Emmys
2017 Emmy Nominations

Emmy Nominations: SNL, Westworld, FEUD and Stranger Things Lead Pack, Freshman Hit This Is Us Scores 11 Nods

Nominations were announced on Thursday morning for the 69th Primetime Emmy Awards, to be held Sunday, Sept. 17 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.

CBS will broadcast the ceremony live, with The Late Show‘s Stephen Colbert serving as host.

NBC’s Saturday Night Live and HBO’s Westworld led the pack with 22 total nods each, followed by FX’s FEUD: Bette and Joan and Netflix’s Stranger Things, which netted 18 apiece. Veep racked up 17 noms, while Big Little Lies and Fargo amassed 16 each. Broadcast-TV’s critical darling, This Is Us, scored 11 total nods, including for Best Drama.

Among platforms, HBO as usual came out on top with 110 total nominations, followed by Netflix (91) and NBC (64). Rounding out the Top 5 are FX (54) and ABC (34).

TVLine has detailed the major nominees below. Your job, as opinionated consumers of TV, is to storm the Comments section with gushes of glee or eruptions of outrage! (Reminder: Orphan BlackGame of Thrones and Twin Peaks were NOT eligible this year, while last summer’s Orange Is the New Black Season 4 WAS.)

OUTSTANDING DRAMA (2016 winner: Game of Thrones)
Better Call Saul
The Crown
The Handmaid’s Tale
House of Cards
Stranger Things
This Is Us
Westworld

LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA (2016 winner: Rami Malek)
Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us
Anthony Hopkins, Westworld
Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
Matthew Rhys, The Americans
Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan
Kevin Spacey, House of Cards
Milo Ventimiglia, This Is Us

LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA (2016 winner: Tatiana Maslany)
Viola Davis, HTGAWM
Claire Foy, The Crown
Elisabeth Moss, The Handmaid’s Tale
Keri Russell, The Americans
Evan Rachel Wood, Westworld
Robin Wright, House of Cards

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA (2016 winner: Maggie Smith)
Ann Dowd, The Handmaid’s Tale
Samira Wiley, The Handmaid’s Tale
Uzo Aduba, Orange Is The New Black
Millie Bobby Brown, Stranger Things
Chrissy Metz, This Is Us
Thandie Newton, Westworld

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA (2016 winner: Ben Mendelsohn)
Jonathan Banks, Better Call Saul
John Lithgow, The Crown
Mandy Patinkin, Homeland
Michael Kelly, House of Cards
David Harbour, Stranger Things
Ron Cephas Jones, This Is Us
Jeffrey Wright, Westworld

GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA (2016 winner: Margo Martindale, The Americans)
Alison Wright, The Americans
Alexis Bledel, The Handmaid’s Tale
Cicely Tyson, How to Get Away With Murder
Ann Dowd, The Leftovers
Laverne Cox, Orange Is The New Black
Shannon Purser, Stranger Things

GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA (2016 winner: Hank Azaria, Ray Donovan)
Ben Mendelsohn, Bloodline
BD Wong, Mr. Robot
Hank Azaria, Ray Donovan
Denis O’Hare, This Is Us
Brian Tyree Henry, This Is Us
Gerald McRaney, This Is Us

OUTSTANDING COMEDY (2016 winner: Veep)
Atlanta
black-ish
Master of None
Modern Family
Silicon Valley
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Veep

LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY (2016 winner: Julia Louis-Dreyfus)
Pamela Adlon, Better Things
Jane Fonda, Grace & Frankie
Allison Janney, Mom
Ellie Kemper, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
Tracee Ellis Ross, black-ish
Lily Tomlin, Grace & Frankie

LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY (2016 winner: Jeffrey Tambor)
Anthony Anderson, black-ish
Aziz Ansari, Master of None
Zach Galifianakis, Baskets
Donald Glover, Atlanta
William H. Macy, Shameless
Jeffrey Tambor, Transparent

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY (2016 winner: Kate McKinnon)
Leslie Jones, Saturday Night Live
Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live
Vanessa Bayer, Saturday Night Live
Kathryn Hahn, Transparent
Judith Light, Transparent
Anna Chlumsky, Veep

