Comic-Con

Flash Cast Video: Will 'Scrambled' Barry Return in Time for His Wedding?

When The CW’s The Flash opens Season 4 (on Tuesday, Oct. 10), Barry is still trapped in the Speed Force, and becoming worse for the wear.

“[It’s a] pretty overwhelming experience,” Grant Gustin shared with Michael Ausiello in TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite. The longer he stays (voluntarily) imprisoned, “He’s getting a little scrambled… [and I] don’t think he will be same Barry when he comes out.”

In the meantime, since “the city still needs protecting,” Candice Patton says Team Flash “is finding a way” — and with Iris stepping up as team leader. “But yeah, we need Flash back,” she says.

Elsewhere in the video Q&A above: Keiynan Lonsdale talks about how the assorted team members have distinct ways of coping with Barry’s absence; Tom Cavanagh breaks the news to his castmates that not everyone was a fan of H.R. (R.I.P.); and the topic eventually comes around to whether the November date spied on Barry and Iris’ Save the Date cards means a sweeps (or Red?!) wedding.

All told, Danielle Panabaker says that Season 4 promises to be “a lot of fun,” bringing much of the series’ original “levity back.”

Want more scoop on The Flash, or for any other show? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Confused32 says:

Is Tom Felton coming back this season?

• Lynne says:

That’s what I want to know. I don’t recall anything happening to Julian in the finale. Based on his instagram though, it looks like Tom is off traveling and new season started filming in the last couple weeks. So who knows. I hope so though, he and Grant worked great off of one another.

• V.J. says:

This is the question I had going into Comic Con and I hoped somebody would answer it… I mean… he was only recurring. If they are doing a time jump (didn´t somebody say that?) though and Caitlin was gone in the meanwhile they could probably explain his abscene with something like “Nothing to hold him here” (even if they don´t do a time jump…). Personally I hope to see him come back even just for a few episodes…

• Lynne says:

I think when they announced last year about Tom joining the show, he was said to be a regular, not recurring. That gave me hope that he would stay beyond the last season.

• Mo says:

From the lack of mentions at SDCC I’d say Julian is gone. Which is too bad as he & Barry were fun to watch.

2. Lauren says:

*Screams* y’all better not be playing with me. Barry and Iris deserve their happy ending and a wedding is just the start. I’m so excited to see what’s in store for them this coming season. Don’t let me down writers.

3. Naina says:

“They’re engaged, and their relationship is going to progress…”
    “There should be a wedding, for sure…” “Yeah, there should definitely be a wedding…”

Also, Todd’s coyness about November sweeps speaks volumes. I sense a Westallen wedding is in store for this season, which has me super excited!

4. Red Snapper says:

I’m excited for the new season and to see how everyone is doing without Barry. I’ve also been wondering whether or not Tom Felton is returning. I liked Julian on Team Flash. Also, I had no idea Keiynan is what, Australian? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him in an interview before though. Learn something new everyday.

5. Diana says:

A fun interview! Thanks for sharing! I hope Iris and Barry get married! (Like others, I’m also curious if Tom Felton will be back.)

6. Lu says:

i’m freaking out over westallen getting married this season, I’ve waited for this since season 1.

7. I’m looking forward to see how Team Flash copes without Barry and how he gets out of the speed force. I’ll jump for joy when Barry and Iris get married. As for H.R., I liked him. His fanfics, his coffee addiction, his decorating skills and how nice he was to everybody. Anybody knows if Tracy Brand is still on Team Flash? Between the failure of her speed force bazooka an the death of H.R., I’m kind of worried about her.

8. Joey Padron says:

Good interview with the cast. Glad the show will return to their light fun like in season 1. It’s not good for the show to go too dark like they did in season 3 and a bit in season 2. Hope Tom Felton comes back!

9. Jason says:

I hope Jessie is around a lot more this year, because, despite the fact that they don’t seem to like having more than two women on this show on a regular basis, her presence is missed when it’s not around. On that same note, I would love to see the return of Golden Glider. As much as I like Gypsy, I enjoyed Glider with Cisco even more. I’d love to see both women fighting for his affection, because that would be potentially hilarious. And I can’t wait to for Caitlin/Frost’s arc this year. As long as Danielle Panabaker is on my screen, I’m happy.

10. Television says: