Comic-Con

Ask Ausiello: Scoop on Grey's, Parenthood, Castle, Vampire Diaries, Horror Story and More!

Get More: Comic-Con, Spoilers

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Any scoop on Grey’s Anatomy? Will the premiere pick up right where they left off (the doctors still stranded), or will they do a time jump? Will Meredith and Derek stay in Seattle? — Barbara
Ausiello: No clue, but we can tell you that Shonda Rhimes is staffing up in the wake of last season’s literal killing spree. Two of the new hires: Dr. Parker, a top-of-his-game physician in his 40s or 50s, and Dr. Mel Barnett, who’s slightly younger. Seattle Grace is also looking for two medical professionals, a man and a woman, who are “smart” and “not Hollywood handsome/pretty.” Finally, Mister Scooch has a shot!

Question: Please send me any spoilers you have about Parenthood. —Margaret
Ausiello: The Braverman family will be down one member next season — sort of. With Haddie heading off to college, Sarah Ramos will no longer be a series regular. But she will be around, maintains exec producer Jason Katims. “I’m approaching it in a similar way as I did in Friday Night Lights,” he says. “When people graduated, we figured out a way to keep them around but also to make it realistic. She will be on the show this season, but she won’t be in every episode.”

Question: Any chance we’ll see Victoria in the next Season of Revenge? Possibly alive? —Giovanni
Ausiello: Like there was any question about that! If you think they’d kill off Madeleine Stowe, I’ve got a lovely bridge I think would be perfect for you. Vicky’s very safe; in fact, I snuck a peek at the show’s Season 2 cast list (series regulars only), and all the principals will be back, including the aforementioned Stowe, Emily Van Camp (Emily), Henry Czerny (Conrad), Ashley Madekwe (Ashley), Nick Wechsler (Jack), Gabriel Mann (Nolan), Connor Paolo (Declan), Christa B. Allen (Charlotte) and Joshua Bowman (Daniel).

Question: Any word on the casting of Emily’s mom on Revenge? —Kevin
Ausiello: No, but I can tell you about another new character: Hideo Kita, a brilliant and imposing Japanese business owner in his 40s or 50s. He’ll help Emily, but he’s got secrets of his own. Sounds a lot like Takeda, no? Could the addition of this Japanese/English bilingual guest star mean that Em’s mentor might not be as supportive of her this season as he has been in the past? Hit the comments with your thoughts on the matter!

Question: I just checked the Comic-Con listing, and Darren Criss is still not listed. It was updated this afternoon. Any ideas why? I’m taking my daughter who is a huge fan and don’t want her disappointed. —Eric
Ausiello:
No clue. But he’ll be there. Trust me! And TVLine will be there, too, covering all of the action and giving you all of the behind-the-scenes scoop you crave. From Thursday through Sunday, we’ll have complete coverage of all the panels, press rooms and parties. And TVLine’s interview suite — which has a few new bells and whistles this year (more on that Thursday) — will churn out exclusive video Q&As with your favorite actors and casts (see the video below for highlights from 2011).

Question: I got into your Aushole party at Comic-Con! Woo-hoo! Will all guests be given one of those fancy t-shirts you mentioned? —Amy
Ausiello: Yes, every guest will get a shirt. And then you must wear it everyday throughout the Con — even if you start to smell. (Being a hard-core fan requires sacrifice, people.) I’ll have more details on the Ausome tee – including a first look and info on why it’s in your best interests to wear the thing as much as possible — tomorrow on Twitter. In related news, you must check out the winning entries in our Finale Photo Contest. Some stunning artistry there.

Question: Help! I want to plan a trip up to Virginia so I can watch the Castle season premiere with my best friend, but they haven’t released the premiere date yet. And flights aren’t getting any cheaper. I know it’s probably going to be Sept. 17 or 24. Do you have any insider intel or maybe just a hunch as to what day it will be? —Savannah
Ausiello: First, this is Ask Ausiello, not Travelocity. That said, have you considered the particular joy of a nice, multiple-hour bus ride? You meet some of the cleanest, most well-adjusted people on interstate coaches. My suggestion: Set up a phone date with your pal. I’ll even give you a topic to discuss: the show’s two new characters — Senator Randall Stinson and Vice President Russell —  who I’m guessing will figure into the conspiracy surrounding Beckett’s mother’s murder. Note their titles. Yep, this cover-up goes all the way to the top.

