USA Network Sets Return Dates for Covert Affairs, White Collar, Suits and Other Summer Fare

USA Network on Tuesday morning unveiled its annually sizzling summer line-up featuring new seasons of four longtime faves plus a pair of sophomore runs.

USA’s summer schedule kicks off Wednesday, June 6, with Season 4 of Royal Pains (at 9/8c) and Season 2 of Necessary Roughness (10 pm), starring Golden Globe nominee Callie Thorne.

Drop Dead Diva Actor Joins Royal Pains Season 4

Exclusive: Necessary Roughness Recruits Friday Night Lights Alum For Major Arc

The following week, on Thursday, June 14, Burn Notice returns for Season 6, leading into the second season of Suits (starring Gabriel Macht and SAG Award nominee Patrick J. Adams).

Burn Notice Casting Exclusive: [Spoiler] Will Return

Casting News: Justified Scene-Stealer Suits Up

Come Tuesday, July 10, White Collar serves up new Season 4 capers (kicking off with the matter of on-the-lam Neal), followed by Covert Affairs Season 3.

White Collar Exclusive: Alias Alumna Mía Maestro Cast as [Spoiler]

Covert Affairs Exclusive: Will a One Tree Hill Beauty Get Inside Auggie’s Head?

Also on tap for USA this summer is Political Animals, a Washington, D.C.-set miniseries penned by Greg Berlanti and Lawrence Mark and starring the likes of Sigourney Weaver, Carla Gugino, James Wolk (Lone Star) and Sebastian Stan (Gossip Girl).

Which of USA’s summertime series are you most looking forward to?

Comments (51)

• June 14 – Burn Notice returns! Music to my ears. The best of the lot!

Comment by kirads09 – April 17, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • July 10 is too far away for White Collar. Let’s have it now, please.

Comment by Morgan – April 17, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed – even NOW has been too long to wait for Neal and Peter :-)

Comment by rainey13 – April 17, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you!

Comment by Diane McLaughlin – April 17, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am going through White Collar and Covert Affairs withdrawls!!!!! July seems like forever. I was afraid they had been cancelled.

Comment by Linda James – May 10, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • why is Covert Affairs on for such a short season and why can’t it be on during the Fall and winter? I really miss the show.

Comment by David Sutton – March 24, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice in exactly 2 Months! Yeah! White Collar returns on my birthday this year! So far, 2012, being a great year for my shows!

Comment by Corey Northfield (@CJDraco) – April 17, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I need now are the premiere dates for Alphas, Breaking Bad and The Glades. My summer TV schedule as of now:

Sun: Weeds (7/1), Episodes (7/1), Leverage (7/15), The News Room (6/24), The Glades, Breaking Bad
    Mon: Alphas
    Tue: Covert Affairs (7/10), White Collar (7/10)
    Wed: Royal Pains (6/6)
    Thu: Rookie Blue (5/24), Anger Management (6/28), Suits (6/14), Burn Notice (6/14)
    Fri: Boss (8/17)

Comment by Balaji K – April 17, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your list looks a lot like mine. It is amazing how much my summer is taken up by shows.

Comment by Tia – April 17, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *Groan* We have to wait even longer for Leverage than we do for White Collar!

Comment by smidnite – April 17, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Suits!!! Can’t wait to see Harvey Specter’s bad ass again!

Comment by Jennifer – April 17, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes!!!! Can’t wait!! Between Suits & Covert Affairs USA is rocking

Comment by lacy – April 17, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Less than 2 months until Suits is back – I miss Harvey. Yay for summer TV!!

Comment by Sparky – April 17, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Marking my calendar now for White Collar. I am going to miss “In Plain Sight” so much though.

Comment by LInda – April 17, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d happily scuttle Necessary Roughness in order to keep In Plain Sight off the air.

Comment by smidnite – April 17, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally with you Linda. White Collar & In Plain Sight are 2 of my favorite shows on TV right now. I am so so sad about IPS and July is WAY too far away.

Comment by Deena – April 17, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be awesome!!
    Tuesdays “White Collar” and “Covert Affairs”
    Thursdays “Burn Notice” and “Suits”

Freakin’ Awesome

Comment by Emgee – April 17, 2012 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most excited for Suits!!

Comment by DreamRose311 – April 17, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only White Collar for me on USA, though I might pick up Suits. But otherwise, I’ll have True Blood, Breaking Bad, and Pretty Little Liars.

Comment by Emily – April 17, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Which USA show am I most looking forward too — WHITE COLLAR!

Comment by Diane McLaughlin – April 17, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • very disappointed expected WC in June .July is toooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooong to wait.

