Exclusive

Grey's Anatomy: [Spoiler] Checks Out

Given what transpired in Grey’s Anatomy‘s Season 13 finale this should not come as a complete shock, but we’re hearing Dr. Arizona Robbins (Jessica Capshaw) is once again single and ready to mingle.

Marika Dominczyk, who joined the venerable ABC drama last November in the recurring role of Eliza Minnick, Grey Sloan consultant-turned-love interest for Arizona, will not be returning for Season 14, TVLine has learned exclusively. The character’s exit was foreshadowed in May’s finale when Eliza was abruptly fired by Bailey. In her final scene, she notified a shocked Arizona of her termination, although we never did see the couple officially break up.

ABC declined to comment on Dominczyk’s Grey’s status.

This marks the latest cast tweak ahead of Grey’s Anatomy‘s Season 14 kickoff on Thursday, Sept. 28 at 8/7c. As previously reported, Jerrika Hinton will not be back as Stephanie, while both Kim Raver and Matthew Morrison are set to reprise their roles as Teddy (aka Owen’s ex) and Paul (aka Jo’s horrible hubby) for multiple episodes. Additionally, TimelessAbigail Spencer has replaced Bridget Regan as Owen’s presumed-dead sister Megan Hunt.

Are you sad to see Minnick go? Get thee to the comments section and share your thoughts,

1. Kay says:

Ah and just as I was getting used to them. Hopefully they bring someone more likable along for her next time!

• Kay says:

And any chance Teddy will now be into women….?

• Grey's Fan says:

I wonder if Arizona’s new love interest will be a firefighter, therefore introducing the first new character for the spinoff…

Also, wouldn’t it be interesting to see more of the Arizona/April friendship and maybe have April explore her sexuality, given her character’s history that could be good.

• rebecca says:

Couple seasons ago there was a firefighter being treated by Arizona.. they were flirty and Arizona was about to ask her out when the FF’s girlfriend walked in. Maybe they can bring that storyline back around or bring back Hilarie Burton as Lauren Boswell, they had good chemistry.

• Nel says:

Great idea! She was hot for AZ!

• Just an fyi says:

That firefighter was played by Nikki DeLoach- her name was Charlotte.

• Haylscat says:

Yeah- I really liked her, and agree about their chemistry. I like that she was upbeat and smiley like AZ. I was actually really surprised that we didn’t see her again because it really felt like a set-up for a new love, and she seemed like much more than just a one episode character. PLEASE make this happen.

• Netti Pot says:

I mean that’s far-fetched. Now I could understand if April showed a little flirtation toward Arizona but I think it’s easy to see they’re just close friends.

• Pamela says:

I’ve been posting that I bet this will happy for over a year now. Since Jackson is probably going to hook up with Maggie now if it’s going to happen it’s this season or never.

2. T. says:

So disappointed :(

3. JM says:

Surprised she’s not returning. I expected her to be a regular. I liked her chemistry with Arizona. Oh well, guess another one bites the dust for Robbins.

4. Stacie says:

I dont know how long Kim Raver will be around. And I know she used to have thing for Owen and she was married to Henry. But she was close friends with Arizona. Maybe something can come from that. That would be interesting. Just sayin…

• Jeenee says:

I would like to see Teddy with Owen and move Amelia outta there and far far away.

• Toni says:

I agree! Amelia and Jo are the most annoying characters of Grey’s! I don’t understand why Shonda brought Amelia to the show because she is as boring as she was in Private Practice.

• Hannah says:

Haha I agree as well. Amelia is just a hot flailing mess all of the time – just like she was on Private Practice. Send Amelia packing and get Owen and Teddy together. They could have cute little ginger babies.

• Marilee says:

I totally agree can’t stand amelia or jo I wish Cristina would come back she was the love of Owens life

5. Tony says:

Well there was really no way back for the character. Loved her on brothers and sisters but I wanted this character down the elevator shaft first episode.
    I hope they bump Murphy to regular too.

• chpa says:

I heartily agree. I found Eliza’s character annoying and clueless. But, honestly, I am still fiending for my Callie.

