Hot for Summer: 100 Premiere Dates and More!

July 2012: Save the Dates!

SUNDAY, JULY 1
10 pm Weeds (Showtime)
10:30 pm Episodes (Showtime)

MONDAY, JULY 2
11 pm Web Therapy (Showtime)

SUNDAY, JULY 8
7 pm Mega Mansions (Travel) | An exclusive look at some of America’s most iconic, open-to-the-public mansions.
8 pm Xtreme Waterparks (Travel) | You know they mean it, ’cause they left the “e” off extreme.
9 pm Insane Coaster Wars (Travel) | As a rule, I don’t watch any show with “Wars” in the title, but here I’ll make an Xception.

MONDAY, JULY 9
9 pm The Closer (TNT) | Final six episodes
10 pm Perception (TNT) | Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) plays an eccentric professor who assists a former student (Rachael Leigh Cook) now working for the FBI.
10 pm Bad Girls Club: Mexico (Oxygen)

TUESDAY, JULY 10
8 pm Destination Truth (Syfy)
9 pm White Collar (USA Network)
10 pm Covert Affairs (USA Network)
10 pm Paranormal Highway (Syfy) | Sam and Dean Winchester Jack Osbourne and Dana Workman investigate claims of paranormal activity along America’s remote back roads.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 11
9 pm Damages (DirecTV) | The fifth and final season.
9 pm Beverly Hills Nannies (ABC Family) | A docu-series following nannies in Beverly Hills. (Duh.)
10 pm Hit and Miss (DirecTV) | Original drama starring Chloe Sevigny (Big Love) as, you guessed it, a pre-op transsexual assassin.
10 pm The Franchise: A Season With the Miami Marlins (Showtime)

THURSDAY, JULY 12
9 pm Big Brother (CBS)
10 pm The Real L Word (Showtime)

FRIDAY, JULY 13
9 pm Can You Survive a Horror Movie? (Chiller) | A one-off special perhaps pegged to this date.

SATURDAY, JULY 14
10 pm George Lopez: It’s Not Me, It’s You (HBO) | Stand-up special

SUNDAY, JULY 15
8 pm Leverage (TNT)
10 pm Breaking Bad (AMC) | First half of final season
10 pm Political Animals (USA Network) | Six-part series about D.C. politicos and power players, starring Sigourney Weaver as a former First Lady, Adrian Pasdar as the new POTUS, plus a whole lotta other awesome actors. This summer’s can’t-miss series.

MONDAY, JULY 16
9 pm Eureka (Syfy) | Series finale. Tear.

THURSDAY, JULY 19
10 pm Sullivan & Son (TBS) | Successful corporate attorney takes over family bar. (There’s a “passing the bar” joke to make here, but it’s already mid-July and I’m spent.)

FRIDAY, JULY 20
10 pm Lost Girl (Syfy) | New time slot!

SUNDAY, JULY 22
8 pm Teen Choice 2012 (Fox)
9 pm 3 (CBS) | In this unscripted series, three single women of different ages, life experiences and backgrounds meet share a common goal — to find true love. Click here, the show logo is kinda awesome.

MONDAY, JULY 23
8 pm Bachelor Pad (ABC)
9 pm Warehouse 13 (Syfy)
10 pm Alphas (Syfy)

SELECT AUGUST HIGHLIGHTS: Hell on Wheels (8/12, AMC), The Closer series finale (8/13, TNT), Major Crimes premiere (8/13, TNT), Boss (8/17, Starz), Copper (8/19, BBC America) and Face Off (8/21, Syfy)

1. Balaji K says:

Thanks for this list.

• Phil says:

I;m really enjoying the new show continuum, not mentioned here, its a futuristic time travel sort of
      like Terra Nova. Waiting til June 17 for Fallen skies, alien invasion show which has Carter from E.R., good acting all around.

2. Liz says:

I can’t wait for Pretty Little Liars and Drop Dead Diva to return. I’m also very curious about Saving Hope. I wish they were premiering sooner, I need something to hurry up and take my mind off of The Vampire Diaries, Revenge, and Once Upon a Time this summer or else it will drag on forever.

3. MJ says:

Thank you so much for this list.

