Comic-Con
iZombie Season 4 Spoilers

iZombie @ Comic-Con: Robert Knepper Promoted to Series Regular in Season 4

iZombie shook things up in its third season by revealing the undead to the world — and the surprises have only just begun.

The cast and executive producers of the CW series — Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Robert Buckley, Rahul Kohli, David Anders, Aly Michalka, Rob Thomas and Dianne Ruggiero-Wright — assembled for the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panel on Friday to tease what’s next for Liv & Co:

* “Season 3 was a dream,” Thomas joked atop the panel, explaining that revealing zombies to the world was always part of the show’s long-term plan. “Admittedly, we … might have gotten there a little sooner than we thought.”

* As for how Liv feels about the crisis in “New Seattle,” McIver said, “At least she has this community of people around her who know and support her. … It’s going to be interesting what side of the fence she falls on. Her position on the whole thing will find a new identity for her throughout the season.”

* “I love playing the human dynamic,” Kohli said. “It’s what the audience can connect with.” He did, however, admit that it’s “tempting” to want to play a zombie.

* “He’s going to be there for [Dale] just like he’s been there for Liv,” Goodwin said of Clive in Season 4.

* And is Major firmly #TeamZombie? “He’s had a pretty rocky road,” Buckley acknowledged. “He’s kind of found a home in Fillmore Graves. It provides him with a sense of purpose, which he hasn’t had. It also gets his mind off the whole ‘girlfriend exploded’ thing.”

* “It’s fun to have Blaine back to his old mustache-twirling ways,” Anders said, cueing up the big reveal: Robert Knepper (aka Blaine’s father) will be a series regular in Season 4.

* “Angus is going to get out of the well, and he’s going to be up to no good, and he’s going to have some very hardcore pro-zombie people on his side,” Thomas revealed. “There’s going to be a human terrorist organization that doesn’t want any human-zombie fraternization. This is not about one big bad this year. It’s coming at our characters from all sides of the spectrum.”

* Thomas also teased lots of “friction” between Major and Liv — and not the good kind.

* Lastly, “There will be a gentleman that Liv will take a fancy to, named simply because of the ‘shipper name that will stem from it,” Thomas teased.

Your thoughts on iZombie panel reveals? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Josh says:

Fingers crossed Liv gets a storyline this season!

2. Jason says:

I wonder who fishes Angus out of the well? I can’t imagine would. I honestly didn’t expect to see him back much, so this is a pleasant surprise. I would liked to have seen them promote Jessica Harmon to series regular, though maybe her work on “The 100” is keeping her at a recurring position. She’s been a serious discovery up there in Vancouver. I’ll watch her in anything because she’s sexy and awesome, but I especially love Dale.

3. Sam says:

Ugh no, Blaine’s Dad is the worst, I always skip his scenes.

4. Big Cheddar says:

What about Jason Dohring? Will he be back?

• lulu says:

yes he will but not as regular..which is kind of disappointing because i wanted them to explore more his character..i don’t want to see only his military leader side..i want layers because this actor is really good at it.

5. ChristopherM says:

It’s kind of a stupid show.

How do you explain the way brains give a zombie memories and personality to begin with, but then Liv sometimes cooks the brains, so it’s even harder to suspend disbelief.

Liv’s mom and brother have not been seen, or mentioned, since the beginning of season 2. Now that zombies have been “outed”, are they going to revisit them now that she could explain why she could not help her brother with the transfusion? Or, does her family no longer exist on the show, as other similar characters often disappear on other shows?

I am giving up on this show. It does have a likeable character or two, and the whole premise could be fun, but I wish it were so much better written and even acted.

• Mac says:

I’m confused as to how you even made it through three seasons if the premise bothers you so much? If it’s not for you it’s not for you, but unless you’re crying afoul of the entire comic book genre I think you’ll find you must similary suspend your disbelief for most works that fall under that umbrella.

• lulu says:

First yes her family will be in next season..secondly it is a fantasy show..you know in reality zombie does not exist..eyeroll..and it is an horror comedy show pretty well written if you know what is good writing and storytelling..

6. Oh that was a fun video! Great season. Can’t wait for season 4. I second the question about Jason coming back. He’s amazing.

7. fightfan3 says:

Will Liv’s boyfriend’s name be Lee so that they can be Livlee? (i.e. Livlee are so lovely)

8. pau says:

Rob Thomas is cute but he can never do better than LoVe..thank you very much.

9. Oome says:

I’m excited to see where season 4 will end up!!!

10. Dawn says:

Wow ! Amazing episodes ! Like I’d love to use a bunch of heart eye emojis, but then my comment wouldn’t be taken seriously loll, so I will just use one 😍. Anyhow I watched a few episodes and then started over with my husband. He loved it and I loved it. I finished in through season 3 within a week and a half. I would have finished earlier but I tried to wait for my husband who works, while I stay home with our new baby. So yah definitely loved it because I binged 🙌 I’d love to see more of Jason and Aly . I could see Jason’s character and Rose’s character as serious love interests, but I guess they may be on opposite sides. I am excited to see that Livs family will be returning. I hope they’re among the accepting and maybe either the mom or the brother is a zombie as well. I can’t believe I seen a comment on here that someone thought the series didn’t have a good storyline or acting 😒 Rme(roll my eyes), because this show is amazing and why did you watch 3 seasons if it wasn’t great. That doesn’t make sense, but thanks for the views. I really hope this series lasts and when it finally decides to go off air, I hope there is no stone left unturned . 🙌There are some major questions I have. Speaking of major, liv and him are a destiny so I honestly hope no matter how many gorgeous amazing love interests of Olivia’s that come and go, I hope Major and Olivia work it out in the end.