Hot for Summer: 100 Premiere Dates and More!

Now that May sweeps has swept on by and the “in-season” TV season has passed … well, don’t put down that remote just yet. Not by a stretch. Because it is time to (So You Think You Can) Dance, solve more White Collar crimes, taunt those Pretty Little Liars, return to Dallas, Suits up, play with some Political Animals, say farewell to Eureka and more.

Here are more than 100 dates, from series premieres (shown in blue, with a brief summary) to returning faves, with a few finales and specials thrown in.

Preemptive P.S. My calendar-making skills are not infallible, so if you spot something that is missing, drop a note in Comments and I’ll make updates as warranted. But really, I cast an atypically wide net this go-round, so if it’s not here, it’s, like, the 37th iteration of a cupcake show or exploitainment TV.

May 2012: Save the Dates!

THURSDAY, MAY 24
8/7c Duets (ABC) | Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Robin Thicke and Jennifer Nettles mentor and sing along with aspiring recording artists, in this new competition series.
8 pm So You Think You Can Dance (Fox)
8 pm On the Fly (TLC) | A behind-the-scenes look at the modern air travel experience.
10 pm Rookie Blue (ABC) | Get Season 3 preview!
10 pm Men at Work (TBS) | Four buds work at a magazine. (Get details.)
10 pm Tattoo School (TLC) | Wannabe inkers study at the World’s Only Tattoo School in Shreveport, La.

FRIDAY, MAY 25
10 pm Insane or Inspired? (Syfy) | Weekly countdown of the craziest and most exciting viral videos.

SATURDAY, MAY 26
8 pm How to Be a Gentleman (CBS) | Burn-off time!
9 pm Supershark (Syfy) | TV-movie; though I like to think all sharks are super.

SUNDAY, MAY 27
8 pm The National Memorial Day Concert (PBS) | Hosted by Gary Sinise and Joe Mantegna
9 pm Shadow of Fear (Lifetime) | TV-movie; Will Estes (Blue Bloods) stalks Amanda Righetti (The Mentalist)

MONDAY, MAY 28
8 pm Basketball Wives (VH1) | Season 4 finale
9 pm Hatfields & McCoys (History) | Three-night miniseries starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton (Big Love).
9 pm Hemingway & Gellhorn (HBO) | TV-movie about the love affair between literary master Ernest Hemingway (Clive Owen) and war correspondent Martha Gellhorn (Nicole Kidman).
9 pm Cake Boss (TLC)
9 pm Gene Simmons’ Family Jewels (A&E)
9 pm Single Ladies (VH1)

TUESDAY, MAY 29
9 pm HGTV Design Star (HGTV)
10 pm Tosh.0 (Comedy Central)
10:30 pm Workaholics (Comedy Central)
8 pm The Catalina (The CW) | Hang with the young, wild staff of The Catalina hotel in Miami’s South Beach.
9 pm Road Trip With G. Garvin (Cooking) | Chef Gerry Garvin explores the country’s best eats.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 30
8 pm Dogs in the City (CBS) | Dog guru Justin Silver resolves issues between canines and their owners.
8 pm Melissa & Joey (ABC Family)

THURSDAY, MAY 31
8 pm Breaking Pointe (The CW) | A look inside the elite Salt Lake City Ballet Company, Ballet West.
10 pm Mountain Men (History) | Three men devote their lives to survival in its simplest form. Yep, no wi-fi.

CLICK HERE FOR JUNE CALENDAR

Pages: 1 2 3

Comments (137)

• Thanks for this list.

Comment by Balaji K – May 24, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I;m really enjoying the new show continuum, not mentioned here, its a futuristic time travel sort of
      like Terra Nova. Waiting til June 17 for Fallen skies, alien invasion show which has Carter from E.R., good acting all around.

Comment by Phil – June 8, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WHEN DID CONTINUUM START&WHAT NETWORK IS IT ON??

Comment by cynsaks – June 21, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s on the Canadian channel “Showcase” and it started on May 27, 2012.

Comment by Balaji K – July 3, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Showcase! Trailer Park Boys was on that channel! I’ll check it out just because of that!

