Did Grey's Lock an Emmy Nod? Does Chuck Bass Get a Raw Deal? A Glee Miracle? And More TV Qs!

Fringe Lincolns AltliviaWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, here are some queries we’re going to lob at you, from shows including Fringe, Glee, Gossip GirlNCIS: LA, Psych and Grey’s Anatomy!

1 | Does Fringe not receive enough kudos for the top-notch quality and bountiful quantity of its split-screen work featuring actors acting opposite themselves?

2 | Did the “feeding” scene in last week’s Grimm make it the most gruesome episode to date?

| Are any Fairly Legal fans actually warming up to this new guy, Ben? Or are we just distracted by the actor’s struggle to mask his Aussie accent?

4 | Who on Mad Men made you prouder: Peggy, for swindling Roger out of big bucks, or Joan, who finally kicked her jerk of a husband to the curb? But Roger needs to carry around less cash, don’t you think? The guy’s getting bled dry each week!

5 | Is The Client List giving out all the happy endings that Once Upon a Time‘s Evil Queen took away?

Exclusive: Fringe Stars Talk Finale (‘We Shot Two Endings’), Drop Clue About Season 5 Storyline

6 | Of all the perfectly valid reasons Donald Trump had to dismiss Lou Ferrigno from Celebrity Apprentice, he fired him because he honestly answered a direct question posed to him in the boardroom? Seriously?

How I Met Your Mother7 | Did How I Met Your Mother‘s flashback to the days of Ted and Robin make you nostalgic for Robin’s old hairstyle?

| Billy Connolly is House’s actual father! Wilson has a son! Why do some of House‘s coolest storylines always turn out to be fake-outs?

9 | We’ve been fans of Thorsten Kaye since his days on One Life to Live, but whodathunk he’d end up a Smash scene stealer? And for all the surreptitious spying Ivy Lynn has been doing, how has she not yet bumped into Ellis hiding behind a potted plant?

10 | Two months — heck, even two weeks — ago, who’d have predicted Christina Aguilera would wind up as The Voice‘s toughest, most insightful coach?

11 | Chuck’s done some terrible things on Gossip Girl, but will Blair ever stop jumping to conclusions and accusing him of things?

12 | Anyone else see the fancy “exposed brick walls” in the RuPaul’s Drag Race work room ripple from the breeze caused by the fan, revealing them to be nothing but cheap paper backdrops?

13 | Glee‘s Quinn crushed her spine, but walked away without any other broken bones or visible scratches? And with Sue taking over Booty Camp and Cooper teaching the kids about acting, has Mr. Schue’s role in New Directions  — and Glee in general — ever been less vital? On the plus side: Can Matt Bomer appear in every episode during White Collar hiatuses?

14 | How many inches did your jaw drop down when Justified‘s Quarles was (ahem) disarmed?

15 | Dear NCIS: LA bomb makers: You do realize that an old-timey tape recorder’s “record” button stays down on its own, right?

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Bones, Scandal, The Good Wife, The Killing, Breaking Bad and More!

16 | Seriously, General Hospital‘s Sam?! After you almost lost Jason for lying to him about Robin’s death, you think protecting him from the truth about Franco and your baby’s possible paternity is a good idea?

17 | Can you believe that Barney Miller‘s cuddly Wojciehowicz did what he did in the Psych finale? How can [spoiler] possibly survive that?

18 | Being besties with that B—- in Apartment 23 may be the best thing to happen to the Beek since the Creek, don’t you think?

19 | Did Suburgatory leave any doubt that the show is building to a Tessa-Ryan romance?

20 | On Grey’s Anatomy, did Mark’s temporary promotion come with the magical ability to alternately sprout and lose 1/4 inch of facial hair throughout the entire episode? But on a serious note: Can we go ahead and pencil in Sandra Oh for her sixth Emmy nod?

21 | Although we know Capt. Harper is eeeevil, wasn’t it nice seeing Laura Innes get a warmer moment on Awake?

22 | Does Community‘s Jeff doff his shirt just to make other men feel utterly mediocre? And who else is hoping the NBC comedy follows up on that Troy/Britta stuff in a major way? (What do you think he said in that text message?!)

23 | Does The Office just get more and more uncomfortable with every passing week? And not in the Michael Scott way. For one, Robert California seems to get ickier and sexual harass-ier, right?

24 | After that perfect finale, did Up All Night secure a spot on your Must Be Renewed list? Wasn’t the re-proposal the sweetest thing anyone has ever seen?

1. Ashley says:

THIS ALL DAY. Blair is so freakin’ annoying even moreso with that muppet by her side.

• Mandy says:

• Willa says:

I agree. Blair should quit judging him considering she’s been a bitch to her own best friend and trampled on her heart now. I think Blair will get back with Chuck when she finally gets through her brain (what’s left of it) that he has only been trying to make her happy this year…not himself like that first bag Dan.

• Emily says:

It makes no sense, considering Blair realized what a good guy Chuck had become in the first half of the season. Did the accident give her brain damage and make her think he was evil again?

• Charlie says:

If you’re blaming the guy for every little thing that goes wrong, then you can’t trust the guy. And if you can’t trust the guy, should you be with him? Hence, no Chuck and Blair.

2. Mia says:

chuck abused her abusers dont change

• ggny says:

bingo…can people stop acting like Chuck is a victim? seriously do we just forget the last 5 seasons?

• dude says:

Chuck fans immediately forget everything he does after does it. Chuck tried to rape Jenny, Sold his girlfriend for a hotel and then abused her in a drunken rage BUT he’s so pretty and he really likes Blair so all is forgiven! But Dan better not step out of line once cause it will be utterly unforgivable and will never be forgotten. .

• Andrea says:

You mean the last 5 seasons of Chuck being victimized? Losing both parents, losing Blair repeatedly, getting shot, being in a coma, and generally being thrown under the bus by the writers every other episode? I don’t think anyone on GG is deserving of a “victim” label, but I think Chuck’s life experiences are significantly more intense than anyone else’s.

