Greta Van Susteren Out MSNBC Fired For the Record With Greta

Greta Van Susteren Out at MSNBC

The game of cable-news musical chairs continues: Greta Van Susteren‘s time is up at MSNBC.

The anchor and commentator announced her exit in a tersely worded tweet on Thursday:

It was a short stay at MSNBC for Van Susteren: She just joined the network in January to host the weeknight news program For the Record With Greta. Before that, she was a Fox News anchor, hosting On the Record for 14 years before resigning last September. Van Susteren also spent a decade at CNN, starting there as a legal analyst during the O.J. Simpson murder trial.

Van Susteren will not appear on Thursday night’s show, according to a report in Vanity Fair; MSNBC legal correspondent Ari Melber will take over her 6 pm timeslot.

For the Record has struggled in the ratings, even while other MSNBC hosts like Rachel Maddow have seen record viewership growth. NBC News chairman Andrew Lack admitted the ratings for Van Susteren’s show weren’t great in a New York Times interview last month: “It’s not breaking out… I think it takes time, and I’ve got a lot of patience.” (Well, maybe not so much patience.)

Will you miss Greta on MSNBC? Or was she never a great fit at the network? Drop your thoughts in a comment below.

1. Rusty says:

I am surprised it took this long. She comes across as know it all and her voice grinds stone and is a die hard Trumper even though she tried to hide it. Now to get rid of Megyn Kelly, who is totally worthless as an asset to NBC/MSNBC.

• Deb says:

Agree!!!

• DL says:

I watched her show a lot. She’s definitely not a diehard Trumper, and she criticized him plenty. I’m as liberal as any MSNBC junkie, but I really enjoyed getting a reasonable POV from the other side. Conservatives as a whole are not the enemy, and it’s important to listen to people outside our bubble. Let’s not forget that Obamacare was originally Romneycare in Massachusetts. If we could stop being so polarized, maybe we can find that common ground again. Greta’s a straight-shooter, and I for one will be sad to see her go.

• Donna says:

I agree with you. It’s difficult to try and remain reasonable in a time when it seems you need to choose sides to watch the news.

• Ashley says:

I agree. I’ve been a Rachel Maddow fan since her Air America days, but I’m sometimes in the mood for a more straight news approach. I thought Greta did a good job; I’m sorry to see her go. But I’m not surprised — as others have noted, some die-hard liberals wouldn’t give her a chance, and many Fox people wouldn’t watch MSNBC for any reason.

• CM52@aol.com says:

You say you are a liberal DL, ya right! What did you think of the accusation that Obama was not born in the US? I guess that was just another conservative point of view. We are not stupid, my Repubican friend. Now, I’ve got to go and hug another tree while you help destroy the EPA!!!!!!!!!

• cazzbaa says:

Your point has zero to do with the topic… The topic is “will you miss Greta Van Susteren, or not?” Anyone who pays a modicum of attention knows about Trumps ridiculous accusations in 2011 about President Obama’s place of birth.

• Julie says:

And there ya go….hahaha. u r the problem, only ur view counts, and insults r a must…grow up, join the real world…it takes a village, & the village doesn’t have to always agree..lol

• CM52@aol.com says:

Coming from a tree-hugging liberal like myself, DL, me thinks you are a FOX addict in liberal clothing. Greta could not disguise her extreme Republican ways. Now,back to it . . …Romney care was a far cry from the Affordable Care Act . The Dems tried , for years, to pass the needed revisions to improve on the product, Republicans promised ,on the air before all of us,,that they aimed to make the Obama presidency a failure.Republicans stopped any effort to allow tweaks to the Affordable Care Act. Keep with the FACTS, DL (not alternative facts). BY the way, I lived near TAX-ACHUSSETTS , that is how Massachusetts folks describe the state, for many years. Get the facts straight. Now, I have more trees to hug.Love… your bleeding-heart liberal friend. DUMP TRUMP and Make America Greater Again. SHEESH!

• cazzbaa says:

Greta is far from a Republican lackey, she strikes me as an Independent like myself she is sensible and reasonable and no sellout. You aren’t going to always agree with the opinions of a moderate if you are an ideologue. What I appreciate about Greta is that she was her own person and a mixture of political points of view.. I will take an animal lover everytime!

• Julie says:

Can’t be to conservative …shes a Sicencetoloygist..lol.

