Emmys

Emmy Nominations 2012: My Snappy Judgments

Get More: Commentary, Emmys

Emmy Nominations 2012The 2012 Emmy nominations were, as per usual, a mixed bag. For every inspired nod (congrats, Max Greenfield!) there was one that had me scratching the skin off my scalp (Kathy Bates over Katey Sagal?!). So without further adieu, I give you the good, the bad and the downright ugly from this year’s list.

RELATED | Emmy Nominations — the Complete List

I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* Nods for Downton Abbey‘s Michelle Dockery and Joanne Froggart
* Don Cheadle sneaking in for House of Lies.
* All of the Homeland love.
* The best comedy nominations for Girls and leading lady Lena Dunham.
* New Girl scene-stealer Max Greenfield makes the supporting actor in a comedy cut.
* Finally, Breaking Bad‘s lone female, Anna Gunn, gets some love.
* Mayim Bialik becoming the first Big Bang Theory female to score a nod.
* All the nods for Sherlock, including best movie/miniseries and stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.
* Jason Ritter making the guest actor in a drama series cut for Parenthood.
* The long-overlooked Merritt Wever from Nurse Jackie being recognized.

PHOTOS | Emmy Shock — The 37 Biggest Snubs

I’m Rolling My Eyes About:
* Kathy Bates getting recognized for the now-cancelled Harry’s Law over Sons of Anarchy‘s Katey Sagal.
* Jon Cryer getting nominated for Two and a Half Men over Community‘s Joel McHale.

RELATED | Emmy Nominees React — Who Said What?

I’m Super-Pissed About:
* The Good Wife getting shut out of the drama series category for the first time. And where the hell is Carrie Preston in the guest category?!
* Emmy flunking Community (save for one writing nod).
* No love for Cougar Town. Ditto Happy Endings.
* Parks and Recreation
failing to score a best comedy nod.
* The absence of Fringe‘s John Noble.
Southland getting bubkes.
Sons of Anarchy’s Katey Sagal getting screwed.
 Again. Ditto her criminally underrated co-stars Charlie Hunnam and Maggie Siff.
* No major nods for The Walking Dead. Ditto Justified.

Okay, that’s my two cents’ worth. Now it’s your turn. Post your own snappy judgments below. And click here to view a list of all the major nominees.

Tags:

Comments (316)

• The panel should be ashamed for leaving out Katey Segal AGAIN

Comment by Jamie – July 19, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Maggie Siff being snubbed too! She had some of her best acting last season!

Comment by alr – July 19, 2012 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!!!! She is amazing and needs to be reconized for that!

Comment by Shazha – July 19, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I want to know the people that decide who gets nominated and who wins. I can’t help but feel that the ACADEMY has personal issues with Son of Anarchy and this is why ,It’s their 5th season and have never been nominated. Bottom line Kurt let his feelings be known when asked how he felt being over looked and snubbed a few years ago. Being so passionate about his work he wasn’t too nice in his reply. He is a brilliant writer and he pays great attention to detail when it comes to the music he puts on SOA. When it comes to big budget films we may know of a few directors but in the world of TV Kurt Sutter is The Man a Rock Star Writer /Director/Actor that the fans have grown to love him as much as his creation,SOA. My point in writing this is Katey Segal, Charlie Hunamm,and Maggie Siff deserves to be recognized !!! Shame on the Academy

Comment by Tracy – September 23, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree. One of TV’s top performers of the past 4 years. She shines in every season of Sons. Super sad about her constant snubs.

Comment by Carmen – July 19, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Emmy Rossum is a huge snub as well.

Comment by pria – July 19, 2012 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to mention Ryan Hurst! Opie was one of the most compelling characters this past season!

Comment by Vikki – July 19, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Michael Ausiello should be ashamed for misspelling “ado.”

Comment by CJ – July 19, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Also, I think Anna from Downton Abbey’s last name is “Froggatt”.

Comment by aleksa – July 19, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yep, you’re right.

