Comic-Con

Fringe Cast Teases Final Season (Who's Missing? Who's Old?), Thanks Firefly for Getting Closure

The bad news: The end is near for Fringe.

The good news: The cast will mark its final season with a ginormous Hall H celebration at Comic-Con on Sunday.

And the best news: The series will end on its own terms, which John Noble suspects is due to the adventures of Captain Mal Reynolds.

“It’s courtesy of Firefly, really,” the actor suggests, referencing the short-lived Fox sci-fier. “They said, ‘You’re not going to do that again,’ so they got to write a final chapter. I’m grateful for Fox taking that on.”

RELATED | Fringe Exclusive: Major Final-Season Time Jump Is Planned, Plus [Spoiler] Returns!

But speaking more directly to the topic at hand — Season 5 — during their stop at TVLine’s interview suite, Noble, Anna Torv, Jasika Nicole and Lance Reddick gave best they could a look into the literal future, as Fringe‘s final run is set in 2036, just as last season’s Episode 19 was.

Nicole, for one, explains the premiere title – “Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11″ – and how it relates to one character still being missing in action in 2036, while Reddick semi-laments how he’ll be among the few having to deal with “old age” make-up for these final 13 episodes.

Also fun: An extended riff in which Nicole and Torv hash out an “awesome” twist that was not meant to be.

Loading video...

Comments (56)

• its going to be so hard when the show ends

Comment by Michelle Lee (@SujithaBai) – July 15, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It really will… :(
      Congratulations to all Fringe team! You were wonderful :)

Comment by Patrícia – August 21, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t watch this video either.

Comment by Ck – July 15, 2012 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me neither, not showing up o. My iPad! But u’ve watched several other comic con interviews! :(

Comment by katy917 – July 15, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me to… The link doesn’t work on iPads.

Comment by GeoDiva – July 15, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Or iPhones. Which isnt unusual except I’ve been able to see some of the other videos. Like the Once ones.

Comment by Gilda – July 15, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I too have been able to watch all the other videos on my iPhone. Why not the one I really really want. FIX THE LINK please :) I don’t want to go on my computer then I’ll be forced to pay bills :(

Comment by Jen – July 15, 2012 12:45 PM PDT
    • I can’t bear to think of the show gonna end. I’m gonna miss Anna Torv.

Comment by TH Myint . – July 16, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JAVA people, Apple doesn’t want it, resistance is feutile.

Comment by Scott Wright – July 16, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dont leavvveeeee meeeeee!!!!!

Comment by dee – July 15, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They are so amazing & hilarious together. God I’m going to miss them. But where was Josh?

Comment by Jules – July 15, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He had to leave early yesterday, but he will be at the panel today.

Comment by Noel – July 15, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t want this show to end. C’mon, Netflix or someone!

Comment by Drew – July 15, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in love with Jasika. She’s so beautiful, talented and funny!

Comment by pik – July 15, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing cast, amazing actors.

Comment by Sam – July 15, 2012 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s sad to know that it won’t go farther than season 5. It’s the only intriguing sci-fi thriller that can be seen these days. I really wish fox re-considers. But it doesn’t seem to happen.

Comment by zohaib – July 15, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just be thankful for the five seasons and 100 episodes we got, which is a really good run for any show. Fox and Warners Brothers worked really hard, and are probably both taking a financial hit, to make these last 13 episodes, a run which will give us closure. I’m not sure there is anything more we could realistically ask for.

Comment by ben – July 15, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg Anna is so beautiful. I’m drooling here.

Comment by Ben – July 15, 2012 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And also so talented. :) I’m going to miss the show,

Comment by colossus – July 15, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Torv is incredibly AWESOME, so beautiful sweetest, charming funny, stunning hot, she is gorgeous in that Dress

Comment by JN – July 15, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They all are so funny,ijust can not stop laughing.

Comment by keeper – July 15, 2012 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, love this cast and they need to let Jasika go off during this end run because she’s very funny. I’m going to miss this show. And their interviews are hilarious…

Comment by sladewilson – July 15, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John looks like he’s had a couple of drinks :)

Comment by Hobodeluxe – July 15, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love!

Comment by Pamela – July 15, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a wonderful interview. :D

Comment by panda – July 15, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I would DIE if Astrid turns out to be a shape-shifter!
    Love the show, the cast and everything FRINGE!
    Here’s to an awesome Season 5 :)

Comment by davey – July 15, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the great interview!

Comment by Whitney – July 15, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol John Noble eating the pillow :D

Comment by Erika – July 15, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly, this cast just have the most wonderful sense of humour, it’s really fun to see them having fun together.