• Willa says:

He didn’t abuse anyone and you Dair fans are really getting pathetic. I’m glad most of the Gossipgirl viewers want to throw up over your useless couple that has killed the show. Ratings people, ratings

• Jeanne says:

“He didn’t abuse anyone” You need eyes right now!!! And why are you talking about Dair, the question is about Chuck. You’re completely obsessed by Dair!!

• Willa says:

And you’re completely obsessed with lying about Chuck. Open your damn eyes. Hitting glass is “abuse”. So did that glass window start crying You’re pathetic and your ship is going down. Thank God! Maybe people will watch the finale

• ggny says:

lol this is like the chris brown fans after his grammy preformance

• Bart Bass says:

At least Chris Brown know how to dress well. Last episode we got an eye full with awful red onsie track suit Chuck had *gross*

• Ali says:

Uh hi. I would just like to point out that in real life yes abusers can change. That is an extremely misguided comment. I work in a domestic violence agency and see change happen all the time.

• Avi says:

Correct. I always say Abusers will never change unless they seek help. I haven’t watched GG since the dreck that is Dan/Blair happened but back prior to the 100th episode Chuck was in therapy working through his issues trying to be a better man. He can change and maybe has. I can’t tell I haven’t watched in months.

• Bart Bass says:

Chuck talked to someone, he needs more then someone to talk to though, the boy needs a full physiological evaluation. Chuck is a psychopathy, he can not talk he is way out of that.

• laylagalise says:

I hate to get involved in this fighting match, but he didn’t physically abuse her. He was angry and hit the glass beside her. He wasn’t trying to hit her, but she was cut by a piece of glass and that’s why he was so apologetic. He knew that kind of rage was unacceptable and it made him aware of how close he came to (potentially) seriously hurting her physically. However, you could argue the whole selling her for a hotel thing is emotional abuse (aside from being very disturbing).

All that said, I believe that Chuck has changed a great deal from the beginning of the series. After all, he apologized to Jenny (and others) and she forgave him. He really is trying to be a better person.

I think Blair’s constant accusations signal her desire for him to desire her. When he is being earnest or is trying to leave her alone and let her be happy, she immediately believes he is trying to manipulate her into returning to him– she is fighting her desire to return to him and their traditionally unhealthy relationship. She wants him, but hates herself for wanting something she knows is probably going to be bad for her (hence her constant focus on him and her mistrust of/disgust with his actions).

3. Jeanne says:

Chuck Bass in an abuser! Blair accuses him and she’s right!

• Willa says:

She never accused him of abusing anyone. And Blair is always right?? No ,she’s been wrong so many times and this is what I hate about Blairstans they never see how completely flawed that character is. She’s not even Blair anymore

• Ali says:

Exactly! What happened to the Blair that didn’t need a man by her side to be happy? Or the Blair with goals and ambitions? She had actually wanted to do something with her life at one point… What happened to NYU/Columbia? Granted it wasn’t her dream school but really? They made Blair into a petty, society snob.

• Bart Bass says:

Chuck Bass is what happened to Blair. If Blair had not been so concerned with Chuck’s yearly daddy/mommy drama, she could have been well on the way to getting a college degree by now. Blair was always a society snob, becuase she is Blair Waldorf.

• didi says:

HOLY WORDS.I really can’t understand why all the chair fans can’t see (go over) all the bad things he did to blair!!i can believe that, as well as all the others characters,he has grown up, but,TOO LATE! he hurted her in anyway he could! c’mon,Their story was awful, painful and0 heartless!! they couldn’t really reached the pure and simply daily happiness, the one who everyone looks for!!!They constantly had to figure something to thrill their story out, and mostly of these “thrills” were very immature and bad things, all the gg’s fan know it!!!! I could mention the freaking jokes that they used to do with other girls, he had to seduce girls,( without having sex anyway) just to turn the couple’s passion on!!Well i don’t know if it is for anybody sane thing or normality, to me it sacks, and it’s unhealty!! How can a good relationship (though it would be “the great love”) ever stand anything like that?? Without counting the trade for the hotel, the totally NOT WORTHING 4giveness that anyway she gave him, and the Raina’s story, etc etc! I gave up!! I’m proud to say that i changed my mind and i left the chair’s ship when i saw how their relationship could be so self-destroying!! I want to see joy and love in a movie, in a telefilm, in tv, and that’s cause life is hard and tough itself!! Furthermore, it’s clear the Dair’s happening, gg’s writers have been built them since the beginning! i really hope they will enduring!

• Jeanne says:

I’ll call Blair criminal when she’ll try to rape teenagers, when she’ll prostitute her boyfriend and when she’ll hurt him physically…

• Willa says:

No Blair only slut shames teenage girls, kisses the guy she knows her best friend loves, messes around with 3 guys hearts, goes into a therapy session Chuck is at to get stuff to help her own relationship, slur shames her best friend, tells her best friends darkest secrets to a room full of people, sleeps with another man while still married. Open your damn eyes

• Jeanne says:

Take a common law and watch what is legal and what isn’t. I’m pretty sure “kiss her best friend’s ex” it not a crime.

• Bart Bass says:

Let see….chuck shamed Blair as a teenage and sent Chuck/Blair pics to gossip girl, he kissed Vanessa then had sex with her as revenge on Nate and Blair. should I continue?

• Chris says:

Blair is hardly perfect and that’s why I love her. Real Blair fans would know that Blair is so not herself right now, that she has NEVER judged Chuck as an “abuser” and that she loves him, but is afraid to face her real life. Real Blair fans would know that she loves Serena above all else and is lost without her. You wanna hold on to the idea that Chuck is an abuser to support your ship? Go for it, but know that the person sinking that ship is not Chuck Bass, its the REAL Blair Waldorf.

• Willa says:

Yes Chris, that is a good way to see it

Jeanne, she’s an adultress and makes the DB relationship that much more vile. She was a cheater.Like it or not Dair is hated so much so just deal and move on. Blair is flawed adn if you don’t get that you aren’t watching the show

• Kristina says:

You can’t defend your point at all so you call me 12? That’s mature

• Jeanne says:

I try to be less mature than your posts but that’s really hard. BTW, I’m still waiting…

• Willa says:

You look like you’re watching a different show entirely and don’t understand it, so I think you just look crazy

4. Courtney says:

Oh please please please!! Sandra Oh needs an Emmy nod this season! She deserved one for almost every season, but this is definitely her season! And she is amazing!