Comment by Elizabeth – July 19, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Charlie Hunnam! He owned Season 4 of Sons Of Anrchy and was spectacular all season, but especially the last 5 episodes, he was phenomenal!

Comment by LonePalm – July 19, 2012 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Correct me if i’m wrong but i don’t think she was ever nominated for Married With Children or has been for Futurama.
      Which complete sucks & in fact brings it to a whole new level of suck.

Comment by Keenan – July 19, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t know if there is but there should be a seperate category for voice acting. There are enough animated series on TV (most are comedies or kids shows). The cast of Futurama definitely deserve nomnations.

Comment by Snsetblaze – July 19, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Didn’t she win a Golden Globe for Sons but they had put her so far in the back that it took her forever to get to the stage? Or did I dream that?

Comment by Faze Craze – July 20, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That is true. She is a class act. Beautiful!!!

Comment by Tracy – September 23, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She was nominated for Married with Children .

Comment by Tracy – September 23, 2012 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sons is by far one of the bet shows on tv almost every person on the show should be nominated and also the walking dead great show the actors are all very good // the panel is all f*#ked up

Comment by matthew – July 19, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am with you100%. There is no better show than SOA out there. Anna Gunn getting nominated over Katey Sagel, all she dos is whine on Breaking Bad. Katey is a true actor. Not going to waste my time anymore watching the Emmy’s. also can’ believe The Walking Dead was snubbed. Totally sucks.

Comment by Sandra – September 24, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And for including Hugh Bonneville in the Best Actor Drama category at the expense of the excellent Timothy Olyphant and Hugh Laurie. What a bunch of bull-o-ney.

Comment by dolphinlights – July 19, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awards are stupid…but they’d be less stupid if they went to the right people.-Ron Swanson, who’s portrayor was snubbed yet again.

Comment by Ava – July 19, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Most appropriate post award!

Comment by Allison Weaver (@SpiffyPop) – July 19, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS. Nick Offerman is such a good actor! I would have taken him over the thousands of Modern family nominations. And Adam Scott too! He is a great Ben!

Comment by Ale – July 19, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The lack of nominations for John Noble and Anna Torv is tragic.

Comment by Jack Stick (@JackStick24) – July 19, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Especially since we’re looking at a final shortened season. No way they’ll get nominated for the upcoming season in next year’s selection. So sad. It’s my favourite drama.

Comment by Chiana – July 19, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Since it is a shortened season, perhaps they can enter the mini-series category? Maybe that will get them some Emmy love.

Comment by Sophie – July 23, 2012 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I honestly don’t get why John Noble has been snubbed every single season. Has he done something to the Academy, or whatever?

Comment by Delirious – July 19, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because of the genre the show is in – science fiction/fantasy and horror are pretty much ignored by the emmys. Game of Thrones seems to be the exception. And from what I saw, only Peter Dinklage again got a nomination. It is criminal that the kid playing Joffrey and the one playing Arya were not nominated (as well as Lena Hedley and Charles Dance in his smaller role). (As an aside, perhaps a seperate category for children should be added. Many child actors today are actually quite good (on TV at least). Unless the children are cast in a kids show or on a children’s network, they are not as annoying and cloying as they used to be).

Comment by Snsetblaze – July 19, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed on needing new category for under-18 actors. Arya Stark, the Joffrey kid (actually I don’t know if he’s a “child” irl), Sally Draper, and if the younger Weeds kid is under 18, all deserve noms.

Comment by Abigail De Kosnik (@De_Kosnik) – July 19, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think adding a category for 18 and younger isn’t a bad idea. The kid actors on Modern Family are really good and are constantly ignored.

Comment by Mary – July 19, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because he’s the most annoying actor in the history of thespian activities. He overacts and overacts and overacts to the point that he makes Fringe practically unwatchable. Fringe was ruined by bad casting: other than John Noble, Anna Torv is also a big problem. She obviously graduated from the Sandy Dennis School of Acting: all facial twitches and mannerisms.

Comment by richard – February 28, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ugh the comedy series category leaving out parks and rec, what a joke

Comment by Sam – July 19, 2012 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t even.