Question: Any news on a premiere date for American Horror Story Season 2? —Jacob
Ausiello: All we know at this point is that it’s set for the fall and that the cast will be ginormous. In addition to the nearly dozen new roles that already have been cast, Ryan Murphy & Co. are also looking for Wendy, a lesbian hippie chick in her 30s; Abigail, a 1960s prostitute; Frank McGuire, an authoritative Bostonian and chief of security at a hospital (perhaps the one run by Jessica Lange’s nun?); Mother Superior Claudia, who’ll be Lange’s character’s boss; Father Malechi, an Irish priest; Morley Potter, a “salt of the earth” farmer; Barb and Lois, more lesbians; and Carl, a former military man who’s an orderly at the hospital.

Question: Last week, you tweeted that the USA Network’s Political Animals premiere was even better than you thought it would be. Care to expand on that thought? I’m really intrigued – can’t wait to see it Sunday! – Amy
Ausiello: I can tell you that you won’t be disappointed, that Sigourney Weaver’s secretary of state character sleeps with someone you don’t expect her to, that all of the main characters are keeping some kind of secret and that I was pleasantly surprised by a reveal in the last few minutes of the episode. That should hold you for the rest of the week.

Question: America’s Next Top Model is still my guilty pleasure, so how about some scoop? —Denise
Ausiello: I hear that the fashion destination for this upcoming all-star season, which kicks off August 24 (8/7c, The CW), is Jamaica. This just in: There’ll also be lots of crying, bitchery and smizing.

Question: It’s maybe a little too early to ask this, but do you know whether vampire-Elena will be taking some kind of revenge on Rebekah for causing her death when The Vampire Diaries returns? —Gabriela
Ausiello: I’m going to assume Elena has her hands full completing her transition to vampire. One person who does have revenge on the brain is Damon, who blames poor Matt for Elena’s little predicament.

Question: Any Hot in Cleveland scoop? —Jessica
Ausiello:
Yep. The show’s looking for a big-ish guest star to play William, a guy in his 40s or 50s who’ll recur as a love interest for Valerie Bertinelli’s Melanie. I hear that William could be in as few as three or as many as 12 episodes in Season 4.

Question: Can you pretty please give me any scoop on Suits? I must say that they have (hands down) the hottest two main characters on TV! —Melissa
Ausiello: How about this: At a funeral, we’ll meet a 20-something beauty who shares a long – like, back to childhood — history with Mike, and she shows up exactly when he really needs her. We hear if things work out, this character could be part of a recurring arc.

Question: So excited my favorite actor (Patrick Wilson) will be on Girls next season. What else you got about Season 2? —Katie
Ausiello: Howzabout two new faces? Hannah and the ladies will be joined by Maggie, a young Manhattan urbanite editor with Midwestern roots, and Eladonna, a gun-carrying Staten Island teen who’s dating a small-time cocaine dealer 20 years her senior and whose family life is – to say the least – terribly complicated. Sounds like they’ll fit right in.

Question: Any new news on Dexter’s upcoming season? —Pete
Ausiello: As if our favorite butcher didn’t already have enough on his plate, now he’s got to deal with Jason Price, an investigative author of books about murders. The charming Mr. Price will first appear in the sixth episode of the upcoming season.

Question: Can you clear something up about White Collar? Previously you told us that Hilarie Burton would be in four episodes this season, but Matt Bomer now says three. Who is right? –Andie
Ausiello: I’ll defer to the other Matt — Mitovich — our resident expert in all things Hilarie Burton (restraining order notwithstanding), and he has it on “extremely good authority” that Hil is booked for a total of four episodes, two of which she has thus far shot.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Kimberly Roots and Vlada Gelman)

Comments (81)

• Love Sara character, Hope Hilarie will be in more episodes in the second half of the season.

