Misfits Dave Foley Cast Freeform Remake

Dave Foley Joins Misfits Remake Pilot

Many of the characters in Freeform’s Misfits remake pilot have supernatural abilities. The one played by new cast addition Dave Foley (NewsRadio) really, really doesn’t.

Foley has joined the potential superhero drama as as series regular, our sister site Deadline reports. His character, Bernie, is a schlubby, desperate car-service driver who is clumsy and rather desperate.

Misfits, an adaptation of a British cult hit, centers on a group of young offenders in a community-service program who develop otherworldly powers after being hit by a mysterious electrical storm. The cast includes Ashleigh Lathrop (Sirens) as Alicia, a spoiled, vapid, middle-class party girl; Tre Hall (ABC’s upcoming Ten Days in the Valley) as Curtis, a talented and cocky football player with a promising career ahead of him; Jake Cannavale (Nurse Jackie) as Nathan, a con artist with a heavily inflated sense of his own attractiveness, intelligence and potential; and Allie MacDonald (Orphan Black) as Kelly, who is street-smart with a hair-trigger temper.

Charlie Saxton (Hung) also has been cast in the series-regular role of Simon, who has trouble connecting with the other youthful miscreants in the community-service program.

iZombie‘s Diane Ruggiero-Wright will write, produce and serve as showrunner if the remake goes to series. Fake Empire’s Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage will executive-produce alongside the original show’s creator Howard Overman.

Foley’s long list of TV credits also includes Will & GraceIt’s Always Sunny in PhiladelphiaHot in ClevelandThe Middle and Dr. Ken. Saxton also has appeared in WorkaholicsCooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life and Bones, among other series.

1. Steven says:

Love Charlie Saxton and Dave Foley. I’ll absolutely be watching.

2. LisaMBri says:

How can you leave NewsRadio out of Dave Foley’s list of credits?

3. Lucy says:

I don’t really understand how he fits in with the show. I’m someone that is very protective of the original, so on hand, I’m happy they aren’t copy and pasting it but on the other, I feel it might lose the core of the show. I also feel like they will try a conspiracy plot and reasoning for the powers, which I think they shouldn’t do. In the original, it just happened, people wanted to know why them but they never really actively looked out for a reason or a cause. They just dealt with it.

• hpeterson169 says:

Me too about the protectiveness, I won’t be watching the new one. I still rewatch the original all the time, even if it isn’t considered ‘relevant’ anymore

4. Monique says:

they are going to destroy this. just watch the original on hulu

5. roni1133 says:

The Kids in the Hall should forever and always be mentioned first when listing Dave Foley’s credits.

6. Syl says:

Good for him he’s gainfully employed. Good for me, I don’t watch that show. Win/win.

7. tommy says:

Someone looked at Iwan and figured that this dude was the best shot at replacing him? This show is DOA.

• leianaberrie says:

My thoughts exactly.

• Casey says:

You realize that Dave Foley isn’t playing Simon, right?

• tommy says:

Yep, and that guy is as far from Iwan Rheon in the looks and body department as possible. I have no idea what the casting team was thinking when they cast that dude, but recapturing the edgy enigma of Simon and/or the sex appeal of Superhoodie was clearly not their priority.

8. Mare says:

I’ve loved him since “News Radio!”