Suits Harvey Paula

Is Suits Romance Right or Wrong? Did Bachelorette Rejects Exist Before? Are Emmy Ballots Pre-Filled? And More Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including American Ninja Warrior, The Bachelorette, Suits and Zoo!

1 | Is it kind of a bummer that Killjoys basically “recast” Defiance‘s Stephanie Leonidas in the role of Clara? (Or can the Hackmod easily get her “old” face back?)

2 | What hallucinogenics were circulating at CBS that someone pitched (and another someone signed off on) “Giant Candy Crush meets obstacle course meets Big Brother/Survivor?”

3 | Anyone Twin Peaks Episode 9notice Twin Peaks‘ Tammy barely able to keep a straight face during the minutes-long cigarette break scene? (And could you blame her?) And do you think it was Evil Cooper who texted Diane, or was that an S.O.S. of sorts sneaked out by his inner good guy?

4 | So, is Claws‘ Roller alive, or dead, or a ghost, or what? And is the answer to that question going to keep changing every week, like it has been so far?

5 | For those who tuned in for Spike’s One Night Only tribute to Alec Baldwin, were you surprised that Tina Fey was a no-show? And given that the rest of the 30 Rock cast was there, didn’t it feel weird that her absence went unmentioned? Lastly, which member(s) of the Baldwin family bombed the hardest: wife Hilaria, daughter Ireland or brothers Daniel and Billy?

6 | On American Ninja Warrior, did you half-expect Jesse Labreck’s boyfriend (and fellow finisher) Chris DiGangi to pop the question after she hit the buzzer?

7 | Are we absolutely sure that this week’s two Bachelorette castoffs, Matt and Adam, were actually in any previous episodes this season?

8 | If World of Dance isn’t going to show full dance routines, then what is the point? And would you have chosen Ian Eastwood over Jabbawockeez?

9 | When Casual‘s Alex initially eyed that razor, were you hoping he’d finally shave that uneven neck beard?

10 | Younger + Sex and the City = Freeform’s The Bold Type?

11 | TVLine reader Megan asks: “Can’t Younger‘s Liza dress better at this point? If she were really 26/about to be 27 and making her first real money, she would eventually start realizing that fringe and mock turtle necks are not cute. Stop shopping at thrift stores!”

13 | On Suits, was Harvey’s pursuit of Dr. Paula Agard welcome — doesn’t it feel like ages since he had a real love interest? — or random (and quite possibly unethical)?

14 | The bigger line Blood Drive crossed this week: the preponderance of spurted “bluege,” the Suck Bus’ barely-obscured fellatio, or the twins’ full-on incestuous hook-up?

15 | Do Emmy voters receive ballots with Modern Family and House of Cards already filled in? And given Bill Maher’s recent controversies, are you surprised that the TV academy chose to recognize Real Time over, say, Late Night With Seth Meyers in the Variety Talk Series category? (And speaking of that race, safe to say Emmy voters #NeverForget?)

16 | Why is Nashville‘s Scarlett so miserable all the the time? Even grieving Deacon seems less sad!

17 | Was Zoo‘s Clementine all but asking to be found out, practicing her “I’m pregnant, Dad” speech in the middle of the extremely echo-y jet, with her back to the stairs? And did the directing/editing of this week’s final scene have you thinking Jackson had stumbled upon a Mitch clone?

18 | Given how Joshua Malina crushed Battle of the Network Stars‘ archery competition (and with Scandal ending), have we gotten our first look at Arrow‘s Season 7 villain? And were you more impressed with 60something L.A. Lawyer Corbin Bernsen’s overall performance, or Designated bodyguard LaMonica Garrett’s 12-pack?

19 | Jon Stewart popping up on Jimmy Kimmel Live and not The Late Show With Stephen Colbert just feels wrong, does it not?

Hit the comments with your answers – and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Amit says:

11. To be fair, I think that Liza dresses in that exaggerated way on purpose, to deflect better from her real age. People will pay more attention to her clothes/styling, than something more stylish and simple, which could better show off that she’s actually in her forties.

2. nate says:

#17 yep i thought that was clone also till the girls showed up

3. Television says:

1. I actually like the new girl on Killjoys better than the other one. She seems really great and fits in well. This season is the best so far, love this show!
    10. Bold Type, I tried to like this show, but it fails. There are just too many things about it I that don’t really fit.
    11. Younger, I really like this show, but it is really hard to get into when the episodes are soooo short, it is like watching a commercial. They really need this show to be 1hr long because there are so many cast and storylines, just when you get into the story, it is over. Not in a good way either, kinda frustrating. Plus, I like this show, but no way would anyone believe she is THAT young. She does not look like she is in her 20s at ALL. And I’m not talking about the way she dresses, but the way she looks. She dresses horribly anyway, but so does everyone on that show.

