Once Upon a Time Season 7

Have Once Castings Conjured Interest? Was Night Shift Doubly Dark? A Super New Gig for Grace Park? And More Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Killjoys, Claws, Fear the Walking Dead and Once Upon a Time!

1 | For Season 2, does GLOW really need to figure out if Debbie’s husband is a decent guy who occasionally says/does the wrong thing or an unbelievably insensitive, clueless (and, in the finale, borderline cartoonish) jerk?

2 | How cool is it that Killjoys‘ hackmod storyline allows for so many roles for amputee actors?

3 | Did Claws fake you out with this week’s Ghost Roller reveal? And don’t we need to see a lot more of Polly’s background — especially if it involves more accents from Carrie Preston?

4 | Power fans: What are the odds that Andre turned off the security cameras after Sandoval planted the gun in Ghost’s office?

5 | TVLine reader Big Mike notes, “Fear the Walking Dead was sold as ‘the fall of society in L.A. during the early stages of the outbreak.’ Last season we were in Mexico, and now we’re dealing with PreacherNative Americans. How the hell did we get here?!?”

6 | On Preacher, how Julee Cruise-on-Twin Peaks was the vibe of Julie Ann Emery’s fake jazz singer?

7 | With the American Ninja Warrior hosts lording over this year’s Macy’s Fireworks special, did you half expect them to announce that Jessie Graff was about to scale the Empire State Building?

8 | Did you notice how PBS’ A Capitol Fourth, in the wake of last year’s “recycled fireworks” kerfuffle, went out of its way to make it absolutely, positively clear that Kellie Pickler’s performance was recorded during rehearsal, before she fell ill?

9 | OK, let’s brainstorm! What Vancouver-based series can Vancouver-based Grace Park easily join? (Did we hear someone say Supergirl…?) And speaking of Hawaii Five-0‘s pair of big exits, a poll for longtime viewers:

11 | What is going on Blood Drivein this Blood Drive scene?? (Or do we actually not want to know?)

12 | How does Kingdom‘s dirt-poor, can’t-hold-a-job Jay regularly afford so much booze and assorted “party favors”?

13 | Did Younger‘s debate about memes make you question your own understanding of them? And how did it take four seasons for Kelsey to mention that she comes from Texas?

14 | Has Once Upon a Time‘s big salvo of Season 7 cast additions — including Gabrielle Anwar, Dania Ramirez and Reign‘s own Adelaide Kane — increased your curiosity factor for the “reset” by 10 to 20 percent? Or more?

15 | Is Fox’s potential Empire/Star crossover aBATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS case of too little, too late?

16 | This week in Battle of the Network Stars categorization grumbles: the supremely telegenic Gilles Marini and Joanna Krupa were put on the “Variety” team, and not “Sex Symbols,” because of, what, a long-ago DWTS turn and a long-defunct Real Housewives run?

17 | Did any other Zoo fans assume that Mitch was lying to Clementine 2 about his “7960” memory, to suss out if she was an imposter? (Or does one not wake from a 10-year hibernation so cynical?)

18 | Do you suspect The Night Shift had Annie’s tragic denouement already locked in at the time they realized Ken Leung wouldn’t be returning and decided to kill Topher off? (Because it was kind of a grim double-header!) Also, it was totally on purpose that they had Jill Flint’s Jordan say the “Flint right here in Texas” line, right?

19 | Why did Nashville‘s Alyssa say she never would have let Scarlett do the interview with Mackenzie Rhodes “if I had been here”? Um, where was she? Also, how are we supposed to believe that Alyssa is super-savvy and on top of everything if she didn’t even know that Deacon is a recovering alcoholic?

Degrassi20 | On Degrassi, could Tristan’s recovery style be a(n even unintentional) nod to Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” video?

21 | If we ask Netflix nicely, do you think they’d take a break from releasing new shows every week so we could all get caught up before fall TV?

Hit the comments with your answers – and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Larc says:

14- OUaT cast additions haven’t even made up for cast losses yet. They’ll have to announce some more impressive names before that happens, IMO.

2. Fido says:

14. Not watched the show other than the first ep (didn’t click for me), but with Adelaide and Anwar and Daniella – well that’s me signed up for a looksee :)

• Fido says:

2. Definitely. :) – I must say, though, that laser finger might be cool ‘n all, but I’d be concerned about scratching myself at night and slicing off something delicate. :ouchie:

• RichieS says:

Could Adelaide Kane be playing the “Queen of Hearts”?

