Facing Nikita's 'Wrath': 7 Scoopy Bits From Tonight's Extraordinary Episode

Get More: Previews, Scoop

Nikita‘s titular ass-kicker is known for keeping her emotions in check and being calm and self-assured in the face of adversity. Well, that’s all about to change.

Tonight’s episode, “Wrath,” (8/7c, The CW) finds our heroine captured and brutally tortured by an unhinged man from her past. It sounds dreadful, sure, but the result is one of the grittiest, most gripping hours of the show to date.

Here are 7 scoopy bits about the standout ep to tide you over until airtime.

• Remember when showrunner Craig Silverstein warned us of his plans to “start killing people off“? Well — Guardians aside — someone will die tonight, and while the loss is sad and surprising, it’s also kind of necessary. Any guesses?

• I was asked on Twitter earlier this week to describe the level of “Mikita” romance in “Wrath” on a scale of 1-10, and after watching the episode a second time I stand by my initial answer: it spans the whole scale. These two have had a rough go this season, and while the episode (which writer Albert Kim says is one “that the entire season has been building up to.”) certainly has some highs for Mikita, it also has some of the lowest lows we’ve ever seen. My advice: prepare yourselves for heartbreak, but don’t give up hope because these two certainly haven’t.

Season Finale Guide: Get Exclusive Spoilers on 52 Big Finishes — Including Nikita!

• Sure, we’ve seen explosions and torture scenes countless times on Nikita installments past, but never before has Maggie Q been given a chance to dig this deep and go to such a dark place as an actor. Translation: You may want to start prepping those “Emmy for Maggie Q” campaigns… Just sayin.’

• After having recently given fans some insight into Amanda and Nikita’s early days, the thriller offers us a brief but potent glimpse into the former dynamic between Percy and our leading lady. The final flashback scene between them is one of the most memorable of the episode, and really puts into perspective just how much of a “monster” — Nikita’s words, not ours — Percy is and always has been.

• If you’re a fan of the show’s non-romantic relationships, “Wrath” has something for you, too. Look for some really nice moments between Michael and Birkhoff, and Alex and Nikita (whose bond seems stronger than ever).

Nikita Exclusive: 24 Alum Suits Up as President

• Speaking of… The extremely patient Alex/Sean ‘shippers will be happy to hear that there are some subtle, sweet moments in “Wrath” as well.

•  Are any Nikita fans also former Buffy addicts? If so, listen closely to the music going into the commercial break about halfway through tonight’s episode. Is that score not straight out of Sunndydale?! It definitely brought me back to the Hellmouth.

Now that you know a little more about “Wrath”, how are you feeling? Hit the comments and fill us in!

Tags: ,

Comments (37)

• I am SO excited for tonight’s episode. Unfortunately I won’t be able to watch it at 8pm due to my exams BUT I’m definitely catching it at 11. This show deserves it’s third season. Despite the low ratings it has a solid fanbase, more viewers than most shows on the CW and it works well with SPN.

Comment by kavyn – April 20, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the death isn’t Birkhoff, but I have a feeling it might be. That would be so sad, for Nikita to lose her little Nerd. :( He’s the Nolan to her Emanda.

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – April 20, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amanda.

Comment by dude – April 20, 2012 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Senator Madeline

Comment by lea – April 20, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nope, Emanda.It’s Emily/Amanda’s smushname on the forums I frequent. Similarly, the real Emily (Fake Amanda) is Amily.

Comment by I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) – April 20, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • the former CIA man Noah

Comment by jaynecobb2 – April 20, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • no, they said that if the show was renewed for a third season noah bean will be a series regular :)

Comment by luli – April 20, 2012 11:25 PM PDT
  • This show is the only reason I love staying home on Friday nights! Praying for Season 3!!!

Comment by JD – April 20, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, please, no Senator Madeline! It has been such a blast for the old La Femme Nikita fans, to have Alberta Watson in this show! Many haters were converted to love CW’s Nikita, others, at least, started to respect it as the good show it is, in its own.
    We would be heart broken if Sean loses her mother. And she promised a presidential pardon to Michael and Nikita!! Oh, please, not her! :/

Comment by Alberta Watson Fans (@AllAboutAlberta) – April 20, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is she even in this episode?