• Miri says:

• sarah says:

i agree 100%, Sandra Oh deserves an Emmy for this season!!!

• Tarc says:

I adore Shanda Oh, but the marriage strife plotline of the last dozen episodes has been a real turn off. I’m really pretty disengaged with the whole thing. The first time I connected with Christina in ages was last night when she showed up at Meridiths to study. I’d love her Sandra to get an Emmy, but for me, this isn’t doing it.

• elr says:

Thank you for articulating what I am thinking. I couldn’t put it better. I was very happy to see her at Meredith’s door.

• filmex says:

Couldn’t agree more. The only thing more annoying than listening to Christina wail ad nauseum (emphasis on the nausea) would be sitting next to an unruly infant on a transcontinental flight.

Christina, who has never showed the slightest interest in anything other than stealing surgeries–who was perfectly comfortable ending her pregnancy without informing her husband–is now a hurt, insecure crybaby because her guy found the warmth elsewhere she is unable to furnish?

Gimme a break. Oh has always been great but she better worry about what the paint-by-numbers plotting of this show does to her rep.

• kaodai says:

It won’t do anything to her rep. She’s not responsable for what the writers do with her character. All she’s encounted for is her ability to act what’s written for her. And, even though, like you, I don’t like what they’ve done with Christina, I have to say that Sandra Oh always put a 110 % in her performance. Just like in the last episode, she was fantastic. I’m happy with Christina focusing back on her career.

• J says:

Owen new about the abortion, he stood next to her as she did it.

• Liana in San Diego says:

Clearly the dissenting voice here – it seems you are congratulating a character who is totally one-dimensional – self-centered, selfish, boorish, unfeeling, and one-note acting- she is either mad or crying, but she is never caring about anyone else. Bah humbug …. can’t stand her and I don’t think Sandra Oh is that fantabulous as you all think.

• Tarc says:

Christina is far from one dimensional – I guess that you just have no appreciation for those dimensions and hence, make that mistake.

• Ane says:

Guys, chill. This is a TV Series. Cristina is just a character, not a real person. So let her be selfish, self-centered and all that. That is exactly what makes this character different. She´s nothing like Alex or even Meredith that changes opinion or behavior every season. Every single one of them reacts different and evolve throughout the episodes. No one is saying that she is right or wrong, we are only saying that we like Cristina because she is like she is. We don´t necessarily aproove her thoughts and actions and we don´t necessarily wanna be like her, ok? We just love her, like we loved Meredith when she fought for her child or like when Alex did whatever he could to help Izzie. That´s all.

5. Amy says:

7| Yes! Robin’s hair hasn’t grown all season. Wtf. Bad move on her stylist’s part.

6. MLB says:

*Glee/Quinn – my cousin shattered her pelvis and was in a wheelchair for months after flipping her car several times and being ejected …no stitches or visible scratches! It was incredible, but plausible.
    *Grey’s/Sandra Oh – I don’t get it. I thought the way this whole thing played out was uncharacteristic of Christina and ridiculous. No way Christina Yang sobs like that in front of someone …even her husband.

• Avi says:

Normally I would agree about Cristina but here’s my thought. Cristina has had a really rough year. She aborted her child, her husband left her and cheated on her and then came back to her acting like it was no big deal, she’s incredibly stressed about taking her boards. She’s under a lot of pressure and she’s losing her love. I think it was just one too many things and it broke her. We’ve seen Cristina get hysterical before. I feel like if I were in her shoes I would be doing the same ugly cry. Sometimes you can’t help it and that’s what that scene felt like.

• Trina says:

As a CDN and a long-time fan of Sandra Oh’s, I wondered why she chose to do a nighttime soap. Now, I finally get it – after years of playing lesser actress’s best friends in movies, she has finally been able to show her talent. LIke or hate him, the actor playing Owen is the only man on the show who can keep up with her!

• MLB says:

I’m not saying she doesn’t sob like that, I’m saying she doesn’t do it in front of people. I’m not saying Sandra Oh did a bad job, I just didn’t think it fit the character. I am her …I’ve been in that character’s shoes …and when I broke – I made darn sure no one was there to see it.

• J says:

I keep seeing this on message boards, can no one remember Cristina hysterically crying after she passed out in surgery and lost her and Burke’s baby? Her mother was there and she realised she was right about a patient, said ‘I was right, I was right’ and completely broke down with hysterical tears just like last night. That is how Cristina cries when she has completely reached her limit. I thought it showed great continuity contrary to what others have been saying,

7. Danielle says:

Yes, otherwise it’s the same story again and again and again.

8. Zari says:

Chuck Bass in an abuser, give me a freaking break! Chuck has changed and you just don’t want to accept that because that makes him the better option for Blair.

• Willa says:

It’s their only excuse because their couple has sunk the show. They have nothing left but to lie all the time

• Jeanne says:

Chuck Bass is an abuser and that’s the truth. Deal with it! A better option for Blair? Thanks for the laugh, you made my day!

• Willa says:

The writers even said he wasn’t you deal with the truth…from the writers mouth.

• Jeanne says:

He is, from psychologists’s mouths. I wonder who is right…

• Chris says:

I doubt a psychologists really sat down and diagnosed a TV character considering they don’t have a real psychosis. And his change is according to what the writers want to do. If you want to try and find fault with how he’s acted this season, good luck on look objective. He is not an abuser. He has made mistakes but has since done retribution. You want to ask who the better option is for Blair? See what she decides eventually when she actually starts acting like herself and isn’t hiding behind false lives.

