GLOW Renewed Season 2 Netflix

GLOW Renewed for Season 2

The gorgeous ladies of wrestling will be be back for Round 2: Netflix has renewed GLOW for a second season.

Season 2 will consist of 10 episodes, our sister site Deadline reports.

The Alison Brie-led comedy premiered in June. Netflix announced the renewal Thursday with a neon-tastic tweet:

The renewal comes after the streaming video service also ordered second seasons of Marvel’s Iron Fist, 13 Reasons Why and Dear White People.

Are you doing celebratory piledrivers after hearing the GLOW news? Hit the comments and let us know!

1. Erika Lennox says:

Fantastic news!!!

2. j3cubed says:

Awesome, thoroughly enjoyed the first season, I’m excited to see more

3. chuckiechk says:

went in not expecting much, ended up shocked at just how good the show was

4. Jason says:

Great News. More Alison Brie always brightens my day. And she’s amazingly commited to this role.

5. Lauren says:

YES! This show did not disappoint.

6. Steven says:

I watched the first season in 2 days but only because I was bored and it was a quick watch. I don’t think it was as good as everyone makes it out to be. I’ll watch the next season if I have nothing better to do.

7. “More glitz. More guts.”
    What they actually need more of is more screentime, which should help second season not have as many dropped/rushed storylines (and as a bonus an opportunity to show full intro in every episode as opposed to just one).
    A more consistent tone would also be nice. Their inability to at least sometimes fully commit to the drama angles of the story prevents the show from reaching its full potential. Santa Clarita Diet had the same problem. i wish they aimed for the tone more similar to Shameless, that perfected the comedy/drama formula.
    Oh, and one last thing. Please don’t let whoever edited the sound of the very last fight edit again. Absense of any sounds (like shouting of the crowd, screams of the ladies, sounds of punches) other than a Pet Benatar song, that is not nearly as hype-inducing as Journey’s Separate Ways from the first episode, really deflated the scene for me.

8. Dude says:

I liked the show but I hope the first season spends a little more time on the actual wrestling. It’s really obvious that this show was created by people who don’t know much/aren’t that interested in wrestling.

9. Agent 86 says:

Awesome!

10. Jared says:

GLOW was such a pleasant surprise. Loved it

11. Kriston Troy Brannan says:

I’m happy to hear the news. I felt GLOW was an amazing example of what a feminist show should be. It gave a message of female empowerment yet avoided being preachy, and didn’t rely on the tactic of making the male characters into either bad guys, castrated weaklings, or macho, sexist stereotypes (This last one is especially praise worthy, considering the subject matter. The few male pro-wrestler characters were really well done, and didn’t come across as wanna-be Hulk Hogan / Randy Savage rejects).

If the show can keep the focus on the relationships between the girls, and Sam and Bash, while still making us appreciate wrestling as an athletic form of entertainment, I think it’ll continue to do well for Netflix.

12. Jose says:

Well of course….. we need a rematch from the last fight lol

13. HAP says:

Personally, I thought Marc Maron made the show.