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY (2016 winner: Louie Anderson)
Louie Anderson, Baskets
Ty Burrell, Modern Family
Alec Baldwin, Saturday Night Live
Tituss Burgess, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Tony Hale, Veep
Matt Walsh, Veep

GUEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY (2016 winner: Tina Fey & Amy Poehler, SNL)
Wanda Sykes, black-ish
Carrie Fisher, Catastrophe
Becky Ann Baker, Girls
Angela Bassett, Master of None
Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live
Melissa McCarthy, Saturday Night Live

GUEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY (2016 winner: Peter Scolari, Girls)
Riz Ahmed, Girls
Matthew Rhys, Girls
Dave Chappelle, Saturday Night Live
Lin-Manuel Miranda, Saturday Night Live
Tom Hanks, Saturday Night Live
Hugh Laurie, Veep

TV MOVIE
Black Mirror (“San Junipero”)
Dolly Parton’s Christmas Of Many Colors: Circle Of Love
Sherlock: The Lying Detective
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
The Wizard of Lies

LIMITED SERIES (2016 winner: People vs. O.J. Simpson)
Big Little Lies
Fargo
FEUD
Genius
The Night Of

LEAD ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE (2016 winner: Sarah Paulson, People vs. O.J.)
Carrie Coon, Fargo
Felicity Huffman, American Crime
Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies
Jessica Lange, FEUD
Susan Sarandon, FEUD
Reese Witherspoon, Big Little Lies

LEAD ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE (2016 winner: Courtney B. Vance, People vs. O.J.)
Riz Ahmed, The Night Of
Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock: The Lying Detective
Robert De Niro, The Wizard of Lies
Ewan McGregor, Fargo
Geoffrey Rush, Genius
John Turturro, The Night Of

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE (2016 winner: Regina King, American Crime)
Regina King, American Crime
Laura Dern, Big Little Lies
Shailene Woodley, Big Little Lies
Judy Davis, FEUD
Jackie Hoffman, FEUD
Michelle Pfeiffer, The Wizard of Lies

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE (2016 winner: Sterling K. Brown, People vs. O.J.)
Alexander Skarsgård, Big Little Lies
David Thewlis, Fargo
Alfred Molina, FEUD
Stanley Tucci, FEUD
Bill Camp, The Night Of
Michael Kenneth Williams, The Night Of

REALITY SHOW HOST (2016 winner: RuPaul Charles, RuPaul’s Drag Race)
Martha Stewart & Snoop Dogg, Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party
Gordon Ramsay, MasterChef Junior
Alec Baldwin, Match Game
Heidi Klum & Tim Gunn, Project Runway
RuPaul Charles, RuPaul’s Drag Race
W. Kamau Bell, United Shades of America With W. Kamau Bell

REALITY SHOW COMPETITION (2016 winner: The Voice)
American Ninja Warrior
Project Runway
RuPaul’s Drag Race
The Amazing Race
The Voice
Top Chef

VARIETY TALK SERIES (2016 winner: Last Week Tonight)
Full Frontal With Samantha Bee
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver
The Late Late Show With James Corden
The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
Real Time With Bill Maher

The Emmys will be held Sunday, Sept. 17 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, hosted by Stephen Colbert and aired on CBS.

1. Brian says:

Plenty of shows could have been nominated for best drama over House of Cards.

• MiaB says:

Agreed, and I’ve seen every episode. The last two seasons were pretty awful.

• Rob TO says:

I COMPLETELY disagree with that statement! If House of Cards was to be skipped over for nominations then season 2 and 3 should have been those years. Season 4 was awesome and almost as good as season 1. Season 5 was still pretty good and at least better than the boring seasons 2 and 3.

• Shaun says:

We must have watched different shows because season 4 was terrible! It became a chore to even watch. While seasons 1 and 2 were amazing!

• Rob TO says:

The first two episodes of Season 2 were great. Season 4’s 1st half of Claire vs Frank was AMAZING! The cliffhanger of Frank getting shot and all that stuff was so good!

• Lee says:

House of Cards started out well but then became overrated. I think it would’ve been better as a movie than a serial TV show. But I can’t think of other drama series to take its place because I’m satisfied that Handmaid’s Tale got nominated. Also, glad that Night Of and Master of None were recognized. I hope all 3 of those shows sweep their categories. I used to like Veep but I’m finding it tiresome. Sorta like the way I feel about House of Cards.

