TVLine Items: Final Best Friends and Gentleman Episodes to Air, Borgias Renewed and More!
First up, the Eye Network’s short-lived Gentleman (which was pulled from rotation back in October) will air two new episodes back-to-back on Saturday May 26 beginning at 8/7c. Meanwhile, NBC has slotted the final two installments of the recently-shelved BFF for Friday, June 1 from 8-9 pm.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Showtime has renewed its Renaissance drama The Borgias for a 10-episode third season, to bow in 2013.
• Rob Lowe has booked a role in Lifetime’s upcoming original movie Prosecuting Casey Anthony. The Parks and Recreation star will play Jeff Ashton, the Florida prosecutor in last year’s Caylee Anthony murder trial. Lowe also starred in the cabler’s ratings smash Drew Peterson: Untouchable earlier this year.
• William Mapother (Lost, Justified) will guest-star in the upcoming sixth season of Burn Notice, per The Hollywood Reporter, playing a “cold-blooded and emotionally detached” mercenary.
• Lifetime has ordered The June Carter Cash Story, with recording artist Jewel tapped to play the titular role. Big Love/American Horror Story alum Matt Ross, meanwhile, will portray music icon Johnny Cash.
• Starz has ordered to series Black Sails, an eight-episode pirate drama set 20 years prior to Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic novel Treasure Island. Michael Bay (Transformers) will executive-produce.
• AMC has given the green light to two scripted pilots: Low Winter Sun, a cop drama based on the award-winning British miniseries, with Criminal Minds‘ Chris Mundy attached to write and exec-produce; and the Untitled LaGravenese & Goldwyn Project, a legal thriller that centers on a District Attorney who uncovers new evidence in a major murder case. Richard LaGravenese (Water for Elephants) will write and exec-produce the project, while fellow EP Tony Goldwyn (Scandal) directs the pilot. Andrew Sugarman (Shopgirl) will also serve as co-executive producer.
• ABC Family’s new docu-series Beverly Hills Nannies is set to launch Wednesday, July 11 at 9 pm.
• Bravo has ordered a second season of Million Dollar Listing New York.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?