Facing Nikita's 'Wrath': 7 Scoopy Bits From Tonight's Extraordinary Episode

Nikita‘s titular ass-kicker is known for keeping her emotions in check and being calm and self-assured in the face of adversity. Well, that’s all about to change.

Tonight’s episode, “Wrath,” (8/7c, The CW) finds our heroine captured and brutally tortured by an unhinged man from her past. It sounds dreadful, sure, but the result is one of the grittiest, most gripping hours of the show to date.

Here are 7 scoopy bits about the standout ep to tide you over until airtime.

• Remember when showrunner Craig Silverstein warned us of his plans to “start killing people off“? Well — Guardians aside — someone will die tonight, and while the loss is sad and surprising, it’s also kind of necessary. Any guesses?

• I was asked on Twitter earlier this week to describe the level of “Mikita” romance in “Wrath” on a scale of 1-10, and after watching the episode a second time I stand by my initial answer: it spans the whole scale. These two have had a rough go this season, and while the episode (which writer Albert Kim says is one “that the entire season has been building up to.”) certainly has some highs for Mikita, it also has some of the lowest lows we’ve ever seen. My advice: prepare yourselves for heartbreak, but don’t give up hope because these two certainly haven’t.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 52 Big Finishes — Including Nikita!

• Sure, we’ve seen explosions and torture scenes countless times on Nikita installments past, but never before has Maggie Q been given a chance to dig this deep and go to such a dark place as an actor. Translation: You may want to start prepping those “Emmy for Maggie Q” campaigns… Just sayin.’

• After having recently given fans some insight into Amanda and Nikita’s early days, the thriller offers us a brief but potent glimpse into the former dynamic between Percy and our leading lady. The final flashback scene between them is one of the most memorable of the episode, and really puts into perspective just how much of a “monster” — Nikita’s words, not ours — Percy is and always has been.

• If you’re a fan of the show’s non-romantic relationships, “Wrath” has something for you, too. Look for some really nice moments between Michael and Birkhoff, and Alex and Nikita (whose bond seems stronger than ever).

Nikita Exclusive: 24 Alum Suits Up as President

• Speaking of… The extremely patient Alex/Sean ‘shippers will be happy to hear that there are some subtle, sweet moments in “Wrath” as well.

•  Are any Nikita fans also former Buffy addicts? If so, listen closely to the music going into the commercial break about halfway through tonight’s episode. Is that score not straight out of Sunndydale?! It definitely brought me back to the Hellmouth.

Now that you know a little more about “Wrath”, how are you feeling? Hit the comments and fill us in!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Previews, Scoop

1. kavyn says:

I am SO excited for tonight’s episode. Unfortunately I won’t be able to watch it at 8pm due to my exams BUT I’m definitely catching it at 11. This show deserves it’s third season. Despite the low ratings it has a solid fanbase, more viewers than most shows on the CW and it works well with SPN.

2. I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) says:

I hope the death isn’t Birkhoff, but I have a feeling it might be. That would be so sad, for Nikita to lose her little Nerd. :( He’s the Nolan to her Emanda.

3. JD says:

This show is the only reason I love staying home on Friday nights! Praying for Season 3!!!

4. Oh, please, no Senator Madeline! It has been such a blast for the old La Femme Nikita fans, to have Alberta Watson in this show! Many haters were converted to love CW’s Nikita, others, at least, started to respect it as the good show it is, in its own.
    We would be heart broken if Sean loses her mother. And she promised a presidential pardon to Michael and Nikita!! Oh, please, not her! :/

• kavyn says:

Is she even in this episode?

• You are so right! If Madeline dies, we won’t care about any second of this show and personally I am going to be a hater (NO matter what they say!)! This is just (!) unrespectful (!) towards old fans to bring her here for killing AGAIN! Moreover, she is a link to previous show and killing this link is not good for old fans!
      Although I still have a very little hope all the spoilers and previews lied, even if I am the foolest person ever…

• EnL'air says:

+100!!! Agree with you all, guys! And your line about “disrespectful” towards old fans is absolutely TRUE! I have never been villain towards new show, and I am not going to be, but… I will surely stop watching!
        And unlike you I don’t have any hope – this is too obvious… ;((

5. Emmy for Maggie Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. omg im dying seriously! totally cant wait for tonight’s episode of Nikita!!!

7. Marci says:

I have a feeling it is Sean or his Mother Madeline that is being killed tonight and it will be a sad moment for Nikita and Alex. Shane also said at the interview in Chicago that Michael will be at a lost too.
    I’m just glad it’s not Roan I really like this guy and know he is taken as a Mean Terminator but he is trained to obey orders and nothing else. I was surprised they didn’t show Roan and Carla more together so she could turn him around again.

8. I agree with all of the above @AllAboutAlberta, I’ve had many fans tell me how they only gave Nikita a chance because Alberta Watson was in the show and then been converted because they actually enjoyed the story lines. Please don’t disappoint the old LFN fans by taking out Madeline.

9. Gabriela says:

Senator Madeline is definitely dying tonight.. :(…NIKITA FOR SEASON 3, EMMY FOR MAGGIE Q

10. jesse says:

Can’t wait!
    Nikita and Grimm and Fringe: 3 reasons for me to look forward to Friday nite TV.

11. Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca all deserve emmy noms for sure. As does the writing and direction. Bring on Season 3, CW.

12. Patricia says:

I really want to love this season but it’s been very hard. Michael and Nikita have become so boring they finally got together and now nothing I know they had to go through some rough times but enough already I need some spicy Mikita stuff. And Alex is just a bore. Last seas

13. llws says:

I am STOKED this episode better be everything! I’ve been waiting for this show to really dig deep and go super gritty!

14. Anthony says:

I am SO PISSED that Amanda isn’t in this episode! If anyone deserves an Emmy Award, it is Melinda Clarke (Amanda) for her stunning performance in episode 19 of season 2(Power). She LITERALLY made me tear up when she was arguing with Nikita and watching die. Melinda Clarke is by far the BEST actress on this show!

But since we are talking about THIS specific episode, I think Michael is going to die, it would cause a lot of buzz, drama and would make Nikita act out very differently then she normally would.
    If not Michael, then DIFFENTLY Madeline Pierce. If she dies, Division is still protected, if she doesn’t die, then Division is exposed and the show is over. Her death would be necessary for the show.

15. elli says:

yep, sean/alex moments <3 thank you :)

16. David says:

RENEW THIS SHOW!!!!!

17. angelstorm says:

Awesome ! Can’t wait !
    Come on CW . . . renew, renew, renew !!!

18. ndavika says:

So SO excited for tonight’s episode! God I love this show! It needs a Season 3 NOW!!!

19. Michael says:

RENEW NIKITA NOW. CW you don’t get a better show than this one

20. I hope it’s Sean they kill off.

21. Jorge Castro says:

This episode is one of the best yet. Xander Berkeley’s flashback scene with Nikita is haunting and this man certainly needs an Emmy. Any line given to him, even if its not a threat or a big reveal, he turns it into gold.

22. Mike says:

I say Madeline Pierce will be back in a future season as someone who was put into witness protection

23. oren k says:

this is the worst chapter of nikita ever . I have never seen such a stupid , empty and distasteful episode it all looks fake and unprofessional as far as acting and the story, so predictable..