What to Watch: The TVLine-Up for Sunday

On TV this Sunday: Once Upon a Time closes the storybook on its first season (bibbidi bobbidi boo!), a Sole Survivor is crowned, the Desperate Housewives get us in a lather one final time, Sherlock is “dogged” by a murder and more. We singled out nine programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Once Upon a Time (ABC) | Season 1 finale: Emma and Regina work together to save Henry, while Charming struggles to get to Snow White, who, unbeknownst to him, has just bitten into the Evil Queen’s poison apple. Jamie Dornan, Emilie de Ravin, Kristin Bauer and Sebastian Stan reprise their roles as the Huntsman, Belle, Maleficent and Jefferson. Read preview from the producers and Josh Dallas, and view photos.

8 pm Survivor: One World (CBS) | Two-hour season finale: As the first-ever all-female final five battle for the title of Sole Survivor, one castaway breaks down before the final Tribal Council. A live one-hour reunion special follows at 10 pm.

RELATED | TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back in the Fall? What’s a Goner?

9 pm Desperate Housewives (ABC) | In the two-hour series finale, it all boils down to this: Trip begs Bree to tell him what really happened the night of Alejandro’s murder as her trial begins to go south, while Gaby tries to come up with a solution that will save Bree; Katherine Mayfair (Body of Proof‘s Dana Delany) returns to offer Lynette a job opportunity — one that could end her chances of reconciling with Tom; the women agree to take care of Mrs. McCluskey when they learn she wants to die with dignity at home; Susan is at wit’s end when Julie goes into labor at an inopportune time; and bride-to-be Renee discovers that Ben has been thrown in jail. Hey, a poll!:

9 pm Game of Thrones (HBO) | Jaime meets a distant relative; Dany receives an invitation to the House of the Undying; Theon leads a search party; Jon loses his way in the wilderness; Cersei counsels Sansa.

9 pm Sherlock (PBS) | In “The Hounds of Baskerville,” Sherlock and Watson investigate a murder that occurred 20 years earlier, in which a son claimed his father was killed by a monstrous hound. I think someone has seen Hunger Games one time too many.

9:30 American Dad (Fox) | Season finale: When Stan catches Steve playing imaginary games with his toys, he decides to take his son down to Mexico to help him become a man. I think someone has seen Losin’ It one time too many.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to the First 31 Announced New Shows

10 pm  Mad Men (AMC) | Don becomes competitive! Roger seeks new business! Sally faces a challenge! And we can also reckon that Betty puts in another appearance, seeing as she’s in the promo and all.

10 pm The Borgias (Showtime) | Cesare deals with the cunning Sforzas decisively; a disguised Alexander travels to Florence to hear the preacher Savonarola, not realizing that Della Rovere is trying to recruit the rebellious holy man to his cause.

10:30 Girls (HBO) | Hannah decides to better her story by propositioning her boss — then later retreats to Adam, who has an unexpected new take on their arrangement. Meanwhile, Marnie and Charlie assess their relationship, and Jessa is determined to re-conquer an ex.

Comments (44)

• All AMC for me. The Killing & Mad Men. I’ll skip the series finale of Desperate Housewives.

Comment by bad kevin – May 13, 2012 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC night for me with OUAT and Desperate Housewives.

Comment by Liz – May 13, 2012 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FYI, Matt, it’s Bibbidi, Bobbidi Boo. Just sayin’. For me,tonight, it’s Once and Sherlock.

Comment by Templar – May 13, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Indeed; edited!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com – May 13, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ditto! Once Upon a Time and Sherlock!

Comment by Justina – May 13, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Huntsman is back!? Awesome!!! OUAT I can’t wait to watch you tonight!!!!

Comment by Julie (@CDNspnFAN) – May 13, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DH and OUAT.

Comment by Obaaand – May 13, 2012 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Survivor Sunday!

Comment by Owen – May 13, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The series finale of Desperate Housewives :( What will happen to the housewives after 8 years of murder, mystery, friendship & deaths? I can’t wait!!!

Comment by JC – May 13, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh my two (gorgeous) jaimes are back tonight ^^ me gusta : D

Comment by S. from A. – May 13, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT followed by Family Guy and American Dad, the midnight rebroadcast of “The Killing,” “Harry’s Law” on DVR and “Sherlock” via iTunes download in the morning.

Comment by Steven – May 13, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why not use the PBS app and watch Sherlock free? Just saying …

Comment by PBSfan – May 13, 2012 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because I already watched it for free on a pirate site when it aired in Britain. I’m willing to pay to keep it on my iTunes to support its awesomeness.

