What Is Dallas' Big Secret? Will WWE Stars Say 'I Do'? Did Glee Project Provoke? And More Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, here are some queries we’re going to lob at you, from shows including Political Animals, RAW, Fringe, Bunheads and Runway!

1 | If we never again see Political Animals‘ Elaine Barrish boogeying with Garcetti at a rally, it’ll still be too soon, won’t it?

2 | What do you think Breaking Bad‘s Future Walt needs that big ol’ machine gun for?

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Supernatural, Once, White Collar, Leverage and More!

3 | Can we put a moratorium on the use of Coldplay’s “Fix You” to telegraph moments of great meaning — such as when the Newsroom gang reported on Gabrielle Giffords’ shooting?

4 | Which shedding of tears at Fringe‘s Comic-Con panel wrecked you more: The Anna Torv/Jasika Nicole sobfest, or Lance Reddick’s? (Click links to watch video.)

5 | Was there ever really any doubt about who the Food Network Star judges would pick to make pilots – “surprise” Martie twist included? Also, you voted for Justin, right?

6 | Shouldn’t someone as “cultured” as Real Housewives of New York’s Sonja Morgan know that bidet is pronounced “buh-DAY” and not “BEE-day”?

7 | Dear WWE: Now that you’ve “engaged” Daniel Bryan and AJ Lee and they’re set to exchange vows in Raw‘s Episode 1000 next Monday, will we get a signature (trainwreck) wedding, or are we being set up for a heartbreaking fake-out? (We’re crossing our fingers for the former — come on, instead of “I do,” they could say, “Yes! Yes! Yes!”)

Bunheads8 | Seeing as how Boo is the most interesting Bunheads ballerina, can Amy Sherman-Palladino refocus the teen half of the ABC Family drama so it follows only her? Speaking of the self-conscious hoofer, was she actually thinking of serving lunch to her customers after her Dumpster jump was done? (Pass the Purell!) And why are those horrendous mom jeans part of her work uniform?!

9 | When and where can we buy Glee Project Nellie’s album? And did vocal coach Nikki Anders really think she wouldn’t upset Abraham by asking him if he considered himself an androgynous performer? (It’s one thing to slap that label on Bowie or Jagger, but quite another for a slightly effete twentysomething who identifies himself as straight and is just dipping his toe into the world of reality television. Plus, while in an ideal world, “androgynous” would be just another adjective, it’s unfortunately still a loaded and negative word in many circles.)

10 | Were you bummed as we were that White Collar‘s Neal and Mozzie didn’t get to use their “empty safe” painting/mirror trick? Guess we’ll have to rewatch this instead.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Bones, Big Bang, Walking Dead, Supernatural and More!

NY Med11 | Did NY Med go out of their way to find the most telegenic caregivers in New York? Between the trio of beautiful nurses — Diana, Katie and Marina — and Dr. Ben van Boxel, who looks like a mix of Zach Gilford and Bones squint Wendall, consider our pulses racing!

12 | We love Covert Affairs‘ Auggie as much as the next person, but isn’t Coupling vet Richard Coyle unexpectedly sexy as Simon?

13 | TV’s most underrated, underwatched storyline: The L.A. Complex‘s Tariq and Kal?

14 | On Dallas, shouldn’t Marta’s lifeless body have been swarmed by frantic hotel staff? (P.S. to John Ross c/o Political Animals: Never call a bitch a bitch; them bitches don’t like that.) And how well-mannered is Rebecca? First, she gives a dainty gift basket to Elena — whose wedded bliss she years ago derailed in the name of a long con — and then she apologizes for hurling in her powder room. Emily Post would be proud. Lastly, could Ann’s big secret be the wild “plastic surgery” theory that’s been making rounds? Or is it just some long-lost kid thing?

15 | Given Alexa’s Week 1 exit on So You Think You Can Dance — and following Ryan’s fairly early ouster in Season 8 — is it foolish to think Nigel Lythgoe might finally realize that giving a trumped-up, tear-streaked backstory to a pretty blonde contestant is not the way to carry her all the way to the finale?

RELATED | Emmy Nominations 2012: American Horror Story, Mad Men and Modern Family Lead the Pack

16 | While it was nice to see Emmy shake up the list of reality-competition nominees by adding NBC’s The Voice to the mix, did anyone else find it a little daft that American Idol — which is coming off a juicy, talent-filled Season 11 — got omitted, while Project Runway  — coming off a rushed, slapdash Season 9 — got love? Plus, now the whole Idol vs. The Voice showdown is a non-starter!

17 | Did any One Life to Live General Hospital viewers actually buy Blair’s claim that she made herself up so “gorgeous,” as Todd himself put it, just for Starr’s concert thingy? Also, who else is ready for Heather Webber’s reign of terror to end — and for her obtuse son Steve to open his (increasingly tan) eyes?!

18 | Wouldn’t it have been smarter for the producers of Duets to build toward a Kelly Clarkson-Jennifer Nettles performance toward the end of the season finale, rather than putting it at the top of the hour and making everything that followed feel anticlimactic?