• Willa says:

Gee, I wonder who wrote the show and who said exactly what they intended it to be. And since you’re from anon spreading abuse garbage I’m really glad Chuck and Blair will be back togetehr just so you crazy people start crying about the show again

• Jeanne says:

You may be in an abusive relationship if he or she:

Is jealous or possessive toward you.
          (Jealousy is the primary symptom of abusive relationships; it is also a core component of Sexual Addictions and Love Addiction.)
          Tries to control you by being very bossy or demanding.
          Tries to isolate you by demanding you cut off social contacts and friendships.
          Is violent and / or loses his or her temper quickly.
          Pressures you sexually, demands sexual activities you are not comfortable with.
          Abuses drugs or alcohol.
          Claims you are responsible for his or her emotional state. (This is a core diagnostic criteria for Codependency.)
          Blames you when he or she mistreats you.
          Has a history of bad relationships.
          Your family and friends have warned you about the person or told you that they are concerned for your safety or emotional well being.
          You frequently worry about how he or she will react to things you say or do.
          Makes “jokes” that shame, humiliate, demean or embarrass you, weather privately or around family and friends.
          Your partner grew up witnessing an abusive parental relationship, and/or was abused as a child.
          Your partner “rages” when they feel hurt, shame, fear or loss of control.
          Both parties in abusive relationships may develop or progress in drug or alcohol dependence in a (dysfunctional) attempt to cope with the pain.
          You leave and then return to your partner repeatedly, against the advice of your friends, family and loved ones.
          You have trouble ending the relationship, even though you know inside it’s the right thing to do.

• Bailey says:

The Chuck we saw in the pilot is a completely different character than the one we got used to after 1×01, imo. Yes, he tried to rape Jenny, and I’m pretty sure than no Chair shipper would ever tell you that they liked raper!Chuck and that they would have liked to see that version of him with Blair. I didn’t even like Chuck or Blair at first. Serena and Dan were my favorite characters. Then we got to see more of both Blair and Chuck, and I fell in love with both of them, separately and together. Now, the Chuck that I got used to after the Pilot is a Chuck that would never hurt anyone. The only time he actually got violent with someone was in S2 (I think?) when he stopped his uncle from raping Lily. He never uses violence (in fact, he’s always the one getting punched by someone else) and the Chuck we know now (even of the Chuck before S5) would never ever rape anyone. I don’t think he would enjoy non-con sex.

The writers have never been fair to Chuck, imo. It took them long enough to give him proper character development. They should have forgotten the rape incident altogether since they decided to take the character in a different direction, but they brought the whole thing up again in S4, and it was poorly addressed. They should have either dealt with it properly in S1 (instead of changing Chuck’s direction) or never brought it up again.

As for him being “abusive” with Blair, it’s something I never saw. Of course what he did to her in 3×17 was HORRIBLE but I strongly believed that they could have come back from that. That it wasn’t a deal breaker (it would have been if he did it to someone else. But Blair is different, she’s a lot like him). I never saw Blair as his victim. I’ve always seen her as the stronger one in the couple. I think they’ve both been in really dark places, they’ve schemed against each other, they’ve schemed against other people, Blair proved that she was more than ready to scheme against Chuck, to hurt him in order to get what she wanted (3×05 I think? Can’t remember). It just proves to me how they’re made of the same stuff. I’ve always seen her as a “clean” and strong but equally bad version of him. So no, to me she wasn’t his victim. What he did to her in 3×17 was horrible and – again – it needed to be dealt with properly, but it didn’t happen because the writers suck. I really wanted to see Chuck working to get her trust back, instead we got some sloppy scenes and a quick reunion that ended in one of the most horrible episodes ever (3×22).

• Jeanne says:

Sexual abuse, also referred to as molestation, is the forcing of undesired sexual behavior by one person upon another. When that force is immediate, of short duration, or infrequent, it is called sexual assault. The offender is referred to as a sexual abuser or (often pejoratively) molester.

• Bart Bass says:

I have seen no real evidence Chuck has changed. All I see is the yearly cycle of Chuck that has gone on for 5 years, we are currently in the phase lets redeem Chuck because he already done enough evil things this season. The truth Chuck has not changed because he does not want to change.

end of story.

9. Che says:

Even Sue has some kind of storyline going on. I am sorry for Matt Morrison but Mr. Shue should definetly leave. Every guy guest star that has been on the show is way better than his carachter.

10. Chris says:

Cannot wait for the day when Blair realizes that he’s done so many many good things and that she trusts her love for him! Chuck Bass always had a good heart and now he displays it more and more!!

• Zari says:

This!! Blair is scared to accept that Chuck’s really changed. She already realized that by mid season’s finale but the accident and everything that happened made her push him away. She’ll come back to her senses.

11. Brenna says:

Love will arnett and that was amazing!! Please renew it :) and yes definitely miss robins long hair

• Melanie says:

The Up All Night “Proposals” episode was my favorite of the season. Please renew! It just keeps getting better.

12. Ana says:

#3: I watched the Fairly Legal premiere but couldn’t stand the new guy and haven’t watched since. Also, Sarah’s over the top attempts at comedy became too much to bear.
    #20: imo, it is an inexcusable travesty that Sandra Oh continues to be un-acknowledged by the Emmy people. There is no better actress, period. And yet, they keep recognizing people like Alicia and Kalinda from TGW who are fine actresses but one-dimensional and bland. Sandra brings it everytime with such depth and emotion that if makes you cheer and cry and sigh with just one look or one act. Shame on you Emmy. You are a sell out.

• JJ says:

I completely agree with you about Sandra Oh, she is sooooo amazing in that role and she should if not only be nominated but she should WIN an emmy!!!!

• kaodai says:

Ok I have to agree that Sandra Oh is an amazing actress and she deserves an emmy. But, don’t diss on Julianna Margulies and Archie Panjabi, they’re fabulous actresses. How can you say they’re one dimensional and bland ? Are you even watching TGW ? What those women bring every week is incredible : subtle, amazing and credible talent. They don’t need to have big scenes or convoluted scripts to shine. They manage to make me believe what they play is real, they’re believable in their ambiguity and subtlety.

13. MariflorGrecia says:

Well, your couple can go out and play the princess and the pauper thanks to that ‘abuser’ ! :) Grow up! It’s only a show!

14. DD says:

Nope I think the perfect line that works here is “You can forgive but you can’t forget.” Blair will always be able to forgive Chuck but she’ll never forget the things he’s done and that will always be in the way of them having a good honest relationship. Blair will always be worried if something like “The Hotel” incident will happen again and she’ll always bring it up when Chuck does something she doesn’t like. This why I think they will never work again, they may end up together in GG series final but it can never last.