• meleliot says:

11. Agreed. Episodes should be either longer or air 2 at a time, because just as you’re getting into it it’s over. And the clothing…Yikes! My 27 year old daughter wouldn’t be caught dead in some of those whackado getups, and she’s in publishing too.

4. Roller is definitely alive being held hostage by a lovelorn old lady.

16. Scarlett is the biggest downer on tv. She’s been that way since the 2nd season. I’m sorry, but she is a terrible actress. She only has one face – depressed. Ugh. Don’t know what Gunnar sees in her.

• DeeDee says:

Wow. Seriously! She convinced me. I was shocked to learn that Sutton Foster was in her early 40s. I mean, she may not look 25 anymore, but she sure as hell doesn’t look 42. Maybe somewhere in between. Besides, some people are hard partiers in their 20s and age drastically, which could ‘explain’ the occasional wrinkle on her face.

4. Julie says:

3. Ooooooh. I never even considered it could be an SOS from the good Dale.

5. Alexandra says:

1. I like new Clara, but am disappointed in not getting more Stephanie.
    6. Yes, I totally thought he was going to propose! Maybe he’s saving it for Finals or Vegas.

6. Casanova34 says:

Bigger issue with Suits is Donna – a legal secretary as Senior Partner in a law firm. I believe HR Directors in Goldman Sachs can become partners- open to correction; but don’t know if they could become senior partner. This move is so out of left field for me.

About time Harvey had a new love interest. But let’s face it, it’s only a matter of time before he screws it up despite the fact that he settled his issues with his mother. He’s sewing his seeds – metaphorically speaking.

• Viviana says:

Agree – Its TV but its actually unethical and illegal for a non-lawyer to share in the profits of a law firm. Again, its TV but the ABA strictly prohibits this. The only way non-equity partners are allowed to receive any profits would be bonuses.

7. CoraLee says:

13 – I think the Suits romance was completely out of left field. In a way kind of creepy, and doesn’t make sense for either character or the story in general. Random. I think this was just another road block to delay Harvey and Donna getting together. Not a fan! Hopefully this doesn’t last long!

8. Spadey says:

I think the episode itself was great, with the very large exception of Harvey’s new “interest”. The therapist coming back to suits was very random. If Harvey is in need of a love interest, have it be someone that makes sense. A character from season 5 returning out of no where, with no recent mention, makes this unbelievable. Hopefully this is remedied soon. And, delaying Harvey and Donna is getting frustrating for the viewers! I think the story has been written in a way that makes it seem that they are inching closer together, and this is an effort to delay that yet again. But in the strangest way. Writers, please fix this!

• callmecait says:

See, I stopped watching suits because the inevitable Donna/Harvey and Mike/Rachel romances were so predictable that it made me roll my eyes. I think it’s excellent that they haven’t fallen into the Harvey/Donna trap yet and, if they continue to resist this pairing, I may actually start to watch the show again.

• Ricky23 says:

I would be more than happy if they don’t end up together. I look at theirs as a platonic love – someone that has your back no matter what that you’re not in love with. That I thought was a nice original direction to go in and let them find someone else to fill that romantic need.

• James says:

YES. THANK YOU. Why don’t more people see this?

• captainoats says:

100% agree. Plus, they really have no romantic chemistry. It would just be ridiculous at this point. It’s much more interesting when everyone doesn’t just get paired up. Donna & Harvey feel like Watson & Sherlock to me: lots of love & respect , but not romance.

• K says:

It’s perfectly fine to not ship them, but it doesn’t mean that all of us who do ship Darvey fail to see something. If they had chosen to portray Donna & Harvey as strictly platonic friends I would have enjoyed it. But it was clear from season 1 that that wasn’t the case. That they have this deep friendship makes a potential romantic relationship even more special to me. Sarah and Gabriel have great chemistry and I love their real-life friendship as much as Donna & Harvey’s fictional one.
            My problems with this Harvey/Agard storyline have absolutely nothing to do with Darvey. (Harvey going after Agard, who wasn’t even mentioned since season 5, right after Donna tells him she wants “more” is clearly more about Donna than Agard anyway.) I really wanted Dr. Agard to come back, but this was character assassination. I am somewhat ok with Harvey asking her out, but Agard saying yes was unacceptable. They changed her from a great and professional therapist to someone who fantasizes about her patient and keeps seeing him anyway. It’s not just unprofessional but gross.