• cazzbaa says:

To agree here and prior to Romneycare the ACA was the plan drawn up by the ultra-conservative Heritage Foundation in the early 1990’s. Had Nixon not been forced from office it is likely that universal healthcare would have been in effect since the early to mid-70’s. As for Greta, I am right there with you on who she is.

• cinncook says:

I am sorry to see Greta had left MSNBC. I thought she was on an agreed sabbatical vac since it is summer and holidays. I concur with you on every word u said here. I am def. a big liberal and addicted to MSNBC but i did like Greta. I thought she brought a good n balanced voice. Greta came in, cuz MSNBC is trying to bring more open minded conservatives to MSNBC channel. I dont know how big she was at Fox. It just didnt seem to work for MSNBC channel at this moment.

• Louise winchenbach says:

Agree! She’s the closest I could get to conservative… but it WAS GOOD to hear her point of view

• Julie says:

Thank u…im a middle of the road person, myself..have voted both sides, threw the years. I’m fed up with both parties, they need to get back to the basics…get along, for the betterment of the whole US, not parts of it.

• CM52@aol.com says:

i agree that Greta just can’t quite get out of interviewing in the style of FOX FICTION NEWS. Rachel Maddow says this is a great gal and that is enough for me. However, since the White House is in need of lawyers. . .maybe Greta should inquire there !!! I do wish her the best, though.

• Nancy Gross says:

Absolutely agree with Rusty. I would add she appears to be a religious right and after watching Richard Engle tonight am shocked at that group idolizes Putin.Also, I always
      wondered if anyone else was bothered by her shrill voice. Drove me crazy.
      Thanks, Suz

2. bobbie says:

Why in the world was she hired in the first place, everyone at Fox should be banned from journalism, well maybe not Wallace and Shep Smith, they at least occasionally try.

Now can Megyn Kelly, what kind of grown adult, let alone a “journalist” goes on a tirade about a black Santa?

• ron lessner says:

Yeah, the freedom of the Press thing really sucks when you don’t like it.

• bobbie says:

1A, protects any idiot from saying all the lies they want, but no Fox News is hardly the Press. They have spent years spreading hate and lies and now we have President Trump and his tweeter feed.

You can say what you want, but you are not guaranteed a platform to say it.

• HEYScott says:

MSNBC is the biggest joke for media

• CM52@aol.com says:

NO, that would be FOX FICTION NEWS. Bill O’reilly, Fox and Friends. . .need I say more?

Hannity responds
            Sean Hannity
            SEAN HANNITY
            “The president said he’s going to bring in 250,000 (Syrian and Iraqi) refugees into this country.”
            — PunditFact on Monday, October 26th, 2015
            Pants on Fire!
            Born in Bamberg, S.C.
            Ann Coulter
            ANN COULTER
            Says South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley “is an immigrant.”
            — PunditFact on Wednesday, June 24th, 2015
            Pants on Fire!
            Based on a debunked claim
            George Will
            GEORGE WILL
            Says President Ronald Reagan “had a month of job creation of 1 million.”
            — PunditFact on Monday, April 6th, 2015
            Pants on Fire!
            Wrong last year, wrong today
            Dana Perino
            DANA PERINO
            On climate change, “the temperature readings have been fabricated, and it’s all blowing up in their (scientists’) faces.”
            — PunditFact on Friday, February 13th, 2015

BOOM! PANTS ON FIRE FOX reporting!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

OK, that’s enough for now. Thanks for your participation.

• CM52@aol.com says:

I have been calling FOX (Fiction News) for years. . .FOX FICTION NEWS.

• Luke says:

BUT it was CNN that got caught LYING!!!

Not Fox…

• cazzbaa says:

Why are there not reply buttons for everyone? I had intended to say to LUKE that it is big News when CNN breaks a primary tenet of Journalism because their norm is to stick to the facts. FOXNEWS lives off of the lies they create, there is No sense in becoming upset with FOXNEWS anymore because they trade in a world of their own making full of lies and deceit so it is NOT BIG news if they get it wrong because that is ALL that they do.

