comment by Patrick – July 27, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kassie and Roger are magic together. It’s a shame GH hasn’t pushed hard for Kassie to come on contract. Todd without Blair is like peanut butter without jelly. It’s good by itself, but not as good as when it’s partnered with its soul mate. TnB forever!

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – July 27, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Falling Skies proved the skitters, mechs, and the 10-foot Gumby aren’t messing around! I loved it!

Comment by Linderella – July 27, 2012 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like your name for the Overlords. I second the motion that from now on they be referred to as the Gumby Men on this site.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – July 27, 2012 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Todd and Blair are amazing together! They are the definition of a supercouple and there are so few left. They need to sign Kassie soon!

Comment by Jessica P – July 27, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see a great Blair/Todd/Carly triangle going on over at GH.

Comment by Matt – July 27, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope Carly finds her way back to Jax.

Comment by Kahlee – July 28, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #5 My husband and I had finally stopped calling Jamil the pervy teacher from The Killing/ Power Ranger– and accepted that he was now a regular character only to be killed off.
    #8 The dance was so random, just tacked on, but it was nice to see that the girl can actually dance.
    #17 Agree, understanding that this is a totally scripted “reality” show, it would be fun to make the dates a bit more stressful– some sort of task or travel– having to navigate a foreign country without assistance is very stressful to a relationship– just look at the Amazing Race.
    #19 There was a seen with Gail getting ready for the undercover date and Andy was giving her a pep talk and I kept thinking Andy looked so orange and Gail looked so normal.

Comment by Hillary – July 27, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would hardly call Gail’s color “normal”, but I do agree, Andy looks like she goes to the tanning booth when she’s not catching bad guys…

Comment by Barbie Furtado – July 27, 2012 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • REALLY? Her skin color is NOT normal according to Barbie Furtado? I am very fair skinned too, along with quite a few of my friends. Not everyone has to fake bake themselves to death, literally. Ever hear of skin cancer? And the fake orange glow has to go too! I am so sick of apologizing for being fair skinned!

Comment by Heathers – July 28, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Geez, defensive, much? That wasn’t what I said, at all. But her skin color isn’t normal, as in, not what the most of the population is like. I never implied she should go and get a tan. I just said, it’s not what most people are like, especially if you think world population. She has a skin color that isn’t the average kind, that isn’t what you see out there all the time. I think she’s stunning, I don’t think she should change that at all. But normal isn’t the world I’d use to describe it.

If you have a problem with being fair skinned, get a therapist. I hear they’re great.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – July 28, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8 – Bunheads final dance number had sasha, but who were the other two dancers? They looked older than the young dancers on the show. The number looked pretty interesting and the music was ?!?!?

Comment by tvfan – July 27, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Todd and BLAIR must return to daytime…..nothing “fell short” of anything during her brief stint.

Comment by ♡Kim♡ (@realtoddmanning) – July 27, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Todd and Blair are exactly what GH needs. They have some of the most off the charts chemistry in daytime television – and have since 1994. Yes, I hoped that Blair would accept Todd’s proposal and stick around long-term, but unfortunately it is pretty well known that Kassie DePaiva has not been signed to a GH contract as her counterparts have. It’s a real shame. And a missed opportunity. Especially since One Life To Live was cancelled and fans have been waiting for almost a decade for these two characters to reunite.

Comment by Cathy – July 27, 2012 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Todd and Blair. But I am tired of Blair just visiting. I wish she were there every day.

Comment by Kahlee – July 28, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Todd and Blair are what GH needs to keep me watching. They are so amazing, have so much chemisty and history together, they are my favorite thing on television. We have been waiting so long for them to have an amazing storyline together, that is ALL i want to see. Also, I love Burn Notice, such a good cast/show.

Comment by Stephany – July 27, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #7. Slezak, this has you written all over it.

Comment by YowzaPowza – July 27, 2012 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 5 – That was so gross that I screamed outloud! My husband came running down the stairs and about broke his neck trying to check it out.

Comment by GeoDiva – July 27, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. I missed that 5 minutes. :-(
    Ewen is being blackmailed. Duh.
    But I did read a spoiler that a popular villian thought to be dead is coming back to GH. And it’s a he. So it’s safe to assume that Franco is blackmailing Ewen.

3. LOL.

Comment by nick1372 – July 27, 2012 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I suspected Ewen was… evil… when he was dealing with Helena’s daughter… I think maybe he his Ceasar Faison’s son?

Comment by tvnewsplus – July 28, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, who’s Ceasar Faison?

Comment by nick1372 – July 29, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a die-hard TnB fan from Day 1 of their meeting on OLTL. And, GH needs to sign KDP to a contract ASAP! GH needs TnB in a BIG WAY!!! Btw, Todd’s proposal really surprised me and I did not think anything could shock me w/Todd&Blair anymore. She should have said yes, but we all knew it was not going to be that easy. Never is!

Comment by TrustNo1 – July 27, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Todd proposing so soon to Blair is what Todd always do. After the Fly High proposal and admitting to David Vickers their scheme Todd asked Blair to get married right away so off they went to see Rev.Carpenter. After Todd help Blair cover up Max’s shooting he jetted her off to DR for a quick divorce and wedding. After coming back from Mexico he proposed and after stopping her from leaving the country he planned and had waiting for her a wedding at Laboulair. Finally after “saving her life” from the mob the next day he proposed and had Rev. Carpenter come over to marry them. So, am I surprised by the proposal, hell no. Todd Manning has always wanted to be back with and married to his OTB.

Now in answering question #1, I’ve been hoping for “a decade” not just “a second” that TnB would get back together. Just Sayin.

