If Juliette’s career falters in the second half of Nashville‘s fifth season, perhaps she can make a living out of her favorite hobby: finding trouble where there is none.
As you’ll see in this new trailer for the upcoming episodes — which get underway on Thursday, June 1, at 9/8c — Ms. Barnes undergoes challenges both professional (a slight backstage panic attack) and personal (the likely completely made-up fear that Hallie and Avery are growing closer than they should be) while the rest of Music City deals with its own drama.
Among the preview’s gems:
* Ahead of finding out who fathered Scarlett’s baby, she, Gunnar and Damien are engaging in what’s best deemed an… atypical relationship.
* Daphne’s befriended a homeless girl, which just about sends Deacon over the edge.
* Clay gets pulled over for Driving While Black, and Maddie gets a front-row seat to racial inequality as it pertains to the law enforcement system.
* Will calls Zach his “boyfriend.” But the reappearance of Murray Bartlett’s Jakob Fine can’t be good for relationship stability, right?
* “I know that you don’t like me,” Rachel Bilson’s Alyssa — aka Highway 65’s new chief strategy officer — tells Deacon. “You don’t like anything that I stand for.”
* We are once more introduced to Kaitlin Doubleday’s Jesse Cain, a singer/songwriter whose return to Nashville is steeped in her past scandal. (Doesn’t seem to bother Deacon, though.)
* Gunnar and Scarlett end the trailer at gunpoint. Wait, what?
Press PLAY on the video above to see what’s up in Nashville, then hit the comments: What are you looking forward to most?