19 | Was anyone else confused by Project Runway‘s in medias res opening at the top of this week’s season premiere? Was it really necessary?

Comments (35)

• 1, 3, 12 = AMEN.

Comment by Mo – July 20, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm. 1) Travis Wall nailed ‘Fix You’ so hard, it ruined the song for any other use beyond Coldpaly. 2) Fringe is the best… and the Emmy’s are shown to be utterly irrelevant and farcical in it’s bright light. 3) Boo rocks. 4) Nellie has the best voice I’ve heard in ages, and she has a locked down sale right here. 5) Richard Colyle has constantly been underrated, and if there is any sense in the universe, he should be the next Dr. Who. 6) The Tariq and Kal storyline is just too hard to watch (subject matter). 7) Alexa? Who cares. It was a crime to boot Aussie Daniel Baker – one of the three best guys on the whole show (it was an embarrasingly bad choice on the judges part). 8) The Emmys are irrelevant to anyone with a lick of sense. 9) The Kelly Clarkson-Jennifer Nettles duet was the only watchable moment of the entire (dreadful) series.

Comment by Temperence – July 20, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m wondering: Is it possible the baby in that picture that burned could have been Rebecca, therefore making Ann her mother?

Comment by KSiteTV – July 20, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I’ve thought for several weeks now…since Rebecca and Ann’s lunch.

Comment by brody – July 20, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still think that Tommy & Rebecca are going to be revealed to be Bobby & Betsy (Val & Gary’s twins).

Comment by Morgen – July 21, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Afton Cooper is Rebecca’s mother, and Cliff is her father. I think the baby in Ann’s arms that burned in the fireplace is Christopher. I’ve been saying and posting since before the first episode that Ann is Pam. I also think Christopher is going to turn out to be J.R.’s son, after all. (There was no DNA back when they did Christopher’s paternity was questioned.)

Comment by TV Gord – July 20, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the picture that burned in the fireplace definitely showed a girl child…not a boy.

Comment by brody – July 20, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, that definitely looked like a girl.

Comment by dude – July 21, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I remember that right before Pam crashed into the oil truck, she was on the phone with Bobby telling him she was pregnant. (that’s why she crashed in the first place). I think Rebecca is Pam’s baby. Sure it’s impossible that a baby could survive that crash but Pam lived so in a soap opera so could the baby. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cliff hanger is Victoria Principal showing up in the last shot.

Comment by Larry – July 20, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, wow! That would be so cool if Pam showed up!!! I hope you’re right!!!

Comment by Chloe – July 20, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve always believed that Christopher is JR’s son. (Kinda ticked that JR seems to forget he has 2 other sons besides John Ross)
      I’m thinking that the Ann/Rebecca connexion is being hinted at with that picture.

Comment by Kvivik – July 20, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Next Food Network star sounds so rehearsed, it’s barely a reality show anymore. How “coincidental” that each of the three mentors had two contestants left at the end? Couldn’t it have been a little less even so it didn’t look so planned out? And why is it that each time a contestant makes a video presentation, he messes up the first two, but does great on the third? Time for Bob Tuschman to leave his post as a judge. This year it hasn’t been as blatant as in previous seasons, but he always has a clear favorite that you know is gonna win no matter how well the other contestants do.

Comment by Jon – July 20, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It does seem a bit contrived, no? It’s interesting that Alton had both of his contestants make pilots. I have been thinking, since even before the competition aired and the new format was announced, that somebody from Alton’s team would win. Automatically knew that his chosen contestants would be the most interesting. Totally voted for Justin!!!! :P

Comment by ninamags – July 21, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 15. We can only hope. Unfortunately, I don’t think Nigel and co are that tuned in. They probably just think the audience is “jealous” or something (jealous of not being a pretty but bland blonde?)

Comment by Emma – July 20, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bidet is french and in french it sounds closer to BEE-Day then Buh-day as i is pronounced E

Comment by M! – July 20, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2- My guess is he needs it to kill Jesse.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – July 20, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8. Boo is definitely the most interesting of the teenagers. Honestly I can’t remember two of the girls’ names. That said, I thought this week’s episode was the best one so far. The series is definitely improving. I hope they give the two guys from Boo’s job a larger role. I can see the annoying kid who made her jump in the trash can as the next Doyle. He definitely understood how to recite Palladino type dialogue. And here’s to hoping that the cute guy is a love interest for Boo and not Sasha.

Comment by AT – July 20, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 12. Richard Coyle is definitely a welcome addition to the Covert Affairs cast. Good chemistry with Piper, too.
    17. I don’t really listen to anything coming out of Steve’s mouth anymore (even less than before). After all this time, I don’t mind the Heather being psycho plot as much as I mind everyone being oblivious to what she’s doing.

Comment by em – July 20, 2012 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 11. YES!! I was wracking my brain to figure out who Dr. van Boxel looked like & it’s totally Wendall!! I really like the show, I hope we get to see a bit more of the doctors outside of work, that’s a big part of what made Boston Med so great to watch in 2010.