3. Jake says:

16. The categorization in both episodes have been suspect at best to try to even out the teams. But I’m enjoying the show thus far, so I’ll allow it.

4. Ashley says:

14 – I’m curious to know who they’re playing, but not curious/interested in actually watching the show

5. joe says:

5) I was thinking the same thing, I’m losing interest quickly

6. Carla says:

Interesting choice of pic…is Gabrielle there for rumple?

7. buttercupscarlett95 says:

14. The Once casting doesn’t do anything for me. They’ve lost too many of the old cast for me to care about the show anymore. I’d maybe consider watching if they can get Morrison back, but right now it feels like this show has been gutted. ABC needs to put it out of its misery.

8. amy says:

14- Honestly I am really only interested in knowing how they handle Emma not being there. Her being dead will 100 percent mean I am not here for the new season, also had it been a 100 percent reboot that was introduced more in s7 I would have been 100 percent behind

• Mary says:

Exactly. It was completely rebooted I might have watched but the way they’re doing it means Emma and others will lose their happy endings and everything that was wrapped up gets destroyed. I could never watch a show that destroyed Emma’s happy ending and I can’t even imagine them killing her – it upsets me too much

• Stewart says:

I have a feeling from what ive read that this will be a different version of characters (except Henry and his daughter) and the versions we know have left. The wording for the new season is very specific to the storybook version ie Evil Queen not Regina and also Storybrooke wil not be the main place make me think this

• amy says:

I think that is because they are cursed in Seattle though? With new personalites. And pr’s always say the EQ…Captain Hook….and Rumple using their fairy-tale identities. Pretty sure this year reads something like Henry joined by Lucy and his family (the the three above characters. ) as they join forces to save their world and ours or some jazz

9. Marcie says:

Wasn’t the slightest bit interested until I saw Anwar would be in it, not to mention Ramirez. But knowing the writers, they’ll find a way to wreck the show despite the great cast.

10. Michelle says:

14. I’m even less interested, to be honest. For some reason (maybe so many at one time) it feels even more like a slap in the face to loyal fans than it already did. Like they see their female cast as interchangeable.

Honestly unless they get Jennifer Morrison to come back for at least a few more episodes, I’m 100% out.

11. Mary says:

I am so uninterested in Once I can’t believe it. Some random cheaper versions of the cast members aren’t going to increase the interest. I’m actually embarrassed for everyone left on that show

12. Mary says:

Get Jennifer Morrison back and my interest in Once will go up!

13. Nathan says:

15 it’s only been I season of star. Don’t see how it’s too late.

14. Tom_B says:

16. It has to be age, but Daugherty on the ‘Sex Symbols’ team was also a DWTS Alum. As was Lawrence and Bleu from the ‘tv kids’ team.

15. Daisy says:

6. I couldn’t tell if that singer was supposed to be intentionally dull. I mean, were we supposed to be so mesmerized by her “beauty” that we would ignore how incredibly bland her singing was? What a complete waste of 4 minutes of screen time.

16. Luis Roman says:

9. Lady Shiva on “Arrow”

17. Amit says:

3. Not really? But yes, we need more of Polly’s background – there seems to be a lot there!

9. Grace Park would be great on Supergirl. She could be an incredible Dr Light. (I know, we got a version of that character with Linda Park on the Flash, but that doesn’t mean that Supergirl can’t have it’s own version…)

13. Kelsey’s Texas thing did come from left field a little, but I’m trying to roll with it. Hilary Duff is definitely killing it this season.

14. I could so easily have left the show behind me but no, they went and cast Adelaide Kane. So now I have to watch.

18. Gilded Lady says:

9) Supernatural…and hopefully not kill her off.

19. Shaun says:

9)I’d like to see her on The 100 or Flash(too many male villains).

20. PatriciaLee says:

2. Do you mean they use no CGI? Wow!! Super cool, if so!

10. The show moved away from a lead a long time ago. Now, it’s a five ensemble, and they definitely did deserve equal pay. They carried the show as much as any of them.

14. No. I have zero anticipation for this next season, even though I have liked some of the actresses in prior shows. Leaving Storybrooke seems a big turn-off, and losing the other regulars and recurrings is just a huge disappointment. That makes it kind of hard to look forward to. The husband says, “They are thinking they can cut off the head of the Golden Goose and still get the eggs.”

