What to Watch Tonight

AGT Is Back, The Night Shift Starts, Wil Wheaton and More

WTWTuesday325

On TV this Tuesday: The search begins anew on America’s Got Talent, Wesley Crusher himself talks all things sci-fi in The Wil Wheaton Project, things get off to a rough start on The Night Shift and Awkward finds whole new levels of… well, awkwardness. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

RELATED | Save the Dates! 80+ June Premieres and Finales

• NBC
    America's Got Talent

Season 9 premiere: The star search’s ninth season opens with auditions in New York City and Los Angeles.

• ABC
    Extreme Weight Loss

Season 4 premiere: A 32-year-old mother of three who turned to food to deal with a bad decision she once made works to get fit; a 480-pound teenager works to shed weight in order to pursue a career in baseball.

• Fox
    Riot

Jason Alexander (Seinfeld) and Cheryl Hines (Suburgatory) tackle unpredictable song, dance and sketch challenges.

• OWN
    The Haves and the Have Nots

Mideason premiere: Benny shows signs of brain activity. Meanwhile, Wyatt gets himself arrested.

• Fox
    I Wanna Marry 'Harry'

The ladies are challenged to a game of cricket – because taking part in a reality competition for the attentions of a “prince” isn’t humiliating enough. (And because competitive tea drinking isn’t a sport yet.)

• SyFy
    Heroes of Cosplay

Midseason premiere: Cosplayers are back and gearing up to compete at Spider-Man creator Stan Lee’s Comikaze in Los Angeles.

• SyFy
    The Wil Wheaton Project

Series premiere: Wil Wheaton (Star Trek, The Big Bang Theory) dissects the week’s popular topics in science-fiction film, television and more.

• NBC
    The Night Shift

Series premiere: Eoin Macken (The Tudors) plays T.C. Callahan, a former army doctor who encounters a life-threatening situation on his way to the hospital where he works. The cast also includes Freddy Rodriguez (Ugly Betty), Jill Flint (Royal Pains), Ken Leung (Person of Interest), Brendan Fehr (Bones) and Daniella Alonso (Revolution).

• FX
    Fargo

Malvo seeks answers while Lester finagles a few of his own. Molly and Gus try to get past a setback in the investigation.

• MTV
    Awkward

A friendly group outing devolves as the night goes on, and Jenna realizes that she might still have feelings for Matty.

1. wrstlgirl says:

I’m gonna check out The Night Shift and I love Fargo.

2. Sims says:

TVLine we’ve had a great run, you guys deliver informative, fun, comprehensive and intelligent conversation about TV (my favourite thing) but this redesign is the opposite of all those things so it’s time to say goodbye. Good luck and thanks for all the links!

3. wrstlgirl says:

And your new site design Rocks!! :-)

4. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

AGT and Fargo for me. Also I like the redesign.

5. Interesting redesign.

6. Mary says:

Sorry to say this, but the redesign of the website is simply atrocious. Anything but user-friendly.

7. Jeff says:

Please go back to old design. This new design is beyond terrible. I used tvline all the time but now I have no desire to even come to it anymore. This is just bad. Sorry. Goodbye!

• Kim R says:

I so agree. I don’t mind change but this is not easy on the eyes at all. I greatly prefer the old design.

8. Lexy says:

Maaaaan, I came to TVLine because it had the best, cleanest, simplest design out there. The topics were what stood out, not the flashy design like it is now :/
    This is beyond awful, it’s just like the thousands other tv sites out there. Sad to say I will be getting my share of TV news from other sources from now on.

9. Katie_Mead says:

Fire your web-site designer (or just send them back to the tasks they were doing before failing so badly at this project). This new design makes the articles really difficult to read.

10. fmburgess says:

New design sucks. Cannot view any photos

11. Aryn says:

I LOVE TV line, but this new website design is horrible…please go back to the previous one, please!!!! Thanks

12. ggny says:

The Night Shift looks pretty good. Hopefully it can be like Rookie Blue good Summer TV each Summer. Also yes the new design in terrible. I mean really a white backround? It is really hard on the eyes

13. Penny says:

TVKine I love you. But ur site, my fave with its minimalist headlines, was SO easy and enjoyable to read. New site = giving me a headache. It’s not reader friendly. xo

14. EJ says:

I don’t really mind the redesign but why fix something that wasn’t broken to begin with?