Go Girl! Amen to that.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Luke, this is for you from THE INSIDER who reported: Dec 26, 2016 · The statistics reported Tuesday in a “Fox & Friends” segment about 2016 food stamp fraud were incorrect. The latest USDA information, from 2009 to 2011 … Do you want the whole article and would you care for more? Get the point? Liberals rely on many sources and thrive on the truth. KNOWLEDGE is power. People, please, , the media is your voice and not you enemy. Any one of the networks have had to retract from time to time. At least they will man -up, apologize and move on. Trump wants to lock up journalists. LEAVE The free press alone, people. Do your homework. And, yes, it is reported that Trump believes journalists should be locked up. (that is exactly what Putin does) Do NOT believe that the press is your enemy. Bye, now. . courtesy of.the tree-hugging liberal.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Trump’s tirade against Mika on morning jo was despicable. However, don’t listen to the noise he and his minions make. . . watch what they do to (EPA, voter suppression, giant tax breaks for the wealthy, destruction of the Justice Department, stripping children of Medicaid, threatening journalists with bodily harm and lockups, lying to the public with alternative facts. . .I am just getting warmed up. Bobbie, keep sending the message. We are listening. Don’t give up this fight for the traitorous assault being hurled at our democracy and world democracy. We hear you. God bless America.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Luke, here is just one of many FOX news retractions. On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer SethRich and Fox says “The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting. Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed. “This is a statement form FOX. Want to see more like these? This is a lot of fun but I’ll go back to my tree hugging.

• Hmm, I would look up the word pattern if I was you. It seems to be a pattern with the anchors you like and don’t like.

Greta was a good anchor who fairly covered things and didn’t come across as biased one way or the other. I have a feeling this was a combination of ratings and MSNBC wanting to lean even more to the left with the move.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Fox let her go, and MSNBC gave her plenty of time to bring up the ratings. She is a nice lady and was lucky to get out of FOX. However, she was not working out at MSNBC, either. Kevin, I keep it real. YOU BETCHA! I have a pattern or not watching anchors like Bill O’Reilly and other anchors like him. I’m a tree-hugging liberal and proud of it. DUMP TRUMP and Make America Great Again!!!! hahahahha

• Pat says:

How are the latest headlines about phony CNN striking you, hypocrite? :-)

• CM52@aol.com says:

CNN retracted two stories but never said these stories were lies. They have strict rules around their source vetting and was quick to pull these back. FOX FICTION NEWS, however is still tap dancing around the fact that the Russians interfered with our election. Be very careful who you call a hypocrite. Now, I’m going to run while Pat washes her mouth out with soap. I found another tree to hug!!!!!

• Luke says:

No Hon, you are a Hypocrite

Rules of vetting?????They did not check their sources, that is why they had to retract the story.

And it is now FACT that Russian did not collude and tried but DID NOT interfere with our election

• CM52@aol.com says:

I am not your hon, or your babe, or . . .17 intelligence agencies to do not agree with your thinking. The Russians interfered. DEAL WITH IT! You could read Malcolm Nance’s book. It is nonsense not to believe what happened here and in other countries. France just got the same deal. Do not rely on FOX FICTION NEWS. They always come out the worst when they are fact checked. I’m wasting my time, you are lost, obviously.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Luke, check news, today and networks other than FOX. Ever heard of Peter W. Smith, a very notable Republican operative? Smith is a Republican operative from way back. The Wall Street Journal has published a story about him,today. It involves Michael Flynn. Smith alleged that he, Peter W Smith, asked the Russians to give hacked- Clinton emails to him because he wanted to use them during the election. Smith also alleged that Michael Flynn was in the loop with this. This is not about party politics. This is about interference with a US election. The Russians tried to do the same in France, recently. According to people like Jeff Sessions, who went under oath and on the air, the president has not talked with him about the Russian interference. SEVENTEEN intelligence agencies have reported these facts concerning Russian interference… to the president. Read the story, about Peter W Smith. Be afraid. . .be very afraid. World democracy is under assault.

• CM52@aol.com says:

CIA concludes Russia interfered to help Trump win election, say reports . . .the Guardian

Former National Security Director Gen. Keith Alexander told members of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence in a Thursday afternoon hearing on Russian meddling in the 2016 election cycle that he believes the country indeed interfered. CBS News March

LOS Angeles Times Today: The FBI found evidence by August that Russian-backed hackers had targeted electoral systems in 21 states, officials confirmed Wednesday, but the Obama administration did not publicly disclose the meddling until Oct. 7.

There is no conclusions about whether votes were changed but that is only a small piece of this mess. They hacked our voter registration. Do your own homework. This is not a party problem. This is a national problem.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Sean Hannity done talking about Seth Rich and WikiLeaks ‘for now’ as Fox News retracts story. Also, On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich. The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting. Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed. These are quotes from the Fox news, about their article. Want to seem more retracted stories from FOX? This is fun.

