What to Watch: The TVLine-Up for Friday

On TV this Friday: Shark Tank, Who Do You Think You Are?, NikitaGrimm and Supernatural end their seasons, TRON: Uprising makes its animated debut and more. In addition to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are seven programs to keep on your radar.

PREVIEW | Nikita Boss Teases a Major ‘Paradigm Shift,’ Death of a ‘Fan Favorite’ In Tonight’s Finale

8 pm Shark Tank (ABC) | Season 3 finale: The Sharks battle to “lock in” business with a man who invented a way to incorporate keys into cell phones; rapper Pitbull endorses a previous investment — “EZ VIP,” a website that sells VIP treatment at night clubs; and a young man from Texas invents an age-defying product inspired by his “cougar” girlfriend. (We can’t make this stuff up!)

8 pm Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC) | Season 3 finale: Paula Deen steps away from the fryer to fill in the gaps of her Southern family’s roots, uncovering her ancestors’ dark political past and shocking ties to the Civil War.

PREVIEW | Grimm‘s David Giuntoli Says Tonight’s Finale ‘Holds All the Answers,’ Teases Season 2

9 pm Supernatural (The CW) | Season 7 finale: With Dick Roman in the final phase of his plan, Dean and Sam must team up with Castiel, Bobby, Meg and Kevin to battle his mind games and defeat their smartest, toughest adversary yet. (Watch video sneak peek!)

9 pm Fairly Legal (USA Network) | During a mediation, a surprise witness pits Kate and Ben against Justin and District Attorney Davidson; Lauren helps a client get high — by purchasing an airline, of course. Breaking Bad‘s Betsy Brandt guest-stars.

9:30 TRON: Uprising (Disney) | Series premiere: Before its official June 7 premiere on Disney XD, check out this special prologue to the animated series, which is set between the original TRON film and 2010′s TRON: Legacy. The all-star lineup of voices includes Elijah Wood, Mandy Moore, Battlestar Galactica‘s Tricia Helfer, Pee-Wee Herman and TRON‘s Bruce Boxleitner, while Once Upon a Time creators/TRON: Legacy scribes Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz serve as producers.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: New Time Slots for CSI: NY, Nikita and Supernatural

10 pm Common Law (USA Network) | Wes and Travis are forced to bring Dr. Ryan on a ride-along as they investigate the death of a woman who fell from the balcony of her honeymoon suite. Marcus Giamatti (Judging Amy) and Joseph Lyle Taylor (aka Justified‘s Doyle Bennett) guest-star.

10 pm Magic City (Starz) | After Ike is caught in a lie, he is forced to strike a deal with Ben; Danny confronts Stevie about his affair and uses the DA to uncover blackmail; Klein shows Ike damning evidence; Meg refuses Ike’s offer.

Comments (27)

• Already have my popcorn ready for Nikita.

Comment by Jarrod – May 18, 2012 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nikita followed by Fairly Legal and finally ending the night with Common Law.

Comment by Luke – May 18, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My DirecTV listings show “TRON: Uprising” as airing on Disney Channel proper, not Disney XD. Regardless, my DVR is set up, and it wouldn’t be if I hadn’t read this article. Thanks!

Comment by Matt – May 18, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Correct; tonight’s prologue special is on Disney proper, while the series itself will air on Disney XD.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 18, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ohhhh! I forgot about this! My only issue is “Tron Legacy”‘s music gave me a migraine.

Comment by kim – May 18, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Uprising is much better, and a great show. I watched it with my son when it premiered online, and I was surprised how much better it was than Legacy.

Comment by Cash – May 18, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to Grimm.

Comment by Renee – May 18, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita and Supernatural

Comment by Morgan – May 18, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita and Supernatural. I’m thinking about watching Grimm once the first season ends but is it worth it?
    I really loved the show ‘Buffy’ so if it is similar, I would def watch it.

Comment by Obaaand – May 18, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grimm is worth it! It’s my favorite new show.

Comment by Lorie – May 18, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks. Will def watch it.

Comment by Obaaand – May 18, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is a good show, but like Buffy it’s having to grow into it. If you remember Buffy’s first 1/2 season…it wasn’t great. But Grimm is very enjoyable and does kinda remind me of Buffy and it keeps improving.

Comment by Renee – May 18, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita, Grimm, Farily Legal and Common Law. Good night of tv for me.

Comment by Justin – May 18, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a Grimm night for tv. Grimm, maybe I’ll check out Common Law.

Comment by rubytu – May 18, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita, Grimm & Real Time w/Bil Maher.

Comment by theresa – May 18, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for mentioning Fairly Legal!! This season is good, I’m becoming obsessed with this show! We NEED a season 3!!!

Comment by Jenna – May 18, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Grimm and Supernatural. There’s just something about good looking guys fighting monsters, I guess. (-:

Comment by Ace – May 18, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Already watched Nikita,it was great!!(Canada rules!!)So I’ll rent a movie then watch Grimm at 9.

Comment by Shaun – May 18, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll have to visit y’all sometime. (Since Canada rules. :-D)

Comment by Renee – May 18, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita.

Comment by G – May 18, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm.

Comment by Terri – May 18, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm season finale :)

Comment by Nick – May 18, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • High school graduation for me, not mine, a family members. :)

Comment by leahbh – May 18, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural finale was ok. Now to watch Grimm, DVR’d it.

Comment by typhoonred – May 18, 2012 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing tonight. Plans to go see BATTLESHIP.

Comment by bad kevin – May 18, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GRIMM was amazing last night! More people should watch it! Can’t wait for S2!

Comment by Lily – May 19, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post