Comic-Con

Legends of Tomorrow: Snart and Darhk Return, Arthur Darvill Now Recurring

Season 3 is looking very Cold and Darhk for the Legends of Tomorrow.

The CW has announced that Wentworth Miller and Neal McDonough will reprise their roles as former Legion of Doom members Leonard Snart and Damien Darhk. McDonough will be a series regular, while Miller will recur.

In other casting news, original cast member Arthur Darvill will return as Rip Hunter but as a recurring guest star. Watch for Rip to butt heads with the time-tinkering Legends as the boss of the newly formed Time Bureau.

As previously reported, Rip’s vacated seat aboard the Waverider will be filled by Zari Adrianna Tomaz (new series regular Tala Ashe), a Muslim-American computer nerd with a wry, combative attitude who hails from the year 2030. Also on tap for Season 3 is a mini-Titanic reunion between Victor Garber and Billy Zane, who is set to put in an appearance as politician/showman P.T. Barnum, who founded Barnum & Bailey Circus (aka “The Greatest Show on Earth”).

Legends kicks off its third season on Tuesday, Oct. 10 at 9/8c, following the Season 4 premiere of The Flash.

1. Arthur Darvill was they only reason to watch this show

• Rick says:

Season 2 was actually better than Season 1 without his drama weighing the show down.

• Chris says:

Agreed they took a big step forward in season 2. Hope there’s more snart than last season.

• wgsecretary says:

I also tuned in for Arthur Darvill originally. I wish he were sticking around more. Yes, I agree season 2 was better than season 1. But, I don’t think it’s fair to blame that on Rip. I think the writing was generally subpar in season 1.

2. Joey Padron says:

Good news both of them will be back on the show in new season! Glad Arthur will have a recurring role in season 3. I can’t wait to see the new season!

3. Kevin Mayne says:

i am out

4. Lynne says:

SNART!!!!

5. V.J. says:

I´m sad about Arthur Darvill only reccuring because he was the only reason I even started to watch this show. Usually I don´t quit because one character is killed off/an actor is leaving/demoted but I had already a hard time staying interested in last season (I think partly because I don´t like any of the other charactes tbh) and I think they really screwed over the character… I´ll check out the new season and see if I´ll stick around depending on the story…

6. Dominique says:

so… mick dropped off snart back in his own timeline and wiped his memories.. and someone else/darhk is just going to yank him away from that again and make him hate the legends AGAIN?
    I’m really happy to see snart back again, but i did not watch snart go through character development and become a better man of it for 4 years, just so i can watch this version again. also; they’ll take him away from us again as well eventually, when he has to go back to his own timeline. not awesome.

7. Lucy says:

Yeah, that’s me (sort of) out. Arthur was the reason that I was watching it and while I like some of the other characters like Jax and Stein – they are not enough for me to watch it live – likely I’ll end up waiting until the season is over. I lost interest in the beginning/middle of S2 and only caught up in the Christmas then paid attention once Arthur returned.
    I wonder if it was Arthur’s decision or the writer’s choice. I think it’s a waste, Arthur deserves more, he’s great at comedy.

8. Kevin Mayne says:

Ugh I am out

9. ChrisGa says:

Hmm…gotta say, disappointing news. Cold doesn’t bother me much(though Miller’s scenery chewing can be awfully distracting) but Damien Darkh is the worst “big bad” the Arrowverse has ever produced; he needs to stay lost in the past(though just plain dead is good, too).

10. Red Snapper says:

Well that’s a bummer. I love Arthur Darvill. I hope we still get a good amount of Rip. I wonder if he’s too busy working in the U.K? I’ll have to check to see if he’s landed any other roles. Or maybe he just misses home? Do we know what version of Snart we’ll be getting? I hope whatever version, it’ll be close to season 1 Snart. I really liked how much he grew as a character. More Damien Darhk is always fun, well at least Legends’ version.

11. Joe says:

Yeah, not feeling this at all. I’m always excited to see new challenges for the heroes, not have recurring old ones.

Frankly, I thought Reverse Flash was just plain annoying last season. I mean, he had a very unfair advantage against the heroes. Malcolm was inoffensive at best. While at this point, Darhk is becoming like Reverse Flash and I’d really not want to see the old Snart back.

Very dumb decisions.

12. King says:

More Dahrk? Ugh. I thought we’ve seen the last of him already.

13. Brigid says:

Damien Darhk is like Malcolm Merlin, he’s overstayed his welcome. Enough already, let him die!

14. DawnElicia says:

Agreed Arthur Darvil was the main reason I watched. Last season was better. But I kept wondering where is Rip. The show didn’t get interesting into he came back. I actually don’t care that much about the show as much now if it’s going to be not that much Rip Hunter.

15. DawnElicia says:

Love Captain Cold glad he will be back. Can we have some interaction with White Canary. I do not watch Arrow so I missed Damien’s run on there. I enjoy the actor from captain America and loved him this past season with Malcom. They made it more interesting without Rip being there. So I’m curious how that will play into things.