Fall TV Preview
Arrow Season 6 Felicity Dies

Arrow Season 6: Stephen Amell Confirms One Return, Hints at Another

Appearing at the Heroes & Villains FanFest in Nashville on Saturday, Stephen Amell let slip with a few details from Season 6 of Arrow.

When last we tuned into the CW superhero series (which is moving to Thursdays at 9/8c this fall), Oliver and his son William could only helplessly look on as the island of Lian Yu exploded, putting the lives of so many friends, frenemies and family members in jeopardy.

Outside of the likely-to-return Team Arrow members, at least one other potential victim will be seen again. “I can report that Manu Bennett is back to being a part of the show,” Amell shared (as seen in this fan video), “and I think we will see him multiple times this year, which is awesome.”

Amell also teased that “we have somebody returning to the show this year that we have not seen since Season 1.” (The actor dropped a similar hint a year ago, and it turned out to be Bratva member Anatoly.)

On the non-casting front, Amell revealed, “Oliver has an apartment this year,” and that though the hero’s five-year odyssey has been fully chronicled, flashbacks still will play a role on the series, in part to flesh out supporting characters’ backstories. “They are a part of the show’s DNA,” he said. “I would expect to see them on a relatively regular basis.”

At one point, Amell was asked to share “two truths and one lie” about the Season 6 opener, which airs Oct. 12 and is titled “Fallout,” and after some thought he came back with, in no particular order: “Oliver and Slade have a scene in the present day; Diggle… deploys his gun and it doesn’t work; and Thea is in a present-day scene where we speak to one another.”

Are you glad to hear that Slade Wilson will live on, in some form? And who from Season 1 is due for an encore? (Laurel’s CNRI pal Joanna?!?!??!!)

Want scoop on Arrow, or for any other show? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. neetztalks says:

I think it’s Tommy

2. T.W.S.S. says:

I know it’s not Helena, who was last seen in season two, but if one good thing can come out of Underground being canceled, it’s Jessica De Gouw being available to reprise the role for multiple season-six episodes.

3. A says:

out of the people who were ONLY in S1, i’m hoping it’s Raisa. The others were meh.

4. Dominique says:

that’s awesome news, especially that he’s back for multiple episodes!!
    i’m hoping the s1 character will be tommy, although we did see him in a few s2 episodes, so i don’t know if that counts? i still think they should’ve made him prometheus, it would’ve made for one heck of a story! although josh segarra was phenomal as chase, the story of how oliver killed his father and now he’s out for revenge, and this all supposedly took place during s1, was a bit of an easy way to make chase the villain.

5. datdudemurphy says:

hoping and praying that this comes back strong

6. Joey Padron says:

Good news Slade will be in season 6 and an old character will be back! I can’t wait to find out who it is!

7. steven says:

His stepdad, maybe?

8. Max says:

I’m not a fan of the flashbacks. I always fast forward through them.

• Apres says:

Flashbacks are the bread crumbs of information for the future episodes. I love them because you pick up a ton of information about the characters and why certain things happen and why they’re doing what their doing in the future.

• Angelfan says:

9. Steve says:

I think it’s Janina Gavankar returning as McKenna Hall. She is available after Sleepy Hollow got cancelled.

10. parstl says:

I hope its either Helena or McKenna Hall who had chemistry with Oliver and interesting stories
    most likely Helena.

11. Huntress has to be the one to return, everyone thought she was going to pop up during season 5. But now it’s gotta be 6. She was a fan favorote.

12. Very relieved that Slade is alive. I was actually fearful that he could have been one of the casualties. But now I can take comfort in knowing he’s not among the deaths.

13. Riana says:

I wonder if they’re going to try judas contract since slade is still alive. The show could use a female big bad

• celticwolff says:

They already did their version of The Judas Contract with the Prometheus/Artemis storyline. There are rumors Lady Shiva is being set up for this season.

