Exclusive

TVLine Items: Lisa Edelstein's Next TV Gig Revealed, Shield Alum Is Touch'd and More!

House alumna Lisa Edelstein — fresh off a lawyerly stint on The Good Wife — is headed back to court, playing a tough Texas prosecutor in the Lifetime Original Movie, Blue-Eyed Butcher, which is set to premiere on Saturday, March 3.

House Swan Song Scoop: 3 Things You Need to Know About The Series Finale (and Beyond)

Based on a true story, the TV-movie follows the story of Susan Wright (played by The Beautiful Life‘s Sara Paxton), a gorgeous young wife and mother of two who violently kills her husband (Ringer‘s Justin Bruening) in their Houston home after years of alleged abuse. When Susan claims that she needed to kill her hubby — out of self-preservation for herself and her children after years of mental abuse — prosecutor Kelly Siegler (Edelstein) argues that the accused is actually a cunning, doe-eyed sociopath.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• The Shield vet Catherine Dent has landed a recurring role on the freshman Fox drama Touch, TVLine has learned. She will play the sister-in-law of Kiefer Sutherland’s widowed character — and won’t necessarily make his already tricky life any easier, sources say. Touch resumes its Season 1 on March 19.

• Charlie’s Angels‘ Jaclyn Smith will guest-star on an upcoming episode of CSI, playing lab tech David Hodges’ chatty mother, TV Guide Magazine reports.

• Turns out Bravo may not have cancelled the underwhelming Real Housewives of Miami after all. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the franchise’s least successful venture has been picked up for a second season and will receive a major revamp before it’s relaunched. Bravo has yet to confirm the report.

• Ben Falcone (Bridesmaids, Joey) will play Dave and Max’s lonely, angry landlord in an upcoming episode of Happy Endings, per TVGuide.com.

• The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons will host the TechFellow Awards, honoring technology innovators, on Feb. 22 in San Francisco.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. John says:

Go Edelstein!

2. Kelly says:

Yes! Can’t wait to see Lisa E on my screen again :)

3. missy says:

Lisa Edelstein in Lifetime movie? LOL.

• Q says:

Pretty much every actress does lifetime movies. Even a lot of oscar and emmy winners. They provide meatier parts for women, since women are usually the protagonist instead of the love interests. I don’t watch them since they aren’t my cup of tea, but they must be fairly popular or there wouldn’t be a network devoted to them and they wouldn’t keep getting made.

4. DI56 says:

She left House for a lifetime movie! Really?

5. Lis says:

I LOVE Lisa Edelstein

6. Marcella says:

Good to see Lisa Edelstein back on TV. Now i hope the project she´s been working so hard for the last months is a great one. And i´d love to see her back on House MD for the series finale. Good luck Lisa.

7. Jen says:

Lol haters gonna hate and spread lies. Too bad Lisa E fans couldn’t be happier. Go back to watching House…but better hurry..only have a few months left now. buhbye.

8. popo says:

I only want to know if she’s coming back to House!!!! don’t care about this lifetime movie…..

9. Kim says:

Whoot! Just saw this on twitter. Hopefully she’ll have her own series before too long!

10. Natalie says:

Happy to hear Lisa Edelstein will be back on TV again. If that title isn’t ironic in light of everything today, I don’t know what is. Thanks for the news. :)

11. Jack says:

Rather poor taste recycling news about LE’s old project on the heels of House’s demise.

12. ana says:

I hope see you in T.G.W Iloved celeste Serrano,but Iloved drªCuddy too

13. Sara says:

Can’t wait! Thanks for the scoop Aussie :)

14. lipsticksocialism says:

YESSSS! I can’t wait to watch Lisa E back on telly. AWESOME! Thanks for the news, and a perfect pic you chose of her <3 <3

15. Sun says:

To Jack, This show airs on March3, 2012. Not an old project.
    Looking forward to seeing LE on TV again.

16. Lana says:

Can’t wait to see gorgeous Lisa again but tbh i prefer a TV show so i can watch her every week

17. kirads09 says:

“Charlie’s Angels‘ Jaclyn Smith will guest-star on an upcoming episode of CSI, playing lab tech David Hodges’ chatty mother”
    Ok – that one will be a must see.
    “The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons will host the TechFellow Awards, honoring technology innovators” Is this televised by any chance?
    I adore him!

