Claws Renewed Season 2 TNT

Claws Renewed for Season 2

TNT’s Claws has nailed a second season.

The cabler announced the crime dramedy’s renewal Wednesday.

“Look out Manatee County, these ladies are coming back for more!” Sarah Aubrey, executive vice president of original programming for TNT, said via statement. “These strong-willed, hilarious women represent the diverse voices this network is all about. Claws has certainly struck a chord with audiences and continues to attract new viewers each week.”

CLAWS, which TVLine gave a very positive review, premiered in June; the first episode also earned high marks from TVLine readers.

Season 2 of the Niecy Nash-led series is slated to premiere in 2018. The Season 1 finale will air Sunday, Aug. 13, at 9/8c.

Are you happy to hear that Claws is coming back? Sound off in the comments!

1. Eric7740 says:

I would just love it if it were more funny!!! Niecy is a comedian and her talents are being woefully underused!!!

• Andy Swift says:

I would argue that her talents are finally being used to their fullest. She’s funny, but her range is so much wider than that, and they’re really giving her a chance to explore the full spectrum.

• Lyndy says:

100% Agree Andy…why box her into a certain category when she’s got so much range to offer. I’m loving her in this show

• rafael_ says:

I agree. Niecy’s skills are so amazing, and that includes both drama (really loved her on Masters of Sex) and comedy. I love how complex the story is, besides the frirendship of these women we can see their personal struggles/stories. Niecy’s character brother adds a new layer to the plot and last episode was very touching.

2. Ray says:

This show built an entire cast using actors that were farther down the call sheet on other hit shows and made a really funny entertaining show. Some of the storylines can be way out there but that’s part of the charm. Glad to hear about the early pickup.

3. M says:

Great news! I love these women. Sometimes the violence is too much (it’s epidemic these days, really), but otherwise, I’m enjoying this show a lot.

4. Ray (the other one) says:

I’m glad. Very enjoyable summer fare and I always love Niecy in whatever role she plays.

5. Mez says:

TNT please renew Animal Kingdom!!!

6. Lyndy says:

I love this show…it’s incredible..just the way it is. Well deserved renewal

7. flylwyrgrl says:

YASSSSS! So glad that CLAWS has been picked up for another season. Great casting and writing…looking forward to more from the Ladies (and Gentlemen) of Manatee County!

8. Alec says:

Yes! Yes! Yes! I love my multi-ethnic Steel Magnolias! ♥

9. Keni k stone says:

What took TNT so long. Claws should have been renewed after the first episode.

10. I am so excited to hear this! I have been watching this show and it is great. The characters have many layers and that is what I like about it. So glad that I will be able to watch a season 2.

11. Diane Profeta says:

glad to hear Claws has been renewed – great show, great ladies! TNT just keeps bringing these great quality shows

12. Robin says:

Love this crazy funny show!

13. JOYCE DIAMOND says:

So happy CLAWS is going to a Season 2! It is so entertaining!

14. Lyn says:

Love ALL the ladies. What an ensemble!
    Kill Roller off for good, please.