• Willa says:

I think anyone saying they won’t put Chuck and blair back together is delusional at this point. You might want to catch up on leaked scripts for thefinale

• dude says:

Can you read? Well you’re 12 so you probably can’t but DD just said, they might put them back together but it doesn’t mean that their relationship will last because Blair has never been able to completely trust Chuck. I have no doubt that the writers will put Blair with Chuck in the end but they’re a couple that’s doomed to fail over and over again. You’re too immature to understand what that means but it’s the truth.

• Willa says:

The whole arc is about trust this year and can Blair trust him. In the end she will. Obviously you really aren’t getting that. And you are acting like you are 12 by being an ass to people

• Emily says:

Let’s not be rude, guys! I think it’s possible to have a civil debate on either side. Basically, I agree that Chuck’s mistakes in the past are what’s keeping Blair from trusting him now and why she is running away scared. But there’s no denying that Chuck is changing for the better and doing his best – and I think that by the end of the season, Blair’s going to see that and realize she’s ready to be with him again. :)

(Nevermind the fact that she realized this in 5.10 already, but Josh Safran just had to get his DB arc in before the end of the season)

• kaodai says:

I don’t know if I’m the only one who’s fed up with this debate between Chair and Dair, but I have to say that it pollutes this forum more and more. What neither of you understand is that the writers and producers are giving you just enough to content each shipper, but not too much to avoid losing one of the shippers. It’s becoming ridiculous. I hope that, at the end of this season, she chooses herself and decides to focus back on her early goals (I mean concerning her career, and not becoming a princess). These triangles around Blair are becoming tiresome.

15. Kvivik says:

9. drool… Thorsten Kaye is just a freaking awesome actor, no matter what medium it is in.
    15. It depends. It was obviously old, and who knows what Adam [the bomber] did to it to make sure that it would detonate when the button was released. My NCIS question is WTF was going on between Nate and Nell…are we EVER going to get an answer to that one???

• smidnite says:

Nate DID answer it; Nell was flirting with him in front of Eric to make him jealous. Just another chapter in the slow flirtation between Eric and Nell.

16. sarah says:

I have said it many times this season, the Office should have ended last season. Yet the will bring it back next year, and cancel a very smart, witty, funny show called Bent. That is NBC for you, they will probably cancel Awake and Parenthood too!
    I have never watched Glee but did this week as I love Matt Bomer! I have to download “Somebody that I used to know”.
    Sandra Oh was PHENOMENAL!

17. niks says:

Chuck was lucky to have Blair, but he lost her due to his own actions. So if Blair doesn’t trust him, then he is the only one responsible for that. He thinks that money solves everything, but no amount of money can buy love. Blair told him to leave the Dowry matter to her, so that she could solve it herself and if both of them were ready, then be together as equals. But Chuck Bass can’t understand the concept of self respect, so he had to interfere. His tendency to treat Blair as an object is appaling. I hope that Blair can find true love with Dan, because Chuck simply does not understand that concept.

• Zari says:

Blair wasn’t solving her own problem, she let Georgina HER SWORN enemy to go and fix her problem so she would have the time to sex Dan up. She was being careless and could’ve gotten caught, but she didn’t care. Chuck didn’t want to buy her love, he set her free so she could do whatever the hell she wanted with whoever she wanted without the pressure of putting her family’s money at risk. The one treating Blair as an object was Louis, not him. The hotel thing happened 2 years ago, if she’s not able to let it go it doesn’t mean that Chuck is still the same person he was back then. And true love is wanting to see the person you love HAPPY even if they are not with you and that’s what Chuck’s doing, unlike Dan who’s giving her ultimatums and threatening to stop being her friend if she doesn’t get involved with him while SHE WAS STILL MARRIED and had to solve the dowry issues.

• niks says:

She had to let Georgina handle it because her efforts had failed because of Chuck’s GG blast and even though G is her sworn enemy, she has helped NJBC in the past. Remember that she was the one who got all the money back from Serena’s con-artist boyfriend and some socialite in S2. The hotel thing might have happened two years ago but the scars will always be there. She might have forgiven Chuck, but she could never forget it. She had even chosen Chuck in S4 but only God knows why Chuck told her to go with Louie. This and the fact that he did something which Blair forbid him to do because she wanted him as an equal proves that Chuck will always do what his fickle mind tells him to do without taking Blair’s wishes into consideration. That sounds like a man who, even if subconciously, still treats her like an object, an object he may love, but an object nonetheless. Even if you says that what Dan said was an ultimatum or threat, which it wasn’t, he didn’t stop being her friend even with Chuck trying to destroy his career, as he was still her friend in the hospital.

• me3 says:

What show are you watching Zari? Dan never threatened Blair. If you’re talking about the whole “I want more thing”, if she was going to turn him down I think the guy is allowed some time to process all that. He was just being honest about his feelings. Don’t try to rewrite it for your own benefit. And I believe he was the one who was always there for her no matter happened. If anyone fits your given description of true love, which I agree with, it’s Dan. He’s been in love with Blair for a long time, but he always wanted her to be happy even if it wasn’t with him. Her happiness always came first to him even when it was killing him to watch her with two other guys. If were going to make this a who deserves Blair thing then I’d vote Dan. That being said I think Dair and Chair fans just need to agree to disagree. B/c this is craziness.

18. shiremaid says:

RE #8 that’s House baby! Why do you think we love him so much? You never know what’s going to happen, or if you think you know, chances are you’re wrong. Too bad more men weren’t like him.

19. Zoe says:

Stop saying chuck is an abuser..it is getting so fricking old now. You dan fans just can’t accept that chuck has changed and once blair realises that for good, he will be the man she will pick over your precious dan. It shows how insecure you are with your couple that you have to keep saying chuck will never change and are still saying it even when the writers have said he is a changed man now. Oh and your “amazing” couple dair is sinking and taking the show with it. Congratulations.

• niks says:

Actually, it was your couple, the “EPIC” Titanic which was sinking the show. Dair is the Ship trying to save it.

