What to Watch: The TVLine-Up for Friday

On TV this Friday: The Finder finds a new time slot, a Grimm vacation is derailed by creepy neighbors, Magic City officially opens its doors and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are seven programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm The Finder (Fox) | New time slot alert! When new tracks are leaked from a dead rapper, a music mogul (guest star 50 Cent) and his lawyer (Eureka‘s Salli Richardson-Whitfield) — who also happens to be Leo’s former love interest — enlist Walter to find the source. (As mentioned in Ask Ausiello, stay tuned for someone’s “bad rap.”)

8 pm Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC) | Armed with little information, Nurse Jackie‘s Edie Falco travels from New York to Milwaukee to England, learning about her family’s origins, secrets and tragedies.

9 pm Grimm (NBC) | Nick’s Grimm duties get in the way of romance on a trip with Juliette when he meets the unsettling neighbors (American Horror Story‘s Azure Skye and Ed‘s Josh Randall) who have a rare and valuable treasure to protect; back in Portland, Hank and Monroe each find themselves on the cusp of romantic relationships. (Check out an exclusive video clip!)

9 pm Fringe (Fox) | Lincoln travels to the other side to join forces with Bolivia and his own alternate as they search for a vigilante with a surprising connection to the shapeshifters. (Watch a very fun video sneak peek, and click this link to tell us: Should Fringe get a Season 5?)

9 pm CSI: NY (CBS) | The CSIs find themselves immersed in the world of competitive videogaming when they discover a murder may be related to a high-stakes tournament. Fingers crosses for a Horatio Caine crossover, if only to say, “It appears our victim… ran out of lives. Game. Over.”

Blue Bloods Preview: Will Saving a Life Kill Jamie’s Undercover Career?

10 pm Magic City (Starz) | Series premiere: Set in Miami Beach circa 1959, Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Supernatural/Grey’s Anatomy) stars as a luxury hotel owner who in order to secure his dream begrudgingly gets in bed with a mob boss (Danny Huston, Children of Men) — all while his former showgirl wife Vera (Olga Kurylenko, Quantum of Solace) remains blissfully unaware.

10 pm In Plain Sight (USA) | Mary protects a WITSEC’d bigamist not only from his former employer but also his two wives. Friday Night Lights‘ Stacey Oristano guest-stars.

Comments (24)

• Fridays are for Fringe!
    DVR Grimm

Catch up on demand with CSI NY

Starz has me this close to ponying up with series like Boss and Magic City (besides all the movies!). A call to Comcast/Xfinity to subscribe is imminent.

Comment by kirads09 – April 6, 2012 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • watch Grimm and DVR Fringe

Comment by nnest – April 6, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch Grimm DVR fringe

Comment by nnest – April 6, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe! Six seasons and a movie.

Comment by John Berggren – April 6, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Fringe can get a season 5 as a last one.

Comment by Tony – April 6, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe needs a 13-episode season 5. Grimm is just alright, not great.

Comment by Cloudy Knight – April 6, 2012 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Fairly Legal? I’m enjoying that show…

Comment by casgirl3 – April 6, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI: NY and Grimm

Comment by King – April 6, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Finder and Grimm – hoping that fridays wont be the final death of the Finder

Comment by Co Ho (@cgh410) – April 6, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watching Finder, Grimm, Fairly Legal and In Plain Sight.

Comment by smidnite – April 6, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe!!!

Comment by Kayleigh – April 6, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finder and Grimm

Comment by Renee – April 6, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Already saw Magic City (last week), DVR Grimm & watch 20 minutes in so I can skip commercials. ; )

Comment by Jen – April 6, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe, Supernatural, & Grimm. I am going to watch the first 3 eps of Magic City online now. Love JDM.

Comment by Pamela Mullins – April 6, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love me some Grimm. I can’t decide if I want to get Starz just to watch Magic City with JDM. Love him. Decisions! Decisions! Has anyone seen Magic City yet? Is it good?

Comment by Sue – April 6, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go to STARZ.COM, Sue ………..First three episodes are available for free right now…..

Comment by Jude – April 6, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe!!

Comment by Lizzie – April 6, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Finder is a great show – glad to see it’s back!

Comment by Susie – April 6, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think i will like the pairing of The Finder and Fringe. The only thing that would be better would be Alcatraz and Fringe. I vote for JJ Abrams sci-fi night next season!

Comment by leahbh – April 6, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw the first two episodes of Magic City because they were free on my on demand….MAN, what an epic disappointment.

Comment by TheDude – April 6, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In Plain Sight sounds like it will be rather amusing tonight :)
    The Finder is a bit like Tales of the Gold Monkey
    I’ll watch:
    The Finder
    Fringe
    Grimm
    In Plain Sight

Comment by rubytu – April 6, 2012 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m watching Fringe. Then I’ll go to my DVR and watch Fringe again .

Comment by Tony – April 6, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe, Grimm & Real Time With Bill Maher – really missing Nikita right now!!

Comment by theresa – April 6, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would watch Magic City if I had Starz but I don’t because my cable bill was too high and I had to cut movie channels. I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I guess I will have to rent the DVD.

Comment by Velvet – April 10, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post