• Sherry says:

Miss Callie too! Would love to see how she would react if she came back to find Arizona in a relationship!

• Hannah says:

They were broken up when Callie left though. And Callie left to go live with her girlfriend on the east coast. I doubt she would care.

• Reece says:

I agree, I didn’t like her either. Glad she’s gone. Maybe Callie will grow her hair back and return.

6. Jake L. says:

Hooray! Through no fault of Marika Dominczyk,who I believe did the best job she could, this misconceived character was the worst thing about season 13 and I’m so glad Bailey’s firing will stick. Arizona deserves better.

7. Douglas from Brazil says:

When Maggie will check out??

8. Laurie says:

I never really got into the Robbins/Minnick coupling. It felt very flat to me. It will be nice to see Teddy back though

• Reece says:

It felt forced, not like how she and Callie began. I don’t think she was comfortable being sexual with a woman. Hence the acting wasn’t great on her part and it seemed rushed.

• app says:

Funny people saying minnick and robbins were forced when it took ages for the first kiss, Torres and Robbins literally kissed first meeting….. Which r/s was Forced hmmmm

9. Mara says:

So glad Teddy is back — hope she gets together with Owen (and we can get rid of the annoying, immature, ridiculous Amelia) and helps him deal with his sister’s return.

10. Melodius Fluffenschvantz says:

I’m so glad to see her go!

11. They’re lesbians. Aren’t they supposed to stay together forever?

12. Natalie says:

Love the actress hate the character.

13. Matt C. says:

Not surprised after what happened to her character in the finale. But before that, I had expected her to become a regular this season, especially since the actress is married to Scott Foley, aka Shonda’s puppy. Hopefully now Arizona can get a worthy love interest!

14. Lu says:

I loved it, the character was extremely arrogant, the 13 season was horrible and one owed a lot to it.

15. cycworker says:

The actress grew on me. The character never did. I won’t miss her. I would love to have Callie back.

16. Patti says:

Not sad to see Minnick go. Didn’t like her character at all. Came close to not watching because of her so this is good news!

17. CC says:

SR should consider inviting Hilarie Burton to return as Arizona’s love interest for a couple of episodes as well. they have a history after all.

• dragons3 says:

I’d like to see Burton return too. So glad Minnick is gone. I like the actress, but the character was just odious.

• Pamela says:

Yes. Burton was the only love interest that had chemistry with the character of Arizona besides Callie, I wish she would come back.

18. Ashley says:

Glad she’s gone! Didn’t like her character from the get-go. Would really like to see Arizona with someone as likable as she is. Fingers crossed they come up with someone interesting. Not opposed to April…might work.

19. dsrbroadway says:

Never really cared for the Minnick/Arizona pairing, or Minnick in general. Just forced really forced most of the time.

20. Jenna says:

Glad Minnick left. Wish Arizona would go,too! PLEASE leave April alone! Really tired of SR making everybody lesbian. Save something for us straight people. Still hoping for an April/Jackson reunion. Even though Jesse Williams broke his wife’s heart.

21. Amber says:

The character didn’t work. No fault of the actress. Hopefully she lands somewhere else.

22. Lhooks says:

Teddy is just back for a couple of espoides…Teddy is on another show I can’t remember the name of the show but she does play a Dr. on it…..but then again that could change. Just like when I read Bridget Reagan was going to play Owen’s long lost sister. They change the character person.

23. Eunice Burns says:

Great actress, mediocre one dimensional character. There was nowhere for her to go storywise. Hope for great things for her!

24. Susan K. Rhoades says:

Kinnock was by far, the worst character ever, I hated her from day one and saw her agenda coming a mile away. I for one am so happy she isn’t coming back. Thank you.

25. Rosemary La Faso Zappia says:

Glad she’s leaving I found her annoying

26. Nicole Beeson says:

I was hoping Eliza would come back next season. I loved Arizona and Minink together.

27. jean watson says:

nope

28. Vivian James says:

I just love Amelia and Owen. I wish she could be more honest with him about the problems she had with her first baby.

