What to Watch: The TVLine-Up for Wednesday

On TV this Wednesday: The CW leaves One Tree Hill, NBC introduces you to two Best FriendsBent bids adieu too soon, Happy Endings wraps Season 2 and more. Here are eight shows to keep on your radar.

Sneak Peek: Betty White Prank Show Returns With a Real Eye-Opener!

8 pm One Tree Hill (The CW) | Series finale: The 10th anniversary of Tric brings old faces and new possibilities for the Tree Hill family. (Grab a Kleenex, someone hold Brittany S. Pierce’s hand and read our in-depth preview.)

8 pm Survivor: One World (CBS) | The game gets personal when one tribe member is confronted about her physical appearance. Reer!

8:30 pm Best Friends Forever (NBC) | Premiere: Jessica St. Clair (Bridesmaids) and Lennon Parham (Accidentally on Purpose) play BFFs displaced to opposite sides of the country until a divorce reunites them in Brooklyn, even in the apartment they used to share. Luka Jones (Upright Citizens Brigade) and Stephen Schneider (Happy Endings?) co-star.

Save the Dates: April’s Big Premieres, Returns and Finales!

9 pm Criminal Minds (CBS) | In an outing directed by cast member Matthew Gray Gubler (aka Reid), the BAU team heads to Oregon to investigate a series of gothic, ritualistic murders. Cue guest star Robert Englund (A Nightmare on Elm Street) .

9 pm Bent (NBC) | In the freshman comedy’s final two episodes (yes, really), Alex worries Pete may have succumbed to old habits when he’s a no-show at the site, then Alex questions her feelings for her beau when during their romantic getaway she has a sex dream about Pete (meaning: maybe the kissy-face picture above is just make-believe and not a spoiler, as someone will inevitably carp). Dear NBC: Take a flier and do right by this show at upfronts. In fact, let’s take a poll, gang….

9:30 pm Happy Endings (ABC) | Season finale: At their friend Derrick’s wedding, Brad struggles to tell Jane something important, Max tries to find the courage to perform with his all-male Madonna cover band and dateless Penny meets a cute guy (guest star Brian Austin Green) via Skype. (Read preview!)

10 pm CSI (CBS) | When the CSI team is called in to investigate a man who is shot at point-blank range in a casino, they shut down the entire building to find their killer. Stepfanie Kramer (Hunter) and Andrew Keegan (7th Heaven) guest-star.

10 pm Rock Center With Brian Williams (NBC) | Hear me out on this: One segment involves the eight finalists who recently competed in Chicago to become the next “LEGO Master Model Builder” (aka the “block-heads” who construct those life-size displays that make Junior go, “Gee willikers, pop!”).

Comments (64)

• Criminal Minds
    CSI

Comment by kirads09 – April 4, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes Bent deserves a second season sampling. Just like NBC did for Parks and Rec. Bent is the best of bunch of all of NBC new comedies this season. It just so well executed than the rest of them.

Comment by George – April 4, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For sure! Fingers crossed for a renewal.

Comment by Lorie – April 4, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I absolutely agree, Bent really is very funny, and the cast is perfect. I go out of my way to watch it, I don’t usually watch NBC. The voice I watch from time to time when my aunt watches it, but Bent..that’s something I make sure to watch.

Comment by gabrielle – April 4, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100%! Bent has it all, Likeable cast, fantastic writing, and most importantly is as original and refreshing as shows like King of Queens and Seinfeld. Does not fit the cookie cutter sit com genre so commonly foisted on viewers. This may also be its death blow since it may be too much for the Nielson families to comprehend.

Comment by darryl – April 4, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bent!

Comment by Adam L. (@UpstateAdamL) – April 4, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really do hope we get a full season of Bent next season.

Comment by brandizzle918 – April 4, 2012 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Bent, it should have more episodes than 6!! It is such a funny, witty and clever show and I love me some David Walton! Personally I think they should cancel the Office, it is done and over and not funny anymore and replace it with Bent!!!

