Ratings: Fringe Ends Season With 14-Week High, Finder Farewell Up, CSI: NY and Boss Drop

Fox’s Fringe ended its penultimate season on Friday with 3.2 million total viewers — up 16 percent week-to-week and a 14-week high — and a 1.0 demo rating (up a tenth).

Of the night’s other finales, Fox’s cancelled The Finder (4.2 mil/1.1) inched up 4 percent and a tenth, Undercover Boss (5.8 mil/1.1) plunged 27 percent in the demo, CBS bubble drama CSI: NY (9 mil/1.2) dropped 20 percent in the demo and Blue Bloods (10.6 mil/1.3) slipped a tenth (yet was of course Friday’s most-watched program).

TVLine’s remarkably easy-to-use Renewal Scorecard can of course be found here, reflecting the flurry of moves made in recent days by ABC, The CW and Fox.

RELATED | Fringe Boss Talks ‘Quiet’ Finale, the Final Season’s ‘Huge Payoff’ and [Spoiler]‘s ‘Fate’

A few other notes….

* ABC’s newly renewed Shark Tank (5.5 mil/1.6) tied Primetime: WWYD for the night’s best demo rating.

* Renewed Nikita‘s penultimate episode (1.4 mil/0.4) added a few viewers, while Supernatural (1.7 mil/0.7) was flat.

RELATED | Nikita Cliffhanger: Maggie Q Reveals What’s Next!

* NBC’s Grimm — one of the very first shows to be renewed this Upfronts season — was down 6 and 14 percent to 4.5 mil/1.2.

What were you watching this Friday?

1. bad kevin says:

The season finale of FRINGE continues to blow everybody away and I can’t wait the upcoming final season. Hate to wonder if CSI; NY is on the brink of cancellation now that the season is over.

• jenna says:

agreed, I’ve always loved the observer storyline and can’t wait for season 5!

• AngelMoon Girl says:

I agree, Fringe last night was my most favorite yet! So exciting and climactic, plus I just loved the happy pregnancy ending between Peter/Olivia! Cannot wait for seasn five. I am happy we get a final season to wrap the last Observer storyline up and finally meet Etta, but at the same time, very sad!

2. TRICIA says:

The Finder was so good last night that it bummed me out.

3. Scott says:

I never thought I’d say this, but I wish The Finder would move to USA Network… I think it would fit in good there.

4. Kaa says:

I am not a huge fan of The Finder, but I think Fox made a mistake here. Last night’s episode was a nifty cliffhanger (which unfortunately, will never be resolved).

5. Patti says:

The Finder and Fringe were so amazing last night. I am really sad/upset about The Finder not coming back and now I wish Fringe had a full season for the final season cause it looks like it will be awesome.

6. Isaac says:

I find it interesting that Fringe was up and Grimm was down. I always thought having Fringe up against Grimm this season might’ve had affects on Fringe’s numbers.

7. 1mars says:

Excuse me, where were all these Finder fans during the season. If it was so good, why didn’t anybody watch it? Now they complain, FOX was right in cancelling it, it just couldn’t find an audience. Sad, but true.

8. sheila says:

i am ecstatic that fringe was renewed. the best damn show on tv. imaginative, thought provoking, intelligent & treats the viewer w/intelligence. just love this show. maybe they will get a full season but i’m happy they even went for 13 episodes next year. i guess its hard to compete w/such intelligent shows as the bachelor, bachelorette, undercover boss, that stay on tv for yrs

• Denver Military Dad says:

exactly! and I used to LOVE those Scenemaker pieces where they showed how all the special efx were done free the show was over. They were on the dvd too. Can Fox go ahead and give it the full royal treatment? It can’t be THAT expensive for a big time network like that – and a fan fav.

9. jasin says:

It’s funny to me to see some of these ratings that these shows are pulling in during sweeps and for finales, but yet Harry’s Law doubles Grimms ratings in veiwers and pulls abut the same demp and they are cancelled.

• smidnite says:

Isn’t Harry’s Law the number 1 or 2 NBC drama in terms of total viewers? Demo be damned!

• Renee says:

Yeah. The Finder beat Fringe in people AND demo, but The Finder is the one that was cancelled. Same network and same Friday night. But the one that does best is cancelled. Explain how that is fair or logical. Terra Nova had MUCH higher ratings, and was cancelled. I hate Fox.