Comment by Maggie – July 20, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ann is NOT Pam! Come on! I know this is a soap, but that would be completely ridiculous! Bobby would know. Plus, Pam came back in the final season of the original show played by another actress and explained she had major reconstructive surgery after the accident and only had a year or so to live. Even if she miraculously recovered and divorced or outlived her doctor-husband and then returned to Bobby after all those years (after marrying and divorcing Ryland too), he would know her “new face.”

Comment by Dallas Fan – July 20, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I checked the interwebz and survey says Bee-Day, as it is a French word. That and foyer being pronounced Foy-yae, not For-yer.

Comment by kateebee – July 20, 2012 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for mentioning The LA Complex. More people need to watch that show…I would really hate for it to be canceled after this season wraps up. It’s just so good and juicy!

The first episode from season 2 was so sad! Can’t wait for the next episode.

Comment by Katie – July 20, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dunno what Walt needs that machine gun for, but I am going to assume that Gus and the lack of his identity as Gus even existing past 5 or so years ago will not bode well for Walt. He reported to someone and that someone is going to come and even the score. If not that, maybe it will be another cartel since they killed the other big cartel boss. I don’t think it will be as big as people think though. That is probably part of this season’s finale and not next, at least I hope. Hopefully his family is not dead, but he does appear to be on the run. The reason I thought maybe a cartel is because Jim Beaver’s character made him promise not to take the gun over the border.

Comment by Heisenberg (AJ) – July 20, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 12. I was (and am) SO excited about him being on the show. Loved him on Coupling and have been waiting for him to pop up on my TV again!

Comment by Kristina – July 20, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 7)YES YES YES I hope ma boy D Bry goes through with it!!! You gotta love crazy chicks after all!

Comment by Jose Torres – July 20, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you’re pronouncing it the french way, then BEE-day is acutally correct and duh-day is false.

Comment by Carrie – July 20, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s really weird that one of the only two questions I actually can answer is #17 :-D

3. The use of “Fix You” really had little to do with the scene. Other than that, it was the best Newsroom yet!

17. Blair always looks obnoxiously pretty.
    I missed most of this week so maybe I’m not as tired of Heather Webber, so they should keep her around for a little while after she’s discovered.

Comment by nick1372 – July 20, 2012 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 3. I love “Fix You”, it’s a beautiful song. But agreed, it has become a very cliche song choice for TV. And on that note, the show using the Giffords shooting the way they did…that didn’t really sit right with me. It seemed very exploitative.
    6. I don’t watch “Real Housewives”, nor would I consider myself all that “cultured”, but hell, I know that’s not how you pronounce that word! So yeah, if I can figure that out, she surely could.
    16. Eh, I’m not really surprised “Idol” got omitted. I wasn’t really invested in this past season myself, and I think the show needs a big change up or something. It’s kinda dragged for me in the last couple years, and the buzz and ratings weren’t as big as the sort for other reality shows. Not that that stuff alone indicates Emmy worthiness, but in the Emmy voters’ eyes, I’m sure it probably factors in.

Comment by Angela – July 20, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is it exploitive? They simply showed that many news organizations got the story wrong. I really don’t see how using that tragedy is any different from how they used the BP oil spill. Some people are overly-sensitive I guess.

Comment by dude – July 21, 2012 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WWE fans on TVLine staff? Did not see that one coming.

Comment by Mike – July 20, 2012 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #4: Fringe: Astrid love fest… I was there (and got my nifty fedora).. I say Anna started it all.. But Lance got me chocked up. I’m not sure there was a dry eye in the room after Lance lost it. Especially as he spoke about the final scene with Jasika coming home to her “dad.” he almost couldn’t say it.

Comment by Dark Defender – July 21, 2012 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Choked not chocked. ;)

Comment by Dark Defender – July 21, 2012 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1: ABSOLUTELY! Worst part of the episode by far!
    3: Normally, I’d say yes but that was just expertly used. An amazing montage.
    9: Yes on all accounts. I need Nellie’s album ASAP and I’m really surprised Nikki saw nothing wrong with asking him that. It almost seemed like she was trying to out him or something. However, he never really said he was straight.
    13: Most underrated show on television. ADDICTED!
    14: I’m starting to believe she’s Rebecca’s mother.

Comment by dude – July 21, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They just need to bring Pam back on Dallas. Recast or Victoria, she would be an awesome addition

Comment by Scott – July 21, 2012 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I, for one, am LOVING Heather Webber’s reign of terror on GH. To see an 80s character brought back in front burner status and one of daytime’s most famous troublemakers back in action – not to mention a sixtysomething vet like Robin Mattson stealing airtime from that horribly dull Maurice Bernard and his homoerotic and equally dull sidekick Steve Burton and that despicable mafia storyline that strangled GH to death for the last decade – is heaven sent for this GH viewer. I’m just hoping that Heather has not been in control of her actions (tied to this new mind control storyline at Ferncliff that is supposed to be unraveling soon) and she has been programmed to kill by the evil powers-that-be. Then set a “cured” Heather Webber up as Port Charles residential troublemaker making all sorts of domestic trouble for its citizens. This woman is far more scarier – and entertaining – than Sonny Corinthos ever was.

Comment by tony – July 27, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post