Comment by Atoz – July 19, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely and Nick Offerman,- insane

Comment by Sharyn L – July 19, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The emmy’s only make me mad!!! Parks&Rec is only the beginning! Ron Swanson is just too awesome for them!

Comment by Jenny – July 19, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This year’s Emmys have absolutely no credibility, simply because of this.

Comment by Laura E. – July 19, 2012 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to mention their ignoring white hot PERSON OF INTEREST – entire cast, writing, production.
      They only won the People’s Choice Award this year for Best New Drama… Wow.
      (Probably why they have the People’s Choice Awards)!

Comment by Suncatcher – July 19, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Didn’t even think of this show as I was reading the list. I knew I was missing something and this show is it. I LOVE this show. It is so good and even though I feel like an elderly person every time I sit down to watch it – something about watching an hour-long drama on CBS, I guess – I enjoy the heck out of it each and every time. Plus, it’s getting good ratings. I’m going to start my campaign for it for next year’s Emmy’s right now. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment by malarson2 – July 19, 2012 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed! Person of Interest is #1 new drama. Some of us like to sit down with our families and watch shows that are not all about sex. Jim Caviezel is amazing.

Comment by van – September 24, 2012 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. So ridiculous!

Comment by Olive – July 20, 2012 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy that Girls and Veep were nominated!!! And i’m really glad that Glee wasn’t… I’m a fan of the show but the last season was terrible. The cast in Modern Family is great, but nominations for everyone? I think other actress/actors in other shows deserved better.

Comment by Juliana – July 19, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Modern Family is a wonderful show, but they always get such excessive nominations that it’s almost hard to like it anymore. Should’ve narrowed it to just Eric Stonestreet for the guys, in my opinion, opening up the roster to Nick Offerman and others.

Comment by Allison Weaver (@SpiffyPop) – July 19, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh – yes! Modern Family (while a hilarious show) shouldn’t get a nod for every actor/actress. Leave some room for other peeps!

Comment by rachelleet – July 19, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cumberbatch got the nod for best actor in a mini series or movie. I’m happy. #SherlockFTW

Comment by Gerald – July 19, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hope he doesn’t get SHERLOCKED, as we now say WAAAAY too often in my family for everything from getting tricked by someone to being proven right in an argument.

Comment by malarson2 – July 19, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Castle? They should stop snubbing some of the best shows on TV!

Comment by SNL – July 19, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nicely said! It’s borderline ridiculous.

Comment by Kendal Walworth (@Kendal_) – July 19, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I adore Castle, but don’t feel that it’s award-worthy.

Comment by kat – July 19, 2012 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Stana Katic was pretty amazing in Kill Shot, the PTSD episode, among others. Castle will never get any love because it’s a dramedy. And with so many great cable shows that have more creative freedom than network shows, most of the network shows aren’t going to stand a chance anymore. I kind of wish there was separate categories for the networks and the cable channels. There’s good network TV that gets overlooked, IMO.

Comment by Katherine215 – July 19, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It is not because it’s a dramedy. If you’re going to go there, then Justified could be considered a dramedy, and it’s dryly funnier, more serious, and more compelling than Castle is. Dexter has its fair share of funny too. Castle will never be nominated because it’s a typical procedural with very well-cast leads. Anyway, if network and cable were separated, there would be no reason for networks to step up their game. It’s basic demand and supply, if awards were the only thing they focus on (it’s not).

Comment by Emily – July 19, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Parks & Recreation snubs are getting absolutely ridiculous now. And we all know Amy Poehler won’t win because for some reason they’re scared to hand her her much-deserved and long-over due Emmy.

Only watch one show in the comedy category (said show been Modern Family) and it’s so overrated these days I’d rather see another show take it.

Sad Glee didn’t receive nominations but that was a long shot considering no one considers it a comedy any more.

Comment by Kendal Walworth (@Kendal_) – July 19, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ahahah no good wife? wtf

Comment by luke – July 19, 2012 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WTF, indeed. Complete bullsh*t, how did they mess that up…
      And where’s the Southland and Justified love?? Plus Emmy Rossum was robbed of her nom.

