The Originals Season 5 Video

Originals Spinoff: CW Boss Confirms Hope-Centric 'Conversations'

Hope springs eternal, Vampire Diaries/Originals diehards.

Despite news that The Originals will be following its sister series into the great beyond this coming season, CW president Mark Pedowitz admitted at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Wednesday that he is not quite ready to put a final nail in the entire franchise. In fact, the exec confirmed what TVLine first reported this spring: the network is toying with the idea of launching a new series built around The Originals‘ Hope, who will experience a growth spurt at the start of Season 5.

“There’s been many conversations about the character Hope,” Pedowitz told reporters, before cautioning that “it’s too early in the process” to offer any concrete details. “Nothing has come out of it yet. [Series creator] Julie [Plec] really wants to get the final season of The Originals done.”

Plec previously told TVLine, “I think there are future shows down the line that can be spawned out of this world and could tell good stories.”

Are you, ahem, hoping for another show in the TVD/Originals franchise? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Ryan says:

Im going to miss this show.

2. Zack morris says:

Leading the franchise die would be horrible it has a worldwide following of diehard fans including me That I look forward to every fall I would love to see you continue please !!!!

3. Television says:

No no no. I want a spinoff with the Salvatore brothers. So many stories of their past when they were “young” and the things they did before. They were the most interesting characters out of all of them. I don’t want a spinoff of a spinoff. I want a spinoff of what made these shows popular, the Salvatore brothers. How cool would it be to show earlier periods in time with vampires.

4. Isabella says:

Yes please! But I would like to see it take place at the supernatural school so TVD and TO characters can drop by. I also want to see Alaric’s twins be a part of this.

5. Sarah G says:

I’ve loved both shows + would love *a* spinoff – but a Hope spinoff, with or without the magic school, is of NO interest to me!!! I still think them aging Hope up to being a teen is stupid af + the magic school concept puts me to sleep. Of all the poss spinoff options I could’ve imagined them thinking of – THIS is the stuff JP/the CW is interested in pursuing??? Sorry, as a BIG fan of the franchise – hard pass.

• Emily says:

Seriously hope Hope is more of a Vampire them a witch but looks as if they have already pre-ordained it as that

• Kayla says:

Well she wouldn’t be a vampire unless she drinks vampire blood and dies…. She would be a wolf but that is only if she kills someone… So that is why she has only presented her witch side which comes in no matter what….

• terri badge says:

sorry but she aleady has the vampire blodd in her from klaus but it will not be activated unless she dies remember that is how haley became part vampire from her blood, however the family bloodline were witches from the start until mom use the magic and changed them that is why she can not be vampire and witch one or the other so for now its witch

• kayla says:

you literally just further elaborated what I said minus the wolf talk. Regardless either way she will end up like her parents and just be a family of hybrids.

• terri badge says:

I AGREE WITH YOU SARAH SPIN OFF SHOULD BE CENTERED AROUND HER ADAPTING TO HER FAMILY AND HOW SHE HANDLES ALL THE ENEMIES IN HER LIFE SINCE THEY HAVE NOT REALLY INTERACTED AS A FAIMLY NOTHING WRONG WITH A LOVE INTEREST WOULD LOVE TO SEE KLAUS ADAPT TO THAT LOL

6. Cyndy says:

Love The Originals more than Vampire Diaries. Please keep it going with spin off if necessary. This show will be missed. Wasn’t nearly enough seasons.

7. Favs and onlys-American Horror Story-genius and Penny Dreadful👍then I got into period peices The Tudors wow and Reign. Then I found the Originals! Omg I couldn’t stop. The cast are just excellent creative actors, the show is smartly written just enough goo, goo.
    But its my buddy Klausy and Lil wolf! The witches are awesome…Frays. But yes lick🐶ng my lips waiting for 5th season!

8. Cyndy says:

I can’t believe This is the end 7 season not 5 bummer hate to see the show go

9. Melissa says:

No!!! as much as i liked tvd and the originals a hope spinoff is a terrible idea

10. Lidia says:

Yes, I would definitely like to see more series like VAMPIRE DIARIES and THE ORIGINALS!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️

11. Mariangelie Soto says:

My husband and myself are extreme fans of The Vampire Diaries as well as The Originals. These shows have so much amusement, drama and thrill that it is hard to accept it’s all coming to an end. My husband wishes the shows will continue forever but if they must come to an end I am glad to let that be as long as there is another show evolving the original family and Hope Mikaelson in the future.

