The Originals Season 5 News

The Originals Promotes Steven Krueger to Series Regular Ahead of Season 5

After putting Josh Rosza through the wringer for the past four seasons (RIP, Aiden!) The Originals is finally giving the club kid-turned-vampire exactly what he deserves.

POST MORTEMThe Originals Boss Explains Finale’s Happy (?) Endings, Praises [Spoiler]’s Cameo and Shares Hopes for Season 5

Steven Krueger has been promoted to a series regular for the CW drama’s upcoming fifth season, TVLine has learned, ensuring that Josh will remain in the Mikaelsons’ orbit for the foreseeable future. When last we saw Josh in the Season 4 finale, he was convincing Marcel and Sofya to ally themselves with Klaus & Co. in order to stand against the followers of The Hollow.

Though little is known about the show’s future, its fourth season ended with the Mikaelson siblings being forcibly scattered to the winds — gotta keep those Hollow pieces separate! — and Hope entering her first year at Alaric and Caroline’s school for supernatural tinies in Mystic Falls. Additionally, a massive time jump is in order, after which teenage Hope will be played by 17-year-old Danielle Rose Russell.

Your thoughts on Krueger’s promotion? General hopes for Season 5? Drop ’em all in a comment below.

1. Ari says:

Why? He had no purpose last season. Now he’s going to be around serving no purpose next season. Here’s a novel idea, why not promote Kol, an actual original, to a series regular?

• Sam says:

Right, just why? I honestly forget about him until I see him.

• Ari says:

I honestly didn’t realize he’s been around since season 1. He’s such a bland character that he blends into the background. I honestly thought when they killed Davina off we would have never seen him again since his only real connection to the show was her. Still, now he’s a regular to stand around doing nothing on a regular basis.

• Iuvprue1 says:

Josh’s only real connection is Marcel and Davina. I would like to know how he survived considering that Marcel use to threaten Josh’s life all the time. How did he survived while Marcel more experience vampire had died? They probably just promote him to series regular so they can kill him off

2. Leah says:

He’s funny but why? Such an uninteresting character

3. Dominique says:

i like this news a lot! i love josh, he’s a wonderful character who brings some much need humor to the table while questioning the mikaelsons and marcel when needed. it’s a shame this happens just as davina is gone, i truly enjoyed their friendship.
    i hope this news also means we’ll see more off his boyfriend. when they announced the casting of Keahu Kahuanui last year, i expected a lot more than just that one blink-and-you-missed-it scene.

• Casey says:

I assumed we wouldn’t see Eddie as his boyfriend because of the huge time jump. All of the vampire/werewolf characters can look the same, despite it being – what – 10 years later? But Eddie’s a human so they would either pretend he’s 10 years older even though he looks the same, or make him look a little older or something? Probably the former hahaha, that’s easier.

4. M. says:

I’m glad they finally promoted him.

5. Matt says:

Very excited about this. It should have been done in season 2. He adds some much needed light to a dark series.

6. Erick Voshel says:

This is good news!

7. Amanda says:

it feels kinda random bc he’s been there since season 1 and now its season 5. so its like why now? but good for him! hope he gets good stories.

• Michael J Angelo III says:

It’s about the resume and pay. Whether or not I believe he’s integral to the show, I think that he deserves the promotion. (I like him.)

8. I love Hayley says:

At fcking last! But for them to be doing that it must mean it’s the last season ever because they undervalue their good actors and put the bad ones on the front burner.

Steven deserves to move on to a better show. He’s talented

9. Jared says:

Finally! I always loved his character on The Originals.

10. NADINE POINTER-HAKIM says:

I am so excited there will be season 5. When will it premiere.

11. Sarah G says:

The latest time jump has turned me off watching anyway – so I guess it doesn’t matter what I think about this lol. But fwiw – imo he’s a suuuper boring + usually pointless character. Yawn tbh.

12. Gift says:

What exactly does he deserve? Is this how much you are leaving the originals out? Anyways I hope this for a good cause, I don’t want to see another judgy and over complaining character in the show. Vincent and the rest have done that enough.

13. Joe R says:

I love Josh! I’m so happy to hear this. Patience is rewarded. I’m trusting this means more of a storyline for him. I always loved his friendship with Davina. No matter the insanity around them, they always had each other to lean on, and never judge. Plus Steven Krueger’s a cutie – why wouldn’t i want to see more of that face?

14. Sandra says:

I am happy The Originals is coming back with Season 5 and I am happy for all the characters. I agree that Kol should have a regular spot as well. Can’t wait for Season 5.