2. Jec says:

The leftovers didn’t get nominated. Welp I’m not watching the Emmys this year!

3. I can’t believe (well, I CAN) Freddie Highmore for Bates Motel and The Leftovers overall (best drama series, Justin Theroux, Carrie Coon) got robbed. Why they overlook this magnificent show is beyond me.

• Shows like Penny Dreadful, Retify, The Leftovers, Bates Motel to name a few in recent memories, never seem to get any love from The Emmys, I’m actually surprised The Handmaid’s Tale managed to get good nominatios, good surprise

• J.B. says:

I’m surprised that you’re surprised The Handmaid’s Tale got any nominations. I thought it was a given that it would receive so much recognition. I’d bet money that once the nominations come out for the technical categories THT will dominate.

• Angela says:

Can’t speak to the “The Leftovers”, ’cause I haven’t seen that show, but so totally agreed on Hightmore. Come the hell on, Emmys.

4. Absolutely disgusted that The Leftovers is snubbed yet again! I honestly thought they’d do it this year. The scheduling was fiinally working in it’s favour and it truly was one of the greatest shows in TV history. I never get this angry about a snub, but it has gone too far! The best show to never be nominated for an Emmy. I’m not going to even validate the ceremony by watching it.

5. Ron says:

Like I said in my comment on one of the ‘Dream Emmy Nominees’ list, it would be a huge sin if Catherine O’Hara weren’t nominated for Schitts Creek. Well, a huge sin has just been committed.

• J.B. says:

Schitt’s Creek is highly underrated. I get that it’s a Canadian show that airs on an unknown network in the US but it deserves so much more attention than it gets. Dan Levy & Catherine O’Hara are comedic gold and should get recognition for their work. *le sigh*

• Anne says:

Considering how hard we had to work to get Tatiana a nomination, trying to get Schitt’s Creek a nom is nearly impossible. But I 100% agree with you about O’Hara. She’s so HILARIOUS.

• Ron says:

Such a true statement. I mean, at least Tatiana actually won–eventually. But we had to raise so much hell before the Academy even finally decided to rightfully nominate her. And Orphan Black airs on BBC America (well, here in the states), which is generally a “respected network.” But you’re right, we’ll have to raise even more hell to get the Academy to actually recognize Schitt’s Creek. One, the Academy, for whatever reason, usually chooses not to diversify their nominations, regurgitating the same (usually unworthy) nominees every year. Two, given that it airs on such an obscure network in the states, well, that won’t be an easy hump to get over for, again, a lazy Academy who just wants to nominate what it knows. Lastly, given the proven Academy bias against the CW, I can only imagine what kind of bias they’d have for a newer, lesser known network called POP.

6. MiaB says:

No love for Insecure/Issa Rae or The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks/Oprah Winfrey. Why am I not surprised?

• Karen says:

because they finally realized that was all about OPRAH and NOT Henrietta Lacks!!! The “I Love Myself” show………good for them for NOT giving her anything……..

7. Brian says:

You’re missing a best drama actor nomination. There were 7.

8. Dannie C says:

Quoting Emily Gilmore… BS!!

9. QUINTEN says:

No Freddie Highmore for Bates Motel? Just sad, he was phenomenal

10. Ashley says:

Was anyone else having issues with the video stream? I missed the entire announcement, kept saying “Video Unavailable” or trying to reroute me through a facebook video. (note: it was definitely *not* a tvline.com issue).

• Brian says:

I had that same problem and went to Youtube where a Fox affiliate was live streaming it.

• Ron says:

You were not the only one. I started out on TVLine and then tried many other places. I even tried the Emmy website. My guess is that there was a major screw up on the part of the Emmys with regard to streaming.

• Ashley says:

OK, at least I wasn’t the only one! I tried three different devices, two different browsers, and maybe 4 or 5 different websites, which were all streaming the same feed from the Emmy website (which was one I tried). Tried finding something on YouTube, but by the time I could find anything working, it was over! Oh well…if this is the worst problem I have today, it is a pretty darn good day. :)

Thank you, fellow TV fans! :)

• Lysh says:

Yep! I tried many websites and then was able to get it to work on my cell phone eventually. Maybe it didn’t like my browser.