Comment by sarah – April 4, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds
    CSI
    Phsyc

Comment by Michael – April 4, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Idol and Psych

Comment by Templar – April 4, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bent is so good. I tried not to get attached to it and failed. I will be heartbroken if NBC stupidly does not give Bent a real chance.

Comment by CJ – April 4, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ME TOO! I hate NBC and try not to watch anything new on there, but I love Amanda Pete and I love the guy from Perfect Couples. This show has made me laugh every time, so of course that means NBC will be too stupid to pick it up!

Comment by Kari – April 4, 2012 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with the sentiment here, Bent is the best new comedy NBC has produced in years and should be given a season 2 with a trial in the Thursday lineup in the 9:30 slot, which would allow it to be both edgy and sweet. Of course, its NBC so they will replace this with some bastard hybrid of Whitney and Brian Williams.

Comment by TV Watcher – April 4, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OTH, Idol and BENT!!!

Bent is a fantastic show, and though I love seeing two epidsodes every week, I wish NBC hadn’t burned them all off right away. Give this show another chance! It’s the ONLY show I watch on NBC besides The Voice and The Sing Off.

Comment by nickseydiva – April 4, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • poor bent…im really hoping NBC gives it a chance next year like ABC did with Happy Endings

Comment by ggny – April 4, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And NBC wonders why nobody likes them when they take a gem like Bent and treat it like this.

Comment by Alex – April 4, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oth

Comment by Brandy – April 4, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bent is great! It’s rare that a comedy is AS funny during the pilot, let alone able to establish the tone of the show. The chemistry between Waldon & Peete is great, and the supporting cast is DAMNED funny. NBC has all but killed this show, already, and THIS is their problem. Instead of nursing quality shows, they want to keep trying out new ones in hopes that they draw an audience. News flash NBC, Most of America is stupid, and don’t like thinking (hence the success CBS has had w/their mindless shows).

Comment by snapthejap – April 4, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy endings only, this season was so funny and its now one of my fav comedies at the moment along with CT

Comment by juan – April 4, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing here beats Criminal Minds :) & an episode directed by Matthew himself? It doesn’t get much better than that! :)

Comment by HannahC – April 4, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do you give us scoop on Bent? We’re only going to get our hearts broken.

Comment by Lauri – April 4, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I is gunna watch me CBS all night! Thems got good crime storyplots that regular folk can understand without all thems confusing story’s that done goes on and on. I can’t wait for my Walmart shift to end so I can get me some miller high life and watch CBS. I hope I can guess the killers tonight!

Comment by CBS viewer – April 4, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hilarious !

Comment by MadameDame – April 4, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can afford Miller High Life on a WalMart salary?

Comment by Templar – April 4, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where do I go to sign the petition to renew Bent? Frankly, in the last couple of weeks, the only shows that made me laugh out loud were Community and Bent.

Comment by meleliot – April 4, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You disincluded psych for lego builders?!? Pshaw! That’s the only thing I’ll be watching tonight.

Comment by Erin @epiCURIOUS ERIN – April 4, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • PSYCH almost always makes the cut, but this week’s episode felt a bit zzzzzzz.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 4, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What episode were you watching? That was one of the better ones this season, Shawn & Gus antics at their finest. “Did you hear that? It’s like Lassie’s ghost is here with us, and doesn’t know that he perished in the accident.” Classic!

Comment by Brendan – April 4, 2012 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BENT people!!! The best new comedy this year! Hope NBC sees a future in it.

Comment by Che – April 4, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You forgot to add Psych. Such a great show, and the only thing I’ll be watching tonight! And next week is the finale!

Comment by Psych – April 4, 2012 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish people wouldn’t throw stupid comments about crime drama into a discussion about a sit-com. Not saying anyone is stupid here, but the two genres are not comparable.

That said, Bent is the best new comedy this side of Suburgatory for 2011-2012. Unfortunately NBC did what NBC does and cut the order to six, didn’t promote it, and put it in a very tough time slot. The Office has outlived it’s useful life and should be replaced by Bent, but, no doubt the NBC brass won’t see it that way – that’s why they’re last and continue to fall.