29. Dee says:

Never liked Minnick…let’s see Arizona do some mothering. She has shared custody but we haven’t seen the kid…I’m just saying…

30. Leslie spreitzer says:

No I didn’t like her character anyway.

31. Pamela says:

Thank goodness they listen to fan feedback sometimes, Eliza was a horrible romantic love interest for Arizona given the writing they did for her.

32. No I didn’t like her anyway.

33. Trogdor777 says:

Wow! Lots of changes heading into the new season! Capshaw can act with most anyone! Aside from love interest, I always liked her scenes with Alex. P.s. Callie ain’t coming back anytime soon. Sara Ramirez publicly dissed ABC

34. kameron says:

arzinoa and eliza was perfec t together but now that callie is coming back arizona and callie will be together and then never split up but to do that will be the way to keep there love intact but letting elzia go will make alot of people mad teh should have kept her in as her annd arizona dating

35. Larc says:

Delighted obnoxious Minnick is leaving. Any chance self-centered Arizona will join her?

36. Jessica says:

After Arizona and Callie broke up for good, I really wanted a love interest for Arizona. She finally gets one and the character is cringeworthy. Nothing against the actress, but Eliza was just downright awful. The writers did her no favors. Hopefully, Arizona will get someone else this season. What if Owen’s sister Megan is bisexual? ;)

• Sawyer says:

Oh gosh hope so. Love Abigail Spencer. She is perfect for Arizona. Arizona doesn’t care if they are straight. LOL.

37. Kat says:

Nope. Glad she’s gone!!

38. Olivia says:

Gee, I wonder why ¬_¬

They went out of their way to make her disliked by the audience. I personally liked her a lot, but I can see why she didn’t positively impact the viewers. Too bad because Marika was cool and Eliza was a good match for Arizona, it was a pleasant constrast from bitchy and scornful Callie.

Oh well, I hope they either bring Lauren back or go the firefighter route, as suggested by many viewers since that injured firefighter appeared. I wouldn’t be surprised with that with the spin-off and all. I just want Arizona to be happy and finally catch a break. Even her friendships have taken many hits these past few years. It’s like we can’t see her having real friends, a girlfirend AND being a kickass surgeon in the same season FFS.

39. Jesly says:

Looks like the show is doing some damage control from the horrendous mess that was last season. Now only if they get rid of Maggie, Jo and Amelia. Then it’ll be hundred times better.

40. Jill Friedfeld says:

Everytime I start getting used to someone you guys don’t bring them back! It’s time to get Arizona back in a real relationship just like everybody else! Arizona needs a somebody…..

41. Emilie Horn says:

Marika is a talented Actress but her character does not fit well with the show. I am sad about Stephanie! Love Teddy and wish Alex and Jo will get married. Jackson and Keptner NEVER should have broken up. Is Christina ever making a guest re-appearance? Would love that…and she should be prego!

42. Glad she’s Gone, bye bye

43. Jessie says:

So happy, couldn’t stand her character

44. Rosalie Puckett says:

Please don’t put Meggie and Jackson together. I want him and April they have a kid been through so much they are a favorite couple I would love to see Meredith and Alex get together. Riggs never had chemistry with her and neither do Maggie or Jackson. Maggie needs someone else Sheppard and Hunt.

45. sheletha banks says:

No never really like the character. Just didn’t connect. Didn’t see the chemistry .

46. Karen Nicely says:

I just loved her on the show a great actress an people come an go but the real actor MCDREAMY I would love to come back to Maradeth I love this show so much I am bored with nothing to watch this is really what I love the most!!

47. Sandi Thompson says:

I am not sad to see her go. She wasn’t a likeable character at all! I am very upset that Jerricka Hinton is not returning! She was interesting and was fearless. She had to fight for everything she accomplished, and earned every bit of it!! In my opinion, epic fail!

• Kayte CookWatts says:

I think the actress is going to be on Alan Ball’s new show so probably a more interesting role. I am excited for it.

48. Kayte CookWatts says:

That’s too bad. I thought they were cute together.

49. Lisa Echerd says:

Good riddance to a very unlikable character. Instead of focusing on Arizona’s love life, give her more to do at the hospital. She hardly ever has any medical storylines anymore.