15. Liz says:

The redesign isn’t super great for mobile devices (which is how I read this site 99% of the time). I’m all for some updating and new shiny things, but maybe tweek it a bit for readability?

Also, yay!! AGT is back!

• Mitch says:

Bring back the old website design, this version sucks!!! Font is harder to read and it is just not “TVLine”… you had the best entertainment site, clear, concise, readable, nice layout and color combos. I absolutely hate this version, and beg you to switch it back, it was awesome and so much better than Deadline, E!, etc.

16. Andrew says:

Perhaps you should do a poll and find out what readers think of the new design? I don’t mind it, but the font is a little wonky, particularly the italics for show titles. It looks messy.

17. melita says:

Arghh the damn font hurts my eyes. Why fix something that isn’t broken tvline!!

18. Gon says:

Please go back to your old design or change the design but at least still as simple as the old one. I leave tv news sites like EW or E! Because of their try-hard-to-be-edgy design. I mostly read the news from mobile phone and this is not as friendly as the former design, I still love the news on your site :)

19. David4 says:

The mobile site is horrible so I was afraid the regular would be just as bad. It’s not too bad besides the massive ad taking up half the screen on the homepage. The font needs to be fatter.

• Gon says:

It’s just as bad. The small and thin font plus the white background aren’t easy on the eyes

• Len says:

At least you found where to access the full site. I’m down to trying a magnifier to see if I can find the link on the mobile site to change.

Deadline switched a while ago to a forced mobile site. .on such sites, one cannot usually use enlargement techniques like pinching. I rarely use deadline anymore for my movie news.

• Len says:

Text so small couldn’t find the link to switch to full site,

Really hate companies that decide for me which version of a site I want by what device I am on,

20. JC1 says:

Medical shows aren’t really my genre, but I do want to at least try out Night Shift because of Eoin Macken and Jill Flint.
    As far as the redesign goes, I don’t mind the look of it, although I wish there was an option to see oldest comments first. But it is quite a bit more difficult to comment using my phone now. The alignment is weird, and refuses to do any kind of horizontal scrolling.

21. sara says:

this font sucks old car tires

22. MP says:

Sigh. I freely admit I do not like web design changes. Some I adjust to and some I don’t. Tvline’s website was among the best because it was clean, simple and kind of minimalistic, which I prefer and don’t find that often today. Too many sites want to be fancy with their designs. Like another poster said, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

23. Lisa says:

I guess I’m in the minority here but I really like the new design. Great job guys! It’s looks crisp and clear and I especially like the new larger font. I also am really liking this new layout for “What to Watch” without all those links mixed in. The only thing I would do is add a “Recap” button on top and have them all there neatly in one place. Keep up the good work.

• Len says:

The mobile site which is forced in you if you use a mobile device uses a fried size font and doesn’t allow pinching to ship rink or increase text size,

As most people are reading this site on phones, that leaves them forced with quite small print,

We are a society headed for a short sighted epidemic, worse thsn the fast food diabetic epidemic we are having,

The text is so small, and I am sure it is buried somewhere, but I could not find a link anywhere to not use the mobile site, that link should be big and front and centre.

24. Tran says:

First of all I really like this new and improved website makeover. Thanks tvline.com. Now what I’m really watching tonight is nothing from that list but I’m going to watch Game Five between the New York Rangers vs. the Montreal Canadiens.

25. Steve says:

Fargo
    The Night Shift

26. Joey Padron says:

AGT, check out Night Shift. DVR Fargo and Awkward.

27. Dee Clark says:

Where do I find the June calendar? The email said it was ready – I’m not seeing it – help!

28. Georgia says:

Dislike this new format.

29. Jim Clayton says:

Can’t get enough of Fargo..will DVR
    Nightshift. Got to check out AGT…
    Mobile look is stark…content is good!

30. Bob Smith says:

I’ll pass tonight.

31. Gonna check out Fargo, Awkward and The Night Shift

32. Aeol says:

Still getting used to the makeover, but nothing wrong with a little change. :) I typically read TVLine from my phone, and this is certainly a classier look.
    Tonight I’m recording AGT, and flipping back and forth between the Rangers/Canadiens and Extreme Weight Loss. Pretty undecided on everything else!