20. Marz says:

I actually liked Fairly Legal’s Ben in the premiere, but the writers really need to figure out what to do with him. He’s just kind of….there. I think he would have been much better as a recurring character who shows up once or twice a season. If they want to keep him, they should really give him an over-arching storyline beyond “I’m going to intrude on Kate’s case just because I have nothing else to do, and get into a power struggle with Lauren.”

21. chris says:

Sandra Oh’s Emmy nomination, if not win, is long over due. This woman can out-act everyone. She’s one of the main reasons why I’m still hooked with Grey’s after all this time.

22. chestal says:

yes pleaseeeeeeeee!
    and Blair cannot stop thinking the worst about Chuck because she’s almost always right. Sad, but true, that’s why their relationship will never work!

• Adam says:

Totally agree!!! It’s chocking to me how Sandra Oh doesn’t have an emmy! She better get one after last nights performence, at least a nod! She is the main reason I watch this show. It should be called Yang’s Anatomy!

23. Carmichael says:

7 | Did How I Met Your Mother‘s flashback to the days of Ted and Robin make you nostalgic for Robin’s old hairstyle?
    Maybe a little bit but her current style works for her. I’m more glad Alyson Hannigan’s red again.
    13 | Glee‘s Quinn crushed her spine, but walked away without any other broken bones or visible scratches? And with Sue taking over Booty Camp and Cooper teaching the kids about acting, has Mr. Schue’s role in New Directions – and Glee in general — ever been less vital? On the plus side: Can Matt Bomer appear in every episode during White Collar hiatuses?
    It’s Glee, they sorta skip over things like broken bones. As for Schue’s role, in the end, he’s the one that doesn’t have some kind of agenda. What we need to do is get rid of this Nene Leaks person. And I don’t just mean from Glee, I mean from television/pop culture all together. Send her back to wherever she came from.
    18 | Being besties with that B—- in Apartment 23 may be the best thing to happen to the Beek since the Creek, don’t you think?
    He did stuff since Dawson’s Creek other than How I Met Your Mother?
    19 | Did Suburgatory leave any doubt that the show is building to a Tessa-Ryan romance?
    Well it’s more likely to happen than a Tessa/Evan romance. I still hold out hope they find someone better for her. There’s always Dahlia’s revenge scenario. Speaking of, the whole bit with her blaming Yacult or however it’s spelled for the divorce…..PRICELESS.
    22 | Does Community‘s Jeff doff his shirt just to make other men feel utterly mediocre? And who else is hoping the NBC comedy follows up on that Troy/Britta stuff in a major way? (What do you think he said in that text message?!)
    Chances are it’s as much that as it is a little something for the straight/bi ladies and gay/bi fellows. I’m not sure where I fall on the Troy/Britta situation, and I can’t even begin to fathom what he’d say that was so nice to get her to lose interest in Blade.
    It has lost some of its charm since Michael Scott left the Electric City. And yeah Robert California is just……….he’s no Alan Shore that’s for sure. He’s not even DENNY CRANE!

24. R says:

#20 – Hell YEAH! I thinks it’s high time Emmy acknowledges the awesomness Sandra Oh is! I was so shocked and just numb when they disregarded her PTSD potryal after shooting in season 7, but now with the episode ater episode, the actress who can make you laugh like anything in one moment as well as make you run for the Kleenex in another deserves an EMMY! No competetion even – just GIVE IT TO SANDRA OH!

25. Jenn C says:

Let’s not forget that just two episodes ago, Chuck sent in a pic of Dan and Blair kissing to GG just to keep Blair trapped in her marriage to Louis JUST to keep her away from Dan… And a couple episodes before THAT Chuck was sleeping with Dan’s agent in order to destroy him as a writer, in order to keep him away from Blair. Chuck is not innocent, MAYBE this time his actions were purely unselfish, maybe not, but I don’t blame Blair for not believing him. Remember, last season this is the same guy who threw her against a wall and punched a glass window over top of her, declaring that she couldn’t marry Louis because she belonged to HIM, and a couple episodes after THAT whole ordeal, she was planning on running out on Louis to be with Chuck! I think it’s time that Blair finally started holding him accountable for his actions, he has gotten away with far too much. Hell, even after nearly bankrupting the Waldorf family Blair still told Chuck she would always love him (even if she wasn’t IN love with him anymore), which is way more than he deserved

• Zari says:

BLAIR SHOULDN’T BE KISSING ANYONE. P.E.R.I.O.D If anything it’s Dan’s fault for kissing her in the first place.

• Jeanne says:

Dan learned about the dowry AFTER the kiss. Chuck already knew it!

• Emily says:

Dan learned about the dowry at the end of 5.15, and yet he was still kissing Blair in 5.16 and giving her ultimatums. They kissed in a hospital while Serena’s grandmother died! So, yeah, they could have gotten caught at any point.

Also, Chuck didn’t even send the picture in, Georgina did. But either way, he made up for it by paying Blair’s dowry and setting her free to be with Dan WITHOUT committing adultery like she’s been doing the past 4 episodes.

• Willa says:

Blair was kissing Dan in public everywhere in the first place and when she asked Chuck to stop he did and even paid her dowry because she was going around being an adultress. And Chuck has more than made up and proven he has changes all season. I’ll be glad when Chuck adn Blair get back together just to shut the Dair fans up. You guys barely pay attention to anything but a mop head who ruined the show and who managed to get theratings under a million

• Jenn C says:

No, Dair shouldn’t have been kissing in public and that is their fault, but that doesn’t change the fact that Chuck DID send in that picture with the intent on ruining them as a couple. Even after Dan went so far as to take Blair to Chuck before the wedding because he knew that was what would make her happy (once again proving that Dan cares more about what Blair wants and needs than his own feelings). And you forgot to mention Chuck sleeping with Dan’s agent and sending in that plagiarized script. That was AFTER Chuck supposedly went through therapy and was a “new man”.

• Willa says:

They would have been caught in the first place. Blair is acting insane and it is her fault she’s cheating. I’m sorry Dair looks so terrible everyone wants to vomit all over themselves when watching but face facts.