• CM52@aol.com says:

On May 16, Pat, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich. Here is the retraction and FOX quotes” The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting. Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.” That is FOX QUOTE and retraction. I can go on like this all day but I think you get my point. Bye. . .the tree-hugging liberal.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Here is one of many retractions from FOX”On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich and here is the Fox retraction quote. . .”The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting. Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.?. . . . Are we having fun,now?!!!!!

• CM52@aol.com says:

Fox News falsely reported that the Quebec terrorism suspect was Moroccan. Then Canada got mad. This is a headline from The Washington Post, February 1 from a report from Avi Selk. I could show you these all day. Don’t call people hypocrites. Fox is not acclaimed for honest reporting. Just stop.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Here’s one of many FOX goofy stories that were retracted.. BOOM! How is this striking you. Stop beating up networks other than FOX. FOX gets the worst mark from fact checkers. The media is your voice and not the enemy. ENJOY! BOOM!

The press is not the enemy. . .it is your voice, period. BOOM! AGAIN!

• cazzbaa says:

You know something Pat, it is people like yourself who make it difficult for others to admit to a problem, a mistake, a crime, or in the case of CNN management who took swift action against individuals who broke Journalistic principles. You are one of those “GOTCHA” people androgenous-Pat who hang around looking for anything less than your standard of perfection so you may pounce to punish, then denigrate and blame others. I really wonder if you are able to live up to that same standard that you expect of others, because if not then there is a question asking whom the hypocrite really is.

• Cazzbaa, thanks. Our Liar-in-Chief does not apologize for any mistakes or lying. They think we cannot believe our own eyes when we see such a modest crowd at the inauguration, for instance. We are living in Trump Land home of the Hypocrite.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Megyn Kelly was sexually harassed at her job and so she left. Which Clampett-truckdriving, beer belly. . .suggested this is freedom of the press. I guess that Trump video when he disclosed he frequently assaults women and he can’t help himself is freedom of the press. BET YOU LOVED THAT ONE!!!!!!

• Jomack says:

Hey CM all the networks and news outlets retracted that statement you made about 17 intelligence agencies agreed about Russia interference. Make a list of your inaccuracies from your viewing and reading choices

• CM52@aol.com says:

I love hitting nerves and I do my homework! The networks are not backing down from the fact that the Russians interfered with our election. WE are not sure how the election was affected. . . voting wise . . .but the Russians tried to interfere and that is a fact. The Russian recently failed an attempt to affect the recent French election. Time to sober up and smell the coffee. Liberals will save this democracy, once again.

• CM52@aol.com says:

NSA director frustrated Trump won’t accept Russia interfered in election: report
          The Hill · 2 days ago

Trump Admits Russia Interfered In The Presidential Election …. BUZZFeed
          Jun 23, 2017 · President Trump acknowledged Friday for the first time since taking office that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election, lashing out at how …. . . .

Jun 27, 2017 · … NSA Chief Frustrated Trump Won’t Admit Russian Election Interference. … last year’s election. CNN reports

May 07, 2017 · Watch live: Sally Yates testifies to Congress on alleged Russian interference in presidential election. The USA TODAY NETWORK will have live coverage of …

CIA concludes Russia interfered to help Trump win election, say reports … CIA concludes Russia interfered to help Trump win … led by intelligence agencies, … Recently in The Guardian

Homeland Security: Russia Targeted 21 States in 2016, Changed No Votes

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. This From:Release Date: October 7, 2016
          DHS and ODNI Seals

For Immediate Release
          DHS Press Office
          Contact: 202-282-8010

BOOM! Got things to do now.

• Sally says:

This is all deceitful leaks. Trump did not collBorate with Russia and there is no proof of collusion. The Russians have been hacking us for years why didn’t Obama do something about hacking. Most of the intelligence community were Hillary supporters. They thought they had the election won. Trump won because he addressed the working class who are jobless or low paid. When he won the election they were so shocked and their inability to accept results started the Russian baloney. How do the know that HRC was not Russia’s favorite. They sat. Ack and let Russia do whatever they wanted and now blaming Trump. Truth had come out and liberal fNatics still can’t accept.

3. BonnieW says:

I liked Greta on Fox but she changed when she moved to MSNBC…not the same Greta so I tuned out.

• J.Norman says:

You are getting close to the problem.

She was simply not able to portray enough far left liberalism to survive on MSNBC and conservatives viewed her as a sell out by virtue of her being on that network.

She had no shot on MSNBC.

