Exclusive
Psych the Movie Cast

Psych Revival Enlists New Love Interest for Gus — and There's a (Fun!) Twist

USA Network’s forthcoming Psych revival is turning into quite the family affair.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Ballers actress Jazmyn Simon — aka the real-life fiancée of Psych leading man Dulé Hill — is joining the two-hour reunion movie as a romantic interest for Hill’s lovelorn Gus.

Press PLAY below and watch Simon announce the casting news — and offer a tease about her character Selene — as her other half looks on approvingly.

As previously reported, the holiday-themed Psych: The Movie (premiering in December) finds original cast members James Roday, the aforementioned Dule Hill, Timothy Omundson, Maggie Lawson, Corbin Bernsen and Kirsten Nelson reuniting “during the holidays after a mystery assailant targets one of their own.” We’re guessing the mystery assailant is Chuck’s Zachary Levi, who was recently tapped to play the main villain.

Psych creator Steve Franks co-wrote the script (with Roday) and will also direct.

1. ragnar51 says:

So good to see Dule’ Hill again, he was so great on The West Wing!!

• John Cunningham says:

Guess you have not seen this yet (Hill, who will be in a season-long arc, will join Suits starting in season seven. He will play Alex Williams, a longtime friend of Harvey’s )

• Maria Quinn says:

He also co-starred in Katherine Heigl’s recent, short-lived CBS legal show, Doubt; it only aired 2 eps before cancellation, but they announced yesterday they’re burning off the remaining 11 eps this summer. And he’s in the current/recent theatrical film, Sleight.

• Amelia says:

He was also recurring in Ballers Season 1. Not sure about the other seasons.

2. Haz says:

Will Kurt Fuller be back? I hope Hulu nabs the rights to air Psych or if returns to Netflix before this airs. I’m glad ION runs repeats but it’s completely out of order, it’s about to finish a cycle this week and instead of starting at season one they are jumping to season 3 and they’ve aired the last three season at least 4 or 5 times by now while season 1 and 2 has only aired once or twice.

• Kimberly King says:

I noticed the same thing! So annoying. The only reason I’m up from midnight to 2am is to watch Psych.

3. Brian says:

Is it known yet if Omundson is keeping his recent look or going back to the the way he did in the original series?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

He’s recovering from a recent stroke, so…. https://twitter.com/Omundson

• Annie Sisk says:

…. can you finish that sentence? What do his stroke and recovery mean for the movie? It’s kinda weird the way no sites are writing about this.

• Wordsmith says:

I think the rest of that sentence is that he may or may not be able to take part in the movie at all.

• Jared Munson says:

It was confirmed they are reworking the script so his role is worked around his recovery

• Annie Sisk says:

Except he’s tweeting semi-regularly – sometimes perfectly well, sometimes with typos. So it’s not clear at all. Which is why it’s odd that no site is writing about this. Obviously his health comes first and if he needs to sit this out to get better I hope he does just that. I just don’t get all the secrecy. It’s a stroke. It’s not some horrible social disease.

• Amelia says:

He’s also been posting on instagram recently still from a hospital.

• Jason Farr says:

I’d like a more in depth answer, also. I know from his social media that he is in the hospital, but this article mentions that he (along with the rest of the cast) are reuniting. I assumed TVLine got word that he will still be in the movie.

• Anne says:

Omg. How did I not know about this.

• Annie Sisk says:

Because no one is writing/talking about it, except Omundson himself in very cursory ways on social media.

4. Joey Padron says:

Awesome his real life fiancée will be in TV movie as Gus’s love interest. Looking forward to see her in TV movie!

5. Dj says:

Pineapple!

6. Maria Quinn says:

I remember Dulé’s now ex-wife, Nicole Lyn, also played a love interest for Gus in an episode of the series, From the Earth to Starbucks.

7. Syl says:

What about Sage Brocklebank? I guess it’ll be one more pineapple hunt. I hope they don’t do it too early as they did in the 100 Clues episode.

8. Anne says:

Oh lovely!

9. danoregon says:

One more chance to get Emilio on screen and complete the Breakfast Club slam.

10. MichaMainz says:

Gus aka Gurton Buster aka Shutterfly Simmons aka … infinite aliases is going to have a new love story? He still has more bad luck with the women than Sam Winchester. His heart is broken every time.

11. Kimberly King says:

There’s a PINEAPPLE! I wonder how many will be in the movie…?

I wish I could learn the real deal about the pineapples. Maybe I’m not *psycho* enough…