Orphan Black

Was Orphan Black Off Its Clone Game? Another Wayward Sis for Supernatural? Twin Peaks Hint Pays Off? And More Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Orphan Black, Better Call Saul, Supernatural and Pretty Little Liars!

1 | Regarding Reign‘s series-ending time jump, TVLine reader Melissa asks, “21 years later… and they never aged?”

2 | Was Orphan Black‘s Sarah/M.K. convo a rare instance of clone eyelines not matching up? Or are we being too nitpicky? (They did flawlessly exchange clothes.)

3 | It was only for a fictional Veep episode, but Adam Scott looked pretty great as host of The Tonight Show, didn’t he? Can we get this guy his own talker, stat?

4 | If you saw and heeded Twin Peaks boss David Lynch’s pre-season hint that the Fire Walk With Me movie was recommended viewing, are you glad you did? Also, how new to town is Ashley Judd’s Beverly that the name “Laura Palmer” is completely foreign to her?

5 | How many Fear the Walking Dead viewers didn’t realize how badly they’d missed Daniel until he was resurrected? And how will the show possibly top the visual of a walker being struck by lightning?

6 | Who among you in the American Gods/Pushing Daisies Venn diagram overlap noticed the similarities between Easter and Olive Snook’s bedrooms before showrunner Bryan Fuller tweeted about it?

7 | Regarding American Ninja Warrior‘s new obstacles: Do you think the 7-year-old who dreamed up Sky Hooks anticipated contestants would have to battle side-to-side sway, or was that just a happy accident?

9 | If Better Call Saul doesn’t get renewed, wouldn’t Monday’s season ender go down as an all-time dark — and disappointing — series finale? And did Kim’s “Relaxathon 2003” give you a burstSupernatural Madison McLaughlin of nostalgia for browsing videos at Blockbuster?

10 | Supernatural fans, wouldn’t it make sense for the potential spinoff Wayward Sisters to also include young hunter Krissy (played by Madison McLaughlin, aka Arrow‘s probably dead Artemis)?

11 | Are you glad that World of Dance finally brought host Jenna Dewan Tatum out on stage, and to swap notes with the judges? But now are you clamoring for her, J.Lo, Ne-Yo and Derek Hough to perform a dance number together at some point?

12 | Were you disappointed that Pretty Little Liars‘ long-awaited classroom scene turned out to be nothing more than a dream?

iZombie Jason Dohring13 | How did this, um, revealing iZombie scene get past Standards & Practices?

14 | How hilarious was it that when The Haves and the Have Nots‘ Veronica was awakened by the blood-covered son who’d once stabbed her, her immediate reaction was to check that there wasn’t another knife in her breast implant?

15 | Any Kingdom viewers have a really, really, really bad feeling about Dom? And was his hook-up with Lisa as sadly predictable as it was unflattering for the latter?

16 | Since Fargo‘s finale left it up to us, what do you think happens after that final scene: Does Gloria succeed in shipping Varga off to Rikers, or does he waltz out of there a free man? Won’t Gloria get to enjoy a fried Snickers bar at the state fair either way? And did you have a hard time buying that Mary Elizabeth Winstead’s disreputable-but-not-evil Nikki Swango would shoot an innocent police officer?

Nashville Season 5 Rachel Bilson17 | Has anyone in the history of Nashville been worse at reading a room than Highway 65’s new chief strategy officer Alyssa Greene?

18 | Why was the audio on Boy Band perfectly fine except when the guys were singing?

19 | If you hadn’t read that Gong Show host “Tommy Maitland” was actually Mike Meyers, would you have A) suspected it was someone buried under prosthetics, and maybe even B) guessed it was Meyers?

20 | Did Hollywood Game Night‘s season premiere introduce too many new games? Some of which (“Block This Way”) were just too silly?

21 | Did The Wall‘s quiz throw you a bit by using the “fazool” spelling of fagioli?

22 | Did you assume The Night Shift‘s Syria storyline would end with TC surviving the missile strike? And are you starting to find it conspicuous that the character apparently will remain segregated from the rest of the canvas/cast?

23 | Wasn’t The Mist surprisingly OK compared to its death-by-pitchfork scene that was so poorly, ahem, executed?Coke Commercial

24 | Is this one of the sweetest love stories playing on TV right now?