14. Nathaniel Honaker says:

I don’t really like the actor that plays wild dog I don’t like Renee he doesn’t really fit into team Arrow I think that they should bring back Black Canary and it would be actually quite simple to do you .have a black siren an a live version of Laurel only black sirens and evil version of Black Canary you can use black Sirens body to bring back Laurel Lance we’ve seen Constantine restore restore Sarah Lance’s soul use black sirens body and bring back Laurels soul and get rid of black siren soul that’s who I want to see come back and as far as season 1 char I’d love to see Roy Harper again I believe Oliver is going to be facing some tough decisions and one of the original team arrow members would be nice to see especially if they killed off some of Olivers friends. I think that person who plays wild dog they could replace him with Roy Harper. the current Black Canary I like but I’d rather have Laurel Lance back give the new one a different name

• natalie says:

they’re not going to bring laurel back and everyone hated when laurel brought sarah back. sarah had the chance to bring her back in legends!

• Nathaniel Honaker says:

Not everyone didn’t like it when Laurel brought sara back if Laurel didn’t bring Sarah back then the Legends wouldn’t exist and the only reason Sarah didn’t bring Laurel back with the Spear of Destiny is because it would have altered everyone’s destiny meaning it could have made Oliver someone else instead of the city’s hero but if you remember correctly Sarah Soul was somewhere else when Laurel brought her back John Constantine took the soul of Sarah Lance and put it back in her body the same thing can be done with black siren get rid of black siren soul and put Laurel Lance his soul into black siren which is one way they could bring Laurel back and plus Stephan Amell has stated how he wanted to make the show more like the comic books Oliver Queen AKA Green Arrow ends up with Black Canary which is Laurel Lance plus it would be really cool to see John Constantine and episode again

15. Matt Clark says:

I could honestly care less about Felicity, get rid if her. Besides in the comics Oliver is with Black Canary anyway.

16. V says:

Evelyn needs to go she is just so bad, Talia is a witch to her sister she deserves to be gone, Samantha 🤔gotta go to, she isn’t strong enough in her role.

17. Oliver’s Girlfriend that Helena shot

18. Azerty says:

Anyone freaking out about the lie? I guess since Manu Bennet returns, the first sentence is a truth, now between Diggle’s gun not working and Thea being in present scene I hope Dig’s gun is the lie, I would hate for Thea to die… Actually I am hoping to see her again in the Speedy suit, still don’t understand why she stepped out. If that’s a wish from the actress ok I respect that, but if that’s the writers only that’s a stupid idea. Anyway I know the character we haven’t seen since season 1 can’t be Roy but I hope to see him again this year, Arsenal is definitely a miss.

19. Michael Summerset says:

I suspect they’ll all survive because they hid out in the prison bunker, if it’s close enough.

20. Butch says:

Since they are doing flashbacks Thea could conceivably be one of the people who dies. She could still appear in flashbacks . It would accommodate fewer appearances by the actress instead of having the character be out of town for weeks at a time like this past season. Against Thea dying is I don’t think Stephen Amell would drop such a big spoiler and I think they want Thea to deal with her birth father’s death some more.

21. Julian says:

They have to get rid off of Curtis, I can’t stand him. He’s not funny, he’s not better than Felicity with the computer skills, he’s the weakest of all TA and this could be the opportunity to end his character. Laurel, Dinah and Rene would be alive since the actors has been promoted to series regulars. I hope Nyssa and Thea will be alive, and maybe Samantha. Quentin has to survive because he would be a part of Black Siren’s redemption arc. I’m not worried about Diggle and Felicity. Evelyn is a goner for sure. Not sure about Talia and Slade. Since they’re still doing flashback, Slade could appear there, maybe Thea.
    Tommy and Helena can’t be the character who will return since they appeared multiple times after season 1. I hope it’s not McKenna Hall, Oliver needs to be alone one season for a change.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Mr.Terrific is staying because he adds diversity, being both Gay and Black. Otherwise the only other Black man is Diggle, and there would be no Gay people. Plus Mr. Terrific provides some comedy relief and also his T-spheres are a valuable asset.

• Nathaniel Honaker says:

Curtis is not useless it’s his inventions that saved all of his life when they were pinned in the tunnels when Adrian Chase used an EMP and felicity’s spinal implant stopped working and if you remember correctly the only reason felicity’s walking is because of Curtis and his toys are the reason Oliver was able to save Felicity in the first place and get out however I think Renee is the week one he puts team arrow in danger more than he helps out he always goes off half-cocked never listening to Oliver he thinks his ways the right way and he doesn’t follow orders I think he should be the one that dies on the island he’s the weakest link and the team Arrow plus we already have a character that uses guns and that’s smarter and he’s way more experienced not to mention 20 times better and he wears a mask we don’t need another Mask Gun person

22. Next season of Arrow should be inspired by Goyer’s SuperMAX screenplay.

After news breaks that Star City Mayor Oliver Queen is also the vigilante known as Arrow, who in turn is also the mass-murderer known as The Hood, he is impeached and sentenced to Belle Reeve Penitentiary in New Orleans.

