Castle Freak Peek: When Zombies Attack!

Get More: Photo Gallery, Previews

ABC’s Castle will run into an undead end in Season 4′s penultimate episode — and here are some photos from the WTF?! outing.

In “Undead Again,” airing April 30, Castle and Beckett investigate the murder of a man found with human bite marks on his body. When their only witness claims she spied a zombie attack, Rick, Kate et al delve into — no, not a Robert Kirkman novel — but New York City’s zombie subculture to find the killer.

Castle Exclusive: [Spoiler] Is Back for the Season Finale — But Why?

Explaining the late-in-season detour, Castle creator Andrew W. Marlowe told TVLine that as a run-up to “a very emotional finale — where we confront a lot of the issues that [Beckett and Castle] have been skirting all season — we felt like it was important to bring some fun into the show.” And with “zombies very much in the zeitgeist,” thanks to pop culture hits such as AMC’s The Walking Dead, he says, “We thought it was something that was worth tackling.”

Matt’s Inside Line: Will Time on the Couch Lead Beckett into Castle‘s Bed?

What are your thoughts on Castle “biting into” this subject matter?

Tags:

Comments (45)

• Stana Katic’s facial expressions are awesome!

Comment by Sarah – April 10, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second that!

Comment by M. – April 10, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree.
      Hilarious facial expression.
      Can’t wait.

Comment by Seon – April 10, 2012 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I 4th that! LOL

Comment by Audrey – April 11, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m loving Beckett’s jacket :) And agreed, Stana Katic wins at faces lol

Comment by Becca – April 10, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like another useless episode that will take us nowhere. Sigh.

Comment by Lisa – April 10, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IF YOU KNOW. YOU ARE A USELES

Comment by FOREVERCASTLE – April 10, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What does that even mean? I mean, I’m as much against episode bashing as the next (sane) viewer, but what exactly would this accomplish even if it had made sense?

Comment by Ashley – April 10, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Marlowe said in an interview that this episode sets the tone for the season finale….

Comment by Audrey – April 11, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The sound you hear is Castle circling the drain. Enough already.

Comment by Templar – April 10, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look at the heels on Beckett’s shoes LOL. TV cops are so fashionable.

Comment by Jack – April 10, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been trying to figure out for two seasons how the HELL she runs in those things! I’ve noticed the same thing on CSI Miami. I’m about same height as Stana and would have broken something by now!

Comment by Jennifer – April 10, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I dunno. Some people are really good at heels. I can run in pencil-thin three inch heels. I can even balance on just the heels and walk around like that. But, I also took ballet for 15 yrs, so I have a fair sense of balance. It’s completely possible that she can run in them, but not very sensible.

Comment by Katy Johnson (@katy_j314) – April 10, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Stana did ballet too :)

In those pictures she’s wearing three layers of clothes, it must be freezing cold

Comment by JAA – April 10, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yea it sure looks like freezing because in the BTS photos, she had another long thick jacket on

Comment by Audrey – April 11, 2012 05:36 PM PDT
    • hahaha! so true! How many different leather jackets does she have??

Comment by sofia – April 15, 2012 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like fun to me. The calm before the storm. I love Castle, one week they make you laugh, the next they make you cry.

Comment by Sue – April 10, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS SERIES IS AWESOME. CAN’T WAIT SEE EPISODE

Comment by FOREVERCASTLE – April 10, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett looks like a younger Olivia Benson in this pictures.

Comment by Betty – April 10, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • another memorable episode. that exciting. I love this serie

Comment by NY♥♥ AlwaysCaskett ♥ (@SiempreCastle) – April 10, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Instead of saying that this was “something worth tackling,” I wish Marlowe had said that it was something worth “sinking their teeth into.”

Comment by Morgan – April 10, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett’s high heels are ridiculous. How many inches are there? How can a police officer walk on those things? I know the producers want her to look slender (which is redundant), but I think it’s way over the top.

Comment by valezza – April 10, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Gillian Anderson could run in heels so can Stana. It’s not ridiculous if you know how to run in those

Comment by JAA – April 10, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or is this season getting oversaturated with the “let’s tackle what’s popular on TV and ABC right now” episodes? We’ve had Once Upon a Time, Dancing with the Stars, the Kardashians, and now the Walking Dead. I feel like Castle didn’t rely so heavily on stunt episodes in seasons past.