Comment by Lord Stirling – August 10, 2012 09:04 AM PDT
  • I can’t wait for Pretty Little Liars and Drop Dead Diva to return. I’m also very curious about Saving Hope. I wish they were premiering sooner, I need something to hurry up and take my mind off of The Vampire Diaries, Revenge, and Once Upon a Time this summer or else it will drag on forever.

Comment by Liz – May 24, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Teen Wolf!!

Comment by Anonymous – May 24, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Second that! Teen Wolf.
        Plus Pretty Little Liars and The Glee Project.
        Wow, I need to pick more series to watch!

Comment by Leo – May 24, 2012 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! I love all of those shows too.

Comment by Kay – June 18, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you so much for this list.

2 Things I didn’t see that probably nobody but me cares about are:

Monday 5/28 – Extreme Couponing (TLC @ 10PM)
    Tuesday 5/29 – HGTV Design Star (HGTV @ 9PM)
    Tuesday 7/31 – HGTV Design All Stars (HGTV @ 9PM)

Comment by MJ – May 24, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, thanks a bunch for the list! Summers are now almost as busy as the fall. I don’t have the best memory, so I have to write down all of the premiere dates. Can’t miss my summer shows!

Comment by Lorie – May 24, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for this. I have to set the DVR for The National Memorial Day Concert. It is ALWAYS one of the most moving events I’ve ever witnessed.

Comment by Renee – May 24, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Meant to say-Looks like Glenn Close not Streep (as the caption shows).

Comment by TW – May 24, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Remedied.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 24, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tia &Tamara? Tori & Dean?

Comment by Lila – May 24, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …And folks get on me for watching Dance Moms… (June 5) ;-)

Comment by smidnite – May 24, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tia & Tamera: Monday, June 11 at 8 p.m. (EST) on STYLE
      I can’t find anything on Tori and Dean.

Comment by Jacqi – May 24, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Damages listed? I see Glen Close, but no Damages date?

Comment by stevie – May 24, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • July 11th. Ctrl + F is your friend. : )

Comment by BtG – May 24, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ah… spoke too soon. JUNE/ JULY calendars. Sorry.

Comment by stevie – May 24, 2012 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha and looks like I posted my response before looking one post down. My bad. Sorry.

Comment by BtG – May 24, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is a show called Saving Hope? Isn’t that a little too close in the title to Raising Hope? Well they sound like they have nothing in common.

Looking forward to more PLL, even though the last finale suffered from case of “we make this episode special” syndrome and relied too much on Psycho shout outs. I’m also really looking forward to Bunheads especially since seeing the pilot.

Comment by portiaslegacy – May 24, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Saving Hope has Erica Durance and Michael Shanks!

Comment by smidnite – May 24, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Saving Hope? Raising Hope? Saving Grace?

Hmm, Someone has got tomake a Raising Grace!

Comment by Jk – May 24, 2012 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the miniseries Hatfields & McCoys on May 28, 29, & 30 will be on the History channel

Comment by Taelor GitMunny Rye – May 24, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL at Single Ladies still being on VH1. That show is so bad.

Comment by Meg – May 24, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Uhhhh…As opposed to 99.44% of VH-1 programming?

Comment by smidnite – May 24, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Most of the shows are “reality” TV. This is scripted. Ba acting, bad writing, and their female lead (Stacey Dash) isn’t returning. I’m just surprised VH1 is willing to pay for another season.

Comment by Meg – May 24, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistakes: Tosh.0 is on at 10pm, not 11pm. Hatfield & McCoys, not sure who unless Bill changed his name, pretty sure the star isn’t Bruce Paxton.

Comment by Brian – May 24, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amended!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 24, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Saving Hope and Royal Pains :D

Comment by SVClois – May 24, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Re: SAVING HOPE: I “hope” you are a fan of lens flares ;)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 24, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saving Hope looks okay although the promo was very annoying. The promo was on like a million times during the award show the past week.

Comment by Linds (@Lwass007) – May 24, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mob Wives Chicago, 6/10, VH1

Comment by Blue – May 24, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t open the calendar :/

Comment by Julie – May 24, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matt, without you I wouldn’t find out about The Newsroom. Just saw the trailer and looks great. And since I’ll be watching all the West Wing episodes I have on my DVR, it’s a Aaron Sorkin summer for me :)

Comment by Ines – May 24, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for the list. But any clue when the lying game is returning?