25 | Any GLOW viewers/Community fans amused that Alison Brie’s lover is played by Rich Sommer, who is also involved with Gillian Jacobs on Netflix’s Love?

Hit the comments with your answers – and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Television says:

1. Reign. That was such a great show, I’m sad it ended. Wish they could have just done away with the history and kept the story going. The very very ending was just super rushed you can tell.
    2. Orphan Black. It is great if they are in a scene together. I didn’t notice anything weird.
    9. Better Call Saul. This is better each episode. I think it would be a sad ending for sure. Please renew this show for many more seasons. Outstanding acting from everyone.
    12. Pretty Little Liars. I really didn’t understand at first this was actually supposed to be in the episode. It was so out of place, but obviously more dream like than originally played. Great show, sad to see it end. Don’t want it to end either.

All the good shows are going off the air. Nothing left to watch. Maybe they can do spinoffs of these shows or just un cancel them.

• jr. says:

IMO
      A.Wayward Pines before Wayward Sisters.
      B.GENIUS series and finale a great series.
      C. Hope Spencer on General Hospital stays a cast regular. Spencer is a great little actor who works well, and makes them all look better ( i.e., the adult cast and kids).. Finally Laura has a real storyline, that she feels real in and belongs’
      D. The recent movie The Mist, already shows itself to be superior to this Mist series…

2. Daisy says:

13 | How did this, um, revealing iZombie scene get past Standards & Practices? Um…let us not ask questions and just be eternally grateful that it happened.

• Amy says:

Exactly. I think I need to make that scene pic my new wallpaper….

• Big Cheddar says:

Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing. Just say “Thanks Rob Thomas and company!” and hope for more.

• LolaHaze says:

Amen! And thank you to TV line for the thumbnail that brightened my day.

• drhenning says:

When I saw that scene the other night, I was thinking that the FXing of CW is here… I guess a Tuesday at 9 show in June could slip by… What would Veronica think??? They probably could have gotten away with it during the movie…

• Laura says:

Ditto I’m definitely not complaining

• Drew says:

I don’t even understand the “complaint” that there’s something here that doesn’t meet standards and practices. It’s a guy in underwear. All you saw was a bulge, just the faintest VPL. Women have their “bulges” on display on TV constantly, no one complains. This is an ado about nothing…

3. 10 – NO. I like the idea of a spin off with the sheriff but the kids on that show are frankly annoying. Recast them and i’ll be happy to watch

4. TV Fiend says:

10 – Definitely not re: Wayward Sisters. I want it to feature both Jody Mills and Donna Hanscum and maybe for Claire and Alex to show up on a regular basis. Krissy could just make a guest appearance but not really recur.

5. AngelWasHere says:

19 He look like a creepy fake looking Robin Williams mixed one of Austin Powers’s characters. I hated it with a passion.

6. A says:

24) what show is it?

7. jenny says:

Wasn’t the only new game on Hollywood game night the first one (with rhyming names)? Unless I’m forgetting something or I’ve started having extremely vivid, prophetic dreams, the rest have been played before.

• fightfan3 says:

The Block game was definitely there last year, and the game in the ball pit is the same game they used to just move the couches back for, so they made it more difficult to reach the buzzer, but other than that it’s the same game as in the past.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

OK, that one was my bad. Pitchforks down! I didn’t recognize the slam-the-buzzer game (unnecessarily) relocated to the ball pit. And I somehow never saw the (silly) blocks game before. —Mgmt.

• Kristina says:

You are correct. The one in the ball pit was a slightly modified version of an existing game, but there was only one game that was completely new (the one with the rhyming names). Block This Way was not new.

8. Jake says:

12. With how crazy this show has gotten, i’ve gotten tired of being disappointed and/or confused by the show. Sure, it’s cheesy fun, but I am ready for it to be over. (If you were disappointed by that scene being a dream, I suspect the AD reveal will be so much worse…)

9. mia says:

#13….obviously they are a veronica mars fan lol and let it slide!!
    #ItsAboutTime

10. A fan of TV says:

Correction: Mike Myers. I want to comment on Fargo but way too far behind and had to scroll quickly past that Q.

11. Shannon says:

#12 It’s hard to be disappointed by PLL anymore.
    #13 That was the furthest thing from my mind during that scene.