2 Things I didn’t see that probably nobody but me cares about are:

Monday 5/28 – Extreme Couponing (TLC @ 10PM)
    Tuesday 5/29 – HGTV Design Star (HGTV @ 9PM)
    Tuesday 7/31 – HGTV Design All Stars (HGTV @ 9PM)

4. Lorie says:

Matt, thanks a bunch for the list! Summers are now almost as busy as the fall. I don’t have the best memory, so I have to write down all of the premiere dates. Can’t miss my summer shows!

5. Renee says:

Thanks for this. I have to set the DVR for The National Memorial Day Concert. It is ALWAYS one of the most moving events I’ve ever witnessed.

6. TW says:

Meant to say-Looks like Glenn Close not Streep (as the caption shows).

7. Lila says:

Tia &Tamara? Tori & Dean?

8. stevie says:

Is Damages listed? I see Glen Close, but no Damages date?

9. stevie says:

ah… spoke too soon. JUNE/ JULY calendars. Sorry.

10. portiaslegacy says:

There is a show called Saving Hope? Isn’t that a little too close in the title to Raising Hope? Well they sound like they have nothing in common.

Looking forward to more PLL, even though the last finale suffered from case of “we make this episode special” syndrome and relied too much on Psycho shout outs. I’m also really looking forward to Bunheads especially since seeing the pilot.

11. the miniseries Hatfields & McCoys on May 28, 29, & 30 will be on the History channel

12. Meg says:

LOL at Single Ladies still being on VH1. That show is so bad.

• smidnite says:

Uhhhh…As opposed to 99.44% of VH-1 programming?

• Meg says:

Most of the shows are “reality” TV. This is scripted. Ba acting, bad writing, and their female lead (Stacey Dash) isn’t returning. I’m just surprised VH1 is willing to pay for another season.

13. Brian says:

Mistakes: Tosh.0 is on at 10pm, not 11pm. Hatfield & McCoys, not sure who unless Bill changed his name, pretty sure the star isn’t Bruce Paxton.

14. SVClois says:

Can’t wait for Saving Hope and Royal Pains :D

15. Saving Hope looks okay although the promo was very annoying. The promo was on like a million times during the award show the past week.

16. Blue says:

Mob Wives Chicago, 6/10, VH1

17. Julie says:

Can’t open the calendar :/

18. Ines says:

Thanks Matt, without you I wouldn’t find out about The Newsroom. Just saw the trailer and looks great. And since I’ll be watching all the West Wing episodes I have on my DVR, it’s a Aaron Sorkin summer for me :)

19. Brinda says:

Thank you for the list. But any clue when the lying game is returning?

20. I believe that the last episode of Game of Thrones is on June 3rd, that show might merit a special mention.

21. Jesse says:

So excited for Saving Hope!

22. AB says:

Thanks for the list, Matt. I had no idea there was so much bad tv out there ;) But at least now I can pick out the few gems that are worth watching (I hope) – Breaking Bad, Hatfield & McCoys, …
    er, that’s it.

23. Neuromama says:

What about Dance Moms and Teen Mom?

• JJ says:

People really watch those?

• smidnite says:

Oh, come on; can these be any worse than the sorry likes of Tori Spelling, Bristol Palin and Kendra?

• just saying says:

Dance Moms is about mothers exploiting their children by letting them be taught by a disgustingly nasty (in attitude) she beast. There’s nothing redeeming about that. And I took dance classes and know people who are professionals in the dance world. You don’t have to take your kid to someone who has her dress like a vegas stripper and calls you and the other mothers curse words screaming at the top of the lungs in front of kids under the age of 10. just disgusting. No, that is nothing like Tori’s show. Bristol? I don’t know what her show is but I’m sure it’s a waste of video. Kendra, i have no interest in, either. Re: Teen Mom- yes, that show is despicable as well. I’ve actually read comments from teens who takled about how they wouldn’t mind getting pregnant now, because now they could try to get on MTV. Is it really educating kids about the hardships of being a pregnant teen and dissuading them from unprotected sex? NOT AT ALL. But it is giving these few girls that are on the show a bigger paycheck than kids that didn’t get pregnant and went to college. Shows you how twisted our society is, and how little value we truly place on “doing the right thing” and “being a good person”. Let’s face it, the bad guys win and the good guys lose most of the time. sigh…

• smidnite says:

Yes, it is kind of like Tori, who (along with a dozen other “celebrity” moms including Bristol who’s show is called Life’s a Tripp) exploits her small children by putting them on reality TV to make up for their own lack of talent.

