Scream Tyga Cast Season 3 MTV

Scream Casts Tyga, Notorious B.I.G.'s Son C.J. Wallace in Rebooted Season 3

MTV has cast someone very familiar to its (current) core audience in a key Scream role: Rapper Tyga will join the horror series for its revamped third season, per The Hollywood Reporter.

Tyga will play Jamal, the loyal yet rough around the edges stepbrother of new character Deion. As previously reported, Deion is a Michael B. Jordan-esque football player who’s heading for a college scholarship when a masked killer starts messing with him.

C.J. Wallace, who is the son of Faith Evans and The Notorious B.I.G, will portray Amir, a “socially awkward savant” who ultimately wants to have a music career but hides that goal from everyone he knows. His run-ins with the killer (because of course he has some) cause him to rethink how hard he’s willing to work for his dreams… y’know, if he lives.

Both Tyga and Wallace are series regulars on the show, which will return in March with a whole new cast and storyline that likely will be unconnected to the events of Seasons 1 and 2. Brett Matthews (The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural) will serve as the series’ new showrunner. Queen Latifah, Shakim Conpere and Yaneley Arty are among the new executive producers.

Tyga’s acting credits include the films Barbershop: The Next Cut and Boo! A Medea Halloween. Wallace played his father as a child in the Biggie Smalls biopic Notorious and also appeared in the film Everything Must Go.

1. Matt C. says:

Wow…great casting. Between this and the 3-night burn off (in March, no less), MTV clearly wants to kill this show. Should have never even bothered renewing it.

2. TV Fanatic says:

If they want to burn through the episodes that should have gotten the show ready for October because a 3-night event leading up to Halloween would be much more marketable than burning through the episodes in March. Loved Season 1 and 2 but so concerned that this will be its last.

3. Haz says:

I hope this turns out to be a very bad joke. I think it’s time MTV is scrapped entirely.

4. Guy says:

Yikes. I’ll pass.

5. Jared says:

With this casting now I really have zero interest in Scream. It’s such a shame that this show could have been so good but MTV totally F’d it up.

6. Big Mike says:

Lame. Someone tell MTV I would’ve watched the old cast, but not this garbage. I’m out.

7. bad58runner says:

I can see this working ratings wise.

8. Ken says:

Everything about the new season sounds horrible. And Scream Producers and MTV way to screw over your current audience by abandoning the original cast and storyline. I won’t be watching season 3.

9. Syl says:

Well, he certainly has the visage for a horror production. No makeup required.

10. Simon says:

It’s great they are not casting typical “MTV white 20 somethings playing teens” but couldn’t they take a page outta the 13 Reasons Why casting and give us a diversive cast that can also act!

11. Jessika says:

There are so many talented people who should have been cast instead of Tyga. Not worth watching anymore. So glad there is other stuff to watch!

12. JK3 says:

I don’t get it, but at the age of 26, I’m no longer MTV’s target demographic with these shows. I do know that the teens seemingly love Kylie Jenner and everything she touches though.

I don’t see him as a Michael B. Jordan-esque type though. The whole 3 night burnoff screams “stunt casting” galore.

I am intrigued by the, assuming he doesn’t wind up like Drew Barrymore, changing gender dynamic. You can’t out “final girl” Sidney Prescott, something the series tried and failed at imo, so it should be interesting to see how a male lead acts when placed in that “final girl” role and how they decide to portray the dynamics of the killer-protagonist relationship.

13. Ray (the other one) says:

Who the hell is still watching this? No need to admit it publicly, but if so, please seek help.

14. BlittleU says:

This broke dirtbag who lives off of his teenage girlfriend? Hard Pass!

15. Danielle. says:

Are they serious? I guess MTV really enjoys killing it’s shows with terrible casting choices.. I’m not even going to bother tuning in now, Might as well cast the entire Kar-trash-ian family in it as well. This is already shaping up to be completely and utterly horrible. Way to ruin the only good thing you actually had going for you. Pitiful

16. Ronnie A. says:

I watched the first two seasons including the Halloween special. How about ending the story first before starting a new one. I’m skeptical about watching this third season. Are you going to not end this one also?

17. Alex Miley says:

Wtf is going on with Scream? Tyga? What, they did an all-white cast and now we’re gonna do an all-black cast? Can we not just meet in the middle and be inclusive instead of appraoching this in such an obviously weird way? I can think of like at least ten other African-American actors and actresses that should be nabbing such awesome roles than these guys. Is this Empire: Scream Edition? Please prove me wrong!! Because I love the Scream franchise and I love what was done with the original series. Every bit of news on the “reboot” makes me sad.