Was Weeds Gunman a Misfire? Emmy Lovin' for Louie? Errors in Newsroom? And More TV Qs!

Weeds Season 8We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, here are some queries we’re going to lob at you, from shows including Weeds, Dallas, Awkward and Louie.

1 | Really? That’s the big twist with the Weeds gunman?

2 | Why did Falling Skies stage this emotional, quite unexpected reunion between Colonel Weaver and his daughter… just to have her leave? And how squirmy-icky was the harnessing facility? [Shudder]

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Revenge, Gossip Girl, Weeds, 90210, Bones, Castle and More!

3 | Given the attention to detail that Aaron Sorkin lavishes on his projects, why do The Newsroom‘s characters — who are already making unheard-of email blunders — insist on calling sound-on-tape bites “S-O-Ts” when the industry standard is to pronounce them “sots” (like “lots”)?

4 | Enough with these noobs — what if TNT’s Great Escape pitted ex-cons against each other? And armed the guards with (rubber) bullets??

5 | Where do we line up to give Drop Dead Diva‘s Grayson a hug?

6 | Are you loving this CM Punk/AJ/Daniel Bryan love triangle storyline on WWE Raw? It’s like they folded All My Children into wrestling, which for us is a huge win!

Glee Project Blake Nellie7 | After their duet, we have to ask: Can The Glee Project break its “one winner” rule again so we can get Blake and Nellie together in a storyline on Glee?

8 | How are we just noticing that Dallas alternates top billing between Josh Henderson and (as with this week’s episode) Jesse Metcalfe? Speaking of which: Those Ewing boys sure like to speed away from Southfork in their snazzy sports cars, don’t they?

9 | Did anyone else think of Bryan Fuller when they heard about A&E’s Bates Motel series? Sounds like a perfect companion to Hannibal, doesn’t it?

10 | Does anyone else feel like they’ve arrived late at the party — every year! — when the CBS Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular begins with the legendary orchestra already halfway through Tchaikovsky’s “1812 Overture”?

RELATED | Exclusive: Wake Up! Once Upon a Time Has Cast Sarah Bolger as Sleeping Beauty

11 | How lovely was the Awkward scene where Matty apologizes to Jenna? Are any Team Jake fans starting to come over to the other side? And can Becca please become a regular cast member?

12 | In light of her, ahem, ballsy performance in this week’s Louie, is it fair to say Melissa Leo has a lock on next year’s Guest Actress in a Comedy Emmy? Should anyone else even bother entering?

13 | Rookie Blue‘s Charlotte Sullivan (aka “Gail Peck”) totally has the look of a Once Upon a Time heroine, doesn’t she?

14 | Speaking of Once Upon a Time: Can we second Alphas star Azita Ghanizada’s pitch that she play Princess Jasmine when the times comes? That said, where’s the “beef” in this increasingly damsel-heavy ensemble? Prince Charming can’t bear the burden alone!

15 | Can Barbara Walters or someone please score a sit-down with Katie Holmes, so the tabloids can simmah down and stop trying to fashion news stories out of a three-word comment (“I’m all right”) made to a paparazzo? And who knew the biggest obstacle to Joey and Pacey’s future was not Dawson but Tom Cruise?

Comments (39)

• Omg! I love Becca’s character on Awkward. She was hilarious!! Actually, last night’s episode of Awkward was one of the best (and that isn’t saying much, since nearly every episode is just so good!).

LOVE AWKWARD!

Comment by Anon – July 6, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Becca is awesome!! She is my new favorite character. I’m hoping we’ll see her throughout the whole season.

Comment by Russ – July 6, 2012 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 12: If these awards were given for merit, she’d already have an Emmy for Treme lbr.

Comment by Viv – July 6, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, I love this comment! It perplexes me incredibly how every year that show gets ignored. It is so well done and so heartbreaking.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 6, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How could anyone leave Team Jake for Team Matty? Jenna said it best – Jake is happy to be with her and isnt afraid to show his feelings for the girl.

But Becca is great!

Comment by Chris – July 6, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely Team Jake! I don’t think I’ll ever forget Matty’s poor behavior toward Jenna in public. I hope she doesn’t either.

Comment by Me – July 7, 2012 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Boston Pops starts halfway through the 1812 because the majority of people have never heard the very beginning anyway. Very tragic, as the beginning is BEAUTIFUL. But everyone just wants to get to the part with the cannons.

Comment by Emma – July 6, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe the majority of people have never heard it because PBS joins it part of the way through. ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – July 6, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You mean CBS? Here in Boston they start the 1812 Overture before 10pm and then it runs over into the 10pm slot. So, maybe only Bostonians know the entire thing? Does CBS not air all of the Pops? It starts earlier. That being said, a lot of this year’s Pops was pre-recorded due to weather. They had to evacuate the Esplanade.

Comment by Peng9803 – July 6, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • A&E (back when they were serious about being the Arts & Entertainment Network) used to air the complete concert. It was glorious. I am fully convinced that CBS joins the concert in its last hour, right at the end of the 1812 Overture and puts all of the popular musical acts there to the exclusion of just about everything else – including the fireworks – for one simple reason. The Network Executives are convinced that “ordinary people” like their viewers (or what they imagine their viewers to be) will tune out in droves if they hear anything even vaguely resembling Classical Music on their TVs. Ridiculous in my opinion but that’s the most likely answer.

Comment by sasksleddog – July 7, 2012 01:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 5.Can’t I be the first in line to give that HUG!!! Poor Grayson :(
    11. Becca was so good Can I be asian… Wait is that racist??:)

Comment by miri – July 6, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I for one love the AJ/Daniel/Punk saga on WWE Raw. Best thing they’ve done in YEARS!!