• yahyahyah says:

i know chuck has done terrible things and believe me dair fans i do not victimize him. But he has changed and sure he tried to manipulate dan and blair but that was because the girl he loved just married someone else supposedly for him and was stuck in the marriage for a year, than she promised she would wait for him, and then he sees her kissing another guy in his bedroom? i mean cut the guy some slack! I hate dan and blair simply because of the way it happened. I would have rather it happened last season or earlier this season it still would have been unpleasant for me to watch but it just seemed so random and weird after the Chair reunion and all that stuff that went down.

• Chris says:

He didnt do it to keep her trapped. He did it to get Dan to admit the truth. If Dan had wanted to protect Blair HE wouldnt have kissed her and he would have waited. Dan hasn’t been a little white lamb in this either. They all have some fault. Blair most of all because she has now entered into two relationships to avoid dealing with her real life and to cover her fears. Chuck has always been accountable for his actions and mistakes. Others not so much.

• Jenn C says:

Dan did not kiss Blair until AFTER she took off from her reception and she told Dan that Louis was basically forcing her to stay married. He also kissed her BEFORE he knew about the dowry, then once he knew he started avoiding her to keep from it happening again. She is the one who tracked him down to hang out as “friends” and then kissed HIM under the guise of portraying his book characters. Dan has always tried to do what he has felt is best for her. She is not blameless, but I honestly don’t blame Dan at all.

• Chris says:

Watch again, he pushed her in 16 for them to be something more saying they couldnt be just friends. He knew she was married and still kissed her. And kissed her in public. He sent that video which cause Louis to act like this in the first place and let everyone else and their mom take the blame. Dan has loads of blame in this.

26. Lisa J says:

Thought the 4/12 episode of Grey’s sucked. Felt like the whole thing was a set up just so Sandra could get another Emmy bid.

27. 4everchuck says:

Maybe Chuck has done something’s, But part of “growing up” is realizing people make mistakes and not jumping to conclusions which Blair has always done and in the end ,she is always the one looking Stupid! I think that Now that Blair sees how selfess Chuck has become she will in time see , stop assuming the worse.The dude did just pay her dowry and expected nothing back if thats not change I dont what is!

28. Kelli says:

Sandra Oh has been the best thing about Grey’s for quite a few seasons. She’s absolutely the best actress on the show. I agree that she deserves and Emmy (and other awards) but unfortunately Grey’s Emmy time may have passed. Hopefully Sandra is aware how many fans consider her the best of the show.

29. BonesFringeFan says:

Thank you for taking moment to realize how much work the Fringe actors are putting to play their split-screen selves, with such elegance. This show is truly a gem and the actors and writers never cease to amaz. It would be an outright travesty to cancel such a quality television show. None of the other shows on this can hold a candle to the work the fringe actors and writers are doing, in my opinion. Although I do love me some Psych.. Sh’dynasty has got to be the funniest Gus nickname ever! Eagerly awaiting some positive Fringe renewal news! I have faith.

• davey says:

The split screen acting by Anna Torv as Olivia and Fauxlivia is A-MAH-ZING! She really is quite unbelieveable how she makes two (sometimes three or four) iversions of herself seem so very different!

• Mandi says:

Indeed! I also have to give huge props to Seth Gabel for that dual-Lincoln scene. Interrupting each other, talking at the same time- I actually forgot that it wasn’t two actors!

• BonesFringeFan says:

Have to agree with you both! Anna is incredible, and possibly has created the strongest set of characters, but Seth Gabel, John Noble and Jasika Nicole do an incredible job as well! I especially loved the Astrid/Alt-Astrid coffee scene in last night’s episode… So touching.

• Emily says:

1. I will never tire of seeing Olivia coming face to face with Alt-livia. And I loved that she tricked Lincoln’s middle name out of him, it was about time someone did something fun like that!
      14. Raylan’s “Uh, no, you can’t have it” look while pulling the arm away as Quarles reaches for it = priceless. Only Justified can make me laugh at such a gruesome moment.

• Garnet_and_Gold47 says:

Jasika Nicole. Honestly that woman deserves a freaking award for her split screening. The whole cast is highly talented and deserving of some kind of recognition for what they are doing. I mean how many different characters has Anna Torv had to date? I can’t even count. And I agree on the Psych thing. Shy’dynasty awesome, but what the heck! That was a seriously intense cliffhanger.

• BonesFringeFan says:

Tell me about it! I literally screamed at the end. And judging by how he was shot, surviving that seems a daunting task. And about the Sh’Dynasty thing, how do they come up with these freaking hilarious names! Psych and Fringe are both ridiculously underrated. Ridiculously.

• Tarc says:

The whole thing is just awesome. All of the actors have my complete respect and admiration.

30. stefanjames says:

Sandra Oh is amazing, but an Emmy for last night’s performance? For that screaming mess? Are you kidding me?

Up All Night finale was sweet and Will and Christina really do have great chemistry, but one good episode hardly makes up for 23 crappy ones. So no, it’s not on my Must Renew list. In fact, even if it does get renewed, I won’t be watching it next year.

Ha, I’m totally shipping Tessa and Ryan. And could George and Dallas be any sweeter together? I’m really looking forward to these last couple of episodes and season two!

• Tarc says:

Yeah, the writing didn’t capture me ahead of time, so I was disengaged for the acting. I love Sandra and Kevin, though. She certainly deserves and Emmy for her body of work on GA.

31. Joanna says:

My guess is after she accuses him of the global warming, she will start seeing the error of her reasoning process but she will still manage to squeeze some blaming before her MRI where she will be diagnosed with brain damage. There will be no denying there’s something seriously wrong with her when she accuses him of sinking the Titanic.

Joking aside, this has been both ridiculous and repetitive. Didn’t we see this played out in the first half of this season no less? So now, not only are we back to that but Blair is all judgmental and presumptuous when she has been the worst. I wonder where she gets that.

I can only speak for the female population or just me, but you ain’t gonna hear any complaints from me. Jeff can doff his shirt all he wants and then some more. And I’m dying to know what Troy said in that text message. He was so shy about it. But I’m still unsure about the whole Britta/Troy stuff. I don’t want her to britta Troy’s awesomeness.