Comment by CeeCee – July 28, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 18 – This was a pretty weak Burn Notice episode overall. I did however enjoy the subplot with Sam and the money launderer. It was a good reminder that Michael isn’t the only one on the team with world class (and deadly) improvisational skills.

Killing Nate in order to introduce the new “big bad” didn’t really work for me. Especially, since Nate seemed less mature/competent in this episode than he has been in previous episodes/seasons. Even Stevie Wonder could see that Nate was not going to make it to the end of this episode.

The way they chose to get Fiona out of prison was just silly. Yes, I know that Burn Notice, for the most part, is silly, but this subplot was even sillier than normal.

I think it might be time to put Burn Notice out of its misery. It has had a good run, but it looks like it’s just running on fumes now. Hopefully, they will get one more season to wrap everything up.

Comment by Tim – July 27, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 7. Storm the FOX studios, don’t know. Send tons of complaints? Probably. If you’re getting rid of two of the judges, might as well just make a clean sweep and start anew altogether.
    21. Gee, ya think? Ugh. That family needs to just go back to Alaska and quit bugging everyone else.

Comment by Angela – July 27, 2012 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlotte Sullivan looks absolutely… I can’t think of the right word, but it’s almost inhuman. She’s stunning, of course, but seeing her in Rookie Blue, all I can think of is that she’d make a much, much more perfect Rosalie Hale, better than Nikki Reed could ever have been. And she wouldn’t even need make up!

Comment by Barbie Furtado – July 27, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You missed one. I know it’s a new show, but how annoying was the first episode of Sullivan & Son with the towel over the shoulder continuity error? It didn’t just happen once, the entire scene was screwed up over it. One minute there is a towel on his shoulder, then the next not, then the next cut there it is again and so on. It went back and forth from being there then not being there with every cut in the scene. Petty yes, but damn they couldn’t catch that glaring problem before it went to air? Oh and the show sucked anyway.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – July 27, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pls unite Todd and Blair and give us fans the happiness of seeing them onscreen together and fighting to be together. Todd has never given up on her and he should fight for her even harder now. How is it that we TnB fans have had to wait almost 10 yrs to watch them come together and then be pulled apart so quickly. Do not miss this time GH and bring KDP back to Todd ASAP.

Comment by debbiebha – July 27, 2012 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t get the Bunheads dance at the end. I mean she is a very talented dancer but who were the other 2 girls? What did that have to do with the plot of that episode? Was it an audition or a recital? It looked like it was just tacked it on at the end to take up time.

Comment by Joanna – July 28, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly! I mean, was it just Sasha expressing herself and blowing off steam or was it for something else? Just completely random and unrelated. Not that it was bad; just out of place.

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – July 29, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am excited to see Todd and Blair together again. That kiss was incredible. Blair needs to be there all the time. I am tired of triangles. Could Todd and Blair please work together to bring Johnny down for killing their grandaughter.

Comment by Kahlee – July 28, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Todd and Blair separately are awesome, but together they are sublime. T&B could really tear up General Hospital as a reunited power couple and generate tons of story.

Comment by Lou – July 28, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RE Raw 1000 – Stone Cold is recovering from knee surgery, that’s why he wasn’t there.
    Not like you lot to be behind with the facts.

Comment by Brian (@TheFifthDoctor) – July 28, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely could go for more Todd “Dark Prince” Manning and Blair “She-Wolf” Cramer on General Hospital.

Comment by Ed – July 28, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that dance at the end of bunheads was kind of strange and came out of nowhere very random, but i loved it, Charlotte Sullivan is stunning, Nate’s death was not shocking but was very well done and tragic, Sharon Gless great acting, should get an emmy nomination next year for burn notice, and yes those insect things in falling skies very disturbing and creepy.

Comment by adam – July 28, 2012 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 12 | How romantic and clever was Auggie’s pearl-engagement-ring-in-an-oyster proposal on Covert Affairs? Did he out-woo Neal “NYC Sandcastles” Caffrey? — Well it was just as romantic when Eddie proposed to Tamra that way well over a month ago on The Real Housewives of Orange County. #FAIL

Comment by Brendan – July 29, 2012 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is not normal about Charlotte’s skin? Just because she is not brown or black that makes her abnormal? Please explain! If someone said someone looks abnormal because they are orange, brown or black there would be an uproar. Yet it is okay to say hateful comments about fair skinned people according to Ms. Barbara.

Comment by Heathers – July 29, 2012 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8) are you sure those were tater tots? Melanie chewed them for far too long for them to be tater tots. They seemed too chewy, like bread dough or something. Unless she was taking in the taste?

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – July 29, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. I’ve never really seen Blair and Todd interact before, but I must say that I already like them together. You can really see that they deeply love and respect one another.
    8. The dance at the end was incredibly random, if only because of song choice. Maybe it was Sasha trying to give a middle finger to that summer camp auditon, but to me it just felt like they were trying too hard to be quirky. I also didn’t think they were tater tots at all. I actually assumed it was something like fried calamari since she was chewing for so long.
    19. I’ve never watched Rookie Blue, but I always thought Yvonne Strahovski on Chuck was fairly porcelain-skinned and stunning. I also thought of Melissa George but that goes back a few years.

Comment by em – July 29, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regarding question 11: Left-handed guy playing squash with his right hand….my ex-husband is left-handed, but plays golf as a rightie. His father made him learn that way because it is hard to get golf clubs for lefties, and they are expensive. There are actually web sites about playing squash against a leftie… I have a feeling that most people are taught to play with their right hand.

Comment by E – July 30, 2012 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post