Comment by Barbara – April 17, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO excited for Suits! Love that show! And White Collar too, although I wish we didn’t have to wait until July.

Comment by Alex – April 17, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • June 14 is Suits? Happy Birthday to me!

Comment by Amy – April 17, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty much looking forward to every USA show up there, especially Burn Notice! Michael Westen is my hero!! Love USA shows!

Comment by Justin – April 17, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice June 14th!! Can’t wait!

Comment by megan – April 17, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice and Royal Pains!!

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – April 17, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TOO LONG to wait for WC my very favorite show on USA.

Comment by Barbara – April 17, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really miss Suits. It’s been too long. But Royal Pains and White Collar had great winter seasons. I can’t pick!

Comment by Amanda From Michigan – April 17, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice and Necessary Roughness!!!

Comment by Leslye – April 17, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried watching Nescessary Roughness but found it too preachy and gave up after 5 or 6 episodes.

Comment by Kasper F. Nielsen – April 17, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, I didn’t realize how many shows I like from USA Network until I saw this list! Add Psych (not a summer show anymore, sadly) and Leverage (I know, not USA) you’ve got pretty much all of my favorite summer viewings.

Comment by sixseasons&amovie – April 17, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • looking forward to Suits and Political Animals!

Comment by A – April 17, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *sigh*…i just want Psych back. yeah, it’s only been a week since the finale, but i miss it already.

Comment by Rach – April 17, 2012 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know how you feel.

Comment by maggie – April 17, 2012 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now all I need is the return date for the Glades, Luther, and Melissa and Joey and I’ll be set.

Comment by Alice – April 17, 2012 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Melissa & Joey returns on May 30, 2012.

Comment by Balaji K – April 17, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love them all – Royal Pains, Cover Affairs, Suits, Necessary Roughness, White Collar – al great shows. I’m so glad to see their all back!!!

Comment by Cheri Spence – April 17, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Suits so excited. Not so much for White Collar. Season 1 was amazing the Neal, music box, Kate, Keller but now it’s dull. Needs to spice up again. Get rid of that red head.

Comment by Kay – April 18, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of them! USA has a great summer line-up!

Comment by JAO – April 18, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s amazing to me how much my viewing has shifted off the “usual suspect” networks in recent years. USA, TNT, SyFy all getting that much better or the “main” networks that much worse?

Oh and White Collar’s obvious love affair with NYC is much appreciated.

Comment by John – April 18, 2012 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice to see a male name finally! Al (Albert)

Comment by Al – June 2, 2012 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need Matt Bomer way before July! Luckily there is Magic Mike! Hey USA, why does White Collar never get a lead in show? Always has to build it’s own ratings and help a show that follows.

Comment by JHawk – April 19, 2012 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why must we wait till July for Covert Affairs??? WAY TOO LONG!!!!

Comment by Page – April 19, 2012 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Don’t understand why USA only has these wonderful shows on during Summer season.

Looking forward to all of them but especially Covert Affairs and Necessary Roughness.

More…More…More

Comment by Lily – June 5, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These shows are why USA is the #1 channel! I am ready for them all except Nec Roughness – Id gladly trade that for a return of IPS. Add Psych to that list and my viewings set! If they arent on TV then I can always go for a fix on hulu ;)
    If and when any of these series do finish though, I hope they do get the chance to finish up storylines like on IPS – too many “network” series are just left hanging or cancelled mid series and you dont know how infuriating that is to the viewers. Its one of the reasons I dont watch dramas on the “main” channels anymore.

Comment by Haydn – May 18, 2012 04:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait for White Collar, Suits, and Covert Affairs. Bring um back soon!

Comment by Jrb – May 18, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally thought I could lOok forward to June for covert affairs but have to wait another month :(. I love Auggie and Annie. Covert Affairs is so awesome! Now ready for July

Comment by Lo – June 2, 2012 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Covert Affairs is Number after The Closer (leaving soon) and The Glades , number 2 aftert Covert Affairs. Auggie and Annie ( Chirtopher and Piper) are absolutely magic together. Whoever in casting thought of that team hit the brass ring! Can hardly wait for the show. Thanks to all involved in Covert Affairs. May it play for many, many years. thanks to all. SJC

Comment by Sara j. Cooper – June 7, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah all my fav shows is back Suits,nec roughness,white collar,burn notice,royal pains etc.Pity we have to wait so long for it in South Africa,the waiting BEGINS

Comment by dean – July 15, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • USA network has some great summer programming. Suits is my absolute favorite. The season ends too quickly. I could watch Suits every night. It is suspenseful and entertaining. Mike & Harvey are a great pair. The entire cast is first class. Would love a “full season” of 20 + episodes.

Comment by Colleen – August 28, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post