Comment by simy – July 10, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – July 10, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Matt (Bomer) said Hilarie will be in 3 of the first 10 episodes. This doesn’t mean she can not be in 4 of all 16 :)

Comment by Mostly neutral – July 10, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cutting her load so much is a massive mistake on the writers’ part. They’re going to lose a huge part of the fanbase they brought in by casting her. This is really upsetting.

Comment by Hannah – July 10, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh please!! The “fan base” of the show can’t care less about Sara/Hilary. She’s a crappy character who brings Neil down in every scene. Get rid of the dead weight and bring back fun Neil from season 1…and Alex!

Comment by Rachel – July 10, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Amen to that! She has zero chemistry with Neil. I don’t hate her, but I feel they should only bring her in when she can help with a case and not a love interest for Neil. She had more chemistry with Peter. I am dying for Alex to come back! Can’t wait!

Comment by wednesday – July 10, 2012 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly. Can the 1 Tree Hill fans please leave.

Comment by Keenan – July 10, 2012 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah, I’m an OTH fan, and I think she’s horrible. She was a bad actress then, and she’s a bad actress now. No need to crap on us for it.

Comment by blob – July 18, 2012 08:09 PM PDT
        • Ditto.

Comment by Rain – July 11, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • UGH she’s terrible. Was terrible on One Tree Hill, is terrible on this. There’s a reason she was the least liked character on OTH.

Comment by Captain – July 10, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hated her on OTH but I actually think she’s pretty good on White Collar!! She gives Neal a moral compass when he needs it and the banter and chemistry between the 2 of them also adds to the show!!

Comment by Sparky – July 10, 2012 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL! I call her HalliBurton. She’s really bad.

Comment by Keenan – July 10, 2012 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Matt Bomer said that she will be in 3 eps of the first 7 not the entire season!!

Comment by farsia2010 – July 11, 2012 02:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i mean first 10, sorry

Comment by farsia2010 – July 11, 2012 02:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The answer to the Castle question was kinda snarky, lol. Anyway, thanks!

Comment by castlefreak1212 – July 10, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you look at the history of when each season has premiered, and when the DVDs have been released, they’re usually within a day or so of each other. The Season 4 DVD set releases on September 11 of this year, so I would bet that Season 5 premieres on the 17th. Hope that’s helpful!

Comment by Lauren – July 10, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Emmys are on the 23rd and ABC will want to use them as a launching pad for the new season. Don’t expect anything on ABC to premiere before the 24th…

Comment by SJ – July 10, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. I understand if you would wanna see the premiere with ya friend too. Someone to share squeals and giggles with :)

Comment by Lily – July 10, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you look at hulu/abc.com and see that they are reshowing all the 2nd half of the 4th season…you can see that ‘Always’ will be back on hulu for the week of the 17th so season 5 will start on the 24th

Comment by Emily – July 11, 2012 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 5 officially starts on 9/24 (according to ABC execs); long story short, the location of said information is in public court records regarding a suit unrelated to Castle.

Comment by Lauren – July 16, 2012 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes it was and uncalled for she was asking for the date not how to travel….

Comment by Booboo – July 23, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you hear anything about what will be the title of Castle’s first episode? We’re so curious. Oh, and when the first promo will be aired?

Comment by WriterBeckett – July 10, 2012 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shonda Rhimes is an idiot. She can’t write for the cast she has yet is adding 4 more useless characters?

Comment by Fiona – July 10, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I used to disagree with this kind of sentiment on the show. But now – I wholeheartedly agree. She already has some great actors and great characters. Use them!

Comment by Jen Hofstetter (@photosbyjenh) – July 10, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know name calling is rude and immature but as a fan who started GA from the beginning and has watched the show turn into a giant pile of poo, I get very hot headed. Amazing core cast that is mostly still there that has been made mostly invisible for inane new sl’s with Kepner and company.

Comment by Fiona – July 10, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too, when people started leaving and there was all this behind the scenes grief, I thought, great now we can get more story lines about the people that are there, but gosh every time someone leaves their is a replacement ready in the wings. The only new character I think I’ve liked anytime recently was Henry, and he was recurring which was nice, but I didn’t even really like Teddy. And while I’m glad there will be more guys, since there were so many more females than males for a while, now it seems silly, because Alex hasn’t had a good love interest in years-so there goes any hope I had for a story line on that front, now that there are less character’s to deal with.

