Fall TV Preview
Jon Seda Chicago PD

Chicago P.D.: Jon Seda to Return as Series Regular for Season 5

Jon Seda is moving back to his old digs at Chicago P.D.

In the wake of Chicago Justice‘s cancellation, the actor will return to the police drama as a series regular for Season 5, TVLine has learned.

Seda departed P.D. in the middle of Season 4 to join the legal offshoot, where his detective character Antonio Dawson transitioned into working as an investigator in the district attorney’s office. But the move was short-lived: Justice was axed in late May.

“It’s a pleasure to have Jon back on Chicago P.D.,” executive producer Dick Wolf said in a statement. “We have been working together for more than 20 years, and I hope there are many more to come.”

P.D.‘s Intelligence unit may look a little different to Antonio when he returns to work: As previously reported, Sophia Bush is exiting her role as Det. Erin Lindsay after four seasons on the series.

Chicago P.D. returns with new episodes on Wednesday, Sept. 27, at 10/9c on NBC.

1. Jon Willis says:

In other news the sky is blue and water is wet. Everyone knew this was going to happen

2. PatriciaLee says:

The husband and I will miss Chicago Justice…bummer, man. However, we are happy Antonio is coming back to PD.

3. Kevin Tran says:

This news makes me happy. How will the upcoming season of Chicago PD fare now that Jon Seda is back in the wake of the cancellation of Chicago Justice and moving forward in life without Sophia Bush?

4. Katie says:

Any word yet on why Sophia Bush left? I’m surprised there hasn’t been any word from Sophia or the showrunners. As a fan of hers I would love to know why she did this. I really think the fans deserve some sort of explanation.

• Meme says:

Have a feeling we’ll get an official statement after the premiere. NBC and Co. seem to think that finale was a cliffhanger and that no one reads TVline or other credible sources who’ve confirmed Sophia’s exit

• Jamie says:

It’s honestly so weird that people think that fans “deserve” an explanation when an actor leaves a job. If it was a personal decision, then they don’t owe any strangers an explanation, just like you don’t owe strangers an explanation when you switch jobs.

5. Rachel says:

Happy but this
    A- doesn’t make up for losing Sophia
    B- doesn’t make up for cancellation Justice

• Samuel says:

Same – I expected as much anyway.
      A – True.
      B – Also, true.

• Kristin says:

I totally agree. The show won’t the same without Lindsay. The character is so tired to Voight. I also was starting to like the Chicago Justice spinoff. I did not car for the women on the show, but the males in the cast made the show entertaining. The women lack a connection and fell flat. I still think changes before the second season could have made a difference.

• T.W.S.S. says:

The only new character I liked was Nagel. I was invested in her custody/addition recovery story line. I didnt care at all for Peter, Anna, or the boss, but I would have kept watching.

6. fatalsin says:

I want Erin Back :(

7. RichieS says:

Any chance they will replace Sophia Bush with Noelle Carter ? They were a pretty good team on Justice.

• PatriciaLee says:

The husband kept griping that he couldn’t stand Antonio’s partner on Justice, so I hope not…haha. “Too much drama” was his take for both Joelle’s and Sophia’s characters. I guess he just wants the show to solve a crime a week. I don’t care other than wanting Voight to have more camera time.

8. Aeol says:

I’m glad he’s coming back, but wasn’t the point of him leaving to spend more time with his family? I’ll be interested to see how they resolve that.

9. Lorraine says:

Oh good like his part on Chicago pd and y did Sophie Bush leave

10. TV Gord says:

I’m to have him back on PD, but he’s not as cute as Sophia.

11. KT says:

I’m glad he’s back. He was way underused on Justice. I hope they also make the Revolution girl full time now. I like her character on this PD.

12. Bellastwin says:

Will you sophia bush fans get over yourselves? This is not about her. Anyways, glad to see jon back.

• Dean says:

Unfortunately those are tye kind of fans that think ‘personal choice’ means ‘railroaded’. Even if Sophia did say that in front of a camera with a press conference, those people would still think she was wronged in someway. Personally this is a welcomed change the show was founded on the characters of Voight and Antonio and honestly I hope it goes bqck to being Chicago PD and not the miserable childhood of Erin Lindsay.

13. T.W.S.S. says:

One the one hand, I’m glad we’ll be getting more Antonio (bring Nagle too!). On the other hand, Antonio left to head up his own team because he was “ready.” I hope they find a new role for him and he doesn’t end up working under Voight again.

14. grazelled says:

I’m glad Antonio’s coming back. We didn’t get to see enough of him on Justice plus I didn’t watch as much as I do PD. I’ll miss Sophia but having Antonio back will at least make Intelligence feel familiar.

15. Mark says:

I’m Glad this character is coming back he will add the balance that’s been missing to Voights character but is there any news on Tracy Spiridakos (Hailey Upton), coming back – staying being upped whats going on. With Sophia Bush leaving she now needs to to stay on as I enjoyed her addition to the team.

• Ruby says:

The show started with Voight and Antonio periodically butting heads and got away from that to almost making Voight a caricature of himself. I have missed their interactions,.

16. Lisa says:

YAY! Love Antonio. Glad he is coming back. But still won’t be the same without Sophia as Erin Lindsay

17. Lily says:

omg, this makes me so freakin’ happy!!! Antonio Dawson is alive and well and back on CPD!!

18. Rania says:

I will admit Sophia leaving makes me a little sad, but I think she’s interested in pursuing other things (even outside of acting maybe) or maybe she just wanted to not live in Chicago anymore, who knows, but either ways welcome back Jon Seda! He’s great, and I hope they keep the new girl from robbery homicide though her interaction with Erin were my favorite. I think if I had to pick I would’ve been okay saying bye to Jay lol anyways, hope the show stays getting better and best of luck to those returning and those leaving.