32. Sam says:

22.) I loved that Annie at this point just eggs Jeff on to take off his shirt…and ya I’m going with Troy/Britta will be the romance that they talked about with Ausiello…which hoping this show gets #Sixseasonsandamovie

33. tacos22 says:

No, Blair probably won’t stop accusing Chuck. And should she? She has a bad history with the guy, and letting her guard down with him has never done her any good. And I don’t think you ever forget being traded for a hotel. It’s probably something that sticks with you. That being said, I don’t doubt that the writers are
    trying to show Chuck is really trying this time – with mixed results, absolutely, but he does seem to be making a genuine effort. What he did this week seemed to be purely motivated by good intentions. But maybe it’s time he stop trying to forge a relationship of any kind with Blair, at least for now. She’s not ready to let things go (who could blame her), so maybe move on for a while.

Not that it’ll actually go that way, but really. How can you become a better man when the only person you keep trying to prove it to is the one person who’s not ready to let the past go? If they have a season six, I’d leave off of Chair now and pick them up again midway through season six, wherever the characters are then, and see if they have the ability to move back towards a romantic relationship or maybe can actually be friends this time. Leighton and Ed have great chemistry, and it’s a shame to see them wasting it on this mess of a storyline, even if I do love Dair.

Again, won’t happen. But wouldn’t it be nice if it did?

34. amy says:

People CAN change. Chuck HAS changed. Get over it Dair fans! Enjoy your last few episodes of dair though because we all know Chair are getting back together soon. :) “chuck and blair are never over” this was said by Safran after the 100th episode (i think)…when they weren’t together, now why would safran say that if chair were not going to reunite? :)

35. Joan says:

#4 Joan is back! Getting rid of that husband was the best thing she could have done for herself and for her son.

36. Renee says:

2. No that scene was not Grimm’s most gruesome — that would be the rats in the car with the body. Or what was left of the body.

37. Kim R says:

14. Several! :)

38. Jenn C says:

I’ve been wanting a Troy/Britta pairing ever since that episode in season one where they were both secretly taking dance classes! LOL Love them, and love Donald Glover, I could watch Troy cry all day because it is the most hysterical thing ever

39. Viana says:

-Fairly Legal: Ben is idiot, I can’t stand him, and I believe him will be between Kate and Justin, and this is a big NO, Kate and Justin must be together.

-Cristina Yang: I love the character so much, but I think Sandra Oh doesn’t deserve an Emmy Nomination, I see her too overacted. I want to know what will happen with Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo and even Sandra Oh contracts.

40. Austin says:

Fringe does not receive the kudos it deserves for not just the actors, but he writers, the producers, costume designers, and crew! Come on, they are creating two universes, numerous scary monsters, plus an epic adventure and love story!

41. Amanda says:

YES. I absolutely think Chuck gets a raw deal. He’s proven himself to be the most mature, forgiving and loyal character on this damn show. He was a friend to Dan when he had no one, he’s loved Blair for years despite all the crappy things she has done in the past (and the completely selfish way she’s acting right now), etc. Blair is the one who keeps seeking him out when he’s just trying to stay the hell out of her way. Obviously, she wants him and yelling at him is probably an outlet for how much she really just wants to do him.

• Andrea says:

I could not agree more! If she’s so over him, she needs to leave him alone. But, I get the feeling that she’s not ready to let go yet. Therefore, it’s time for a fresh start!

42. gossipgirltruth says:

Poor Chuck. Blair has become awful. What happened to her declaring her love for him like 5 episodes ago? The show makes no sense anymore mostly because of this weird Dan Humphrey Fan Fiction version of Blair.

43. chloe says:

lol dair fans take gossip girl way too seriously! It is not real, people! Your obsessive behaviour over chuck – who is a character by the way, is really pathetic and you then go and ask chuck and blair fans how old they are!?? If you want that question to be taken seriously, then don’t write something dumb yourself.

• tripoli says:

Bravo! I love that an article about a ton of shows is mostly over taken by the crazy Gossip Girl wars that ensue in the comments. All of you need to chill the eff out.

44. Andrea says:

Blair needs to let it go and move forward. The past is the past. The window on the other hand deserves an apology.

45. JumpTwitJump says:

#16 – ha! Is this a serious question? Sam is a twit, but GH keeps shoving her perfect for Jason-ness down our throats. She just needs to jump John and get it over with so that Jason can forgive her for that, too. Somehow Jason forgiving her for every heinous thing that she does is supposed to prove their wuv. Maybe she’s not nauseated during her pregancy, but I sure as sh!t am.

46. 11 | Chuck’s done some terrible things on Gossip Girl, but will Blair ever stop jumping to conclusions and accusing him of things?

THIS. There’s no need to argue that Chuck has changed, just watch S5. Can’t wait for Blair to say… “You’ve really been good this whole time, haven’t you?” And Chuck to say, “YES.”

47. Annie says:

4) For Mad Men: I’m proud of my girl Peggy but I gave Joan a standing ovation for finally kicking Greg to the curb! I waited two seasons for that moment and it was worth it.

22) Joel McHale continues to find ways to relieve himself of his shirt in every season. But with that aside, I’m all for Troy and Britta! I really want to know what was in that text! I guess we won’t find out for at least another ep because the next one is the Dreamtorium episode with Annie and Abed!!!

48. Laurel says:

#4. Peggy & Joan were both great on Mad Men this week but I’d have to give the honors to Joan. Seeing Joan give that rapist creep of a husband the boot was fabulous.

#13. Matt Bomer should be in every episode of Glee ! Love him !

#14.Quarles was crazy ! It was a unique way of disarming someone…

And you never know they left it open ended so he could still be alive as a one armed vengeful nutbag in another season.

#18. Everyone in the ” B…. in Apt 23 ” is great.

49. George says:

Bar is too high for anything on broadcast to get an Emmy nomination. The Good Wife just happens to be the exception to the rule. Cable is basically going through a renaissance of discovery right now. Broadcast is trying desperately to hold to their audience and keep those advertising profits up.