TVLine Items: Lisa Edelstein's Next TV Gig Revealed, Shield Alum Is Touch'd and More!
House alumna Lisa Edelstein — fresh off a lawyerly stint on The Good Wife — is headed back to court, playing a tough Texas prosecutor in the Lifetime Original Movie, Blue-Eyed Butcher, which is set to premiere on Saturday, March 3.
Based on a true story, the TV-movie follows the story of Susan Wright (played by The Beautiful Life‘s Sara Paxton), a gorgeous young wife and mother of two who violently kills her husband (Ringer‘s Justin Bruening) in their Houston home after years of alleged abuse. When Susan claims that she needed to kill her hubby — out of self-preservation for herself and her children after years of mental abuse — prosecutor Kelly Siegler (Edelstein) argues that the accused is actually a cunning, doe-eyed sociopath.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• The Shield vet Catherine Dent has landed a recurring role on the freshman Fox drama Touch, TVLine has learned. She will play the sister-in-law of Kiefer Sutherland’s widowed character — and won’t necessarily make his already tricky life any easier, sources say. Touch resumes its Season 1 on March 19.
• Charlie’s Angels‘ Jaclyn Smith will guest-star on an upcoming episode of CSI, playing lab tech David Hodges’ chatty mother, TV Guide Magazine reports.
• Turns out Bravo may not have cancelled the underwhelming Real Housewives of Miami after all. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the franchise’s least successful venture has been picked up for a second season and will receive a major revamp before it’s relaunched. Bravo has yet to confirm the report.
• Ben Falcone (Bridesmaids, Joey) will play Dave and Max’s lonely, angry landlord in an upcoming episode of Happy Endings, per TVGuide.com.
• The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons will host the TechFellow Awards, honoring technology innovators, on Feb. 22 in San Francisco.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?