• LK says:

I tried a few sites… finally found one that worked on EW

11. SNL Fan says:

Vanessa Bayer!!!! Best surprise in ages! :)

• iHeart says:

nevermind that SNL is dominating the best supporting actors in a comedy category, there is no doubt in my mind that Kate will walk away with another emmy. Maybe I want Baldwin to win to see what He must not be named will say, but he probably won’t watch

• GH Fan says:

It is Kate’s to lose this year, but happy for Vanessa to get the nomination to hopefully boost her post SNL profile. I also hope there is video of Leslie’s reaction to her nomination, as I’m sure it is priceless!

• lulu says:

Baldwin is as much an egomaniac as Trump ! But both are comic talent..ha.

• Elizabeth says:

Ms. McKinnon gave more varied performances this season than last, so this would have been a better year for her (the Kelly Ann Conway spoof of “Chicago” and Angela Merkel on Weekend Update were two of the best).

12. Brian says:

Banks over McKean again?

13. Lysh says:

I’m reading that long PDF of nominations and loving some of the categories. I wonder if The Flash or OUAT even tried submitting for the Original Music and Lyrics category? I love that “Hell No” from Unbreakable Kimmy is in there.
    I’m surprised but not really surprised that Fallon didn’t get nominated.

• iHeart says:

I hope so, but I wish even more the actors would be submitted, I mean come on, at least a couple of actors gave a performance worthy of a nomination (especially Josh Dallas in that episode where Charming learned the truth about what happened to his father)

• Lysh says:

Yeah, the actors give excellent performances, but I don’t get my hopes for them for the Emmys anymore. They’re just not playing in the same league or have that non-network kind of budget. Zachary and Weiner wrote some great original songs though! And I enjoyed Rachel Bloom’s “Super Friends” for The Flash.

14. Ron says:

So far, ugh. But at least Kathryn Hahn is finally getting recognized for something. I think she’s been an underrated talent for awhile now.

15. Walkie says:

Michael McKean getting snubbed is a joke.
    Love Banks but he didn’t do near the work that Michael did this past season.
    Terrible.

• Kell Brigan says:

Seriously. McKean should have to add a room on his house just to hold awards. Why does he keep getting snubbed???

16. Bethany says:

Some incredibly uninspired nominations this year. How shocking! Modern Family? Are we still doing that? And I love Anthony Hopkins but that spot belonged to Freddie Highmore. Hopkins’ work on Westworld was good but that feels purely like a “big name” nomination. Blah.

• Jen says:

Seriously. I would have preferred Better Things, You’re the Worst or even The Good Place over Modern Family. Not to mention Speechless was fantastic. Enough with the same old, same old when it comes to nominations. There are plenty of other shows and actors out there doing astounding work that fans and critics love, yet the voters pick the same people/shows. It’s ridiculous.

Frankly I would have loved to see Aya Cash or Chris Geer get nominated for You’re the Worst. They had an amazing season.

• LB says:

Couldn’t agree more about The Good Place and You’re the Worst. How are they not listed?!?

• Ann says:

Yes. The Good Place was great. Modern Family is past its prime. I wish voters didn’t automatically check the box by its name every year and actually took the time to see that show is a shell of its former self.

• Cecily says:

I second the thoughts on speechless. The show as a whole is so strong and Minnie Driver is completely underrated.

• Elizabeth says:

Havae been tired for a long time of the same programs being nominated (and winning) every year, especially since long-running comedies tend to turn sour after a while. There should be a rule that after a show wins a particular category, it cannot be nominated again for that group for two years. It would give other deserving shows, actors, etc., a fighting chance.

17. Jennifer says:

I’m waiting for Michael’s article about snubs. I can guess what his #1 snub will be. Although, i don’t think she deserved it. GG: AYITL was bad.

18. To name a few of the greatest drama IMO of the 10’s, Bates Motel, Rectify, The Leftovers, Penny Dreadful, neither received any nominations for the Emmy’s, well only Vera Farmiga once. So I think is safe to say that there’s something wrong with the people behind the Emmy’s, becuase it should be a crime they were not nominated

• J.B. says:

Penny Dreadful got a few technical award nominations. Sucks about the acting categories but at least it got some recognition. The Leftovers did get one this year and as you said Vera Farmiga was nominated once. Should they have gotten more? Sure but saying they received none isn’t true.