Comment by Drewer – July 10, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @ Fiona. My thoughts exactly! Reinforcing my decision to stop watching a year ago. The cast got too big and they started focusing on characters i didnt care about. Now she adds 4 more? She’s so stupid. Glad i gave the show up.

Comment by JeniLee – July 10, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are stronger than I am. I think I’m finally done. What with Lexie being killed off but Kepner still there, as well as a lot of other crap, I think I can finally walk away. A new season with FOUR new characters after the season we just had? Shonda and her minions aren’t smart, talented, creative enough to stick with the crowded cast they had. Also, after that plane crash, the survivors could have at least half a season devoted to THEM and their recovery stories but I’m sure that will be ignored just like the shooting and miscarriage. Only Cristina got a storyline after the shooting. I’m bitter about my once favorite show.

Comment by Fiona – July 10, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I actually wanted to give it up a few episodes after the shooting but I stuck it out for that whole season and then I had to stop. I wanted Lexie and Mark back together and was so sick of them being ignored plus the good characters all by the wayside with a line or two each episode. and Kepner UGH. Just awful. And when I saw that they killed Lexie all I could think was “thank goodness I gave it up” So disrespectful. Shonda knows how huge the Mark&Lexie fanbase is. If Chyler wanted to leave she could have written her out alive so they could reunite eventually.

Comment by JeniLee – July 10, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But honestly, Shonda didn’t choose to kill of Lexie. She wanted to leave the show to spend time with her family. Sure it’s really sad but that’s her decision. Maybe Shonda could kept her alive somehow like she did with Izzie, but the way Izzie left didn’t fit with her character at all and Lexie leaving wouldnt definitly fit her character.

Comment by Sarah – July 10, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hasn’t there been rumors of FAKE sides? So unitl i hear for a definate that so and so has been cast into these roles i’m not believing a thing, I think they have been put out there to make us all anxious and say WHY more characters. Which is just the reaction they are getting, Shonda and Co are probably sitting back going fools gotcha.

Comment by Heather (@auzzigrey) – July 14, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I thought maybe the reason for the deaths last season was to concentrate on the established characters. I was hoping more were going to leave via transfer.

Comment by gail – July 10, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree. She can’t write deep stories for the very talented actors she has now. Last season started off really good with more emphasis on the originals and then the back half went to filler and novelty until the last few episodes. I get the need to bring in new fresh faces and it fits in with a hospital environment. But ease them in slowly so we don’t dislike them immediately. And use what you’ve already got that got you a ninth season!

Comment by Sue – July 10, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t mind those 4 new characters if they killed or written off that obnoxious Kepner. Hell, bring me 10 new doctors! Shonda, just get rid of her!

Comment by martina – July 11, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If only Amanda (a.k.a. the real Emily) could somehow be on that exploding plane.

Comment by Lora – July 10, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL completely agree. I use to think she was good drama, now I just want her dead.

Comment by Captain – July 10, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can not wait for Castle and resolution of the Mombatross.

Comment by Lisa – July 10, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You just get the Breakdowns illegally and post what’s in there.

Comment by James – July 10, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well then they should promote Jason Ritter to regular if Sarah Ramos.is no longer regular status.

Love Hilarie Burton from the One Tree Hill days and she is good on White Collar.

Comment by sarah – July 10, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agreed on all points here!

Comment by J. – July 14, 2012 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Senator and Vice President!!!!!!??????????
    I have all types of crazy theories in my head right now… :D

Comment by Melissa – July 10, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Like….which one had Beckett’s mom killed and which one is Castle’s father?

Comment by Matt – July 10, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh man i didnt even think about castle’s father. what if the guy who had beckett’s mom killed is castle’s father?

Comment by Alan – July 11, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Castle’s father turns out to be the Vice President of the United States, who is going to help incarcerate the Senator, who in turn had Beckett’s mom killed. Or the other way around. You’re welcome.

Comment by Victoria – July 12, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Senator and Vice President?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WT*!!!!