12. Arthur Cunningham says:

Yes please I love this series, there’s not many I haven’t watched trublood,bitten Izombie but this series is far better than any I’ve watched ty and please bring a season 5 fast and in a hurry lol

13. Venus says:

I would of been interested to see more of the Originals cast continue with TVD cast that are living, but not a spin off of Hope. There is already other shows that deal with magical schools like the Magicians. Seem like they are just dragging out potential stories for the Originals and saving for the spinoff. Not cool

14. Shelia says:

I’ve watched both franchises from the beginning. fell in love with all the characters and their stories. It saddens me deeply to see them go. Having TO to rely on after TVD helped ease the transition so if there is a chance for an Originals spin-off with Hope . I’m all 4 it!

15. Nikki says:

I actually really like this idea. Add in Lizzie and Josie as main characters and see the three of them kick ass and go on adventures. They have left the school behind for a new town/city and the world is theirs. I would watch that for sure. Although I would watch anything centred in this universe.

16. bluepasj says:

It would be stupid of CW to let this franchise die so relatively early. She would be from having a superhero and vampiric exploitables to having only superheroes. Besides, I find this idea of continuation amusing. And with it being a different show, if it’s bad, no harm done.

17. rose bryan says:

Why start another spinoff onto another show.The Originals is a great show and to young to be final.I personally won’t watch another spin off if cancelling this one. It needs to go on.Best show on the CW

• terri badge says:

yes true why start another they can emerge hope right in the originals as a young adult breaking into her own besides a spin off without the originals involved does not seem to exciting my opinion

• Nicola Davidson says:

The best EVER!!!!!!

18. Jane says:

Pretty much whatever trouble Hope might face, knowing Mikaelsons, Hayley, Caroline and Alaric, these characters would step in and help Hope till she’s safe. So if instead Hope is defeating serious supernatural threat with her friends while her family sits back and wishes luck to he, it’d be just unrealistic.

19. Erick Voshel says:

Looking forward to the new spin-off. I’m sure it will be awesome!

20. Tonja Edwards says:

Yes yes yes….the Originals are like the best thing on tv right now. I fight with traffic on Fridays without getting mad cause I don’t want my mood to bad when the Originals comw on….I’m in love with Klaus and just adore the rest….but I love this show and I’m just sadden by its end. I was gonna audition just to see Klause 😍. Please stay…..
    Sign
    A loyal fan
    Tonja

21. Divya says:

Yes, we’re hoping for at least one more season with HOPE, no matter what the series’ title is.. Originals 6 or…… But HOPE is a character that can be explored enough for nearly two seasons or even more..

22. Divya says:

Yes, we’re hoping for at least one more season with HOPE, no matter what the series’ title is.. Originals 6 or…… But HOPE is a character that can be explored enough for nearly two seasons or even more……..there are many traits she can have.. And many situations too.. It’s just too sad to miss them on screen

23. Phyllis says:

I love the idea of a spinoff. With the Salamanca twins it could be what Secret Circle never quite pulled off-a show about witches.

24. Karen Schorb says:

I would love to see a spin off with a Hope don’t want to see the whole series go from TVD now the originals so yes I like to see it go on

25. Irma clarke says:

I want the originals to continue. I really do not want any spinoffs. Why can cell something that’s not broken.

26. Tigger says:

That sounds so stupid and complete waste of time to do can’t they come up with anything new. They ended the vampire diaries which was better then originals now thats ending and there talking a spin off of that. Wasteful.

27. Gift says:

As if we didn’t know this would come up.

28. Sasha says:

The vampire diaries was so much better until Elena left. Now originals is so much better. I would definitely be interested in watching a spin off of the originals. I wouldn’t mind if Hope was the main character, as long as they keep the other main characters: Elijah, Klaus, Hayley etc

29. Kyng says:

Nah. They are killing off the Originals in order to produce TVD 2.0. Not interested in the slightest.