19. prestonjg says:

No Michael McKean is indefensible.

20. Csr says:

No Lauren Graham? So sad, so wrong.

21. Jake says:

Wait how can Alec Baldwin be included as supporting actor for SNL if he’s not an actual credited cast member? Am I missing something in the rules?

• Rob TO says:

I think it has to do with the amount of episodes he appeared in. He appeared in a lot of episodes this year which was probably enough to consider him a supporting actor.

• Brian says:

It is by appearance count. A guest actor can’t be in more than 50% of the episodes. He was in more, so he was supporting. It has nothing to do with contracts of being a series regular.

• AJ says:

Alec could not submit in guest actor because he was in more than 50% of the episodes this season. That’s the new rule for guest, the person must be in less than 50% of the episodes to be considered guest, so he had to submit in supporting.

22. Rob TO says:

Thank you Emmys. By moronically omitting Michael McKean and not nominating anyone particularly interesting, you have made me comfortable with the decision to skip your show this year.

23. 1. How is Transparent a comedy?
    2. How does Modern Family keep getting nominated? It’s practically unwatchable

24. No Chicago series, or Once Upon a time, The Flash, Arrow, or Legends of Tomorrow, and no Lucifer? Wow that’s just wrong

• Jennifer says:

The Emmy’s are all about Streaming or Cable shows there is almost zero love for network shows any more. Which is a shame. I go back to my rant from last year … there should be separate awards for cable/streaming and network. Cable/streaming can get away with a heck of a lot more. It’s really unfair.

• KL says:

Bring back the CableACE Awards (1978-1997)? These merged with the Emmys when it was obvious that cableTV had better programming and the Emmys wanted in. This is still the case, but broadcast TV has no leverage now. Their only hope is to green light better shows.

• Jamie says:

Getting away with more has literally nothing to do with quality, as seen by shows like This Is Us, black-ish, and SNL, which all have tons of nominations (21 between the three). If networks want more awards, then they need to green-light more quality programming like these instead of mass producing watered down basic crap.

And procedurals (which networks *love*) aren’t going to get Emmy love because they basically produce the same stories over and over in slightly different packaging. And I’m saying this as someone who LOVES the Chicago shows, Lucifer, and L&O:SVU.

• Lex says:

These are genre shows, and never get nominations. I think it’s a matter of subject matter and overall themes. They’re beloved by their fans, but on all technical levels it’s just B-level work, even when the actors on the show do phenomenal scenes, but the writing is already so out there and unrealistic as comic book shows, etc. that these excellent performances still don’t have the substance of, say, Carrie Coon in The Leftovers (#SoBitter).

25. Brian says:

Anne Dowd was nominated for The Leftovers! The Leftovers is an Emmy nominee!

26. Brian says:

“Emmy nominee Snoop Dogg” is now a thing.

27. “Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us”

I’m so happy to see this… he is, perhaps, one of the best and most heartbreaking actors I’ve seen lately. All he has to do is change facial expressions and I just cry.

• KM13 says:

I love how he can go from serious to funny in just one scene. His facial expressions, his delivery, it’s all so great. I’m also happy that Milo was nominated.

28. Lauren says:

Very excited about Dave Chappelle! He was perfect for the post-election SNL. Disappointed but not surprised about no love for Lauren Graham. Yay for Carrie Coin! Fargo’s storyline wasn’t as strong this year but the acting was as strong as ever. And all the love for This is Us! That is huge for a broadcast show!

29. Jennifer says:

Here’s a question – when did SNL start being a “regular” show? Wasn’t it once considered variety? I don’t think the show should be consider with the regular shows.

• Brian says:

Some categories are weird. The non fiction/informative/reality/talk show categories in particular. Like why are StarTalk and Inside the Actors Studio considered “Informational Series” and not talk shows? Why is Parts Unknown an “Informational Series” along with those 2, but Gaycation is an “Unstructured Reality Program”?