Comment by Brinda – May 24, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Winter 2012.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 24, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Show Star Alexandra Chando said S2 would premier January 2013.

I know, it’s too long a wait!

Comment by portiaslegacy – May 24, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe that the last episode of Game of Thrones is on June 3rd, that show might merit a special mention.

Comment by Michael Sacal – May 24, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for Saving Hope!

Comment by Jesse – May 24, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the list, Matt. I had no idea there was so much bad tv out there ;) But at least now I can pick out the few gems that are worth watching (I hope) – Breaking Bad, Hatfield & McCoys, …
    er, that’s it.

Comment by AB – May 24, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Dance Moms and Teen Mom?

Comment by Neuromama – May 24, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People really watch those?

Comment by JJ – May 24, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, come on; can these be any worse than the sorry likes of Tori Spelling, Bristol Palin and Kendra?

Comment by smidnite – May 24, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Dance Moms is about mothers exploiting their children by letting them be taught by a disgustingly nasty (in attitude) she beast. There’s nothing redeeming about that. And I took dance classes and know people who are professionals in the dance world. You don’t have to take your kid to someone who has her dress like a vegas stripper and calls you and the other mothers curse words screaming at the top of the lungs in front of kids under the age of 10. just disgusting. No, that is nothing like Tori’s show. Bristol? I don’t know what her show is but I’m sure it’s a waste of video. Kendra, i have no interest in, either. Re: Teen Mom- yes, that show is despicable as well. I’ve actually read comments from teens who takled about how they wouldn’t mind getting pregnant now, because now they could try to get on MTV. Is it really educating kids about the hardships of being a pregnant teen and dissuading them from unprotected sex? NOT AT ALL. But it is giving these few girls that are on the show a bigger paycheck than kids that didn’t get pregnant and went to college. Shows you how twisted our society is, and how little value we truly place on “doing the right thing” and “being a good person”. Let’s face it, the bad guys win and the good guys lose most of the time. sigh…

Comment by just saying – May 24, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes, it is kind of like Tori, who (along with a dozen other “celebrity” moms including Bristol who’s show is called Life’s a Tripp) exploits her small children by putting them on reality TV to make up for their own lack of talent.

Comment by smidnite – May 24, 2012 02:18 PM PDT
      • Dance Moms is one of the highest rated shows on Lifetime

Comment by Meg – May 24, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That is depressing. I wish I didn’t know that.

Comment by MAS – May 24, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matt for this awesome list. Any word on when Hotel Hell is premiering? I know it keeps getting bumped, but last I heard it was still going to premiere sometime this summer.

Comment by Dan – May 24, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Fox is waiting for Travel Channel’s Hotel Impossible to end.

Comment by smidnite – May 24, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay HankMed’s back!

Comment by Jones – May 24, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So basically, as I only have broadcast TV, I’ll be watching nothing this summer. Pooo.

Comment by Leah – May 24, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Plenty to watch – try Big Brother. That eats up 3 nights a week. Or read some books, rent a classic movie, take a swim, take a walk, plant a garden, volunteer at a animal rescue or hospital or nursing home. There is a lot you can do.

Comment by jk – May 25, 2012 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Flashpoint? I thought there was one last season left?

Comment by Jessie – May 24, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe I missed it but when is The Walking Dead premiering? Need more ZOMBIES!!!

Comment by Shana – May 24, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Traditionally TWD premieres in October aka fall aka a different calendar.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 24, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But…Zombies are UGLY and smell BAD! At least vampires are for the most part good looking…

Comment by smidnite – May 24, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, so many shows I’ve never heard of! SYTYCD I will be watching. I watch every season! Drop Dead Diva is also on my list. We’ll see if I add any new shows to my summer schedule…

Comment by Babybop – May 24, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Walking Dead will be back in the fall.

Comment by Temis – May 24, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that there’s summer TV to look forward to :)

Comment by Kristina – May 24, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is Switched at Birth starting?

Comment by LIna – May 24, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOLD THE PHONE – what is katee sackhoff in?????

Comment by cjeffery7 – May 24, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Real World: St Thomas premieres on 27th June.

