Comic-Con
The 100 Spoilers Comic-Con

The 100 @ Comic-Con: The Cast Talks New Enemies, New Looks and (Potential) New 'Ships in Season 5

Clarke’s new hair isn’t the only big change coming to The 100 in Season 5.

The cast and EPs of the CW series — Eliza Taylor, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropoulos, Lindsey Morgan, Richard Harmon, Chris Larkin, Dean White and Jason Rothenberg — assembled Friday for the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panel, where they revealed all kinds of craziness about the adventures still to come:

* “The prison ship [from the season finale] is from Earth,” Rothenberg revealed. “They’re from before the first apocalypse. They were in hyper-sleep for 100 years. They’ve come back to this planet that they don’t recognize. All that’s left is this Garden of Eden that Clarke’s been living in with her daughter.”

* “It’s nice to be playing someone a little closer to my age,” Taylor said of the time jump. “It’ll be exciting to see her as a 24-year-old woman who’s been through so much, and is now taking on this maternal role.”

* “Octavia doesn’t have a clue what she’s doing,” Avgeropoulos admitted, “but she doesn’t want to set off chaos with 1,200 people in the bunker. … You’ll see what her plan is to keep the peace and how she reprimands others in her own special way.”

* “Raven is so special because she’s so smart,” Morgan said. “She’s a key ingredient in the mix for their survival. Her heart weighs on her a lot. The only reason everyone is in space is because of Raven.”

* “All of us have to change up [in space],” Harmon said. “It’s freeing in a lot of ways. Over six years, a lot of therapy can happen. Murphy’s definitely going to change.”

* “Harper is Monty’s main lifeline at the current moment,” Larkin said. “He owes her his life. She chose him. I don’t know if they’re still together. … Maybe Monty and Murphy are together. It’s been six years!”

* New series regular Tasya Teles also arrived on stage to talk about Echo’s future: “I think about it a lot. Who will she become friends with? … I was thinking she’d get close to Raven for some reason. They’re girls who get things done. I see those two having an alliance.”

* Rothenberg wouldn’t say whether any new couples have formed during the time jump, but he reminded us that “six years is a long time.”

* As for what everyone will look like in Season 5, the cast has no shortage of ideas. (But don’t expect Morley to grow his own beard. He says they’re looking into the show’s beard budget.)

Your thoughts on The 100‘s panel reveals? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Lysh says:

SDCC lands at a time when some shows don’t even completely know what’s going to happen yet, like in the case of The 100. The video was great though. It’s weird calling the little girl Clarke’s daughter, but I’m excited to see that side of Clarke. Hopefully Echo learned to be a nicer person in six years.

• Drayad says:

• Drayad says:

I thought the “daughter” reference was weird too…she looked older than 6 yrs old. Oh and what man did she have sex with after Finn? Maybe I missed something…I did binge watch 4 seasons lol

• S says:

Maddie isn’t Clarke’s biological daughter. Clarke found her (I’d guess she was maybe 5 or 6 at the time) and raised her (she looked maybe 11 or 12, though I’m not great at judging kids’ ages).

• Lysh says:

Yeah, I know she isn’t a bio-daughter. Just using the term sorta through me off. She doesn’t even call her “mom” in the trailer. She’s more like a guardian/big sis. Congrats on binging all 4 seasons! That sounds intense haha

• Andrea says:

Maybe she only calls her mother in grounder language. Madi’s mother is long dead and Clarke basically raised her through some of the most crucial years of her life. As Rothenberg said, they are bonded in the way mother and daughter would be.

2. Bonnie says:

I love this show, can’t wait for Seson 5!

3. Dominique says:

well of course new ships will have formed, jason can act mysterious about this, but a lot happens during 6 years, especially with people who’ve been locked up together. i wouldn’t be at all surprised if some of the pairings broke up and new ones got together.

4. Sabrina says:

Wowww can’t wait!!!!!!!!!

5. Ben says:

I really hope that the story behind the little girl end up been a way more complex than that “fairy tail” ’cause i was hoping for a bunch of nightbloods to become the “Clarkekrew” in the surface instead of having just 2 survivors (a baby surviving alone enought time to be found in the middle of all that caos by Clarke?.. nope.. bs!). And even when i really like Murphy and Raven.. i’m a waaay more intrigued about the state of the people inside the bunker (hope that they cut some fat there :P). Gosh.. the w8 for the next season is every year harder.

6. Kristen says:

That moment of the video “100 and 1…” Clarke talking about Bellamy! We need Bellarke already! I can’t wait for season 5!

7. With the new commers I’m thinking they will break in to three groups the guards the good prisoners the tip of people were in jail for weight collar crime tip things and the bad criminals the serial killer tips and unfortunately this being the 100 that will be the group that as some how taken power.

8. Jill Thomas says:

The 100 is my favorite shows and it’s never on enough

9. LaDetra Robinson says:

This is absolutely a great series, hands down. I can not wait wait for the new seasons. I love it.

10. Jami says:

This is absolutely the best show on network television. Thank CW for believing in the show. Man I wish more people watched this show. Thank goodness for Netflix. I think Season 5 will be awesome.

11. cécélf says:

The little girl cqn be seen hiding in the lab in the last episode, we see her during a brief moment in the background

12. I still don’t understand how Clarke got to have a daughter, after all she appears to be lesbian….i need someone to explain to be……

13. Reine says:

Murphy and Raven anyone…?

14. Maury Ken. says:

Sounds dope…cant wait for the release Mr Rothenburg….thats the best series ever!

15. Courtney Boss says:

I love love love this show and I am so happy that Clarke servived! And I think that Belemy and Echo will be a power couple because they are stuck in space and and have always had a connection. And I can’t wait to see Octavia she is my favorite by far she’s a bad ass

16. NightOwl says:

Episode five season four tell us how and how is on the ship of the new arrivals at the end of season four listen to Jackson in the background when raven is floating in the air

17. Matricia paquette says:

I’ve been watching the 100 since the beginning .. I’m very happy to see a season 5 coming up .. I love all the cast so it’s hard to choose anyone in particular as they all support each other .. I’m in my late 60’s .. & find that this show is very real as to what is coming in our future on our beautiful planet .. so thank you all so very much for this. Series The 100 .. season 5 .. & hopefully season 6 .. congrats to everyone in the cast past present & future. ☺