Comment by Saint Alicia – July 19, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! Complete bullsh*t.

Comment by Olive – July 20, 2012 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing really for Justified.. is just wrong!

Comment by Nicole – July 19, 2012 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN! MY EXACT THOUGHT!!!

Comment by amy – July 19, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m really shocked that Justified is missing!!! How is this possible??

Comment by farleyc – July 19, 2012 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here, here! I’m here to shout. This Emmy broadcast has lost all credibility.

Comment by dolphinlights – July 19, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It lost credibility years ago.

Comment by Snsetblaze – July 19, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right? Total snub.

Comment by Rick – July 19, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, Justified has great writing and great acting!

Comment by Lovemyshows – July 19, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Son’s, Happy Endings, or Community. I just cant….

Comment by AC – July 19, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Especially Damon Waynas Jnr and Casey Wilson who were recognised by the Critics Choice Awards!!!! Happy Endings deserved some love, instead of nominating the entire Modern Family cast who are funny but not the best on TV!

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – July 19, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you!! I agree so much. I love Modern Family. I think the cast is great, but seriously?!?! EVERY SINGLE PERSON!!! Geez!! I love Damon Wayans and Casey and Eliza. Heck even Elisha was the MVP this year. I just knew though that Happy Endings wouldn’t get any love because it’s different and heaven forbid we take a chance on something different…

Comment by HappyEndingsGeek – July 19, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t they split awards for network and cable shows? All the best drama nods went to cable shows. I think it’s time they spread the love a bit to network shows. I know it would mean the ceremony dragging on even longer than it does already but at least some of the network stars would get some love. Don’t get me wrong because I love Downton Abbey but Hugh Bonneville being nominated as best supporting actor over John Noble is a travesty.

Comment by Alison – July 19, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The network dramas largely cannot keep up. There are a few greats, of course – Noble being chief among them – but most of the writing is not as good on network.

Comment by Cokes – July 19, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How did Nick Offerman get screwed again? How? At least John Noble is in a superb field – Supporting Actor in a Drama is always a deep deep race, but Modern Family’s third season does not deserve four nominations.

Comment by Cokes – July 19, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amen! How does Nick Offerman get no recognition but Jon Cryer gets a nom!?! I know, I know, different category, but seriously? Also, thrilled about Max Greenfield, but no Joel McHale? No Danny Pudi? No Adam Scott? Boooo!

Comment by Astrat911 – July 19, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Noble got robbed like it was money transfer day at Bank of America. Also surprised at no nod for Dan Stevens, but the Noble snub (and also Kathy Bates; REALLY?!) is something I just cannot comprehend.

Comment by Elizabeth – July 19, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know what more John Noble can do. His lack of a nomination is egregious. And I really enjoyed Kathy Bates, even if sometimes the story lines of “Harry’s Law” were silly and not based in legal reality.

Comment by Gwen – July 19, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there a reason Jon Cryer keeps getting nominated for an Emmy for Two and a half men? I mean listen, I loved him as Ducky and in some other minor roles in movies, but this show is abominable and it’s past its prime.

You’ve got to wonder who he’s paying off to keep getting nominated for that crap. Or is this a pity nomination?

Comment by charlinye70 – July 19, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah, jon cryer and his pathetic tv whining gets nominated but jake johnson and his hilarious monologues gets snubbed. then comes robotic mayim bialik and there’s no trace of the amazing eliza coupe. jim parsons is always fantastic, even if the humor of his show is going to the dogs, but there’s no sign of the intelligently funny happy endings? wow. so baffled this year with the nominees. smh.

Comment by jessie higH20 – July 19, 2012 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • JAKE JOHNSON SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED FOR NEW GIRL TOO!!!!!

Comment by sally – July 19, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Jake Johnson catching his tears in a mason jar. I’m still laughing. His comedy chops have grown immensely in the evolution of New Girl.

Comment by Jen L. – July 19, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • hahaha I forgot about that. I just keep thinking about him folding the sweater before wading into the koi pond

Comment by Emily – July 19, 2012 09:47 AM PDT
  • Aren’t you mad that Parks and Recreation didn’t even get a comedy nod for a STELLAR season?

BECAUSE I AM.

Comment by Harry – July 19, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Jon Bernthal for Walking Dead? Shame on the Emmys!

Comment by LEAH – July 19, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pissed about New Girl not getting a nod but Girls did? ummmm, what exactly is funny on that show? I could barely watch 2 episodes.

Comment by tali – July 19, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was the same, these girls are meant to be playing my age group and I can officially say that if I knew them girls I would have to hit them, all the characters were so unlikeable!

Comment by Kate McKenna (@Katemadeleine) – July 19, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, characters don’t have to be likable to be well-written or interesting. No one in Sons of Anarchy is particularly likable… (I’m not comparing the two, just that likable and compelling are different.)

Comment by BriticanNugget – July 19, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree!

Comment by bobbie – July 19, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana Katic in kill shot desevers a nom…. so do some people in greys……..

Comment by Mari – July 19, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Hugh Laurie, such a joke.

Comment by Ray – July 19, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RIDICULOUS, I’M SO PISSED ABOUT IT!!!!!

Comment by Marina – July 19, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tell me about it. It’s beyond ridiculous that HL doesn’t get an emmy nod playing Gregory House. What a laugh.

Comment by Ray – July 19, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for much more love for P-Rec. I love Modern Family but do they have to nominate every single cast member? And John Noble is amazing. Its like 2 different actors playing Walter and Walternate.

Comment by jane-marie – July 19, 2012 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A part of me was hoping just hoping that Fringe would get some love (John Noble, Anna Torv), but I knew it wouldn’t..sigh. I’m really happy for Dunham, but Poehler better get it this year…she’s been doing amazing work on Parks.

Comment by Noel – July 19, 2012 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also…I have a feeling HBO is going to shut down these networks shows…how did Parks not get nominated or Offerman.

Comment by Noel – July 19, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was that apparently winning an Oscar at some point gives you Emmy street cred whether deserved or not. Don’t get me wring, Kathy Bates is a wonderful actor but that role was flat, the show was awful and that nod as a huge disservice to other worthy actors.

Comment by VACastlefan – July 19, 2012 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Would have loved to see Arya Stark grab that last nomination.

Comment by acriley12 – July 19, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how the flip is bialik nominated with her annoying constant rising inflection AND stiff acting? and more importantly, how is a aupposedly respected tv critic like ausiello happy about this abomination? duh.

Comment by jessie higH20 – July 19, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and where is the sublimely funny eliza coupe? and the brilliant hugh laurie? just because bialik happens to have had mega exposure playing opposite 2-time emmy winner jim parsons doesn’t make her an amy poehler or a kristen wiig. ugh.

Comment by jessie higH20 – July 19, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah she was okay for a few episodes but should never have been brought back as a recurring character. Kaley is far more under-rated on that show, in my opinion. What she manages to do with drinking & doing laundry! Pretty much all they ever give her, and yet her snark with Jim is sparkling. Plus I’ve never forgiven Mayim for excusing Colton Crumbie’s racism and classism on the Survivor reunion. Proof that a good education and being rational are not always synonymous.

Comment by Chiana – July 19, 2012 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks&Rec not getting an Emmy nod in the comedy series should’ve been illegal. If they can put 7 actresses in the comedy category (btw Laura Dern > Edie Falco), they could’ve done that for the series. Nick Offerman gets no love, again. I mean, I love SNL, but Nick Offerman deserved the nod WAY more than Bill Hader did. Cougar Town had its best season and yet we have to watch it get ignored and let Modern Family take all the glory, sigh. I have high hopes for this year, but the things that bum me out, are REALLY bumming me out.

Comment by Wesley – July 19, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +10000

Comment by noa – July 19, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • dear web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to here is that ,the question just why the about the prime time emmy sucks this year just because of that award show was tape and pre,recorded it was live tell cast this year love david b conway

Comment by david b conway – September 23, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mariska hargitay first time in forever she hasnt been nominated + one of her best seasons of svu!

Comment by Anthea – July 19, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hargitay not being being nominated was a highlight of these nominations. Her work this year was truly terrible. Not that any of her performances were ever outstanding.

Comment by HGFM – July 19, 2012 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HGFM I completely agree. Her omission here is a real positive in these lists.

Comment by M – July 19, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very upset about Sons of Anarchy getting NOTHING…. AGAIN. Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal and Maggie Siff were EASILY a lock in after season 4. Again, Emmys… Go screw yourselves.

Comment by Megan – July 19, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m right there with you sister… When you’re an SOA fan, you prepare yourself to be disappointed every year, and the Emmys just never let you down!

Comment by A.Rae – July 19, 2012 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly think network & cable should be split. I’m tired of seeing the same people each year…and no SOA at all?! COME ON! I think I might boycott!

Comment by Kymberly – July 19, 2012 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And Jeff Probst was completely shut out for hosting Survivor! Wow…that gives another person a chance!

Comment by Harry – July 19, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My fingers are crossed for Cat Deeley, if SYTYCD can’t win best show, it can at least win host!

Comment by Wesley – July 19, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vincent Kartheiser snubbed once again.

Comment by wingster55 – July 19, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A complete injustice especially after all the great material he had this season! He killed it!

Comment by acriley12 – July 19, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle is the best-written and best-acted, most realistic comedy on TV. The complete shutout is an embarrassment to the Emmys. Also Kaley Cuoco and Simon Helberg were outstanding on Big Bang this year. Joel Kinnamon was amazing on “The Killing.” Kiernan Shipka was awesome on Mad Men.

Comment by Joe Davis – July 19, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kathryn Joosten as Karen McCluskey
    Desperate Housewives

when did I miss the announcement about DH being a comedy?

I know they wanna honor Kathryn but duuuuude!

Comment by tali – July 19, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Desperate Housewives has entered itself as a comedy every year. Why are you surprised?

Comment by Greg James – July 19, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, also Vincent Kartheiser. Outstanding work. Deserved a nomination. At least January Jones didn’t get one, thank God.

Comment by Joe Davis – July 19, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m super-pissed about no nod for Jessica Lange. Seriously, why?

Comment by Goku – July 19, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jessica Lange was nominated in the Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie category

Comment by matt – July 19, 2012 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s got one in the miniseries supporting actress category

Comment by acriley12 – July 19, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “AHS” is classified under the Miniseries/Movie category because it will follow a different plotline every year. It actually got more noms than just about any show.

Comment by aleksa – July 19, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No The Good Wife nom for best drama and no Parks and Rec non for best comedy? The Emmys are a joke.

Comment by matt – July 19, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *nom

Comment by matt – July 19, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As well as Josh Charles for Supporting Actor or Carrie Preston for guest star.

Comment by Sue – July 19, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe Nurse Jackie is even getting nods in the first place. I mean, is there any reason any of the girls from Community, Aubrey Plaza, Casey Wilson, and Cloris Leachman didn’t deserve a nod?

Comment by Wesley – July 19, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the only reason i can think of is the stupidity of Emmy voters.

Comment by noa – July 19, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think Masie Williams put herself forward for consideration but I still think she should have been nominated! Arya Stark was amazing this year, She deserved a supporting nom for her scenes with Charles Dane alone!

Also Parks was the best comedy this year and I’m gutted that it isn’t on the shortlist.

Comment by Liam Tait (@brilliam_t) – July 19, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was put in for consideration by the show’s producers along with Lena Heady who was also snubbed.

Comment by Olive – July 20, 2012 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really really really disappoint that Max didn’t get nominated. I’m aware none of his material was “comedic”, but still, IDK, it was the most powerful performance on that damn show this season. Just really like, angry, rn, lol

I am thrilled for Sherlock/Benedict/Matrin, and also for Cat Deely of SYTYCD. That makes me happy.