• CM52@aol.com says:

FOX burned Greta. . . . MSNBC gave her a chance. Far- left liberalism will save the United States from the traitorous assaults coming out of the White House.

• Jomack says:

Are you from Venezuela? Sounds like it,

• CM52@aol.com says:

Jomack, Venezuela is a country whose leaders are starving their own people. They also tell them America is the reason for their problem I was shocked to see this posting, yesterday. This really doesn’t deserve a response. The people in Venezuela are fine. Their leaders are dictators.
            I intend to declare myself a Muslim if Trump, keeps abusing power, and throws them out. Anyway, the subject is Greta and not your bruised ego.

• Dawn Barr says:

Did you see Sally say maybe the Russians preferred HRC? Another one that didn’t start paying attention until the reality star she knew was running…

4. Meggy says:

Greta left a great network WITH viewers to this piece of schlock known as MSNBC. And she was no Trump supporter. She and her husband support Democrat causes

• CM52@aol.com says:

Another FOX FICTION NEWS fan using appalling adjectives to describe MSNBC. Meg , how old are you really, sheesh! I am a liberal and now I must run to take care of my bleeding heart. At least , I have a heart!!!!!!

• Sally, I want whatever you are drinking. All of the high-ranking Republicans are admitting to the bigger-than-ever interference in the election of 2016. The verdict on collusion is still out. But don’t worry, our Liar-In-Chief will not have to wait long and neither will you.

5. I wasn’t a fan. She didn’t seem super comfortable and Ari is dynamic. He needs a platform.

6. Tom says:

I was surprised she was ever in there in the first place

• CM52@aol.com says:

MSNBC gives both sides of the political story. That is why Republican Joe Scarborough is on the air at MSNBC and has been for many years. He is ridiculous with the republican rhetoric. I have watched Scarborough in the past, on Morning Joe, TALK about Alternative Facts, It is better, though, to know your DEVIL. Knowledge is power. Scarborough hurts the Republican cause EACH and every day. That is why MSNBC keeps him. MSNBC is crazy like a fox. No pun intended. hahahahah!

7. Tomm Huntre says:

Greta is an achor I’ve enjoyed for a long time, back to her CNN days. MSNBC barely gave her time to find an audience.

I believe MSNBC is being unfair to a woman!!!!

8. Yes…I will miss Greta… I respected her ability to address both sides of issues. Often, I did not agree with her views. However, she challenged me to take deeper notice of discussions from pro and con views of guests.
    I wish her well.
    MSNBC remains my “go to” network for
    reliable and up to date news.
    Thank you MSNBC for outstanding staff and coverage.

9. Mary Hannon says:

Sorry to hear that. Enjoyed her show — fair and knowledgeable.

10. Bonnie Madsen says:

I appreciated Greta’s sober approach to the problems this country is facing and her ability to get guests from the right. Made it interesting. I am tired of msnbc’s totally single party side of all stories. I watch only msnbc for my political info. With that said, time to tone down hysteria. Let guests respond without interruption. So rude and disrupting. My favorite programs are/were MTP daily, For the REcord, Morning Joe. and 11th hour and the one hosted by Nicole Wallace. Calm interviews and rhetoric (for the most part). Sorry about Greta. I wish she had used email. I would have given her a word of support. I don’t use other social media sources.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Bonnie, Joe is a Republican and ex congressman, Nicole is an analyst and worked in the Bush White House, The shows you like are very pro Republican . All of these anchors should be on FOX. They talk over guests from the left and are totally rude. I will not watch any of the shows you listed. Furthermore, they do not get the ratings that Rachel and The The Last Word, with Lawrence O’donnell. MSNBC will show both sides of politics unlike FOX. But, as a proud liberal I will not watch those shows you listed. Enjoy them though because I do agree with a free press since it is part of the backbone of democracy.

11. Vince says:

I’ll be more than happy to take her severance / contract buyout.

12. Care401 says:

I’m very glad she’s gone. Her voice was grating, and her show uninteresting. Ari Melber is a more dynamic and well-informed host. Looking forward to watching again at 6:00.