30. Zane Charles says:

The originals and the vampire diaries are and were my past times from a long day even reruns I would start from the beginning in anticipation of the upcoming season and to see both of them die, when I know there are so many more stories to tell breaks my heart #alwaysandforever #anythingforfamily #nothingiwouldn’tdoformyfamily #no one messes with my family and survives, these are the things that make even the nonefictional lives we life grow toward what family should be

31. Elizath says:

I love the originals 😭😭😭😭

32. Sunshine Creger says:

Both these show are not just shows to some they became a family looking forward to waking up and seeing them daily. I cried, laughed, got upset, even yelled but most of all I will miss the bond and love that each character had for each other. I love, love these show it gave me hope of how family truly is at the end. Definitely sad to part ways. I would be insanely happy for another season or two… 😉

33. Jamie J says:

I”m not happy that season 5 is the last of The Originals! It should have at least had 8 seasons like TVD – i would have loved more than 8 as i have always loved The Originals more than TVD although season 5 is the last of TO, today’s news of a (likely highly) probable spinoff to TO, based around Hope; for me, I like this news very much! We will get to explore just how powerful she is and will become, and just who and what Hope is exactly, as we haven’t even touched the surface with her as of yet! Very excited about this news – so it better happen!

Not ready or willing to loose our connection with The Originals world and this series concept with Hope sounds very good!!!

34. Tracey says:

Yes I would love to see more of them and the Salvatore brothers

35. Denise Anderson says:

I watched vampire diaries then the originals. I love the originals I don’t even let anyone talk while it’s on I’m going to miss it.

36. Sandra Mccrary says:

The Originals definitely have made watching television exciting again.
    I loved TVDs and hated that it came to a complete end. There’s still hope for The Originals to continue. I am ecstatic over this is a possibility, via Hope Mikaelson! There’s just so much story left. I sincerely hope that the original characters in The Originals will have mini parts in the series. I could never get sick of The Originals.

37. Tt says:

I would be heart broken if the end this show

38. DEIDRA says:

I want the originals to continue…I so love Elijah and Klaus… I am a die heart fan cried when vampire diaries faded…Now you talk about no more originals…

39. If they ever do that it will be garbage i don’t care about Hope she’s a total garbage…

40. i need minimum 10 season plZz. don’t stop the series at 5

41. Anne S. says:

I would love to see how Hope grows and matures providing that characters from the Originals make an appearance or have somewhat recurring roles in the show. Can’t have Always and Forever without the Mikaelsons?

42. Kellee Francis says:

Yes deffinatly make more series like originals and vampire diaries

43. Lisa says:

Please please please find a way to keep The Originals going, or at least another spinoff would be great. I love these characters!

44. Karen Riffe says:

I love the Vampire Diaries and the Originals. Have been watching from the start. So I would love to see anything continue. I have always been into vampires and werewolves and of course witches. So yeah let’s go it.

45. Latoya Whitfield says:

I love The Originals please don’t take it off I’m begging! I love all the characters, lol…I wait patiently to watch the show. This will break my heart if I can’t watch this show😔

46. Maggie Stewart says:

Ummm yeah, it broke our hearts when the vampire diaries came to an end w/o a full 20+ episodes in season 8 and now they’re taking away our originals after only 5 seasons! The only 2 shows I’ve even cared about for the past 8 yrs there has to be more!

47. I am vampire diaries fan Sept 9,2009 until now,I miss them terriblely wonder what% is happen on set,sorry I bothered you about vampire diaries season 8 or 9 release date,please it’s been boring

48. Kathleen Lynn Kyslinger says:

I don’t VD or Orinignals go but a spin off with Caroline girls and Hope would be great.

49. white 74 says:

The Originals are my most favorite show,this last season had me in tears,don’t let this show end with the brothers
    not knowing each other.I’m still upset about the way it ended,Klaus knew Elijah but it seemed like Elijah didn’t know Klaus,it can’t stay that way,family has to stick together,they have to stick together.We the fans need more time more years.This show is ending way to soon.How can there be a spin off for Hope if Klaus and Elijah and Hayley and Rebecca and Kol and Freya are not in in,and Marcel.I would love to see Klaus be able to show Marcel his love for him as a father and be able to call him son,and for Hope to know that Marcel is her brother and that family can be chosen also,and let Marcel know and feel that Hope is his sister no matter what has happened with him and Klaus in the pass are what’s to come,Let Hope know Marcel has been there since the day she was born,a big brother protecting her.If you’re going to end them i hope you end them right,So so so so sad they are ending.I could have watched them for another 10 years are even longer.I love this show,and I will truly miss watching Klaus and Elijah and Rebecca and Marcel,and please let Elijah be able to tell Marcel that he has always cared for him,because he also loved Marcel,he just loved Klaus more.

50. Lizzie says:

Well, as long as it has the original main characters such as Klaus, Elijah, Rebecca, and Hailey then I would be all for a spin off. Otherwise, I will not waste my time. Those characters are the reason why I watched the show,The Originals. It was interesting to watch those characters evolve over time. Plus they are vampires!