Comment by Char – May 24, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OK, NOW we’re scraping!

Comment by smidnite – May 24, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring on Covert Affairs.

Comment by greysfan – May 24, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait for The Glades! Woohoo!! So excited!

Comment by Mel. – May 24, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matt. Wide net indeed. :) Do you happen to know though, about a premiere date for Haven? Or Flashpoint?

Comment by Amanda – May 24, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nuvoTV has season 5 of Model Latina starting Memorial Day! I know it’s not a huge show, but it’s fun!

Comment by marlena – May 24, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of the reasons I love this site: I was just wondering today when “The Closer” was coming back for its final episodes and wishing you guys had another helpful list like this out and voila! Thanks, Matt! :)

Comment by Natalie – May 24, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Haven on SyFy?

Comment by Magically Suspicious – May 24, 2012 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Later this year.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 24, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really, really miss Haven. Great show. I need my fix.

Comment by Velvet – June 19, 2012 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait for Saving Hope! Michael Shanks and Erica Durance! yesss!

Comment by Kate – May 24, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see these mentioned:

Monday, 6/4 – The Real Housewives of New York City (Bravo, 9PM)
    Sunday, 6/10 – Mob Wives Chicago (VH1, 8PM)
    Tuesday, 6/12 – Teen Mom (final season) (MTV, 10PM)
    Sunday, 7/8 – Big Ang (VH1, ??)

Comment by Joe R – May 24, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only Wives/Housewives show that mattered is gone…

Comment by smidnite – May 24, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “9 pm Eureka (Syfy) | Series finale. Tear.”
    You’re damn right ‘Tear’…. First Chuck says goodbye in January, then House in May, and now Eureka is bidding us adieu as well. That’s a rough six months.

Comment by Brendan – May 24, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saving Hope all the way,baby:)

Comment by malie jean bingham – May 24, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Drop Dead Diva, Rizzoli&Isels, Pretty Little Liars,Bunheads, Breaking Pointe, Bachelorette

Comment by Brandy – May 24, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I forgot Jane by Design

Comment by Brandy – May 24, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cake Boss, Design Star, Breaking Pointe, Glades, Drop Dead Diva, Hell’s Kitchen, Masterchef, Rizzoli & Isles, Dance Moms, Royal Pains, Saving Hope, Bunheads, Dallas, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, White Collar, Leverage, Project Runway (unspecified date in July)

Comment by smidnite – May 24, 2012 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • project runway? didn’t know about that this summer….hopefully with heidi and tim.

Comment by jk – May 25, 2012 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Now listed as “coming this summer” the original cast is supposed to return.

Comment by smidnite – May 27, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • According to the show’s Facebook page: July 19!

Comment by smidnite – June 14, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I haven’t liked any Drop Dead Diva epis thus far. Disappointed and thinking about axing it from my sched.

Comment by Velvet – June 19, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Political Animals anyone?

Comment by Giovanni – May 24, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Canadian produced “Continuum” starring Rachel Nichols, Victor Webster and others premiers on Canadian channel “showcase” on Sunday May 27. Time travel, can’t wait (to that end I also hope syfy’s “rewind” gets picked up!). YAY!

Comment by bella – May 24, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad w13 and Alphas is coming day after my bday!!I’m surprised White Collar is there,aren’t they a fall show?Happy for covert affairs,just got into it online lately.Love Masterchef too!!Pretty good summer.

Comment by Shaun – May 24, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • White Collar does a split season like most other USA/TNT shows.

Comment by smidnite – May 25, 2012 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah,but usually it’s a fall/spring split I think.I mean,season just finished.

Comment by Shaun – May 25, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think USA might be changing things up to accommodate newer programming coming later.

Comment by smidnite – May 26, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It did not “just finish.” I’ve been getting an ulcer for months thinking about that finale.

Comment by Kayla – May 29, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for this! I probably would have missed Design Star had it not been included! Looking forward to a few things for sure.

Comment by Robin – May 24, 2012 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unless it hasn’t been updated, Syfy’s website says that the Eureka series finale will air on June 25th. That would be the 10th episode. Is there going to be an 11th?

Comment by Michael Sacal – May 25, 2012 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post