• Diva says:

Renee, Terra Nova is expensive to shoot and the numbers they were getting were not worth the expense. Plus, Terra Nova and The Finder are new shows so they have to better than older ones. The norm is shows lose viewers every season. So if it starts out low, it will continue to get lower. Fringe is on its fourth season and in its first season, they were getting amazing numbers (until Fox moved them) so you really can’t compare Fringe to The Finder. Also, If I had to choose between a show I’ve been watching for 4 years to a show that just started midseason and only one of them could have closure, Fringe every time.

10. Jojo says:

CSI NY has been all over the place this season. It was on then off for weeks. No wonder people lost interest. Great show last night. Too bad it will probably be the last.

11. Megan says:

I think they should keep CSI NY.

12. tvaddict says:

One day I will learn not to watch interesting shows on Fox…they ALWAYS get cancelled before their time-Dollhouse, Wonderfalls, Firefly, Tru Calling, Arrested Development. It is truly a miracle that Fringe has lasted this long. After it is cancelled, the only shows I will watch on Fox will be New Girl & Raising Hope.

13. CBS would be REALLY stupid to cancel a show that brings them a 9mi adence on a friday night. Can’t they just see the numbers? Gathering up that ind of audience isn’t easy! CS:NY is AMAZING! Praying hard for it.

• Gretta says:

Me too! Gary Sinise is an awesome actor!!!

• Loves Her TV says:

Me to, big fan of this show, but CBS is not the network you want to have low demo’s on, I am really fearing for this show. IMOO I have loved this CSI more that the other two the last few years.

14. Charlotte says:

Blue Bloods was awesome last night.
    Gonna miss the Finder. It’d be great if USA picked it up!

15. Boiler says:

The one bad decision for me this year…The Finder. Don’t get Fox at all. Get rid of x factor

16. Margaret says:

I thought CSI: NY & Blue Bloods were both excellent last night. CSI: NY is at its best when they focus on the team, & having Mac get a little moment with each of the main characters (in his dream) was really beautiful. I hope they don’t cancel it, it’s been one of my favorite shows. And Blue Bloods was really great, I actually really liked the interactions between Jamie & Danny bc we got to see new sides of them, with Danny acknowledging that Jamie had always been closer to Joe & that he would like to work towards that type of relationship as brothers. Really glad that BB is coming back!

17. Georgina says:

I thought last night’s Grimm was a bore. It was the second to last episode of the season and they were still doing the monster of the week thing without touching on how the season would end. I hate it when shows leave everything to blow up only at the very last episode.

• Terri says:

True, but Juliette got out of the house! She did actual veterinary work! Thrills and chills right there, I’m telling ya.

18. Michael says:

There is NO better show on TV than Nikita and Fringe!

19. rubytu says:

I really want to know what happens next on the Finder! What a terrible place to end the show! That sucks

20. rubytu says:

Fringe was awesome. Leonard Nimoy — woohooo! That alone gets people to tune in! I heard something about Mork showing up next season? (Robin Williams, the big fan of Fringe). Hope it’s true. I wish syfy would pick this one up. They’ve done a lot of great shows. If it’s even possible, considering contracts and such things.

• Sue says:

Are you kidding? Leonard Nimoy not only looks horrible but sounds horrible, and appears to be lisping through his false teeth. I could barely stand him on Fringe.

• rubytu says:

Not a fan, eh? I think he’s wonderful!!! And so do millions of other fans….. Each to their own, as they say.

21. Loves Her TV says:

I loved CSI NY last night, feel so bad for the ratings. I guess this may be it for this series.

22. melinae says:

Call me ignorant if you want, but I will never understand the ratings thing.

23. TrulyRoxie says:

I will truly miss The Finder and will always wonder what would happen to everyone. I am SO sick of networks cancelling the shows that are quirky to add in more not funny comedies and/or reality tv. I have said it before and I’ll say it again – when Bones and Fringe are cancelled, I am DONE with network tv.

24. Kara says:

I’m so done with Fox! I will not start watching another show on FOX. After Bones and Fringe are over I’m over FOX! I really liked The Finder. Fridays episode was awesome!! It would fit in great on USA! They know how to make good shows and let them stick around.

25. Barb Foster says:

I can’t beleive they cancelled The Finder and left it how it ended. It really saddened me when I realized it was cancelled. tried to figure out how to complain to Fox but couldn’t find a way to do it on line.