Marvel's The Defenders Netflix First Look Photos Poster Preview

Marvel's The Defenders First Look: Netflix's Heroes Team Up, Look Tough

Netflix’s Marvel superheroes are about to join forces… and they don’t look too thrilled about it.

The streaming service has given us a first look at Marvel’s The Defenders — the hotly anticipated comic-book team-up debuting Friday, August 18 — with a stark, black-and-white poster featuring the four heroes: Matt Murdock/Daredevil (Charlie Cox), Luke Cage (Mike Colter), Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter) and Danny Rand/Iron Fist (Finn Jones). Oh, and zero smiles between them.

Check out the full poster:

Marvel's The Defenders Netflix Key Art Poster Preview

The crime fighters, who each have their own solo Netflix series, come together in The Defenders to “save New York City,” per Netflix. “This is the story of four solitary figures, burdened with their own personal challenges, who realize they just might be stronger when teamed together.”

The Defenders‘ previously announced supporting cast includes Sigourney Weaver, Scott Glenn, The Matrix alum Carrie-Ann Moss, Elodie Yung (as Elektra) and Daredevil‘s Deborah Ann Woll, reprising her role as Karen Page.

Take a look at the poster, Marvel fans, then tell us: Which hero are you most excited to see back in action?

1. N says:

You’re forgetting patsy and Malcolm. 😞😞

2. Brody says:

Finn Jones couldn’t look tough if the entire cast of the expendables was backing him up.
    Dreadfully miscast & without doubt the weak link in the Netflix lineup.

• Mel says:

I couldn’t agree more. Everyone looks bad ass except Finn. He looks really out of place. On that note, I love the Marvel shows on Netflix and am excited about The Defenders, but I still haven’t watched Iron Fist. I have OCD and will need his backstory, so I will watch it before diving into The Defenders, but I really don’t want to.

• DL says:

I do agree he’s not right for the role. But I think his performance isn’t entirely on him. Most of the male characters in Iron Fist are strangely childish, petulant, and immature. Which is particularly odd because the female characters are complex and empowered. It all combines in a weird confluence of a writing mixed bag and very odd directing choices. If seeing Iron Fist throw a whiny snit-fit is what ends up on screen, that’s clearly what the director and writers intended. I’ve never seen so many man-child tantrums in one show, not only from Danny, but Ward and Howard too. So it can’t be all on Jones

• Simon says:

I though Iron fist, after a very boring first half of the season, picked up and ended up on a level that’s not miles away from the other Netflix series. Hopefully they can learn from it and use the character better in the crossover series.

3. Leigh says:

Looks great!

4. I know Matt Murdoch has a cane. But he looks like he’s giving a thumbs up. Poor Iron FIst looks lout of place trying to hang with the cool kids when he loks like he’s about 12.

5. Anne says:

Oh I’m so excited!!! I just hope Iron Fist isn’t in it much cause damn that was awful. But I’m so excited for Jessica, Luke and Matt!!

6. Pam T. says:

Jessica Jones. The only reason I may watch this is because there aren’t new episodes of her show.