Comment by Emily – April 10, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The thing is, there are so many TV shows nowadays tackling so many different topics and themes that it’s very difficult to find a plot that hasn’t already been used. I bet that if someone looked hard enough, they could find a similar episode/story/series/other media aired like,twenty years ago for almost any of their present day counterparts.For instance I’ve noticed that many procedurals have had episodes based on Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “Strangers on a Train” which in turn was based on Patricia Highsmith’s novel(Castle included). ” The Walking Dead” didn’t invent zombies just as “Once Upon A Time” didn’t write the fairytales and “The Vampire Diaries” isn’t the first or the last show about vampires.The only difference is that all these series are airing at the same time,and honestly, if a show waited until all of these were canceled ,so that they could make an episode based on them,they would never get around to it, since other series about the same stuff would just keep appearing, as they have proved to be so popular.

Comment by TM – April 10, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • . dejar a otros a disfrutar de nuestras series favoritas

Comment by ANA – April 10, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • . leave to others to enjoy our favorite series

Comment by ANA – April 10, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! This looks like Michael Jackson’s Thriller video… So cool… Just don’t think Castle would suddenly turn arround and be one of them with a red jacket on and start singin ‘Cause this is Thriller!! Thriller night….lala da da da HiHi

Comment by Patricia – April 10, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please pass the cheesies, plus a few extra to throw at my screen.

Comment by april-ann – April 10, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Beckett keeps wearing those shoes. I love to see the women wear them..Don’t stop Keep wearing them..Love the show…..

Comment by ann – April 10, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need to write in about M.E.’s like Meghan Hunt and Detectives like Kate Beckett wearing shoes that are inappropriate for their jobs.

Comment by Shaun – April 10, 2012 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are so right. Stana Katic at least can walk in those heels but Dana Delany can’t and every time I see her mince along or think of her standing for five or more hours at work, it takes me right out of the show.

Comment by Kath – April 10, 2012 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When their done shooting scenes that require heels, those shoes come off. Flats or slippers are what those actresses otherwise wear.

Comment by lame – April 13, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn Nathan Fillion doesn’t look so great anymore. IMO he’s aging horribly, maybe he needs to hit the gym or something. Also, can we get back to Beckett’s look from Season 1 and 2, when she didn’t have the perfectly styled hair and pounds of makeup; she’s a cop not a model. Seems like the show is just gradually tanking, and this episode isn’t keeping my hopes up at all. Oh Castle what happened to you.

Comment by Allison – April 10, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You need to remember that Castle is signifigantly older than Beckett. At the beginning of the season, they stated that she was 31. On the other hand, Castle has an 18 yr old kid, so I’m pegging him at about 40. So, it kinda makes sense that she looks nicer than him at this point.

Comment by Katy Johnson (@katy_j314) – April 10, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like a cheesy episode. Seriously zombies??? do the writers have nothing else left to write about. Hmm maybe they ought to progress their characters instead of giving us lame episodes and stunt casting.

Comment by Jake – April 10, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to it. Looking forward to the season finale much more though. ;)

Comment by Natalie – April 10, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh and thanks for the great “Castle” scoop as always, Matt. :)

Comment by Natalie – April 10, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to see a return to a more fun story line. Yup, all cops go on duty wearing heels like those — very realistic! See, there aren’t any continuity issues with this show. But if they make the show fun again, I’ll happily suspend disbelief. Now if Beckett and Castle can just start behaving like adults again….

Comment by Tom – April 10, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode looks so cheesy. Please stop doing themed episodes and get back to some regular joe getting murdered or make something actually happen with Castle and Beckett.

Comment by Jillian – April 10, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty awesome Birthday present might I say :D

Comment by Mel – April 10, 2012 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is he going to perpetually appear in a coat or sport jacket now? He and James Roday better go in on a gym membership.

Comment by Quark – April 10, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like a fun episode!

Comment by Mari – April 10, 2012 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my one objection to the last episode is that everything fans have been waiting for will be jammed into the final 5 minutes. It’ll be one of those wam bam thank you mam, done, THE END. We’ll talk about it in season 5.

Comment by lame – April 18, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not gonna judge till I see it, because in a way it looks cheesy but I think it will turn out to be quite hilarious. What I AM excited for is the finale. I think season 5 will return to regular
    Castle. Right now I don’t know whether I should hate or love Castle, so I’m just hoping the finale will turn out and I’m looking forward to next year. And they’ll be getting into Castle’s dad being in the CIA, and 3XK, so that will be cool I think. But I’m tired of all of the relationship issues, same as you guys. I want things to get happy again and then get back to the fun Castle like season 2. That was the best time, I think.

Comment by Willow – April 21, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post