• Lex says:

Well she needed to win something for the phenomenal Patti Levin, though her role on The Handmaid’s Tale was a fitting follow up.

30. Kevin Tran says:

Claire Danes and Rupert Friend didn’t get nominated for their respective performances on Homeland (BUMMED).

31. J.B. says:

I loved, LOVED the “San Junipero” episode of Black Mirror but I have a real issue with that being considered a TV movie.

32. Lisa says:

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a HUGE oversight. She brought so much heart to Nikki. I don’t think anyone has made me root for a sketchy character more

33. Alichat says:

Nothing for Rupert Friend?? Outlander and The Affair……did they not qualify?

• Ethan Akrie says:

Outlander didn’t have a season this year(comes back in September if your curious) The Affair just didn’t get nominated.

34. Rachel says:

Can’t believe Martin Freeman didn’t get nominated. His performance in The Lying Detective was incredible.

• Elizabeth says:

That makes two of us. “Sherlock” is about the relationship between two individuals and how they react to the world and each other. The show (and the books) wouldn’t work if it (they) were about only one person. Anybody remember “The Streets of San Francisco”? Same premise.

35. Wiz says:

Bates Motel still doesn’t have recognition. The show may have been a little underrated but Vera and Freddie deserve to have nominations for the performances they did over the years.

36. bookescapist says:

I need to up my game. The only dramas I saw were Stranger Things and This Is Us and the only comedies I watched were Master of None and UKS.

Very very happy for Sterling K. Brown, Milo Ventimiglia, and Chrissy Metz. Also happy for all the love for Big Little Lies, especially Nicole Kidman’s nom. Her nomination was the only one I really wanted, but I didn’t stress much because I knew it would happen.

37. Jouni says:

Where is Crazy Ex-girlfriend? WHERE?! I need answers!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

“We Tapped That Ass” got nommed for Original Music & Lyrics.

• Cecily says:

Haha! I love this so much. That song is awful and made me laugh so hard. Sad to see no love for the acting, writing, costumes, dancing, etc though. :(

38. phredd says:

I know it’s WAAAY under the Emmy radar, but Charles Esten did some STELLAR, heart-breaking, Emmy-worthy work on the re-vamped CMT “Nashville” this season . . . .Would have been a pleasant surprise to have seen him in the pack . . .

• RichieS says:

Agreed…I think he gets overlooked because he is maybe known more as a musician but his acting as the alcoholic newly widowed father trying to hold everything (and his record label) together was incredible.

39. Danielle Pope says:

Can there be a tie between Reese and Nicole?! I mean, HOW DO YOU CHOOSE?! Also, Sterling and Milo?! And congratulations to Chrissy Metz! Girrrrrlllll you betta WERK (shout out to RuPaul). I appreciate these nominations as I can say that I now watch a good chunk of these shows. Last few years… notsomuch.

40. JuliA says:

It’s Julia. Not Julie.

41. Kyle says:

Can someone explain to me why Chrissy Metz is in supporting actress while Sterling and Milo are leads? Seemed like she was in it just as much as them.

Also: No Bates Motel or Good Place? Come on.

42. Sabrina says:

This is quite a diverse group of nominees. I’m surprised that there are so many nominations for ‘This is Us’.

43. Ethan Akrie says:

despite the fact that The Walking Dead has lost a lot of the charm it once had I feel like Jeffery Dean Morgan deserved an emmy nomination for Negan cause that performance was nuts in my opinion.

44. robert ciaccio says:

they all suck that way tv has been so bad to many stupid shows they keep cancelling all of the good ones. that’s why i watch all the old shows

45. ember69 says:

My two cents on snubs: Martin Freeman totally got hosed for no supporting actor for limited series for Sherlock: The Lying Detective. His grief work on that ep was flawless!

46. cre8iveflare says:

Nothing on TV beats Gilmore Girls in my eyes, alas snubbed. Who decides these things?

47. Haz says:

How on earth did Modern Family score Outstanding Comedy nomination? Two or three seasons ago it deserved the nomination…now not so much.

48. Sarah says:

No Claire Danes!!!
    Also not a lot of love for Modern Family.
    I man not an SNL fans so disappointed at all the nominations but that is my opinion

49. San Junipero is 61 minutes, how is that a TV movie?