Exclusive
Midnight Texas Premiere Video NBC

Midnight, Texas Sneak Peek: A Dead Woman Needs Help, Is Kinda Gross

The town of Midnight, Texas may reside on a veil between the world of the living and literal hell, but the ghostly vision in this exclusive sneak peek definitely feels like a dip into the underworld.

Adapted from the best-selling book trilogy from True Blood author Charlaine Harris, NBC’s upcoming supernatural drama follows newly relocated psychic/medium Manfred (The Borgias’ François Arnaud) as he adjusts to life in the titular town. His new neighbors (of both the human and supernatural variety) include: a witch (Luke Cage’s Parisa Fitz-Henley); an angel (Sex and the City’s Jason Lewis); a mysterious assassin (The Vampire Diaries’ Arielle Kebbel); a local pawn shop owner (Orphan Black’s Dylan Bruce); a reverend (Captain Phillips’ Yul Vazquez), who may or may not be a werewolf; and an aspiring writer (Parenthood’s Sarah Ramos) harboring a deep family secret.

In the clip below, Manfred wakes to find recently murdered local Aubrey (Major Crimes‘ Shannon Lorance) in his bed. Can he get past the fact that she’s gurgling up putrid water from the river in which she was found in order to help her find her killer?

Press PLAY on the video below and let us know in the comments if you’ll be checking into Midnight, Texas when it premieres Monday, July 24, at 10/9c on NBC.

1. Wrstlgirl says:

Generally shows like this don’t do well on network TV but I’m checking this one out.

2. jonshaas says:

I’ll absolutely be watching the premier, as I am a sucker for all supernatural TV. Whether or not I keep watching will depend upon how good it is. I’m looking forward to seeing this.

• Wordsmith says:

I’m relieved to know that it isn’t the “blind-item-trainwreck” show, as I’ve also been looking forward to it since it was announced.

3. Vee Bee says:

OK. Look. I hate to be that person who’s all “I read the books and this casting is ALL WRONG!!!11!!” buuut… Parisa Fitz Henley matches neither the picture in my head of Fiji nor the actual words in the book. Like, at *all.* She’s perfectly lovely and this isn’t a slam against her acting abilities or worth as a human being in the least, but Fiji’s described appearance is kind of a huge part of her actual personality – her insecurity about her appearance, her self-perception as being overweight, etc. – and a fairly critical part of a major plot arc in one of the later books. I don’t see that in Fitz-Henley at all.

The rest of the casting seems pretty spot-on, which just makes this all the more puzzling. I’ll certainly give it a chance – I enjoyed the Midnight books far more than the Sookie Stackhouse ones – but I’m having a real problem containing my side-eye here.

4. Larc says:

This really sounds like interesting, quality TV. NOT!!!

5. Katie says:

I’ve never read the books but I am curious about it so I’ll watch the premiere next Monday just to see if I like it or not. I love “The Originals” and I enjoyed “Buffy” back in the day, so let’s see how this one goes.

6. Deborah Camden says:

I have been waiting with great anticipation for this show to start. I was a big fan of True Blood, and also read all the books in the True Blood series, as well as others by Charlaine Harris. I only hope people give this show a chance.

7. Lisa Herfendal says:

OMG! I’m so watching this show! I’ve been waiting for 6 months!

8. Janette Marashlian says:

Loved True Blood, so I will be watching this. The cast looks phenomenal.

9. Marilyn Jackson says:

I’ve never been a fan of supernatural lore, but this happening in Texas interests me. For this reason I will be watching it.

10. Aina says:

CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS SHOW, NBC BETTER NOT MESS THIS UP OKKKK,

💙💙 APPRECIATE FRENCH-CANADIAN ACTOR FRANÇOIS ARNAUD THANKS 💙💙

11. Coop says:

Yea i will be watching. Can’t wait i’m excited hope they don’t cancel this like they did Constantine?