12. Trey Hardy says:

Twin Pines has just fell flat in every episode. It was pretty fringe in the 90s, but now it’s just artisticly idiotic

13. Cate says:

Fargo – yes, I didn’t think Nikki would have killed a cop but they were in a bit of a Mexican stand off. I was just disappointed that was her end as she turned out to be almost the hero by the nod. Nikki and Wrench livened up the season for me while Ewan McGregor x2 was double dull! Glad he got offed!

• jless says:

Finally! Someone points out the flat, dull performance of Ewan McGregor, I like him in some movies, but in “Fargo”, what was suppose to be a “showcase” type of role, was very lackluster. “Fargo” this season was not great as the other two, it began weak and finished with a “Sopranos” like ending! I enjoyed the middle, especially the great Carrie Coon and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

14. Luis Roman says:

19. I knew it was Mike Meyers the minute I saw him.
    24. I LOVE that commercial!!!

15. drhenning says:

I can’t believe that AMC would drop Saul at this point getting somewhat closer to the BB time.. It’s an incomplete story if they do… My thought was they gave Gilligan a 5 season order but didn’t want to confirm it… I also think 30 episodes is not enough to sell it… heck.. Perry Mason used to do 30 episodes or more in 1 year back in the day..

• MMD says:

I refuse absolutely, totally, completely to even think of Better Call Saul not being renewed for at least a couple more years. It’s one of the best shows on tv.

16. mhollern says:

Re: 24– YES! Love this commercial!

17. Tom says:

6 | Who among you in the American Gods/Pushing Daisies Venn diagram overlap noticed the similarities between Easter and Olive Snook’s bedrooms before showrunner Bryan Fuller tweeted about it?
    ~
    *hangs head in shame*
    ~
    ~
    I mean, the voice is kind of unmistakable

18. 8 | Which Bachelorette spelling bee blunder was more embarrassing: Eric’s spelling of “facade” (p-h-y-s-d-e) or Peter’s take on “coitus” (q-u-i-c-u-i)?
    –Peter’s! He was a front runner for me until the spelling bee… and his freestyle on the boat. No, Sir. No no no.
    –I already don’t have much faith in this spin off but it’s going to be an uphill battle if we keep adding unpopular characters. 1000 times NO to Krissy the precocious smart mouth teenage brat.
    13 | How did this, um, revealing iZombie scene get past Standards & Practices?
    –Jason was half naked in an other episode when he was getting his full body tan. I’m starting to think they hired him for his fantastic physique. Kidding! He’s a fine actor, ON TOP of being serious eye candy and his charisma is out of this world.
    –Veronica is a mess lol. I hope the show doesn’t end with Jeffrey killing her…

19. Jared S says:

12. PLL creators obviously had no real plan for that scene when they tacked it onto the end of the season finale, or the plan the had changed drastically, so they just said screw it and made it a dream to explain it away. I would’ve been fine if they had never referenced it again tbh.

20. Katie_Mead says:

23: Nope. The opening scene let us know just how low to set our expectations for the rest of the episode(s). It’s so bad, that even Frances Conroy and Eric Knudsen seem like poor actors, surrounded by worse.

21. I just saw that coke commercial and it is the sweetest.

22. Michael Summerset says:

I get the feeling that Wayward Sisters might last only a single season if it even gets made. Supernatural itself is worn out and it’s just not the same without the Winchesters. The Men of Letters could have been a good spinoff if they hadn’t been turned into the bad guys of the season. And they’ve practically killed off all the interesting female characters. Imagine a paring of Rowena and Charlie. They could call it Red Sisters.

23. Paula Stiles says:

While I like the idea of a female-centric SPN spinoff (albeit, I really don’t think these current showrunners can pull it off), two characters I definitely don’t want to see on it, ever, are Krissy and Charlie.

24. Linda says:

10.) Oh God please no. I couldn’t stand her. (I’d actually wish Claire wouldn’t be apart of it either.)

25. Laura says:

12. The bigger question from that PLL episode was why Allison and Emily were worrying about their child being put in the foster system. Don’t you think Jason or Emily’s mom would take the baby in if they ended up in jail???

26. Gale Peacock says:

10. I hope CW stops casting the same wooden actresses across its shows. McLaughlin was bad on SPN, and was bad on Arrow. Reminds me of somebody who was also bad on SPN, and is still bad on Arrow. Not a fan of Jody’s foster kids either. I’d honestly prefer a Jody & Donna show.