Exclusive
Major Crimes Stroh

Major Crimes Season 6: Billy Burke Set for Encore as Slithery Phillip Stroh

Stroh, no!

TVLine has learned exclusively that TNT’s Major Crimes in Season 6 will bring back Billy Burke as one of the franchise’s most vile and indefatigable villains, serial rapist, serial killer and sometime-lawyer Phillip Stroh.

Burke first portrayed Stroh in February of 2009, during Season 4 of Major Crimes‘ sire, The Closer. He has made a total of five appearances, most recently in Major Crimes‘ two-part Season 3 finale, where Stroh, acting as his own attorney, murdered a judge in his chambers and then pulled off a well-orchestrated escape.

Having remained on the lam ever since, the key to finding Rusty’s longtime tormentor will lie in guessing his true motives — and figuring out the mysterious identity of a woman he’s desperate to find.

Burke of course currently stars on CBS’ Zoo as Mitch Morgan, while his other TV credits include Revolution, Rizzoli & Isles, My Boys and 24.

Major Crimes returns this fall with its 13-episode Season 6, which has added Jessica Meraz (Chasing Life) in the series-regular role of Det. Camila Paige, while Amirah Vann (Underground) will recur as Special Agent Jazzma Fey.

Want more scoop on Major Crimes, or for any other show? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Natalie says:

I’ve been wondering when he would be back! YAY

2. Oran says:

At long last! I’m happy Billy is coming back to the show.

3. Dani says:

Yaaaassss, finally

4. popeye013 says:

Brilliant news this. Stroh i think is one of the worst(Best) TV crims ever created and Billy Burke plays it so well, the guy is a talent and more!

5. The Rookie says:

I wanted him to come back to Rizzoli & Isles in season seven. Too bad that show imploded by becoming a procedural and separating the leads. It was more the Rizzoli and detectives + Isles and medical staff. So much promise never fulfilled.

6. Elaine Gernert says:

When is season 6 starting? Hopefully soon nothing good on tv to watch. Love Major Crimes.

7. marapem360 says:

So when is MAJOR CRIMES going to be back this summer?????

8. ljd213 says:

Thanks, Matt for the scoop. The pessimist in me thinks this points to the series wrapping up. I’d hate to see that.

9. Elena George says:

And we hope for an extended season 6 once TNT gets a look, esp at the ratings :-)

10. Rex the Wonder Dog says:

In an ideal world Stroh would have killed Rusty and Brenda would have killed Stroh. Can’t stand either of them.

11. Hal Grimes says:

Could Rusty……Go Away ???

12. Sue says:

Fingers crossed he finally gets Rusty and does us all a favor (Rusty isn’t real, I can wish for this can’t I?!)!!

13. Does Brenda ever really get a mention anymore? I’ve missed a lot of this show, but did she and Fitz get divorced and I missed it? It seems like she never existed now, and you’d think that at least some of them would be in contact with her. I just find it odd. Maybe I missed something.

14. Stevie says:

Well, the show has milked this character to some extent now. The authors have proven themselves to be enormously creative and they have done a lot of great things with this show, but Philip Stroh…. He seems to be like an ace kept up the sleeves for emergencies “…if we can’t think of a way out, let’s resurrect Philip Stroh ….again…” Is that really necessary?
    Otherwise: I can’t wait for Major Crimes to come back. I’m especially excited that the upcoming episodes will be multi-parters. That will be great.

15. Pat says:

The article says Major Crimes startscagain in the fall of 2017. Is there no actual date? Can’t find it anywhere.

16. Regina says:

Love Major Crimes. I hate being left hanging and Stroh needs to be dealt with but like how there’s just not the easy way of getting him taken care of. He’s definitely proven to be a mastermind! Really wish Brenda would come back to help!!!

17. Laura says:

I binged watched the closer and loved it and now I’m binge watching major crimes so happy I did can’t wait for season 6