Grey's Anatomy Scoop: St. Elsewhere's William Daniels Scrubs In as Cristina's [Spoiler]

William Daniels Grey's AnatomyWilliam Daniels, a winner of two Emmy Awards during his run as St. Elsewhere‘s Dr. Mark Craig, is playing doctor again — in a potentially pivotal episode of Grey’s Anatomy.

In one of the ABC drama’s final episodes of the season, Daniels will play one of the doctors overseeing the medical boards being taken by the Seattle Grace residents.

“it’s actually really hilarious!” Sandra Oh told TVLine of the episode, which was directed by her scene partner Kevin McKidd. “I just shot the entire boards episode with the wonderful William Daniels, who played Cristina’s proctor. It was phenomenal to be working opposite him.”

In addition to St. Elsewhere, Daniels’ TV credits include Boy Meets World and the voice of Knight Rider‘s K.I.T.T. His big screen resume includes the role of Dustin Hoffman’s father in The Graduate.

Grey’s Anatomy returns with fresh episodes this Thursday at 9/8c. (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Bernadette says:

FEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNAAAHHHHAAAAAAAA

2. Slizabeth says:

FEE-HEE-HEE-HEENY!

3. P says:

It’s Mr. Feeny! Don’t catch GA much anymore but maybe I’ll tune in for this episode.

4. Bobbi says:

William Daniel’s BEST role, in my opinion, was John Adams in 1776! But, I love him. Dr Mark Craig was also fantastic. Very glad to hear he’ll be on Grey’s.

5. Jarrod says:

I thought he was playing her step-dad for a moment. Haha.

6. ktbanks says:

FEEENEY. FE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEENEY! FEEEEEEEEEEEENEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!

7. Suz says:

I’ve broken up with Grey’s, but if Daniels is guesting, I’ll definitely tune in. Dr. Craig is one of the best tv characters of all time.

8. KSM says:

Can they get Ben Savage to guest for this episode as well? That would be amazing.

9. Nate says:

Awesome! I’d love another Bonnie Bartlett cameo as his wife. Any hope for Howie Mandel or Ed Begley, Jr. down the road (Denzel Washington might be a little too much to hope for, although that may (finally) get him that acting triple crown!)?

10. staci says:

Feeney i still love him! when i saw the pic for this story all i could think of was “Boy Meets Worl” and Eric yelling, Feeney Feeeney Fee-eee-ney!!

11. Carrie says:

Looking at this picture reminds me of just how long ago Boy Meets world was, he’s looking a little up there in age!

12. mims says:

Really looking forward to this!

13. Sean C. says:

Mr. Feeny!

I see he went from middle school to high school to university professor to medical school proctor. Good for him.

14. Can I mention that there is only one season of St. Elsewhere available on DVD? The same one season that has been available for years now?

15. filmbuff90 says:

Sit down, John! Sit down, John! For God’s sake, John, sit down!

16. Cheyenne says:

I’m 17 and I remember watching every episode of boy meets world as a little kid. I love fee hee hee heeny. And Eric for that matter. So happy he is going to be in Greys anatomy this week. My now favorite series.

17. Old says:

I am old, so only know him as the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousand. KITT

That was before IPhone IPad even before Internet. Artificial intelligence was just a dream. Mr Daniels was my original SIRI. Thank You sir for my childhood.

18. Q says:

Makes me wonder if the intention was that Daniels was in fact Dr. Mark Craig giving Christina Yang her exam. If I recall Dr Craig was also a heart surgeon.

19. I says:

FFFFFFEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Laura says:

He’s Dr. Crag. Ed Begley Jr. Is “Erlich”. & neither drove ‘smart cars’

21. Gretchen Parkus says:

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant death seen on Grey’s!! The mouth was do perfect, the eyes it was the best death scene…and Dr. Thomas will be missed he wad good for Yang, but glad she’s back with the gang…

22. I agree with Gretchen. Death scene was perfect! His eyes spoke volumes! William Daniels is a national treasure.

23. He should absolutely win an Emmy for these episodes! He put more into those scenes, and his character brought more out of Yang, than anyone has ever done. I agree that he is a National Treasure. i sure will miss him, but WOW, what a way to go out!

24. Paula gosciewski Tracy says:

I was a navy nurse in Great Lakes,,,that hospital was exactly the structure of my bldg.,,,,imagine Lake Michigan as you’re back yard!!! Best show ,,,,the mechanical bed,,, where’s the intern ended up as an Oreo cookie!!! Dr Craig ezcelkant on Greys anatomy ,,,, miss the real reality shows,,,,,,hate tech,,,,,life really was better ,,then,,,,,, reality tv now,,,,,,, bacholette really, as George carlin put if
    So much technology,,,,,,,,and now there’s so ,,, little time!!
    I’m ready to do a documentary, so much of our lives will DEFINATELY be lost, to cyber,,, I don’t need to keep up, I just don’t want it to be forgotten!!! Spike lee, ya listening??? 570 3884277

25. Day dealing can be a very popular sort of investing this
    marketplaces on account of your current capability to get into in addition to depart just about any market place
    within minutes. This is very different from people who put money into
    Fx, products, or perhaps shares due to absolute velocity
    in which you may both equally revenue in addition to get rid of your investment
    decision. 60 Second Options features selected about the many erratic and profitable belongings so as to
    be sure that it is possible to benefit. In add-on 60 Second Options gives fantastic expense bundles while viewed on their depositing webpage including huge expenditure additional bonuses, private professional direction and many some other advantages.