• Meg says:

Dance Moms is one of the highest rated shows on Lifetime

24. Dan says:

Thanks Matt for this awesome list. Any word on when Hotel Hell is premiering? I know it keeps getting bumped, but last I heard it was still going to premiere sometime this summer.

25. Jones says:

Yay HankMed’s back!

26. Leah says:

So basically, as I only have broadcast TV, I’ll be watching nothing this summer. Pooo.

• jk says:

Plenty to watch – try Big Brother. That eats up 3 nights a week. Or read some books, rent a classic movie, take a swim, take a walk, plant a garden, volunteer at a animal rescue or hospital or nursing home. There is a lot you can do.

27. Jessie says:

Flashpoint? I thought there was one last season left?

28. Shana says:

Maybe I missed it but when is The Walking Dead premiering? Need more ZOMBIES!!!

29. Babybop says:

Wow, so many shows I’ve never heard of! SYTYCD I will be watching. I watch every season! Drop Dead Diva is also on my list. We’ll see if I add any new shows to my summer schedule…

30. Temis says:

The Walking Dead will be back in the fall.

31. Kristina says:

I love that there’s summer TV to look forward to :)

32. LIna says:

When is Switched at Birth starting?

33. cjeffery7 says:

HOLD THE PHONE – what is katee sackhoff in?????

34. Char says:

The Real World: St Thomas premieres on 27th June.

35. greysfan says:

Bring on Covert Affairs.

36. Mel. says:

I cannot wait for The Glades! Woohoo!! So excited!

37. Amanda says:

Thanks Matt. Wide net indeed. :) Do you happen to know though, about a premiere date for Haven? Or Flashpoint?

• Jessie says:

I had the same question. It looks like from the FB page, it will be in the fall. (see the banner pic)

38. marlena says:

nuvoTV has season 5 of Model Latina starting Memorial Day! I know it’s not a huge show, but it’s fun!

39. Natalie says:

This is one of the reasons I love this site: I was just wondering today when “The Closer” was coming back for its final episodes and wishing you guys had another helpful list like this out and voila! Thanks, Matt! :)

40. Magically Suspicious says:

What about Haven on SyFy?

41. Kate says:

Cant wait for Saving Hope! Michael Shanks and Erica Durance! yesss!

42. Joe R says:

I don’t see these mentioned:

Monday, 6/4 – The Real Housewives of New York City (Bravo, 9PM)
    Sunday, 6/10 – Mob Wives Chicago (VH1, 8PM)
    Tuesday, 6/12 – Teen Mom (final season) (MTV, 10PM)
    Sunday, 7/8 – Big Ang (VH1, ??)

43. Brendan says:

“9 pm Eureka (Syfy) | Series finale. Tear.”
    You’re damn right ‘Tear’…. First Chuck says goodbye in January, then House in May, and now Eureka is bidding us adieu as well. That’s a rough six months.

44. malie jean bingham says:

Saving Hope all the way,baby:)

45. Brandy says:

Drop Dead Diva, Rizzoli&Isels, Pretty Little Liars,Bunheads, Breaking Pointe, Bachelorette

46. Giovanni says:

Political Animals anyone?

47. bella says:

Canadian produced “Continuum” starring Rachel Nichols, Victor Webster and others premiers on Canadian channel “showcase” on Sunday May 27. Time travel, can’t wait (to that end I also hope syfy’s “rewind” gets picked up!). YAY!

48. Shaun says:

Glad w13 and Alphas is coming day after my bday!!I’m surprised White Collar is there,aren’t they a fall show?Happy for covert affairs,just got into it online lately.Love Masterchef too!!Pretty good summer.

49. Robin says:

Thanks for this! I probably would have missed Design Star had it not been included! Looking forward to a few things for sure.

50. Unless it hasn’t been updated, Syfy’s website says that the Eureka series finale will air on June 25th. That would be the 10th episode. Is there going to be an 11th?