Comment by Steven – May 13, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t Dany already receive an invitation to the House of the Undying?

Comment by Petra – May 13, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have a feeling this may be more of a “if you want to see your dragons again …” sort of invitation. But I could be wrong there.

Comment by Fred – May 13, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DH finale tonight! So excited, can’t wait! :) . I’ll also watch Once, but tonight is all about DH!
    I’ll DVR Family Guy and The Simpsons for next week.
    But will I do when its done?? :( . Without DH, ABC will just become about Grey’s.. ughh

Comment by Michael – May 13, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT and Desperate Housewives, will DVR Survivor (I will just steer clear of Twitter and Facebook to avoid seeing the winner)

Comment by Ed – May 13, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT and DH!!! Can’t wait!

Comment by Lucy – May 13, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GOT!!!!!! Mad Men and Sherlock…..couldn’t keep up with OUAT but looking forward to it on DVD. Stopped watching DH years ago bleahh!

Comment by Stina Snow – May 13, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um its obvious isn’t it. Once Upon a Time and Desperate Housewives. ABC all the way. Start with one cracker of a finale before saying goodbye to my favourite ladies on Wisteria Lane.

Comment by greysfan – May 13, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once and then Sherlock for me.

Comment by Angie – May 13, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sad about Desperate Housewives ending after so long, I’ll miss it a lot. Also the great season finale of OUAT.

Comment by Juan – May 13, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The “crazy bananas” finale of OUAT (going to miss during hiatus!)
    Mythbusters (always when it is new)
    Celebrity Apprentice – at least enough to see who the final 2 will be. Clay and Aubrey?

Comment by Tanya (@kirads09) – May 13, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m watching everything on that list except American Dad and girls (awful show). Also plan to watch Veep, Nurse Jackie, the Killing, the Pitch. Thank goodness for DvR, on demand, and Hulu!

Comment by Jo – May 13, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once, DH. I’m gonna miss DH soo much.

Comment by Brandy – May 13, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I forgot to add Client List to what I’m watching

Comment by Brandy – May 13, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Client List?

Comment by Mack – May 13, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!!!!!!! I just hope we’ll get an satisfying end.. OUAT is also must watch tonight

Comment by JJ – May 13, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Survivor finale for me!

Comment by Becca – May 13, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Survivor. DVR Once Upon A Time, The Killing, Shannon Says and Sherlock. Catch on demand later Desperate Housewives & Girls. I’ll miss DH!!

Comment by theresa – May 13, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT and NYC 22 if it’s on….it’s not listed here either way….

Comment by Shaun – May 13, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once and Sherlock

Comment by Morgan – May 13, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh. Have to mention. DVRing Food Network Star. Simply to support Alton Brown because I love him.

Comment by Tanya (@kirads09) – May 13, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Hound of Baskervilles is one of the most famous Sherlock Holmes story. Why the hell are you trying to be funny by making this stupid, artificial link with Hunger Games?

Comment by vejnemojnen – May 13, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why the hell are you being so serious?

Comment by Isaac – May 13, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because he’s actually seen the BBC adaptation, perhaps, which actually does rather bring to mind the Hunger-Games “muttations,” since they take some liberties updating Conan Doyle.

Comment by Steven – May 13, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT, DH, The Killing, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Harry’s Law, Veep

Comment by rubytu – May 13, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Survivor with dad and Stepmom Putting Simpsons Family Guy and Of Course The awesome Once upon a time and DH on the DVR!

Comment by Josh – May 13, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon A Time, Sherlock, The Killing and Mad Men are what I’m watching tonight. :)

Comment by HappyMother'sDay! – May 13, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sunday is the best night of TV, hands down. I’ll be watching OUAT and Desperate Housewives live. DVR The Killing, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Veep, Girls, and Army Wives. Thankful for the later west coast HBO station!

Comment by Brit – May 13, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just OUAT for me.

Comment by Justin – May 13, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hooked on Desperate Housewives in its first few seasons, but then grew tired of it. I’ll be watching the finale though….we’ll see if I’m able to catch up after being gone for a few years.

Comment by blingedup – May 13, 2012 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DVR and watch tomorrow…the Killing, Mad Men, Borgias and Game of Thrones. Watch live: DH finale!!!

Comment by Sue – May 13, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look for Survivor to go down in the ratings. It should be ABC’s night.

Comment by Rjrtist – May 13, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post