Comment by kavyn – April 20, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are so right! If Madeline dies, we won’t care about any second of this show and personally I am going to be a hater (NO matter what they say!)! This is just (!) unrespectful (!) towards old fans to bring her here for killing AGAIN! Moreover, she is a link to previous show and killing this link is not good for old fans!
      Although I still have a very little hope all the spoilers and previews lied, even if I am the foolest person ever…

Comment by FanaticoMaster (@FanaticoMaster) – April 20, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • +100!!! Agree with you all, guys! And your line about “disrespectful” towards old fans is absolutely TRUE! I have never been villain towards new show, and I am not going to be, but… I will surely stop watching!
        And unlike you I don’t have any hope – this is too obvious… ;((

Comment by EnL'air – April 20, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Too obvious to be true! :) I hope they wouldn’t spoil her death so openly if it was true. But it’s just me. I don’t know…

Comment by FanaticoMaster (@FanaticoMaster) – April 20, 2012 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think it is the former CIA man Noah?

Comment by jaynecobb2 – April 20, 2012 03:45 PM PDT
  • Emmy for Maggie Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by wanashahs (@wanansms) – April 20, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg im dying seriously! totally cant wait for tonight’s episode of Nikita!!!

Comment by wanashahs (@wanansms) – April 20, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling it is Sean or his Mother Madeline that is being killed tonight and it will be a sad moment for Nikita and Alex. Shane also said at the interview in Chicago that Michael will be at a lost too.
    I’m just glad it’s not Roan I really like this guy and know he is taken as a Mean Terminator but he is trained to obey orders and nothing else. I was surprised they didn’t show Roan and Carla more together so she could turn him around again.

Comment by Marci – April 20, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with all of the above @AllAboutAlberta, I’ve had many fans tell me how they only gave Nikita a chance because Alberta Watson was in the show and then been converted because they actually enjoyed the story lines. Please don’t disappoint the old LFN fans by taking out Madeline.

Comment by La Femme Nikita Channel @Section1RedCell – April 20, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Senator Madeline is definitely dying tonight.. :(…NIKITA FOR SEASON 3, EMMY FOR MAGGIE Q

Comment by Gabriela – April 20, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!
    Nikita and Grimm and Fringe: 3 reasons for me to look forward to Friday nite TV.

Comment by jesse – April 20, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agree. friday nite tv has the best shows on. nikita, supernatural, fringe & grimm

Comment by sheila – April 20, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • those shows make it hard to go out, especially Nikita and Fringe!

Comment by Miri – April 20, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca all deserve emmy noms for sure. As does the writing and direction. Bring on Season 3, CW.

Comment by SDS (@blueARQL) – April 20, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to love this season but it’s been very hard. Michael and Nikita have become so boring they finally got together and now nothing I know they had to go through some rough times but enough already I need some spicy Mikita stuff. And Alex is just a bore. Last seas

Comment by Patricia – April 20, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am STOKED this episode better be everything! I’ve been waiting for this show to really dig deep and go super gritty!

Comment by llws – April 20, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am SO PISSED that Amanda isn’t in this episode! If anyone deserves an Emmy Award, it is Melinda Clarke (Amanda) for her stunning performance in episode 19 of season 2(Power). She LITERALLY made me tear up when she was arguing with Nikita and watching die. Melinda Clarke is by far the BEST actress on this show!

But since we are talking about THIS specific episode, I think Michael is going to die, it would cause a lot of buzz, drama and would make Nikita act out very differently then she normally would.
    If not Michael, then DIFFENTLY Madeline Pierce. If she dies, Division is still protected, if she doesn’t die, then Division is exposed and the show is over. Her death would be necessary for the show.

Comment by Anthony – April 20, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Michael doesn’t die. Shane West has been filming follow up episodes.

Comment by SDS (@blueARQL) – April 20, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ooofff!! (mops forehead)

Comment by veronica collins – April 20, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yep, sean/alex moments <3 thank you :)

Comment by elli – April 20, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RENEW THIS SHOW!!!!!

Comment by David – April 20, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome ! Can’t wait !
    Come on CW . . . renew, renew, renew !!!

Comment by angelstorm – April 20, 2012 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So SO excited for tonight’s episode! God I love this show! It needs a Season 3 NOW!!!

Comment by ndavika – April 20, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RENEW NIKITA NOW. CW you don’t get a better show than this one

Comment by Michael – April 20, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Sean they kill off.

Comment by The Buskalo Kid – April 20, 2012 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode is one of the best yet. Xander Berkeley’s flashback scene with Nikita is haunting and this man certainly needs an Emmy. Any line given to him, even if its not a threat or a big reveal, he turns it into gold.

Comment by Jorge Castro – April 20, 2012 11:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say Madeline Pierce will be back in a future season as someone who was put into witness protection

Comment by Mike – April 20, 2012 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would be very happy, and, maybe will watch it again, but how is it possible? and why do you think so?=)

Comment by EnL'air – April 23, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post