18. theone says:

Awesome! I’ve been missing Ms Edelstein…March can’t come soon enough :)

19. Liz says:

Well, I couldn’t care less for LE, as long as she stays away from House I’m fine with it :D

20. Emgee says:

“House” fans unite! We want Lisa E back for the series finale.

21. Sam says:

Thanks, looking forward to seeing Lisa Edelstein back on TV

22. shiremaid says:

Good! Stay there and stay off of House! Since we have to say goodbye, I’d rather not say so to someone who I really don’t give a damn about.

23. Mary says:

Will Dave and Max find themselves heading into an awkward threesome with the lonely, angry landlord, just to prove a point? Please?

24. cega says:

A supporting character in a LIFETIME movie? Seriously? That’s what she left House for? Awesome life decisions here. Congratulations.

• Cal says:

Yeah, a lifetime movie and a long standing career, doing what she loves. What have you done in your pathetic life that sooooo much better? Oh you little hater…I bet this will make your day;)

• Ruth (deutschland) says:

What career? I read her ”biography” she has 45 years and, I’m afraid, but Lisa never did anything real important in career, se spend 17 years to make little guest star roles, she have her first stable role on TV very late and it’s sad for a 45 years woman never a had a husband, a son and failed even on her career, I don’t hate her but I’m really sad for her. Robert Season Leonard is a good example, he is a great theatre and movies actor, he have a a stable marriage, a daughter, a happy life. I really don’t understand how a woman can admire Miss Edelstein, her life is frankly a disaster both professionally and personally. Sorry for her fans, but that’s it.

• @Ruth says:

Wow. Ummmm in case your in some weird time warp via the 1950’s a woman doesn’t need a husband or a child to be complete. As far as her career, I see the previous comment went waaaaaaaaaaaay over your head. Lisa may not be a “superstar” but she spent her life doing what she loves, that’s more than a lot of us get do in this world.

• lipsticksocialism says:

well said!!! Lisa E appears to be one of the most optimistic and healthy actresses out there. It’s her choice to spend her life the way she wants to spend it, and I don’t see her being unhappy over it. Happiness is what you make it. Happiness is different for everyone.

25. sindy says:

yessssssss……..Lisa de nuevo en TV…..me alegra muchooo.. soy una gran admiradora…..de esta talentosa y maravilloso ser humano :)

26. Adele says:

She is so stunning in that pic. Lisa is an amazing actress and i only wish her the best. I will watch this movie for sure.

27. Julie says:

I can’t wait to see Lisa in the movie!!! She is amazing! I’m proud of her!
    You rock, Lisa! :D

28. Dani says:

Yup it’s not the biggest or the best thing she’s worked on, but it’s always great to see her on the screen. It’s also money in her pocket whilst she’s working on her own project which won’t just happen in a matter of minutes if she’s wanting to cultivate it from the ground up and produce.
    To all the haters out there if she’d only done the MoveOn ad and the odd guest role, I’d still have more respect for her than some of the highest paid and most prevalent actresses. It took serious b*lls and I’m pretty certain it was something to do with why she parted ways with House. For some people getting your face plastered everywhere and earning top dollar isn’t everything and she’s now in a situation where she can pick and choose jobs to fit around her lifestyle. More power to her.

29. Sun says:

It will be wonderful to see LE back on our TV’s. I’m looking forward to it. As for the couple of people here changing their names in an effort to make it look like there are many people who don’t want her back, you guys should read all the articles in newspapers and magazines about how much Cuddy is needed and wanted in the show. The majority of fans and media outlets can’t be wrong and a few bitter hateful people right. You guys are in a very minute minority. Maybe this is why you feel the need to curse and make fun of and tear down an actress and her fans in a comment section like this one. It’s obviously your problem so why not stay away from reading and commenting about someone you don’t like. You say so much about yourselves when you make these rude and hateful comments. You don’t make anyone look bad but yourselves and your petty little comments will not influence anything at all in anyone’s lives but yours. You guys don’t look good draped in your hate and bitterness and everyone can obviously see through your nastiness and see you for what and who you are. Stop being pathetic and obsessed by your hate and find something productive to do in your lives.

30. Lilou says:

I’m stoke to see Lisa back on my TV soon.
    she’s gorgeous and a fantastic actress on top of being an extremly special woman.
    I can’t wait for her next show.

31. Katy says:

Lisa Edelstein fans are so naive and blindly obsessed, it’s funny. Yes, you like her public image, but that’s all. If you knew her real personality, you wouldn’t like her, believe me. I feel sorry for everybody who thinks of her as a role model.