Comic-Con

Video: Arrow's Stephen Amell Reacts in Real-Time to That Big Season 6 News (Warning: Extremely Foul Language)

To say Arrow star Stephen Amell is a gigantic Michael Emerson fan is a gargantuan understatement. I learned this first hand Saturday inside TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite when I unwittingly broke news of the Lost and Person of Interest star’s Season 6 casting to Amell and several of his cast mates.

And the typically unflappable actor proceeded to freak the you-know-what out.

I’m f–king fired up!” Amell exclaimed. His equally-as-stoked co-star Echo Kellum shouted, “Holy s–tballs!”

Exec producer Wendy Mericle, meanwhile, all but confirmed that Emerson’s character will have at least a trace of evil in his DNA, teasing that his top-secret alter ego is “morally compromised.”

Elsewhere in the video Q&A above: Mericle addressed (my personal theory/hope) that Felicity and Oliver will tie the knot alongside The Flash‘s Barry and Iris in a wedding-themed November sweeps crossover event; Amell assessed Oliver’s fitness is a parent; and Emily Bett Rickards floats an alternate title for Arrow that starts with an “E” and ends with a “N.”

1. Stephen’s slow realization of the news about Michael Emerson is OUTSTANDING.

2. Lysh says:

I LOVE THIS CAST
    I thought Stephen was joking, but they’re genuine reaction about Michael Emerson was amazing!

3. Lizzie says:

Michael Emerson is an awesome casting for this show. I really hope he plays Cayden James and we get to see him with Felicity. That would be fantastic.

lol at Stephen’s reaction though!

• Lizzie says:

Oh, forgot. NO to a double wedding. I want Olicity to get married on their own. Both couples deserve their own weddings.

• Lyla says:

Yeah, I can understand the possible appeal of a crossover like that, I mean spectacle-wise, but it doesn’t seem right for either of the couples. I really think the Olicity wedding should be small and intimate, and either way I just think they are both iconic couples that deserve their own day.

• Lizzie says:

I can see the appeal from a marketing perspective for both shows. I just don’t think it’s a good idea. Both couples deserve their own weddings. Plus double weddings is so cheesy, the idea makes me cringe! lol

4. That is a very low bar for “extremely foul language”.

5. kath says:

Yeah!! to Michael Emerson.

No, no, no, no to a joint wedding. Let Barry and Iris get their own storyline.

6. Karen says:

What’s the point of asking for our questions if they are never asked. Like I know plenty of us asked Black Siren questions and nothing was asked

7. Red Snapper says:

Their reactions were awesome. That is pretty much how I’d react. Question, isn’t The Vampire Diaries the second longest CW show? At first I thought he wasn’t counting Supernatural because it originated on The WB but then he named it as the longest running show. Is the episode count somehow longer for Arrow?

8. Actually there was a report out a month or so ago that said Oliver’s love interest for S6 would be Dinah, so that shoots down any Felicity wedding.

And I’m getting the feeling that Wendy was alluding to a Crisis storyline as the crossover for this year considering Supergirl and Superman are on a different Earth.

• Lyla says:

I seriously can’t imagine what ‘report’ you are talking about, aside from pure trolling. If you did’t get the not so subtle hint about Oliver and Felicity getting back together at the end of last season then here’s some truth tea. 1st, the whole SDCC has been in talks about an Olicity wedding (!!!), just check the interviews. 2ndly, Stephen recently answered an ask at a con that said ”do we have to wait a whole season for an Olicity wedding?” with ‘Ī don’t think so”. David Ramsey has been talking about a wedding this season for months. Echo recently laughed that someone from the team should officiate that wedding. Oh, and there’s an interview from today (or yesterday, depending on your time zone) in which Stephen Amell says he hopes Oliver and Felicity get married, because Oliver’s been waiting for so long. There is also an interview with M. Guggenheim (from yesterday) where he has said they settled on Oliver’s one great love as Felicity in season 2 and he has no interest in love triangles. See, I could go on and on, because the last few days have been like a gold mine of approval that Olicity isn’t going anywhere, but I got bored. I hope you check your ‘ŗeports’ better next time. Cheers!

• Lizzie says:

That’s fake. I’m up to date on all spoilers and news on this show and they’ve never said Dinah was Oliver’s love interest. Ever! There was an article on EW that said Dinah was getting a love interest but all spoilers indicate Oliver and Felicity are back together and heading for marriage. Sorry dude.

9. Joey Padron says:

Good and funny interview with the cast. I love Stephen’s reaction of the news of Michael Emerson being cast on the show.

10. Lyla says:

I haven’t watched Lost, but Person of Interest is one of my all time favorite shows, so OMG OMG OMG!!! I know this sounds fake, but it has actually crossed my mind a couple times (while re-watching PoI) that Michael would be perfect for Arrow. Frankly, I didn’t think they could get him. Maybe I underestimate the value of work. Either way, I understand Stephen. Cool interview, love almost everyone on this cast!

11. Uno says:

Great interview… Love the cast… Emily was looking stunning as always.. My Man echo had the 1984 crenshaw permed pimp look down perfectly… I could barely look away

12. Wiwi says:

Cool!!!!!!! Awesome the wedding Olicity!!! Already was the time. OMG.

13. PRJ says:

This was such a fun interview to watch! I’m so stoked for Michael Emerson to grace his presence on Arrow!

As for my biggest wish this season, I hope they trim down the cast. Curtis has become a waste of space and brings nothing to the show. His jokes aren’t funny and I’m just tired of the character.

Black Siren who I’m not really sure why she’s back can also leave. She’s unnecessary. The show doesn’t need a mid-level lackey as a regular. And if this wasn’t Katie Cassidy I doubt the writers would incorporated one into season 6. Even if the show gives the character a redemption arc her character will become redundant because we already have Dinah Drake…

Anyways – I’m excited for the new season. I can’t wait to see Diggle/Felicity/Oliver face new challenges

14. PRJ says:

15. Muffy says:

I know weddings are sweeps staples but I don’t think it should happen in the crossover. It should happen in the other sweeps month. It would be cool if they did are able to do Crime Syndicate for the crossover. Of course they cannot use Ultraman & Co. but they can use other lesser known villains.