Comic-Con

Fringe Cast Teases Final Season (Who's Missing? Who's Old?), Thanks Firefly for Getting Closure

The bad news: The end is near for Fringe.

The good news: The cast will mark its final season with a ginormous Hall H celebration at Comic-Con on Sunday.

And the best news: The series will end on its own terms, which John Noble suspects is due to the adventures of Captain Mal Reynolds.

“It’s courtesy of Firefly, really,” the actor suggests, referencing the short-lived Fox sci-fier. “They said, ‘You’re not going to do that again,’ so they got to write a final chapter. I’m grateful for Fox taking that on.”

RELATED | Fringe Exclusive: Major Final-Season Time Jump Is Planned, Plus [Spoiler] Returns!

But speaking more directly to the topic at hand — Season 5 — during their stop at TVLine’s interview suite, Noble, Anna Torv, Jasika Nicole and Lance Reddick gave best they could a look into the literal future, as Fringe‘s final run is set in 2036, just as last season’s Episode 19 was.

Nicole, for one, explains the premiere title – “Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11″ – and how it relates to one character still being missing in action in 2036, while Reddick semi-laments how he’ll be among the few having to deal with “old age” make-up for these final 13 episodes.

Also fun: An extended riff in which Nicole and Torv hash out an “awesome” twist that was not meant to be.

Loading video...

1. its going to be so hard when the show ends

2. Ck says:

Can’t watch this video either.

3. dee says:

dont leavvveeeee meeeeee!!!!!

4. Jules says:

They are so amazing & hilarious together. God I’m going to miss them. But where was Josh?

5. Drew says:

I really don’t want this show to end. C’mon, Netflix or someone!

6. pik says:

I’m in love with Jasika. She’s so beautiful, talented and funny!

7. Sam says:

Amazing cast, amazing actors.

8. zohaib says:

It’s sad to know that it won’t go farther than season 5. It’s the only intriguing sci-fi thriller that can be seen these days. I really wish fox re-considers. But it doesn’t seem to happen.

• ben says:

Just be thankful for the five seasons and 100 episodes we got, which is a really good run for any show. Fox and Warners Brothers worked really hard, and are probably both taking a financial hit, to make these last 13 episodes, a run which will give us closure. I’m not sure there is anything more we could realistically ask for.

9. Ben says:

Omg Anna is so beautiful. I’m drooling here.

10. JN says:

Anna Torv is incredibly AWESOME, so beautiful sweetest, charming funny, stunning hot, she is gorgeous in that Dress

11. keeper says:

They all are so funny,ijust can not stop laughing.

12. sladewilson says:

I love this show, love this cast and they need to let Jasika go off during this end run because she’s very funny. I’m going to miss this show. And their interviews are hilarious…

13. Hobodeluxe says:

John looks like he’s had a couple of drinks :)

14. panda says:

What a wonderful interview. :D

15. davey says:

I think I would DIE if Astrid turns out to be a shape-shifter!
    Love the show, the cast and everything FRINGE!
    Here’s to an awesome Season 5 :)

16. Whitney says:

Thanks for the great interview!

17. Erika says:

lol John Noble eating the pillow :D

• ben says:

Honestly, this cast just have the most wonderful sense of humour, it’s really fun to see them having fun together.

18. Carrie says:

I adore this show. I’m really going to miss it. What terrific actors.

19. Lorena says:

Imagine that!! if Astrid was a shapeshifter all this time? that would be some masive cliffhanger, and really really cool

• ben says:

I’m glad she wasn’t. It is a cool twist, but the show has been cool the way it is too, I can’t imagine going back and changing it.

20. Mena says:

I adore this cast! They have such awesome chemistry! Thank you, FOX, for giving this amazing show a chance to wrap things up in style!

21. Manu says:

this is one hilarious interview!!
    I’m going to miss Fringe and its cast a lot! And it’s really amazing that John Noble mentioned Firefly!

22. Tamara says:

I love you all and I will miss you so much (sigh) Your are amazing actors. But the fact that FOX allowed this to end in a proper ways still shocks me too!

23. Elle says:

I can’t believe no one told them that was Seth’s last scene! Poor Seth! I hope they bring him back for at least one episode. I’m gonna miss this show so much! :)

24. Woo says:

Anna Torv is all sorts of foxy in this vid.

25. Marvin says:

Hahahaha Jasika said “scheiße” which is the german word for “s**t” :D Hahaha this made me laugh so hard.

26. Susanna says:

Anna is so adorable!! And so is Jasika. Really gonna miss the show a lot once it ends…

27. I am really sad the show is going to end, but like John said, at least we’ll get an ending which is unheard of. So that’s at least a bonus. But still I wish that they could’ve continued it,

28. Xylina says:

I am going to truly miss this show. I appreciate Fox for giving the show the respectful send off it deserves. The cast is outstanding together… Their chemistry is off the charts….
    Give me another show with that kind of chemistry with the cast I am a guaranteed watcher…

29. Emily says:

Oh, my gosh. I love Anna and Jasika together. They totally have a best girlfriends thing going on here and in the panel. It makes me realize that when Josh is around, he tends to outtalk the rest of them. And John Noble: “That would be a great season 6…”

30. erin.meegan says:

r u kidding me…last season of fringe?..now what…more singing shows ..dancing…reality..shows..i never watch them……p.u.and u suck

31. Fátima says:

how can a person be so perfect!!Anna is

32. Florence says:

I love love love John Noble… he’s awesome.

33. Liz says:

This interview will goes to my favorite vid folder.

34. fringeobsessed says:

I still think Astrid is a mole. She was not scared enough of David Robert Jones’ being in the lab in “Ability,” jmo. But mark my words…someone in our lovely little dysfunctional family unit WILL turn out to be a shifter!

• RJ Suss says:

I don’t know about a mole… I do think there is a lot we don’t know about her though, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it has been set up that way because SHE knows something we don’t (incl. Olivia, Peter, Walter, etc.) lol maybe she and Sam Weiss both… ?

35. Deanna says:

I cannot beleive Fringe is going into its last season. Its is so well scrited why? I love all the characters! Fringe will missed. One of my fav scifi shows ever.

36. John says:

The x-Files went for nine years and had two movies. Come on Fox what are you thinking ending this. at least give us a movie after the ‘last’ season

37. Sadie says:

I’ll right away seize your rss as I can’t in finding your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you’ve any?
    Kindly allow me realize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

38. Horace says:

Another important issue is that if you are an
    elderly person, travel insurance intended for pensioners is
    something you need to really take into consideration. The older you are, a lot more at risk
    you will be for having something undesirable happen to you while in most foreign countries.
    If you are not necessarily covered by quite a few comprehensive insurance policy, you could have a
    number of serious difficulties. Thanks for giving your hints on this web blog.

39. Jame says:

One thing is that while you are searching for a education loan you may find that you will need a cosigner.
    There are many cases where this is true because you may find
    that you do not employ a past credit rating so the loan
    company will require that you’ve someone cosign the credit for you. Good post.

40. Geraldo says:

Another issue is that video games are typically serious as
    the name indicated with the main focus on understanding rather than fun.
    Although, it comes with an entertainment factor to keep
    children engaged, each and every game is frequently designed to work
    on a specific set of skills or programs, such as mathmatical or research.

Thanks for your publication.

41. Precious says:

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following.
    unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the
    same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.