13. Susan says:

She is someone we need more of in the news media. FAIR, OBJECTIVE, AND COMPASSIONATE!!! Very disappointed in MSNBC. When Rachel Maddox promoted Gretchen coming to MSNBC, everything Rachel said was TRUE!
    Gretchen is a lost to those of us who appreciate facts and compassion!
    A huge loss for MSNBC-so disappointing!! After only giving her a chance for a couple months! Our loss-BEST TO YOU GRETA YOU WERE GREAT AND WHAT OUR
    COUNTRY NEEDS -YOU WILL BE MISSED!!👍👍👍🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• CM52@aol.com says:

Greta was on MSNBC for just under 6 months, Susan. Her ratings were tanking. She is a very nice Republican, lady, seriously. I was bored with her interviews, though, But of course, I watched Greta for MORE THAN A COUPLE OF MONTHS. She tapped danced around too many interviews concerning the Russians interfering with the election. THAT’S OK ON FOX BUT NOT ON MSNBC.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Don’t believe the alternative facts coming out of FOX FICTION NEWS. FOX burned Greta, not MSNBC. She had six months and plenty of time to bring her numbers around for MSNBC. FOX lost out when they let Greta leave. KEEP WITH THE FACTS and face up to reality.

14. Ricky23 says:

Will they have the same patience with Megan Kelly if her morning show doesn’t take off? She also doesn’t seem like a comfortable fit

15. Judson says:

Never liked her.Glad she is gone.

16. Ira says:

Unfortunately another intelligent, well verse woman is taken off the air. I understand that Politics is so polarized that to many people on each side are looking for only extreme left or right voices to listen to. I was hoping that MSNBC was backing Greta who brought some center voice to listen to who could ask good questions have thoughtful opinions and get intelligent people to come on the show to get an expanded points of view. But rather than stick with her and build upon her base they gave into ratings game and became the opposite extreme of FOX. I like Rachel, Chris, and Lawrence but Greta was a fresh voice. Hard for me to believe that the other hosts feel this was an intelligent move because I believe they had real respect for Greta also. Depressing and discouraging and I will not be watching that time slot anymore, but obviously there are too many viewers who just wanted another presenter saying the exact same things all the other presenters on MSNBC are saying. I guess the only real choice left is the PBS Newshour. I am embarrassed for the network.

17. Jean norris says:

Greta was great at Fox….we miss u Greta.

18. Julia says:

She didn’t have good ratings mostly because the audience that really liked her on FOX didn’t follow her to MSNBC (including me), unfortunately. Hope she finds a new home where people will watch because I think she’s a smart, honest & fair professional in her field.

• CM52@aol.com says:

FOX fired Greta. MSNBC did give her a chance. You didn’t follow Greta on MSNBC? Well, than own it. Joe Scarborough is a Republican who has been on air for years at MSNBC. There is no free lunch anywhere.

19. Ralph Emerson says:

Nicole Wallace has to be the next to be taken off of the hosting details. She’s too enamored with herself, almost to the point of being giddy. And she talks right over guests just like when she was just a Republican analyst. Not to mention that each question she thinks up takes a half hour to unfold. Whatever happened to Joy Reid? She is infinitely better than Walllace. Wallace is still good as a guest, but as a host she is a no go, as far as I’m concerned. I really think Brian Williams is the one who shoe horned her into her hosting duties. One thing I know for sure, I will not miss Van Susteren. She’s just another FOX castaway looking for another Liberal home to give her a break. CNN and MSNBC give those people too much exposure as it is, and they haven’t learned yet that it is harmful to the Liberal agenda in the environment we are in today.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Mr, Emerson you are a voice of reason, Nicole Wallace is not a journalist and is way over her head in an anchor position. Her interviewing is painful to watch.

• Ellen says:

I used to enjoy watching Nicolle on Morning Joe, followed her over to The View for her year there and back to MSNBC. I think she’s great. Greta, on the other hand, was both an insult to those of us who have been regular MSNBC watchers and a snooze fest on top of it. I wrote to MSNBC and complained about her, and I rarely do that.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Nicolle keeps talking about her on-air husbands. What is that about? She, I believe, is a boring anchor and silly on top of that. I think she is probably a decent person but she is definitely not anchor material. Ellen, I agree, with your Greta comments. Greta, too I believe, is a decent person. She is not anchor material for MSNBC. FOX should not have let her go. FOX kept that sleaze O’Reilly around for years and so I guess that is my answer to what they did to Greta.

20. J marr says:

I was really beginning to like Greta. I liked her unbiased attitude towards Trump. She had a head on her shoulders and wasn’t just a Republican squawk box but a woman with a brain and character. I think she should have been given more of a chance. As well rounded people we need to hear both sides of issues.