Comment by Missy – July 10, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shonda is casting a Dr. Mel Barnett – as in Dr. Melanie Barnett-Davis from BET’s The Game? Tia is leaving the Game…what an awesome crossover opportunity to get them! I would be a fan to bring her in…

Comment by Chris – July 10, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If only Shonda would be that creative.

Comment by Chloe – July 10, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lolz, I was thinking the same thing. That would be awesome.

Comment by justme – July 18, 2012 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Some light at the end of the tunnel for Beckett’s mom’s mystery.

Comment by baba – July 10, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Suits spoiler makes it sound like Mike’s Grandma is going to die, if that is true I am going to be pretty bummed.

Comment by torontogirl98 – July 10, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here! :(

Comment by CJ – July 10, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I love that relationship; I’d be sad to see it end.

Comment by sixseasons&amovie – July 11, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Won’t be watching ATNM anymore. Tyra destroyed it with her ego. “Girls” sucks.

Comment by kam – July 10, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that Shonda should #BringIzzieBack! She is an idiot, making terrible plots and killing amazing actors. I still am reeling from the fact they cut Tim Daly and not Brian BenBen.
    I’m also glad that Victoria is back, and I guess in hindsight Aushole let slip that Lydia is the one that dies. If you remember David Kelley said someone will die, didn’t say who but if Victoria survived then it has to be Lydia.

Takeda must have gotten Fauxmanda pregnant and sent her back to run interference with Jack and Emily. He doesn’t want her to stay there in the Hamptons.

Comment by shuayb – July 10, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Katherine Heigl wanted to leave the show! How is that a terrible plot?

Comment by Sarah – July 10, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t understand why people want Izzie back. She was the worst character. Getting rid of her and George was the best thing GA ever did.

Comment by Ava – July 11, 2012 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Respectfully disagree. Though it was reported that Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight caused a lot of friction on set and it’s probably a more peaceful place to work without them, their characters were really popular with fans. Bringing Izzie back, at least for a little while to actually give her character proper closure that she never received due to Heigl’s abrupt exit, would probably bring a pretty substantial ratings surge.

Comment by J. – July 14, 2012 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @chris.. Thats what I was thinking too. It would be awesome t!o see melanie’s character crossover

Comment by Tasha – July 10, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t know what to think about this Suits scoop…

Comment by cynthia – July 10, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can you tell me if in Castle, are Beckett and Castle gonna date someday or have a love kiss soon? Wish that yes, x, c

Comment by Clowie – July 10, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haven’t you watched the season 4 finale?????
      If not, you’ll be VERY pleased, just like 99.99% of Castle fandom.. ;-) just a hint, the title of the episode is Always.. do your math!

Comment by Melissa – July 11, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suits, hottest TWO main characters?! Hello?! Anyone who doesn’t think Gina Torres is amazing has to be dead inside! So that’s three… at least.

Comment by Elizabeth (@atruekarmalife) – July 10, 2012 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So…..I’m thinking we have a name for The Dragon on Castle? Senator Randall Stinson and Vice President Russell? Hmmm, sound like Dragon names to me! ;)

Comment by Shannon – July 10, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unpopular opinion, I was (am) hoping Victoria died at the end of S1 Revenge. I love the character and Madeleine Stowe, but as a character ending that was irresistibly martyrish

Comment by portiaslegacy – July 10, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve still yet to understand what Glee is doing at Comic-Con. Is there a Glee comic book that I just don’t know about?

Comment by Sg.Grant – July 10, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Simple explanation my dear Sg. Grant, if Glee is not constantly in the forefront of every single thing ever, the entire cast will be killed. Glee is like on extended Willow Smith song. Ridiculous, childish, and just repeats itself over and over.

Comment by Ava – July 11, 2012 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Getting excited for the Castle premiere, sounds like it’ll be good!

Comment by Becks – July 10, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regarding GA and Shonda hiring new staff (if she reads this stuff)….may I suggest the very cool, hunk-of-man actor known as Adam Baldwin to be Dr. Parker. I would die if that happened. Two of my favorite actors on one of my fav. shows: Kevin McKidd AND Adam Baldwin. OMG I need a glass of ice water and a fan.

