Comic-Con

The Flash Season 4 Trailer: Getting Barry Back Is a Matter of Life and Death

Yeah, the members of Team Flash miss Barry Allen an awful lot, ever since he sacrificed himself to the Speed Force prison. But in the trailer for Season 4, which premiered at the San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, they are handed an extra reason to get their team leader back.

Because if they don’t produce the scarlet speedster, all of Central City will die. At the hands of some supernatural saber-rattling samurai-type monstrosity!

Also glimpsed in the trailer above, which points to Candice Patton’s Iris delivering the season premiere’s opening voiceover in Barry’s stead:

* Caitlin’s back, brandishing a big gun and seemingly right as rain…?

* Cisco channeling Han Solo (when he isn’t mourning his BFF)

* And at the very end, what appears to be a gung-ho, gadget-filled attempt to extract Barry from the Speed Force, in the name of saving their city.

The Flash returns Tuesday, Oct. 10 at 8/7c.

Flash Cast Video: Will ‘Scrambled’
Barry Return in Time for His Wedding?

1. Stacie says:

Any news if Tom Felton will be back?

2. Dominique says:

looks awesome!
    co-signing the first question asked; do we know if tom felton will be back?

3. Diana says:

So good! And I’m here for team leader Iris West!

4. Love everything I’ve seen, heard and read so far.
    Star Labs looks good as new. Cait is back. Iris is sleeping on the couch and trying to honor Barry’s legacy. Carlos heard my pleas and didn’t cut his hair.
    The moment Barry emerges from the speed force is sure to be amazing, and I’m looking forward to seeing him reunite with his fiancée. I cannot wait for season 4!

5. Joey Padron says:

Good trailer for the new season. Good to see Caitlin back with the team. I can’t wait to see season 4!

6. Lydia Amah says:

awww our queen misses her King.glad he is coming back much sooner than I thought. this season is going to be epic

7. ndixit says:

I just love this cast so much. Even when the show was not doing so great at times last season, the cast is just charming enough to get me through that. I’m really psyched to see that they are bringing back more levity. Its much needed after a pretty dark season and a half. I hope they don’t PTSD Barry because that will again be a dark swirl they will again have trouble getting out of. Very curious about Caitlin’s story. I like her look in the trailer. I hope this season Caitlin has a mixture of her natural kindness and willingness to help combined with KF’s sass and assertiveness. It would be nice to have a kind of a kick ass Caitlin. The only thing I am not so big on is Iris being leader of Team Flash. I hope its just a temporary thing because she really needs a storyline outside of Barry. She and Barry can be together and get married but they need to have storylines which aren’t just about each other.

8. Mo says:

Fastest man alive are Wally, Savitar & Zoom (& probably Jay too) so which of these guys was she supposed to marry? Wally in the Flash suit makes sense now. Iris as team leader is just more propping up of a LI. Is Caitlin using Captain Cold’s gun?! Cisco gung ho to save Barry who is responsible for Dante’s death is never going to be not jarring.
    Miss Julian already.