21. Kecha says:

14.
    No, Once upon a time has ended in may!
    I wonder why I always the impression that actress are interchange in Hollywood!
    The reboot is a cheap version of season 1 ( Henry and Lucy are doing basically what Emma and younger Henry did) it is worse than I previously thought!

22. kirads09 says:

#17 – Yes, I thought Mitch was lying to Clem to test her. It is Mitch after all – so he would wake up just as cynical and lovingly snarky after 10 years – if not even MORE so.

23. T.W.S.S. says:

13. “What are you guys talking about! … You don’t even know what a meme is? How could I have been so blind?”

I hope this Liza/Kelsey estrangement doesn’t drag on, but Kelsey was hilarious this week.

24. Tom says:

~
    5 | TVLine reader Big Mike notes, “Fear the Walking Dead was sold as ‘the fall of society in L.A. during the early stages of the outbreak.’ Last season we were in Mexico, and now we’re dealing with Native Americans. How the hell did we get here?!?”
    ~
    How did The Walking Dead get from (wherever) in Georgia to Alexandria?
    ~
    Grace Park could be great for Supergirl. I don’t know what else films there, but why do we need to limit ourselves to Vancouver? She could show up on any show, like, I don’t know, Preacher or…American Gods or whatever other shows she wanted
    ~
    11 | What is going on in this Blood Drive scene?? (Or do we actually not want to know?)
    ~
    I think given most of the previews I’ve seen, it falls into the not wanting to know category
    my curiosity factor was already to the point where 10% would put me over 100
    ~
    15 | Is Fox’s potential Empire/Star crossover a case of too little, too late?
    ~
    They hadn’t done already?
    ~
    Can we stop obsessing over her please?

• MMD says:

9. I think Vancouver was mentioned because that is where she is from and her family lives. Plus there are tons of shows that film in BC that she could appear on.

25. Shannon says:

14: The cast members have increased my interest in the next season by like 40%! I’m still counting on next season sucking, writing-wise, but this might keep me watching for more than 2 episodes.

26. Brandy says:

#14.Kane casting def got me more excited and I liked Daina on DM.I was still going to watch anyway-Love Regina,Runple,Henry and they’ll still be there,as much as I’ll majorly miss Emma,Snowing ,Belle,Zelena.

27. TinLV says:

After all this time waiting for Night Shift to start this season.. this is what we get ??
    So far, absolutely hate it. For one thing, Topher could have just found another job, killing him off wasn’t necessary. And the suicide sends a poor message that being an addict is so hopeless you might as well jump off a bridge…. and as a recovered addict (for almost 40 years) I can tell you its never hopeless. And for God’s Sake, bring TC home.. . .

• PatriciaLee says:

Wow, what a way to make sure blue-sky viewers don’t check out the show in re-runs. Thanks for the info…sounds like they messed it up…feel your pain, and I’m sorry they made the show something I wouldn’t be interested in. I just hadn’t gotten to it yet…bummer for the fans.

• NightShift-Fan says:

It seems the authors and showrunnres have read a copy of the guide “How to lead your show to cancelation”. After needlessly killing of Topher keeping TC away from the rest of the cast seems so wrong. The chemistry of the previous seasons isn’t there anymore. Where are the after-shifts come togethers?

28. trainerbt says:

5 – Which is EXACTLY how it began and spent a lot of the first season. Are we supposed to just sit and watch them roam around a burning city season after season? As Gale Ann Hurd put in last week in Talking Dead, their point has been to dispel what people think they would do in the same event. Get in a boat? That didn’t turn out well … Go to a TEOTWAWKI property? Issues there, too … I have no problem with saying I’ve enjoyed the evolution of the show, and the growing moral grayness of the characters. You don’t get those shades of character development on TWD.

• Big Mike says:

Except for the part where we skipped over the downfall of society stuff. The first few episodes had a nice slow build, until finally stuff hit the fan when he core group hid in Daniels Barber Shop. When they left, they were in the midst of a full blown riot, patients were being shot by police at the hospital, things were chaotic.
      That stuff was tremendous……until the army arrived and we time jumped 6 weeks past all of the interesting stuff. It then became “The Walking Dead: West Coast”, because it is the same rinse/repeat storytelling as the main show. People in power abuse said power, core group is in danger, core group rebels, a death or two, the group wins/escapes to greener pastures where the people in power abuse their power…..
      Let’s not talk about the inconsistency in the story telling. Let’s take Nick, the hardcore drug addict who had the easiest withdrawal I’ve ever seen. Wasn’t he so against killing walkers that he actually left his family because of it? What does he do now? That’s right, kills walkers without a second thought. I could go on and on and on, but it’s not worth it.
      I’m glad you enjoy it by the way. I really do. It just frustrates me to no end how they had a killer concept and completely mucked it up midway through the 1st season, and now we just seem to be meandering around as viewers, much like walkers themselves.