Comment by Ali – July 10, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shonda persues too many subplots like the new residents from mercy west (UGH) and completely disregards a lot of our favorite characters … It is disappointing to say the least

Comment by shelby – July 10, 2012 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any Rookie Blue scoop??

Comment by Alda – July 10, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Senator and Vice President on Castle? Ugh.

I know I am in the minority here, but I am kind of tired of the whole “who killed Beckett’s mother” storyline. All the conspiracy stuff is just too overdone. It involved some cops she worked with, etc. Fine. But now a Senator and a Vice President? Castle’s dad is some sort of spy? Sheesh. I get it is a television show and that it is all make-believe… but these are the types of story lines that people usually make fun of daytime soaps for having. Just stick to the case of the week and the (mostly) humorous back-and-forth between the characters. All of the characters. Then again, maybe that’s just me. hehe

Comment by The Squatch – July 10, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not just you, I agree with everything you just wrote. I was over the whole “who killed Beckett’s mom” storyline ages ago. I hate all these long drawn out arcs shows keep putting out – it’s just like the Red John story on The Mentalist. I’ve reached the point where I don’t care to find out the answer!

Comment by Rain – July 11, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally not a minority – read a lot of comments like yours..

Comment by shir – July 11, 2012 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do realise that the murder is gonna be solved in the season premiere right? Then why do you still complain?

Comment by Jess – July 11, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I respectfully disagree. The episodes where Beckett’s storyline is developed were the ones I’ve enjoyed the most, plus the few 2-part episodes throughout the series. By Season 3, I would get tired of random, silly homicide cases so I would just fast forward to the main character scenes. The relationship between the regular characters is what makes me want to watch the show, not the weekly cases – for that, there’s always Law and Order.
      Since I’m here, I actually started watching Castle 2 weeks ago. 4 seasons in less than 10 days. It’s interesting to see the methamorphosis of the actors, a notable increase for both Stana Katic’s beauty and Nathan Fillion’s double-chin (please put the man on a diet).

Comment by Victoria – July 12, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle:
    I knew.. I knew it would go that high up. This is going to be fun!

Comment by Simone – July 11, 2012 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was kind of obvious that Victoria wasn’t going to die but I was hoping they would kill off Charlotte.

Comment by Gerald – July 11, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why isn’t Bones’ being promoted at comic-con?/? I’m sick of Castle getting all the reviews!!!Bones’ is the best drama on TV!!!!!

Comment by sandy holl – July 11, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry but if anyone was to die on Revenge I would hope it would be Jack. I strongly dislike him with a passion. I personally find him unoriginal, bland, cliche, annoying, I do not see much chemistry between him and Emily at all, and he just seems like a mix of characters from past show all mixed together to make a “super” character (I often think of a cheesy and annoying Luke from Gilmore Girls). in a show with such great and complex characters I do not see him being any benefit to the show except as a contrast to the others. I guess it might be purposeful for him to be a simple “escape” for Emily but it’s just not working for me.

Comment by rebekah – July 12, 2012 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i seriously doubt that Vice President Russel is going to be the VP of the country–more likely the VP of Columbia, where Alexis will be going to school in the fall. I can see a senator being involved in the coverup, but this isn’t Scandal.

Comment by nyangel22 – July 13, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Hilarie Burton. Loved her on One Tree Hill and I love her on White Collar. The decision to scale back her character on White Collar is a huge disservice to fans in my opinion.

I also have to go against the grain with the Shonda Rhimes complaints. I can understand the frustration towards wanting more focus on the original characters, but the new regulars she has brought in over the past few seasons are just as interesting as some of the rest. I would honestly like to see more character development for April and Jackson, both of whom were characters that I didn’t care for initially but who grew on me. I’m really sad to see both Teddy and Lexie get written out of the series too, but jumping on board the hate train just because Shonda is planning to introduce some more new faces to the series in the wake of their departures seems a little premature to me.

Also sad to see that Sarah Ramos is no longer a series regular on Parenthood, but I agree with a previous poster above who suggested a promotion to regular for Jason Ritter’s character in her absence. He is a rather welcome addition to the series and hopefully one that’ll stick around now that his previous series commitments have fallen through.

Comment by J. – July 14, 2012 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post