9. Big Cheddar says:

8) It was really off-putting to see new teams in the dual rounds, when we didn’t see them in the qualifying rounds. Even worse to see that we haven’t seen at least one full performance from every team that’s made it this far, but have see two performances from a bunch of contestants. And, while the Jabbawockeez weren’t the best of the night, they were definitely better than Ian’s crew.

10. skrable2 says:

8. You’d think NBC would have learned something from the universal hatred of the Dreaded Montage portions of The Voice before going ahead with shortened routines on World of Dance

11. lisa says:

16. Yes! Since season 1. I feel bad for Clare Bowen because they always write her as a victim – painfully shy, a neglected daughter, taken advantage of by her manager, betrayed best friend and girlfriend, a douche of a baby daddy, now painted as a skank by the media, and in this last episode exploited by advertisers and robbed and assaulted at gun point. Seriously!!! Scarlett, and to a slightly lesser extent Gunner, are the most cartoonish characters on the show.

17. Yes! It was a cute scene but, really, could no one hear her? I want to know who the baby daddy is. I have a feeling it is going to be Logan or even Jackson. Which would be weird. Oh also, who flys the plane?

12. Ben says:

Josh Malina as an Arrow villain…. I. Would. Love!!!!

13. Tom says:

~
    I know Spike’s in the process of rebranding, but isn’t it still kinda known as “TV For Men” or whatever their tagline was? Might that have kept her away, as big as a feminist as she is?
    ~
    ~
    I mean, they must, it’s the only reason to explain why the Office clone Modern Family keeps getting nominated. As for Real Time, *shrugs* When do nominations get turned in?

14. LolaHaze says:

#19 Jon Stewart popping up anywhere is never wrong. Super cute segment.

15. Victoria says:

13. Suits – Harvey’s new “relationship” is nuts. It runs contrary to the storyline of season 5, where a professional woman gave him help & showed no interest in him at all. Yet, no she apparently was fantasising about her patient?! Terrible disservice to her character & unethical. Plus she is the person he thought of when wanting to share his life? Really? It makes no sense – Scottie, Zoe, Esther, someone new would have all been understandable, but not his therapist! Terrible writing decision.

16. wafa chaouni says:

ABOUT Suits :
    it’s just unethical; not professional, disgusting.
    i hate that turn of event where everything was leading to darvey and we get that Agard’s SL out of a blue.

17. A fan of TV says:

13. Harvey doing unethical stuff is the reason Suits exists, is it not?

18. Jean Gilliland says:

If Harvey’s love interest on Suits can’t be Donna, I’d prefer to see him try again with Scottie or Zoe, but this sudden interest in his former therapist seems out of nowhere and, yes, borderline unethical…then again, Harvey loves to play on the fringes. I want to see Harvey in a relationship, but, unfortunately, I think his pursuit of Paula is for the wrong reasons.

19. PatriciaLee says:

1. I thought Johnnie told her she had found a home with the people who took a risk and saved her, indicating she would be staying on that world and place with the forced part android people. Maybe that is their way of dealing with the which actress dilemma? I liked the original actress, but your question might be moot. She should be able to get her old face back, since isn’t it underneath? 2. $$$ dancing before their eyes, what else? 13. Unethical and unnecessary being in NYC with the pick of the world for plotting. Actually, he’s going through transference, so don’t be glad he’s finally getting a love interest, since the plotting might go the way of demonstrating why THAT won’t work. 15. Well, they thrive on excellence and controversy. Maybe, the vote was a combo, some for one and some for the other. Then again, could the voting have taken place, before the latest? 17. Mitch clone? Oh, please, don’t make it too complicated for the husband. He was the one that loved the series for the past two seasons and misses “…the one girl that was on there, the one that got killed.” He’s been complaining they are all over the place too much and not working as a team, this year (after only one episode…sigh) 19. The husband just discovered Kimmel, after just discovering Colbert, after finally getting over losing Leno. He watches both every night, but none of the others. So, maybe Kimmel and Colbert have the same vibes, and would be a very good fit, sometimes, too. But maybe you know something about the shows we do not?

20. Sheldon Wiebe says:

1. Agreed! Allie MacDonald was much better.
    15. Someone should’ve been ignored in favor Seth Meyers – Maher would’ve been a good choice.
    18. Works for me.

21. Aeol says:

Ian Eastwood over Jabbawockeez is the most absurd thing I’ve seen on my TV this year.