Better Call Saul Season 3 Finale Jimmy Kim

Better Call Saul Renewed for Season 4

Your day just got a whole lot better, Better Call Saul fans: AMC has officially renewed the Breaking Bad prequel for a fourth season.

Saul will return for a 10-episode Season 4 in 2018, the network announced on Tuesday. Bob Odenkirk stars as Jimmy McGill, the charming schemer who will go on to become Walter White’s lawyer Saul Goodman. The supporting cast includes fellow Breaking Bad alum Jonathan Banks, reprising his role as hard-nosed fixer Mike Ehrmantraut, along with Michael McKean and Rhea Seehorn.

The renewal news was expected for a while now: Saul is one of TV’s most acclaimed dramas, racking up a total of 14 Emmy nominations, including two straight nods for Outstanding Drama Series. And Season 3 wrapped up last week on a massive cliffhanger, with Jimmy’s older brother Chuck (McKean) last seen sitting in his house as it’s engulfed in flames.

“Supporting artists we respect and admire; delivering truly outstanding character development and nuanced dramatic twists and turns; continuing a legacy of bold creative choices; loving writing that is the best in the business: Truly, ‘S’all good, man,'” AMC president Charlie Collier said in a statement. “Congratulations to Vince, Peter, Bob and everyone involved with Better Call Saul. Bring on Season 4!”

Are you excited for more Saul in Season 4? Give us your early predictions in the comments.

1. Natalie says:

Woo hoo

2. drhenning says:

I am happy it’s renewed and not surprised but you gotta think it should have gotten a multi-year renewal to take us up to the creation of the Saul Goodman firm and WW walking through the door?? I guess they have a lot of story points to clear up in the next couple of years..

3. Wrstlgirl says:

I kind of thought this was a no brainer :-)

4. Mabulous says:

Great news but would have loved more than 10 episodes.

• Walkie says:

They always do just 10 episodes of Saul.

• Wrstlgirl says:

I think 10-12 is perfect to tell a good tight story. I hate these series that do 18-22 (or whatever) episodes and so many of them are filler that do nothing to advance the story along. That’s when I get bored and decide not to watch anymore.

5. kate says:

Yay! Although, the way Gould was talking about it (and that there are plans to likely skip over the Breaking Bad time to catch up with Gene in Omaha) this more sort of feels like once FTWD and Preacher began (so right at the show was ending) that the upper execs at AMC all just took two weeks off and kind of assumed this was already done.

6. Walkie says:

It would be brilliant to have one whole season in the “present day” to follow Gene through to some kind of end game.

7. kirads09 says:

Yay. I would’ve been hearbroken if it ended with S3. I truly believe it is what happened with Chuck that will be the final Jimmy turns into Saul catalyst – not anything with Kim. But maybe Kim just won’t be able handle that.

8. webly3 says:

I’m so glad about this! I hope that BCS has at least one more season after 4. I can’t imagine the show wrapping after just one more year.

• MMD says:

Neither can I. There is still so much story to tell before Jimmy finally becomes Saul permanently. As far as I’m concerned there could be many more seasons even some that could run parallel to BB.

I’m thrilled about the renewal. It hadn’t occurred to me that it might not get renewed until some people on here were wondering.

9. Joey Padron says:

Happy news! I knew the show would get renewed for another season. Season 3 was so good. Can’t wait to watch season 4 next year!

10. George H. says:

This is good news. Been coming here every day since the season ended to see if it was renewed.

11. Cobra says:

Great freaking news!

12. parstl says:

I know its far fetched but I hope at some point Saul in hiding (post breaking bad)contacts and at least reunites as friends with Kim. I hope she does not get killed off or something.

13. Tom says:

I haven’t watched since Season 1, is it good? I can catch up. Loved Breaking Bad.

14. Television says:

Great news, this show is even better than BreakingBad. Everyone is superb in their acting skills.

15. Jj says:

YAY!!!!!! Love this show even more than Breaking Bad.

16. Lior says:

This is great news but as a true fan of both BB and BCS I hope it will also be the last season.
    The slow-pace is becoming the real hero of this excellent drama and as good as it might be, there is no reason to stretch it over more than 4 seasons.
    Just imagine that BB was 5 seasons long and told a much more complicated story…

17. Susan says:

I love the characters in this show now and I’m thrilled it’s been renewed for another season. It was hard at first to click with the show and to understand Jimmy until I watched Breaking Bad. But after watching breaking Bad I was completely sold on Better Call Saul. I’ll admit I was a late bloomer to both shows but now I wish they would both never end. Awesome acting. Awesome characters. The best.