21. Jeannette Walkinshaw says:

Watched Greta for about two weeks after her debut. Was boring, uninformative, stunted in content and unappealing. She tossed softball questions at guests and didn’t follow-up on outrageous statements made by her guest talking head. What took so long to send her packing? Now, send Nicole Wallace out the back door.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Yes, Jeanette! I like your thinking. I watched Greta longer than you did. I watch Rachel Maddow and listened to Rachel’s recommendation to give her a chance. I did for about six months. Greta was uncomfortable at MSNBC and it showed. She is obviously a smart woman and I don’t understand why Fox didn’t keep her. I don’t agree with her politics , though. She failed MSNBC.

22. Shannon says:

I am sorry she was let go. Enjoyed her perspective and interviews.

23. Christine Perry says:

I loved Greta. She was thoughtful, interesting and asked excellent questions. Why does everything have to be over the top and intense. I thought she brought intellect and insight to her program. She had interesting and thoughtful guests. She was also a very accomplished woman. Why can’t we have more women like that! I will miss her program. Had MSNBC given her more time I think her rating would have increased.

• CM52@aol.com says:

Christine, Mika, Joy, Rachel, Andrea are great MSNBC anchors with shows for your enjoyment.Greta had plenty of time. HMMM, intence? Do you mean like those juvenille tweets Trump hurled at Mika? What? I’m not hearing any put down of the monster behind those tweets. Sheesh! People STOP putting down any network other than FOX FICTION News. We are not stupid liberals and we never sleep during this war on the media and free speech. I have been silent far too long and too politically correct. You want the gloves off. Well they are off. GOD SAVE AMERICA.

24. Mary Anne Reilly says:

Yes, I will miss her show. That was lousy to take her show off.

25. Maggie Anderson says:

I couldn’t stand her whiney voice. When she came on, I would switch to CNN for an hour, then back to MSNBC

26. Maggie Anderson says:

It’s not Fox News, it’s FAUX News!!!

• CM52@aol.com says:

Like I said, I’ve been calling it FOX FICTION NEWS for the 20 plus years it has been on the air. Talk about draining the swamp. . . what a bunch of raw sewage spews out of that ridiculous excuse for a network. I like the French version. . .FAUX NEWS. . hahahahahha Your are a riot, Ms. Anderson!!!

27. Amy says:

I am so glad that two-faced, hypocrite is gone. She was nasty as all get on Fox, and then came on MSNBC ACTING all brand new, as if we msnbc viewers had forgotten how mean-spirited she was in her coverage about the DEMS and how she kissed the REPS butt at FOX. Also, she waaay to ugly to be on T.V. and her voice is simply horrible.

28. Mary says:

I thought Greta was “like a breath of fresh air “which I appreciated. She was committed to seeking a fair
    Sharing of news & expressed a genuine compassion for those who were suffering in some way. Yes, I will miss her & think you gave up on her too soon. Give her more time!! Mary O. I will watch another channel now that she is out. Sad!!

• CM52@aol.com says:

Sad. .????really???? Mary, are you really, Trump. Trump regularly pretended to be other people when he called networks who would not air his insane rhetoric. I can imagine what channel you are talking about. You are most certainly a FOX FICTION NEWS addict. Be real. . .SAD? REALLY? DUMP TRUMP.

29. Brady Hartzog says:

I watched Greta each night. I always appreciated her views although I did not always agree. It appeared that she was always seeking the truth instead of always Trump bashing.

30. Mary says:

I will miss Greta.
    I am disappointed that you didn’t give her more time. I said previously I was sad but meant disappointed.

31. Big stick rick says:

She was great at fox an just as good on msnbc msnbc didn’t like her type of broadcast their lose

• CM52@aol.com says:

Big Stick??? What. . .ladies, seriously!!!!! Fox fired Greta, their loss, . .sorry,R, I can’t call you Big? What. .. anyway Republican Joe Scarborough has been on MSNBC for many years. MSNBC will allow failed republican politicians, like Joe, to whine on air. . .sometimes amusing.. .Any, way Greta couldn’t get the ratings and she had plenty of time. FOX should take her back as she is by far brainier than their other anchors.

32. Patricia Trego says:

Ever since MSNBC betrayed their viewing audience by attepting to capture Conservative Fox viewers, I have watched more and more CNN. Except, I never miss Rachael Maddow of Chris Hays. I usually watch Lawrence O’Donnell and Brian Williams. I turn the channel frequently during the daytime programs because MSNBC has crammed those programs with Republicans. When reporting on a story, the overwhelming viewpoint that is represented is the Republican one (like Hugh Hewitt). Chuck Todd is no Tim Russert. I gave up on him long ago because he overwhelmingly fills his show with Republicans presenting their propaganda. Thank God for Joy Reid! She presents a very thoughtful angle on the politics of the day and doesn’t allow rude Republicans to take over and filibuster the conversation.

