Ratings: Fringe Ends Season With 14-Week High, Finder Farewell Up, CSI: NY and Boss Drop

Get More: Finales, Ratings

Fox’s Fringe ended its penultimate season on Friday with 3.2 million total viewers — up 16 percent week-to-week and a 14-week high — and a 1.0 demo rating (up a tenth).

Of the night’s other finales, Fox’s cancelled The Finder (4.2 mil/1.1) inched up 4 percent and a tenth, Undercover Boss (5.8 mil/1.1) plunged 27 percent in the demo, CBS bubble drama CSI: NY (9 mil/1.2) dropped 20 percent in the demo and Blue Bloods (10.6 mil/1.3) slipped a tenth (yet was of course Friday’s most-watched program).

TVLine’s remarkably easy-to-use Renewal Scorecard can of course be found here, reflecting the flurry of moves made in recent days by ABC, The CW and Fox.

RELATED | Fringe Boss Talks ‘Quiet’ Finale, the Final Season’s ‘Huge Payoff’ and [Spoiler]‘s ‘Fate’

A few other notes….

* ABC’s newly renewed Shark Tank (5.5 mil/1.6) tied Primetime: WWYD for the night’s best demo rating.

* Renewed Nikita‘s penultimate episode (1.4 mil/0.4) added a few viewers, while Supernatural (1.7 mil/0.7) was flat.

RELATED | Nikita Cliffhanger: Maggie Q Reveals What’s Next!

* NBC’s Grimm — one of the very first shows to be renewed this Upfronts season — was down 6 and 14 percent to 4.5 mil/1.2.

What were you watching this Friday?

Comments (52)

• The season finale of FRINGE continues to blow everybody away and I can’t wait the upcoming final season. Hate to wonder if CSI; NY is on the brink of cancellation now that the season is over.

Comment by bad kevin – May 12, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed, I’ve always loved the observer storyline and can’t wait for season 5!

Comment by jenna – May 12, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, Fringe last night was my most favorite yet! So exciting and climactic, plus I just loved the happy pregnancy ending between Peter/Olivia! Cannot wait for seasn five. I am happy we get a final season to wrap the last Observer storyline up and finally meet Etta, but at the same time, very sad!

Comment by AngelMoon Girl – May 12, 2012 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Finder was so good last night that it bummed me out.

Comment by TRICIA – May 12, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. :(

Comment by suzi – May 12, 2012 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was probably the best of the season. It sucks it won’t be back.

Comment by MB – May 13, 2012 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never thought I’d say this, but I wish The Finder would move to USA Network… I think it would fit in good there.

Comment by Scott – May 12, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have been saying that from the start. It seemed like a USA show. It would fit perfect with Psych, Burn Notice and the doctor show whose name I can’t think of right now. Glad I’m not the only one who thought that.

Comment by Beth P. – May 12, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I AGREE WITH SCOTT AND WOULD ADD TBS IF IT USA PASSED ON IT. IT IS A GOOFY BUT VERY LAUGHABLE SHOW.

Comment by Bernardo Lugo – May 12, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree finder belongs on USA

Comment by Shib – May 13, 2012 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not a huge fan of The Finder, but I think Fox made a mistake here. Last night’s episode was a nifty cliffhanger (which unfortunately, will never be resolved).

Comment by Kaa – May 12, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does anyone know the name of the song playing at the end of the episode? Thanks.

Comment by smidnite – May 12, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Finder and Fringe were so amazing last night. I am really sad/upset about The Finder not coming back and now I wish Fringe had a full season for the final season cause it looks like it will be awesome.

Comment by Patti – May 12, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find it interesting that Fringe was up and Grimm was down. I always thought having Fringe up against Grimm this season might’ve had affects on Fringe’s numbers.

Comment by Isaac – May 12, 2012 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excuse me, where were all these Finder fans during the season. If it was so good, why didn’t anybody watch it? Now they complain, FOX was right in cancelling it, it just couldn’t find an audience. Sad, but true.

Comment by 1mars – May 12, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or the ratings are BS and have been for awhile now.

Comment by Wes – May 12, 2012 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been watching all season, and I’m sure other fans have too. Fox stuck it on Friday, where it never would get a chance to find an audience. Even truer.

Comment by suzi – May 12, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They HAD to move it to Friday, as they HAD to move Bones to Monday in order to give Touch that prime spot.

Comment by smidnite – May 12, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been watching but I don’t have a Nielsen box so it doesn’t count.

Comment by Nichole – May 12, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched it every time it was on

Comment by karen – May 15, 2012 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Watched every week..agree with someone who said USA or TNT should pick up

Comment by SHIB – May 15, 2012 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am ecstatic that fringe was renewed. the best damn show on tv. imaginative, thought provoking, intelligent & treats the viewer w/intelligence. just love this show. maybe they will get a full season but i’m happy they even went for 13 episodes next year. i guess its hard to compete w/such intelligent shows as the bachelor, bachelorette, undercover boss, that stay on tv for yrs

Comment by sheila – May 12, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • exactly! and I used to LOVE those Scenemaker pieces where they showed how all the special efx were done free the show was over. They were on the dvd too. Can Fox go ahead and give it the full royal treatment? It can’t be THAT expensive for a big time network like that – and a fan fav.

Comment by Denver Military Dad – May 13, 2012 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s funny to me to see some of these ratings that these shows are pulling in during sweeps and for finales, but yet Harry’s Law doubles Grimms ratings in veiwers and pulls abut the same demp and they are cancelled.