Comment by ben – July 15, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore this show. I’m really going to miss it. What terrific actors.

Comment by Carrie – July 15, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Imagine that!! if Astrid was a shapeshifter all this time? that would be some masive cliffhanger, and really really cool

Comment by Lorena – July 15, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad she wasn’t. It is a cool twist, but the show has been cool the way it is too, I can’t imagine going back and changing it.

Comment by ben – July 15, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore this cast! They have such awesome chemistry! Thank you, FOX, for giving this amazing show a chance to wrap things up in style!

Comment by Mena – July 15, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is one hilarious interview!!
    I’m going to miss Fringe and its cast a lot! And it’s really amazing that John Noble mentioned Firefly!

Comment by Manu – July 15, 2012 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love you all and I will miss you so much (sigh) Your are amazing actors. But the fact that FOX allowed this to end in a proper ways still shocks me too!

Comment by Tamara – July 15, 2012 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe no one told them that was Seth’s last scene! Poor Seth! I hope they bring him back for at least one episode. I’m gonna miss this show so much! :)

Comment by Elle – July 16, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Torv is all sorts of foxy in this vid.

Comment by Woo – July 16, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahahaha Jasika said “scheiße” which is the german word for “s**t” :D Hahaha this made me laugh so hard.

Comment by Marvin – July 16, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna is so adorable!! And so is Jasika. Really gonna miss the show a lot once it ends…

Comment by Susanna – July 16, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really sad the show is going to end, but like John said, at least we’ll get an ending which is unheard of. So that’s at least a bonus. But still I wish that they could’ve continued it,

Comment by Stephanie Rayne – July 16, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am going to truly miss this show. I appreciate Fox for giving the show the respectful send off it deserves. The cast is outstanding together… Their chemistry is off the charts….
    Give me another show with that kind of chemistry with the cast I am a guaranteed watcher…

Comment by Xylina – July 16, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, my gosh. I love Anna and Jasika together. They totally have a best girlfriends thing going on here and in the panel. It makes me realize that when Josh is around, he tends to outtalk the rest of them. And John Noble: “That would be a great season 6…”

Comment by Emily – July 16, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • r u kidding me…last season of fringe?..now what…more singing shows ..dancing…reality..shows..i never watch them……p.u.and u suck

Comment by erin.meegan – July 16, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how can a person be so perfect!!Anna is

Comment by Fátima – July 16, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love love John Noble… he’s awesome.

Comment by Florence – July 17, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This interview will goes to my favorite vid folder.

Comment by Liz – July 18, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still think Astrid is a mole. She was not scared enough of David Robert Jones’ being in the lab in “Ability,” jmo. But mark my words…someone in our lovely little dysfunctional family unit WILL turn out to be a shifter!

Comment by fringeobsessed – July 19, 2012 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know about a mole… I do think there is a lot we don’t know about her though, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it has been set up that way because SHE knows something we don’t (incl. Olivia, Peter, Walter, etc.) lol maybe she and Sam Weiss both… ?

Comment by RJ Suss – August 4, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot beleive Fringe is going into its last season. Its is so well scrited why? I love all the characters! Fringe will missed. One of my fav scifi shows ever.

Comment by Deanna – July 23, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The x-Files went for nine years and had two movies. Come on Fox what are you thinking ending this. at least give us a movie after the ‘last’ season

Comment by John – August 6, 2012 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll right away seize your rss as I can’t in finding your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you’ve any?
    Kindly allow me realize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

Comment by Sadie – September 18, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another important issue is that if you are an
    elderly person, travel insurance intended for pensioners is
    something you need to really take into consideration. The older you are, a lot more at risk
    you will be for having something undesirable happen to you while in most foreign countries.
    If you are not necessarily covered by quite a few comprehensive insurance policy, you could have a
    number of serious difficulties. Thanks for giving your hints on this web blog.

Comment by Horace – November 6, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One thing is that while you are searching for a education loan you may find that you will need a cosigner.
    There are many cases where this is true because you may find
    that you do not employ a past credit rating so the loan
    company will require that you’ve someone cosign the credit for you. Good post.

Comment by Jame – November 14, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another issue is that video games are typically serious as
    the name indicated with the main focus on understanding rather than fun.
    Although, it comes with an entertainment factor to keep
    children engaged, each and every game is frequently designed to work
    on a specific set of skills or programs, such as mathmatical or research.

Thanks for your publication.

Comment by Geraldo – December 5, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following.
    unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the
    same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.

Comment by Precious – December 29, 2012 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post