Bones First Look: Check Out the Movie Versions of Booth and Brennan

Fox’s Bones is going to the movies next Monday, and TVLine has a first look at Brennan and Booth’s big-screen alter egos — plus a flurry of other photos from the sure-to-be-marvelously-meta episode.

RELATED | May Sweeps/Finale Spoilers on Glee, House, Bones, Fringe and More!

“The Suit on the Set” revolves around the production of a movie written by Brennan and featuring the characters “Dr. Kathy Reichs” and “Special Agent Andy Lister.” The actors inhabiting those movie roles will be portrayed on Bones by Ashley Jones (The Bold and the Beautiful, True Blood) and Jordan Belfi (Entourage, this Thursday’s Grey’s Anatomy).

Dr. Kathy Reichs, of course, is the real-life forensic anthropologist/author upon whom Brennan and Bones are loosely based. Here, she apparently works for W.I.S.K. — the Washington institute of Science and Knowledge.

RELATED | Bones Scoop: Cyndi Lauper Returns for Twisty, Change of Pace Episode

Pay attention, and one of the photos suggests that the movie-within-the-TV show is being filmed on a very familiar lot. Cowabunga!

Comments (35)

• Nothing against the movie actors Booth and Brennan, they are attractive actors but they dont hold a candle to David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel.

Comment by 1mars – April 30, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree………..:)

Comment by Dave Lewis – April 30, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They actually cast the movie character, to look somewhat like the real Reichs, and more like the book Temperance. Andy, is a nod to the book Andrew. However, in my imagination, the book Andrew is played by Sean Bean!

Comment by znachki – April 30, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank God I’m not the only one. Every time I read the books I can just see David B. as Ryan. =]

Comment by kalamapolice – April 30, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Whats the book called

Comment by Zara – May 5, 2012 04:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • boy do I agree with you. there could never be a more perfect booth and bones than david and emily

Comment by Jackie – May 7, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree too.

Comment by Debbie Nelson (@debbie648) – May 14, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it looks like the castle set from Chuck! or maybe i just see it cause i miss that show too much…

Comment by receptionitis66 – April 30, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I see it too

Comment by Ali – April 30, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too i miss Chuck :(

Comment by miranda – May 1, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It does look like castle from Chuck! And I miss Chuck too :(

Comment by Georgina – May 1, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the fake Booth’s belt buckle looks like it says Cooky! LOL

Comment by Hyde – April 30, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey cool! Bones pretends its shooting on the FOX lot for the first time, when…that’s where their soundstages are. Nicely played.

Comment by Jay – April 30, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like they’re reusing the ‘Lab’ bar sets from Booth’s coma dream to me.

Comment by LaraG – April 30, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pulling for some reflection by the two of them that their whole thing they’ve got going on has been going on a long, long while. I’ve loved their being together this season, but I hope this episode lets them look back and say, “I was so nuts in love with you when we did x/y/z years ago, I couldn’t even think straight.”

Comment by O'Brien – April 30, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks like the Simpsons, to me!

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – April 30, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • me too. cowabunga dude!

Comment by Becca – May 1, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg, I can’t believe bones has done a movie episode just like the x files did. Damn bones has now really turned to crap now.

Comment by Marie – April 30, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thats exactly what i was thinking! Hollywood A.D! minus the hole crap thing!

Comment by Abbey – April 30, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do you know it will be crap, if you haven’t even seen the episode yet?

Comment by Jillian – May 1, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shhhhhhhhhhh. Don’t be such a downer.

Comment by sdfds – April 30, 2012 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow loved that photo of booth! sooo hot! :)

Comment by Patty – April 30, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Been waiting a long time for this episode…can’t wait till next week

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – April 30, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • okay here is my beef with bones right now I love everything except for one thing……………where the hell is wendell??? Bring back wendell and my life will be complete there has been daisy who I really dislike Clark who is better than daisy, and Finn who I adore but I miss wendell he was my love

Comment by Gisele Glen – April 30, 2012 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This isn’t the first time it’s missing. I noticed a few seasons ago he stopped wearing it all the time.

Comment by Lizzie – May 1, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On the Real-Booth picture, where the **** did his cocky belt go?!?!?!?

Comment by Marina – April 30, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If FOX could bring back Zack, or VNM, I’ll be great!!! VNM I can see with Angela or Cam, and Zack with Brennan or Hodgins. DON’T KILL ME PLEASE.

Comment by Daisy – May 1, 2012 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They cant bring back VNM because he’s dead…and Zack is MIA. Cocky went by-by when Booth was with Katherine and came back this season. He wore it when he’s at the jail and when Max starts to babysit Christine….idk if that says I stare at DB’s crotch too much but the man IS gorgeous!

Comment by Allie – May 1, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this episode remind anyone else of the X-Files movie episode that had Tea Leoni (David Duchovney’s real wife) playing Dana Scully and Garry Shandling playing Fox Mulder? It was Season 7, Episode 19 Hollywood A.D.

Comment by tvdiva – May 1, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andy is soooo Booth! And Kathy is sooooo Brennan! obviously!
    How much you wanna bet, one of the actor’s are gonna be the killer? :o
    I also think the stunt devil is dead and they wanna hired Booth.

Comment by Jessica – May 2, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post