29. Another Poster says:

Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park should have been paid as much as Scott Caan, not as much as Alex O’Loughlin. He is the star of the show and has to endure one tough physical stunt after another. His body has been messed up as a result of all the demanding work he has had to do after 7 season. Hawaii Five-O can survive without Scott Caan, Daniel Dae Kim, and Grace Park, however, if Alex O’Loughlin leaves the series, the show comes to an end.

30. Klynn says:

14 – Nope! Nothing will until I know who they are playing, how they deal with no Emma/Jen and I’m sure they don’t mess with the happy endings. This is stunt casting, imo. They know they are in trouble. Again, imo.

31. ninergrl6 says:

14. I was deeply saddened with the announcement that Jen was leaving OUAT, particularly immediately after the Captain Swan wedding, but the new casting announcements have absolutely piqued my interest in season 7. I’m mostly curious how exactly they’ll handle the reset & explain away the actors who are not returning, but the new folks have me curious too. As upset as I was in May, I can’t quit this show.

32. rob says:

9.i thing grace be great in Arrowversum maybe as Casandra Cain she can play in both Arrow and Flash

33. annr09 says:

One word for Grace Park: SHOOTER.

34. cuius says:

21 – If the remaining summer releases are of “Gypsy” standard, Netflix will be doing themselves a favour

35. Cas says:

14. No it did not since I have no idea who the new actresses are.

36. Erma says:

Nothing could get me to watch the Hook Show.

37. KLS says:

5a. Have there been more zombies at the G20 Summit than there have been in 2.5 seasons of Fear The Walking Dead?

38. Eva says:

I am not sad in the least about the departure of old OUAT cast. The ones I’ve loved from day one (or some time later in S2) have remained.

It’s been clearly said, not only once, that the previous Snowing story is OVER. This is the new chapter. I like OUAT concept and I am here for it (and Regina/whatever new character Lana is going to play).

39. Ally Oop says:

The amount of TV I want to watch is now this unsurmountable mountain which just goes taller by the day. The list of shows I want to catch up on is now at 37 and the list of shows I have not yet watched but want to is at 57…

40. Jared S says:

I feel like Netflix is oversaturated with shows right now. Every time I go on there are like 12 new shows. They need to chill with their throw everything at the wall and see what sticks approach and focus on the quality of a smaller number of shows.

Maybe then they could’ve had the money (not that I think they don’t have it anyway) to give Sense8 a full final season, but I’m not complaining about what we got because they didn’t have to give us anything.

Anyway, their current slate of shows aren’t up to par with what they’ve done before. Even longrunning shows like OITNB have suffered. I still haven’t gotten past episode 3 of last season and I started the day it came out last year.

41. Jamie says:

20. Lady Gaga is so overused and overrated, but Tristan is the type of kid that would glob onto someone like her and obsess for years, so it’s likely.
    But I have to say, I’m really glad that Degrassi is taking their time with his recovery. I feel like way too many shows have someone get into a serious accident and then they’re back to full speed 2 weeks after coming out of a coma.

42. plebcinema says:

My interest in S7 of Ouat is very low. I have no interest in these new characters; i don’t care who they are at all my interest in this show is limited to the fate of Emma Swan and to a lesser degree, what is in store for Killian Jones.

43. Mrs. Linda Reilly says:

ABC, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING by doing away with our major characters? Ginnifer Goodwin, playing Snow White, Josh Dallas, as Prince Charming, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, and Emile de Ravin as Belle were all there from the beginning. We watched Jared Gilmore grow up on the show playing Henry Mills. Without them, there would be no Once Upon A Time. They started it all. It would be like getting rid of Rumpelstiltskin, Mr. Gold, played by Robert Carlyle. It just shouldn’t be done. Nothing in Storybrooke will be the same without them. Please rethink your decision on this matter and bring them back. You can still have your other characters come in, as usual. Thank you for this consideration.

44. LaDonna says:

11 – From the responses I’ve seen, I think the better question is…is anyone actually watching Blood Drive?