The entire season should revolve around his time there, with the last episode revealing that the so-called reveal of Ollie’s identity as the Hood/Arrow (which would have employed what Susan Williams uncovered about him in the recently-concluded season) was part of the Bratva’s revenge scheme against him and he was really set-up (a lie concocted by Felicity, her final heroic act before Anatoly – as part of his transformation into the KGBeast – puts a bullet in her head, leading into the next season, Arrow vs KGBeast)

As for the returned character, since the flashbacks are still on, it could be Shadow, Eddie, or anyone else from the island. Tommy is unlikely given Chicago Med.

23. Jaime says:

So about tv it great and green arrow the TV show is great and if you guys think you guys are done making Seasons about Green arrow you guys should make a movie if you guys want to but if you do make a movie can you guys make 1 or 3

24. natalie says:

okay guys:
    yes tommy showed up in season 2 a couple of times but those were memories or something. so i’m only going to be happy if it’s tommy who comes back!!
    speaking of coming back… roy harper!!!
    colton haynes has said that he would love to come back on arrow, and he doesn’t have any other things going on (at least i think so). him and thea can be together!!
    also thea HAS to have a good storyline this season, they keep on having her leave for a few episodes and then bring her back. have her be mayor! she basically already was when oli was in office.
    p.s. i’m excited for slade!! i missed him also olicity is going to join together again or i’m suing

25. Paul Penna says:

As some people have mentioned, I think McKenna Hall is a possibility, since there was a plan to bring her back in Season 2, although it never happened.

There are also some interesting Season 1 villains who could return, like The Dodger, who was played by James Callis.

However, the character that popped into my head when they said someone from Season 1 would be returning is Carly Diggle, ex-wife of Andy Diggle, mother to Andy Jr., and ex-romantic interest to John Diggle.

She was the waitress from Big Belly Burger in Season 1 and hasn’t been seen since the end of the first season (although she gets mentioned a lot).

26. Angelfan says:

The seasons are starting to run together for me, but if Helena was season 1, my guess is Helena.

27. Fido says:

Summer Glau is coming back, right ?! We find out they took her to a Lazarus Pit and fixed her up good ‘n proper…… fingers crossed. :)

28. jj says:

Just want Felicity dead and stay dead.

29. Matthew says:

Crazy theories- Taylor Moore or presumed dead Frank Chen

30. Matthew says:

Wait… Its Raisa the maid!!!

31. AKH says:

I think he was referring to Raisa (the Queen maid from the pilot) whose actress has been seen in Vancouver. But now that Black Siren will be a regular, I’d love to see Helena (Laurel’s comic bf who E2 Laurel seems to know if “once you let the darkness inside” is anything to go by- Dark Birds of Prey please), and maybe Helena’s former victim McKenna as Vigilante but also a future potential ally for the Birds?

Also, Laurel’s show bf Joanna was clearly inspired by Black Lightning’s niece from the comics- even if they’re not going to tie the universes together I’d love to see her come back this season in the lead-up to that show’s premiere. And while we’re at it, it would be fun to see Carly (Dig’s sister-in-law) again.

(S1 had so many great, interesting recurring ladies who should have been promoted to regular before Felicity)

32. Carole Lesly says:

I think Rene will die and Lance will adopt his daughter. Samantha will die so that Oliver will be a “hands on” dad. Thea needs to suit up & be Speedy again! I would LOVE to see Roy Harper come back! I wish they would bring back “Rags”….I liked him. Dinah, to me, is a poor replacement for Black Canary. I would like to see Laurel return but I DO NOT want her with Oliver…..EVER!!! I think it would be SO AWESOME if Felicity had been secretly training and she would become a kick-ass “masked” heroine that takes down the bad guys\gals in her off time! Dress her in white & silver…call her Halo or Angel! Just a thought!

33. kath says:

I’m hoping it’s Raisa. She can take care of William so he can be off-screen.
    Other than that, McKenna to run the police department but I think Janina Gavrakis wants more than a recurring role on a CW show.