Castle Freak Peek: When Zombies Attack!

ABC’s Castle will run into an undead end in Season 4′s penultimate episode — and here are some photos from the WTF?! outing.

In “Undead Again,” airing April 30, Castle and Beckett investigate the murder of a man found with human bite marks on his body. When their only witness claims she spied a zombie attack, Rick, Kate et al delve into — no, not a Robert Kirkman novel — but New York City’s zombie subculture to find the killer.

Castle Exclusive: [Spoiler] Is Back for the Season Finale — But Why?

Explaining the late-in-season detour, Castle creator Andrew W. Marlowe told TVLine that as a run-up to “a very emotional finale — where we confront a lot of the issues that [Beckett and Castle] have been skirting all season — we felt like it was important to bring some fun into the show.” And with “zombies very much in the zeitgeist,” thanks to pop culture hits such as AMC’s The Walking Dead, he says, “We thought it was something that was worth tackling.”

Matt’s Inside Line: Will Time on the Couch Lead Beckett into Castle‘s Bed?

What are your thoughts on Castle “biting into” this subject matter?

1. Sarah says:

Stana Katic’s facial expressions are awesome!

2. Becca says:

I’m loving Beckett’s jacket :) And agreed, Stana Katic wins at faces lol

3. Lisa says:

Looks like another useless episode that will take us nowhere. Sigh.

4. Templar says:

The sound you hear is Castle circling the drain. Enough already.

5. Jack says:

Look at the heels on Beckett’s shoes LOL. TV cops are so fashionable.

• Jennifer says:

I’ve been trying to figure out for two seasons how the HELL she runs in those things! I’ve noticed the same thing on CSI Miami. I’m about same height as Stana and would have broken something by now!

• I dunno. Some people are really good at heels. I can run in pencil-thin three inch heels. I can even balance on just the heels and walk around like that. But, I also took ballet for 15 yrs, so I have a fair sense of balance. It’s completely possible that she can run in them, but not very sensible.

• JAA says:

Stana did ballet too :)

In those pictures she’s wearing three layers of clothes, it must be freezing cold

• Audrey says:

Yea it sure looks like freezing because in the BTS photos, she had another long thick jacket on

• sofia says:

hahaha! so true! How many different leather jackets does she have??

6. Sue says:

Looks like fun to me. The calm before the storm. I love Castle, one week they make you laugh, the next they make you cry.

7. FOREVERCASTLE says:

THIS SERIES IS AWESOME. CAN’T WAIT SEE EPISODE

8. Betty says:

Beckett looks like a younger Olivia Benson in this pictures.

9. another memorable episode. that exciting. I love this serie

10. Morgan says:

Instead of saying that this was “something worth tackling,” I wish Marlowe had said that it was something worth “sinking their teeth into.”

11. valezza says:

Beckett’s high heels are ridiculous. How many inches are there? How can a police officer walk on those things? I know the producers want her to look slender (which is redundant), but I think it’s way over the top.

12. Emily says:

Is it just me or is this season getting oversaturated with the “let’s tackle what’s popular on TV and ABC right now” episodes? We’ve had Once Upon a Time, Dancing with the Stars, the Kardashians, and now the Walking Dead. I feel like Castle didn’t rely so heavily on stunt episodes in seasons past.

• TM says:

The thing is, there are so many TV shows nowadays tackling so many different topics and themes that it’s very difficult to find a plot that hasn’t already been used. I bet that if someone looked hard enough, they could find a similar episode/story/series/other media aired like,twenty years ago for almost any of their present day counterparts.For instance I’ve noticed that many procedurals have had episodes based on Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “Strangers on a Train” which in turn was based on Patricia Highsmith’s novel(Castle included). ” The Walking Dead” didn’t invent zombies just as “Once Upon A Time” didn’t write the fairytales and “The Vampire Diaries” isn’t the first or the last show about vampires.The only difference is that all these series are airing at the same time,and honestly, if a show waited until all of these were canceled ,so that they could make an episode based on them,they would never get around to it, since other series about the same stuff would just keep appearing, as they have proved to be so popular.

13. ANA says:

. dejar a otros a disfrutar de nuestras series favoritas

14. ANA says:

. leave to others to enjoy our favorite series

15. Patricia says:

Wow! This looks like Michael Jackson’s Thriller video… So cool… Just don’t think Castle would suddenly turn arround and be one of them with a red jacket on and start singin ‘Cause this is Thriller!! Thriller night….lala da da da HiHi

16. april-ann says:

Please pass the cheesies, plus a few extra to throw at my screen.

17. ann says:

I hope Beckett keeps wearing those shoes. I love to see the women wear them..Don’t stop Keep wearing them..Love the show…..

18. Shaun says:

We need to write in about M.E.’s like Meghan Hunt and Detectives like Kate Beckett wearing shoes that are inappropriate for their jobs.

• Kath says:

You are so right. Stana Katic at least can walk in those heels but Dana Delany can’t and every time I see her mince along or think of her standing for five or more hours at work, it takes me right out of the show.

• lame says:

When their done shooting scenes that require heels, those shoes come off. Flats or slippers are what those actresses otherwise wear.

19. Allison says:

Damn Nathan Fillion doesn’t look so great anymore. IMO he’s aging horribly, maybe he needs to hit the gym or something. Also, can we get back to Beckett’s look from Season 1 and 2, when she didn’t have the perfectly styled hair and pounds of makeup; she’s a cop not a model. Seems like the show is just gradually tanking, and this episode isn’t keeping my hopes up at all. Oh Castle what happened to you.

• You need to remember that Castle is signifigantly older than Beckett. At the beginning of the season, they stated that she was 31. On the other hand, Castle has an 18 yr old kid, so I’m pegging him at about 40. So, it kinda makes sense that she looks nicer than him at this point.

20. Jake says:

Looks like a cheesy episode. Seriously zombies??? do the writers have nothing else left to write about. Hmm maybe they ought to progress their characters instead of giving us lame episodes and stunt casting.

21. Natalie says:

Looking forward to it. Looking forward to the season finale much more though. ;)

22. Tom says:

I’m glad to see a return to a more fun story line. Yup, all cops go on duty wearing heels like those — very realistic! See, there aren’t any continuity issues with this show. But if they make the show fun again, I’ll happily suspend disbelief. Now if Beckett and Castle can just start behaving like adults again….

23. Jillian says:

This episode looks so cheesy. Please stop doing themed episodes and get back to some regular joe getting murdered or make something actually happen with Castle and Beckett.

24. Mel says:

Pretty awesome Birthday present might I say :D

25. Quark says:

Is he going to perpetually appear in a coat or sport jacket now? He and James Roday better go in on a gym membership.

26. Mari says:

Sounds like a fun episode!

27. lame says:

my one objection to the last episode is that everything fans have been waiting for will be jammed into the final 5 minutes. It’ll be one of those wam bam thank you mam, done, THE END. We’ll talk about it in season 5.

28. Willow says:

I’m not gonna judge till I see it, because in a way it looks cheesy but I think it will turn out to be quite hilarious. What I AM excited for is the finale. I think season 5 will return to regular
    Castle. Right now I don’t know whether I should hate or love Castle, so I’m just hoping the finale will turn out and I’m looking forward to next year. And they’ll be getting into Castle’s dad being in the CIA, and 3XK, so that will be cool I think. But I’m tired of all of the relationship issues, same as you guys. I want things to get happy again and then get back to the fun Castle like season 2. That was the best time, I think.

29. Phyllis says:

What I have to wonder is why this series is classified as “Comedy” genre..