33. Snitz says:

Greta Van Susteren was given the wrong time slot. Her program should have immediately preceded or followed ‘Morning Joe’ because the audience after ‘MTP Daily’ is clearly a progressive/moderate one. This centre-left demographic had already endured way more than enough false-equivalence and unsound rationalizations of Republican policies and Trump’s actions/utterances from Chuck Todd and his panelists. Van Susteren was a Murdochian bridge too far.

34. Susan Colten says:

Mistake for MSNBC to let her go. She is smart and honest and a good voice for the middle. MSNBC can’t only be for the far left…..lets expand our perspective and win an election instead of insisting on only one point of view

35. Mike says:

Didn’t seem a great fit idealogically at times, but I think she could have benefitted by a longer break-in time. Probably was at Fox too long to make the adjustment to MSNBC.

36. Huskygrl says:

With Rachel’s recommendation I did give Greta a chance. But between her grating voice, preachy manor and Chris Matthews inspired interview-interruptus style 6 months was more than enough! I don’t need to be told 1) that she’s a lawyer every day, 2) how to think about every topic she presents, I’ll figure that out for myself thanks, or 3) that anyone ever needs to hear from the hysterical mouth of Alan Dershowitz. She actually seems like a truly nice person, but her show was both deadly boring and annoying and I won’t miss it at all!

On the other hand Ari does an excellent job at everything they give him and there is no one I’d rather have explain legal issues to me! And he doesn’t even have to remind me 30 times that he’s a lawyer!

37. Celeste Washington says:

I stopped watching Greta because of her constant excuse making in favor of the GOP while reporting the news. I was totally surprised when NBC hired her

38. Celeste Washington says:

Stopped watching Greta because of her support for the GOP ina favorable manner as she do called reported the news.

After seeing her on FOX, I was SHOCKED when NBC hired her in a he first place

39. Nettle Butts says:

All I can say is thank God. I hated looking at her. Her questions to guest was geared in support of Trump. She was the worst choice for the show. OBVIOUSLY A WRONG CHOICE FROM THE START.

40. Patricia J.Burke says:

I have liked her for yeats.I will miss her and her opinions.

41. Angela N Collins says:

i like greta i hope she comes back

42. Vic Day says:

We never missed her program, we will miss her very much. She is always open to both sides of the story.

43. Ray Ukaria says:

Yes, I will miss this smart lawyer, I wished she had not been labelled an ex fox news jost.

44. cazzbaa says:

I was shocked today when I looked for her show and it was gone! I loved Greta’s approach she was a take no prisoner’s just the facts, and only the facts type host.. I do not know a thing about ratings or the TV industry, but I ask you what is not to be loved about Greta Van Susteren? That was the ONLY cable Interview show that I made certain to watch daily, the rest of them I can do without, they are all hyperbole both LEFT and RIGHT. Greta always did her best to get at the nut of the story. She is a hard-charging interviewer obviously her legal training helped develop that and Greta ripped fools apart who tried to blindfold the truth. stupid, stupid, stupid!

45. James Coakley says:

I will miss Greta’s measured honest approch. She asked prescient guestions regardless of party affiliation

46. Wayne Evans says:

I thought she brought something different. She asked straight questions & fair questions. We have to remember everyone can’t be the same. I use to watch FOX because of her. No ones opinion is the same. It takes many views. MSNBC- what are you doing?

47. I’m a new viewer of MSNBC and I really liked Greta I thought she was a straight shooter. Sorry to see her go.

48. GW says:

Greta was not a great fit for MSNBC. Sometimes too opinionated, and just simply boring. I watch MSNBC, until Greta’s show would come on, and Switch back to MSNBC when her show went off. Great move MSNBC!

49. docgebhard says:

I loved Greta…. sad to see her go. I’ll miss you!

50. Louise Olberding says:

I watched Greta off and on as my schedule allowed, and liked her guests. I think she was good for this climate of political extremism and would like to have seen patience on the part of everyone. Given time I thought she could work. I think she was another smart person, perhaps right leaning, who was dismayed by what happened to the right and was helping everyone figure it out. I wish her well. —- Lou