Comment by jasin – May 12, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t Harry’s Law the number 1 or 2 NBC drama in terms of total viewers? Demo be damned!

Comment by smidnite – May 12, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah. The Finder beat Fringe in people AND demo, but The Finder is the one that was cancelled. Same network and same Friday night. But the one that does best is cancelled. Explain how that is fair or logical. Terra Nova had MUCH higher ratings, and was cancelled. I hate Fox.

Comment by Renee – May 12, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Renee, Terra Nova is expensive to shoot and the numbers they were getting were not worth the expense. Plus, Terra Nova and The Finder are new shows so they have to better than older ones. The norm is shows lose viewers every season. So if it starts out low, it will continue to get lower. Fringe is on its fourth season and in its first season, they were getting amazing numbers (until Fox moved them) so you really can’t compare Fringe to The Finder. Also, If I had to choose between a show I’ve been watching for 4 years to a show that just started midseason and only one of them could have closure, Fringe every time.

Comment by Diva – May 12, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI NY has been all over the place this season. It was on then off for weeks. No wonder people lost interest. Great show last night. Too bad it will probably be the last.

Comment by Jojo – May 12, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they should keep CSI NY.

Comment by Megan – May 12, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CBS will make a decision if CSI: NY does get renewed for Season Nine.

Comment by bad kevin – May 12, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Can someone translate that ^^^ for me? Because each time I read it, it appears to say nothing.

Comment by lauren – May 12, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Nope, can’t. I agree, makes no sense.

Comment by Cathy – May 12, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One day I will learn not to watch interesting shows on Fox…they ALWAYS get cancelled before their time-Dollhouse, Wonderfalls, Firefly, Tru Calling, Arrested Development. It is truly a miracle that Fringe has lasted this long. After it is cancelled, the only shows I will watch on Fox will be New Girl & Raising Hope.

Comment by tvaddict – May 12, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS would be REALLY stupid to cancel a show that brings them a 9mi adence on a friday night. Can’t they just see the numbers? Gathering up that ind of audience isn’t easy! CS:NY is AMAZING! Praying hard for it.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – May 12, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Gary Sinise is an awesome actor!!!

Comment by Gretta – May 12, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me to, big fan of this show, but CBS is not the network you want to have low demo’s on, I am really fearing for this show. IMOO I have loved this CSI more that the other two the last few years.

Comment by Loves Her TV – May 12, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blue Bloods was awesome last night.
    Gonna miss the Finder. It’d be great if USA picked it up!

Comment by Charlotte – May 12, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The one bad decision for me this year…The Finder. Don’t get Fox at all. Get rid of x factor

Comment by Boiler – May 12, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought CSI: NY & Blue Bloods were both excellent last night. CSI: NY is at its best when they focus on the team, & having Mac get a little moment with each of the main characters (in his dream) was really beautiful. I hope they don’t cancel it, it’s been one of my favorite shows. And Blue Bloods was really great, I actually really liked the interactions between Jamie & Danny bc we got to see new sides of them, with Danny acknowledging that Jamie had always been closer to Joe & that he would like to work towards that type of relationship as brothers. Really glad that BB is coming back!

Comment by Margaret – May 12, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought last night’s Grimm was a bore. It was the second to last episode of the season and they were still doing the monster of the week thing without touching on how the season would end. I hate it when shows leave everything to blow up only at the very last episode.

Comment by Georgina – May 12, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True, but Juliette got out of the house! She did actual veterinary work! Thrills and chills right there, I’m telling ya.

Comment by Terri – May 12, 2012 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is NO better show on TV than Nikita and Fringe!

Comment by Michael – May 12, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to know what happens next on the Finder! What a terrible place to end the show! That sucks

Comment by rubytu – May 12, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe was awesome. Leonard Nimoy — woohooo! That alone gets people to tune in! I heard something about Mork showing up next season? (Robin Williams, the big fan of Fringe). Hope it’s true. I wish syfy would pick this one up. They’ve done a lot of great shows. If it’s even possible, considering contracts and such things.

Comment by rubytu – May 12, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding? Leonard Nimoy not only looks horrible but sounds horrible, and appears to be lisping through his false teeth. I could barely stand him on Fringe.

Comment by Sue – May 12, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not a fan, eh? I think he’s wonderful!!! And so do millions of other fans….. Each to their own, as they say.

Comment by rubytu – May 12, 2012 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved CSI NY last night, feel so bad for the ratings. I guess this may be it for this series.

Comment by Loves Her TV – May 12, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Call me ignorant if you want, but I will never understand the ratings thing.

Comment by melinae – May 12, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will truly miss The Finder and will always wonder what would happen to everyone. I am SO sick of networks cancelling the shows that are quirky to add in more not funny comedies and/or reality tv. I have said it before and I’ll say it again – when Bones and Fringe are cancelled, I am DONE with network tv.

Comment by TrulyRoxie – May 12, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so done with Fox! I will not start watching another show on FOX. After Bones and Fringe are over I’m over FOX! I really liked The Finder. Fridays episode was awesome!! It would fit in great on USA! They know how to make good shows and let them stick around.

Comment by Kara – May 13, 2012 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t beleive they cancelled The Finder and left it how it ended. It really saddened me when I realized it was cancelled. tried to figure out how to complain to Fox but couldn’t find a way to do it on line.

Comment by Barb Foster – May 27, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post