Comment by BigJD747 – April 4, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want to join in with the people above and say that I really, really love Bent, please let NBC renew it (and let season two have te normal 21 episodes instead of 6)

Comment by Niki – April 4, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bent is the only good new comedy NBC picked up to series this season and it’s the only new comedy that deserves a renewal.

Comment by Bruce_F – April 4, 2012 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bent
    Ghost Hunters International
    Psych

Comment by Velvet – April 4, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Survivor, Happy Endings & The Soup – very light night of TV. Might try to catch Bent too.

Comment by theresa – April 4, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg when’s revenge coming back……………. this wait has been so looooooooooooonnnnnnggg………….

Comment by jess – April 4, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks Like South Park is the only thing on tonight.

Comment by Brendan – April 4, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they do renew Bent. It is such a charming little rom-com we haven’t seen in a while….

Comment by Darrel – April 4, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch the season finale of Happy Endings On Demand. One of the best sitcoms I’ve seen in years. Hope ABC renews it for Season Three. :-)

Comment by bad kevin – April 4, 2012 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One Tree Hill & Repulic Of Doyle. ;) :D

No new REVENGE again! :S

Comment by Vannesa – April 4, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • REVENGE will be back two weeks from tonight (April 18th).

Comment by kevin – April 4, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Bent NBC!!

Comment by anellah – April 4, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bent is so good!! It is brilliant which of course means it won’t get renewed, but it needs to!

Comment by Tina – April 4, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BFF
    Happy Endings
    Psych

I didn’t care for the first two episodes of Bent, and I really, really wanted to because I like both Amanda Peet and David Walton (not to mention Jeffrey Tambor, Matt Letscher, and Jesse Plemmons). I watched the first episode of Best Friends Forever from iTunes and loved it! It has some rough spots, certainly, but I am looking forward to more episodes of it.

Comment by Mal – April 4, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy endings

Comment by JJ – April 4, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really want more Bent!

Comment by Magically Suspicious – April 4, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would definitely watch more Bent! I love all the characters.

Comment by Linda Lou – April 4, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Endings is my favorite comedy!

Bent is awesome. Hoping NBC does the right thing, picks it up for season 2 and actually advertises it.

Comment by Rebecca – April 4, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why did NBC do that with Bent? 3 weeks of back-to-back episodes. It made no sense and very little publicity. It died before it began, shame too its pretty decent

Comment by William – April 4, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it, we need more fun like this, really hope that NBC will continue, one of the few shows I have enjoyed in a while and nice break from all the reality crap.

Comment by jeannine – April 4, 2012 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give Bent a chance!

Comment by Jmac – April 4, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for making the polls mobile-friendly! I read this site almost entirely on my phone and it always bummed me out that I couldn’t participate in them.

Now I can!!

Also, renew Bent

Comment by mia – April 4, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RENEW BENT!! Its brilliantly funny and a superb cast. Their chemistry is rare.

Comment by nena – April 4, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psych

Comment by rubytu – April 4, 2012 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve really loved Bent!! I hope it gets a second season!

Comment by Gabrielle Chantel (@WonderlandGabby) – April 4, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew Bent!!!!!!!

Comment by Aries – April 5, 2012 12:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring back BENT. It’s by far my favorite new TV comedy of the last TWO years. Absolutely brilliant. I love it like I love Cheers, The Office and Modern Family.

Comment by guillermo – April 5, 2012 12:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bent is one of the funniest shows I’ve seen in a long time..especially from NBC. This is also coming from a girl who watches a lot of crap on tv. Shame on NBC for not putting more effort into this great show.

Comment by Janey – April 5, 2012 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly Bent is one of the best shows out there. The writing is fanatastic and the one liners are delivered perfectly. I literally laugh out loud. Plus David Walton is amazing! Cant wait for season 2!

Comment by Christine Pascucci – April 5, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post