Comment by d – July 19, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Max as in Max Adler, my bad, lol. Max Greenfield was nominated, which is very awesome, too! lol

Comment by d – July 19, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are super excited that Girls got a comedy nom? What planet do you live on? That is the most over-hyped piece of garbage on my TV…. Just awful.

Comment by Chris – July 19, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Girls is the sh*t and you should shut up ♥

Comment by JUSTICE! – July 19, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ironically, I’m probably too much of a lesbian for Girls.. I reaaally don’t get it. Like, WHY does the main character keep going back to this douche of a ‘love’ interest??? seriously.
      Anyway, go Parks and Recreation!! (Oh wait, it isn’t nominated wtf)

Comment by ddutchie88 – July 19, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Naya Rivera? She deserved a nomination!

Comment by phoenix – July 19, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! She was the best part of Glee’s third season, despite the uneven writing and royal mishandling of most storylines :(

Comment by Nicole – July 19, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At least Community was nominated for best writing for “Remedial Chaos Theory.” YAY.

Comment by Harry – July 19, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So far, they’re doing better than last year! Let’s hope for a streak like this.

Comment by Adam – July 19, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, a streak! Maybe we’ll get two nominations next year – although a little doubtful without Dan Harmon. #sixseasonsandamovieandDanHarmon

Comment by Chiana – July 19, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is something, at least. And an episode worthy of such a nomination, too, no less.
      Sigh. *Joins in with everyone else on the griping about what the nominations missed*

Comment by Angela – July 19, 2012 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im trying to figure out why Caterina Scorsone from Private Practice was not nominated. She brought it in season 5. I think they should have the viewers of these shows vote whose nominated because who ever chooses clearly are blind.

Comment by Chloe – July 19, 2012 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are absolutely right…that intervention episode was absolutely amazing along with every other epsiode she did

Comment by BC – July 19, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Emily Deschanel ? No Bones ? o.O WTH ?? !!!

Comment by Mia – July 19, 2012 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community WON the Critics Choice Awards but doesn’t even get nominated for Emmy?

And such lack of support for the Good Wife in Drama category and its stellar Supporting Actors?

This has to be one the worst Emmy nominations in the past decade or two.

Comment by Hamza – July 19, 2012 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • * The absence of Fringe‘s John Noble. – EXACTLY!

Comment by kirads09 – July 19, 2012 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jason isaacs and awake, honestly.

Comment by jana – July 19, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am super pissed about many things with these nominations:
    1. No best drama nomination for “Good Wife” – the best drama on network tv.
    2. No love for “Happy Endings” or “Parks and Rec” – 2 of the most consistently funny comedies on television. Period.
    3. Enough with Jon Cryer and “Curb Your Enthusiasm” (when was the last time it was on – seriously.
    4. Becky from GLEE? – was hoping for a first time nomination for her as it would have been epic and well deserved.
    5. No nomination for Katey Sagal… criminal!
    6. and enough with the Betty White nominations… really?

Comment by Scott Beam – July 19, 2012 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously? Curb aired within the eligibility period otherwise it wouldn’t have been nominated. Curb was at its best last season.

Comment by Greg James – July 19, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • seriously – I know that it was obviously eligible… it is just past its prime and other shows should get a chance like Happy Endings, Parks and Rec, Community, etc…

Comment by Scott Beam – July 19, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Curb is 1000 times funnier than Girls or Veep. It’s not past it’s prime either. Still as funny as it has every been.

Comment by AJ – July 19, 2012 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beyond pissed about PARKS AND REC!!! It’s a freaking travesty!!!! That show is 100x funnier than 30 Rock ever was, and yet nothing is thrown its way! They EMMYS are a joke!!!!!

Very happy about JLD and Veep, and Merritt Weaver for Nurse Jackie!!! And American Horror story!

Comment by Jared – July 19, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emmys should look for another shows!! They nominee the same shows every year!! And in my opinion this shows are really overrated!! Where is Jon Noble???? I won´t watch this anymore! Everything is so predictable and boring! The only things i am rooting for is Sherlock and Game of Thrones!

Comment by Liliana – July 19, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post