Comment by Shirlz – July 6, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. The big twist was good. Not great, but good. But I have to say I actually enjoyed this episode. I am a longtime Weeds fan, but haven’t been able to say that in a while. Hope they keep it up! Either way, I’m in until the end!

Comment by Mike – July 6, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Comment by Jeremy – July 6, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2. I was floored when she left to go back to gang of kids. Hello People?!?!? There are aliens everywhere!!! Plus the gang can’t be that good fighters, they all got captured and were almost all harnessed. Also, what happended to the kid who did get harnessed?

Comment by GeoDiva – July 6, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, that was a head scratcher. The saying “there’s safety in numbers” is a saying for a reason. Why would a bunch of little kids not want to stay with a group of adults? But maybe this is a set-up for a later reunion.

Comment by Me – July 7, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1.THEY WHOLE THING WAS HORRIBLE

Comment by Gus – July 6, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Weeds has not been good in years. If this was not already announced as it’s last season I would suggest we take it out behind the barn, tie it to a tree, and give it a mercy killing.

2. If you watch 2nd Watch or whatever it’s called on fallingskies.com they say that most likely we will see Weaver’s daughter again.

3. The Newsroom just isn’t Aaron Sorkin’s best work. All it seems to be, to me anyway, is a platform for him to rant about how much he hates America right now. We need less of that and more out of people with solutions, not complaints.

Comment by AJ – July 6, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “We need less of that and more out of people with solutions, not complaints.”

If you feel that way, how pointless is it to be on message boards? ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – July 6, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 14. I’ve never seen Alphas, but I could see her playing Jasmine. And yeah hopefully they’ll add some more princes too. Although I doubt Josh Dallas is upset about being surrounded by so many beautiful women (including his girlfriend)

Comment by Addie – July 6, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AJ /cm punk/ Daniel Bryan storyline is the best thing going on. I wish I could say the same for the rest of the show.

Comment by Caitlin – July 6, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 14. How about instead of casting a random prince, OUAT brings back the Huntsman?

Comment by Ashley – July 6, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously, it’s done. He’s dead

Comment by Jen – July 6, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not in Fairy Tale World he isn’t :)

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – July 6, 2012 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You know Fairy Tale Land is just flashbacks, right? The current time period is Storybrooke and Graham is dead now in the present day. He might appear in flashbacks but not anytime else

Comment by Jen – July 7, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I know. That’s what I meant. After all, Ashley said Huntsman NOT Sheriff Graham. So we can still see the Huntsman in the flashbacks to Fairy Tale World even if his Storybrooke counterpart is dead. More of that would be great.

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – July 7, 2012 09:15 AM PDT
  • 2. I knew that she wasn’t going to stick around from the moment they first showed her reunion with Weaver. No teenage girl on this planet would call her father “Dad” in that situation. No matter how bad their relationship was, at the end of the world any teenage girl reunited with their father after thinking him dead would still revert to childhood and call him “Daddy”.

Comment by Regal – July 6, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Weeds: The armchair critic in me thinks “well, that’s kind of like the ending of an HBO series where the main character has many high-profile, powerful enemies and the person who finally takes said character down is an “average Joe” that feels they [understandably] were hurt by this person along the way. However, I actually liked that this is where Weeds took it. “Actions have consequences” and all that…

Comment by Winnie – July 6, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2. That reunion really did come out of nowhere, it would have been a cool way to introduce a new regular character. And there is neverending harness grossness here. (not mine, hope the maker doesn’t mind)

14. Whenever they cast Jasmine, an Aladdin can’t be too far behind. I think the problem is that so many Disney princes are basically the same (bland) person, the best male characters are villains.

Comment by Elke – July 6, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 7. So glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed the great chemistry between Blake and Nellie. I really hope the producers will let them do more together and let them both guest on glee. They could get a great storyline out of them.

Comment by Alexandra – July 6, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I noticed it too. It was off-the-charts insane. I know it’s early in the competition, and they don’t wanna tip their hat, but wow ….. they were fantastic together.

Comment by KenBud – July 7, 2012 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awkward is just a great show period…a mix of Daria and My so called life..for a new generation.

Comment by Jared – July 6, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. I don’t watch the Glee Project but I went on YouTube to watch the song you talked about it, and yes. I want them both on Glee as love interests.
    And yes!!! I always alternate between Matty and Jake anyway, I think I was Team Jake the first episode and Team Matty the second. I’m so happy he apologised and realised what he had done to Jenna when they were together.

Comment by Lauren – July 6, 2012 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #6 Anytime I can have CM Punk and Daniel Bryan on screen I’m a happy chick. And throw in this psychotic nerd come Psycho AJ, its all very soapy. Its why I got into wrestling 22 years ago. But I also know who’s The Best in the World. YES!

Comment by Rosie (@saxyroro) – July 6, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The gunman on Weeds was a surprise, and a little random, but we all knew that kid had some issues a long time ago. To all the haters of Weeds, boo on you! I love Mary Louise Parker as Nancy, but I’m still missing Heylia, Conrad and especially Celia.

Comment by Me – July 7, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8. I noticed that Jesse Metcalf and Josh Henderson were alternating episodes as the top billed star. I find it interesting because I’ve never seen that before. I wonder why they are doing that. Maybe some kind of compromise if they were both looking to be top billed?

Comment by AJ – July 7, 2012 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um, pro-wrestling has ALWAYS been a soap opera. Where have you been?

Comment by Khorrie – July 8, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 7. hopefully yes. theyre amazing

Comment by dilia – July 8, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Can we sign that kid up to come back and shoot Jill. Hate her!

Comment by Magically Suspicious – July 9, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post